Family Guy

Livin' on a Prayer

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Jan 29, 2012 on FOX

6.1
  • An episode that seems like a South Park episode with ALOT of filler....

Wow. Just WOW.

From the summary of the episode, I thought it was going to be another episode where they talk down to religious people, and it was, but not as harsh I would think, but it still had an annoying condescending tone, like the show that made jokes about 9/11 and rape is actually being serious and wants to address this issue of divine healing and the people who believe it, which would be pointless considering that the show pretty much gave every religious person the finger over and over again in past episodes! Buts that not the worst part.

This episode was boring! Pretty much most of the jokes in this just padded the episode out because the pacing was so slow, no B-plot or anything! The joke with all those Peters doing those team heist thing would have been funny if they actually happen in the show, but they didn't! It was a complete waste of time, animation, and potential for a funny scene. That TV joke about "Dracula in LA" was SO obvious going to be an AIDS crack. This entire episode felt like an episode of South Park, with the deep moral message at the end, but South Park would have done the same thing, but would have made the pacing better and actually HAVE funny jokes that related to the issue instead of being just randomly drawn out by manatees (this episode feels like that joke is SO true) as well as NOT being a waste time!

I don't know how I keep on watching this show, I vowed not to watch this show again over and over again. but my brothers still DVRs it constantly, not to mention Seth has the show syndicated on AdultSwim and TBS daily! I can't really fight it, but I guess I should just try watching the episodes when the show started out and enjoy them while I can... Back to the Pilot encouraged me to do that, and you should too.