Family Guy

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Jan 29, 2012 on FOX

6.1
  • Hated The Storyline.... Loved The Humor

5.5
    When Stewie's new best friend falls ill, Lois takes him to the hospital where she finds out he has a critical, but treatable, disease. However, the boy's parents refuse treatment due to their religious beliefs, leaving Lois no choice but to take drastic measures to seek treatment for the boy herself. Meanwhile, Peter has a religious experience of his own. This episode was honestly better than "The Blind Side" but I was say that I am extremely disappointed. I'm extremely disappointed in the storyline of this episode but I was NOT disappointed with the humor in this episode. The humor actually saved this episode because if it weren't for the humor... I would have actually given it a 1. Anyways, it was kinda hard on how I was going to rate this episode because it had an awful episode but it had excellent humor so I arranged them and made it equal to a 5.5 which seems right if you hate a storyline but love the humor of an episode. A few of the humor in this episode are a MISS or FILLER such as maybe 3 or 4 pointless cutaways but other than that, the humor was fantastic. There was only one FILLER scene in this episode and that was when Brian wanted to play Transformers with Stewie and his friend and then Stewie would keep complaining on and on to Brian about the Transformers and I really wanted him to shut up. I'll start off with the storyline on how I hate it and then I'll get to why I love the humor. Now you all know that I hate it when Seth MacFarlane makes religious episodes.... those kinds of episodes are the worst of this show. I really hope Seth MacFarlane isn't going back to making awfully written storylines for episodes again. I have been enjoying Season 10 so much this season and I want to continue it but I hope Seth doesn't make any more episodes like this for the rest of the season or any other season. Storyline is just so awfully written and made me roll my eyes and said to myself "Why Seth? Why? Please stop it". So yeah, the storyline was really awful and it's most certainly the WORST storyline that I have ever seen this season SO FAR. As for the humor, they were fantastic which is why my score isn't any lower than it should have been. The parts that made me (and my brother.... he watched this episode with me) laugh very hard was introduction with Stewie tripping over a rock and complaining about it (a little bit of a filler though), Peter going on his "Peterrang" (a.k.a. Boomerang) and then telling Lois that he was at the hospital for a brief second, the cutaway with 40 clowns fitting in one tiny car, Peter in his "Harry Potter" disguise, Peter rolling over the car, Peter kidnapping the wrong kid, The Peter's (there were like at least 10 of them), those two guys talking about going to church on a Sunday or Saturday and then that one guy says "Whaaaaaaaaaaaat?" when that one guy says that he goes to church on Saturday, and some more. So yeah, Seth was clever with the humor in this episode but he was NOT with the clever with the storyline in this episode and I hope he stops making these religious episodes already. Hopefully, the next episode will be better and have a very good storyline. Overall, awful storyline+excellent humor=mediocre. 5.5/10