Family Guy

Lottery Fever

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Sep 25, 2011 on FOX

4.5
  • Waste of Money and Time

I figured that maybe this premier of Season 10 of Family Guy would be decent since so many said it was great, but once again it seems it was all hype and very little substance. The plot is that after blowing all their savings on the lottery, Peter wins and the Griffins are now rich. So through the whole plot we see Peter and the other members of the family go crazy with money and lose their friends. It isn't until the family realizes how foolish they were acting until they lose their money and end up on the sidewalk. Peter goes back to Joe and Quagmire and tells he learned money can't solve their problems. He asks for their forgiveness and Quagmire writes a check for Peter allowing him to get his house back. Our episode ends with the entire family staring out the windows of their house saying nothing. This premier was such a waste of time and too cliched in every way. For one thing this plot has been done before and nothing new was added to the mix. It's literally Peter and family get selfish, lose friends, then lose everything, and then go back to their normal lifestyles. This is something you see in a Saturday Morning Cartoon, not Family Guy. There were some good moments like Peter shooting the BB Gun, Chris inhaling the glue, and Stewie and that big baby thing, but that was really it. Aside from those things this premier was not only a waste of time, but waste of money as well. I wouldn't really bother with it at all and it seems once more Family Guy has another bad season down the road.

FINAL SCORE: 2/10