Family Guy

Love Thy Trophy

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Mar 14, 2000 on FOX

• Superb for most of the parts

When Spooner Street ends up winning the float contest in the Harvest Day parade, a street-wide war breaks out over custody of the trophy. Meanwhile, to raise big money for a new Prada handbag, Meg gets a job at a pancake house, where she pretends that Stewie is her illegitimate crack addicted baby. Child services investigates and soon finds the Griffin home unsuitable for a baby, and take Stewie to a foster home. The residents of Spooner Street declare peace, and decide to rescue Stewie. I thought this was a superb episode. Not my favorite episode to watch, but it was pretty enjoyable for most of the part. Although there were no characters that annoyed me in this episode, the boring scenes is what made my lower. Some of the parts in this episode could have added more funny moments. I think both of the plots are funny. It was funny that Griffins won the contest thing because of that episode from a show. Meg taking Stewie to the pancake restaurant was very funny and Stewie got some funny lines as well. I thought it was funny when Rod Serling appeared and then the Spooner Street people chase him and then later Brian beat him up with a shovel. The very last part for the episode was hilarious. Overall, a superb episode, but a few parts could have been better. 9/10
  • Perfect

What I liked- Pancakes. , the traps everyone used, when everyone was saying each other's names at the store, chris in the lobster trap, Meg's laugh when she says "crack addicted baby"

But a perfect episode, reccomended to anyone

10/10

• Stewie is in a foster home

When Peter and the guys win a trophy for the best float at a parade, they can't decide who gets to keep it, so they put it in the middle of the street on top of the float, but someone stole it, and they all become enemies. Meanwhile, Meg wants to get a new handbag, and gets a job at A Pancake diner, by pretending that Stewie is her crack addicted baby.

Child services comes and takes Stewie after they hear the situation that meg made up, and all the neighbors of Spooner Street team up to get him back.

This wasn't a very funny episode, but it had a great plot, and Stewie was very funny like always.
  • Hilarious, like every other classic family guy

In this episode, Peter and his friends enter the town float, and after winning first prize, the trophy disappears and the neighbors turn against one another. In another plot, Meg gains sympathy tips at her job at the Pancake House, by saying that Stewie is her crack addicted baby. This favorite of mine is hilarious on many levels, like Stweie turning the kids of different cultures against one another, the child services lady buying up all of Meg's story, and thinking that "Pancakes" was street for "Crack" only helped make this episode awesome-r.Overall, this is an excellent episode that I recommend. 10/10 A+
  • A great show, but...

4.7
    This episode really applied on two levels to me, On one level it was crap on the other level it was good, I think this ep could really have not been made, I mean you know when a series just gets too sure of themselves and then lose it and then make a lousy episode like this, I was having trouble watching this the other day, infact it probaply made me laugh as much as a average King of the Hill, still one explanation could be that it was produced as the thirteenth one and to that effect still season one days, sorry for this FG-two thumbs down. (the good level was the first time I watched it)
  • this was a good ep

in this ep of the show family guy there is a big parade contest and the spooner street people win it and there is a tropy that is being handed out and thing is they dont know who gets the trophy and so meg also is looking to buy a hand bag thing is she needs money so she decides to go to work at a pancake house but she pretends stouie is her crack head baby and the child services come and decide to take a look at the griffen house and they take stouie away and the spooner stree people decide to go get stouie back this was a good ep
  • Fantastic Who's The Boss gag

Fantastic Who's The Boss gag as well as The end credits show a scene with Stewie trying to kick his 'pancake' addiction. This is a direct reference to the scene from director Danny Boyle's movie adaptation of Irvine Welsh's novel, Trainspotting.The epsidoe invovles For Quahog's yearly harvest festival parade with floats, the theme by Peter, "That Episode of Who's the Boss? in Which Tony Sees Angela Naked in the Shower", is chosen.

The float built by Peter, Quagmire, Cleveland and Joe wins, but the men can't agree at whose house the golden clam trophy should reside. They eventually decide on having it be placed over the road, held up by the statues from the float. The next day, the trophy is found to be missing, and everyone immediately suspects each other of stealing it.

Meanwhile, Meg gets a job at a pancake house so she can buy herself a Prada bag. She lets restaurateur Flappy believe that Stewie is her baby so she'll get the job. She soon realizes that allowing customers to think Stewie is a crack-addicted baby and that she is his single mother makes people give her higher tips. Stewie plays along because he loves the restaurant's pancakes.

Things come to a head when a woman from Child Protective Services asks Flappy for Meg's address. Upon questioning the Griffin's neighbors, they give bad answers because of the fight, leading CPS to place Stewie in a foster home. Upon finding this out, Peter, Lois, Quagmire, Cleveland, Loretta, Joe, and Bonnie put their argument aside to bail Stewie out. When an espionage mission fails, they instead trade Meg's newly-acquired Prada bag for Stewie, but they still don't know what happened to the trophy. That night, it is revealed (by Rod Serling) that Brian buried it in the Griffins' yard (he has an uncontrollable habit of burying shiny objects). Brian knocks Serling out with a shovel and proceeds to bury him as well.
  • Great Family Guy episode so darn hilarious.....

When Spooner Street ends up winning the float contest in the Harvest Day parade, a street-wide war breaks out over custody of the trophy. Meanwhile, to raise big money for a new Prada handbag, Meg gets a job at a pancake house, where she pretends that Stewie is her illegitimate crack addicted baby. Child services investigates and soon finds the Griffin home unsuitable for a baby, and take Stewie to a foster home. The residents of Spooner Street declare peace, and decide to rescue Stewie. This episode was so funny. One of the best of the season.You should really consider watching it.....
  • One of my favorites!

The episode Love Thy Trophy is in my opinion a wonerful episode of Family Guy! The overall storyline was fantastic! And Stewie was absolutely hilarious in this episode. So was Peter. And Rod Serling was in the episode! That made it ten times better for me! (Rod Serling is my hero!) I liked the ending when it showed that Brian had the trophy the whole time. Rather predictable, but still good. I loved it when Stewie said, "I am absolutely coo coo for crack!" That's my new catchphrase! Anyways, I love this episode and I think it is a fine example of why Family Guy is so awesome!
  • Loved how stewie begged for pancakes.

When Meg got a job at the pancake house, all Stewie wanted with pancakes. Meg pretended to be a tenage mother so Stewie ended up being atobted by faster parents. At the same time Peter and the neighbors were fighting over who should keep the trophy in which they all won at the parade. When Brian talked to them they decided to work as a team to rescue Stewie. This episodes was one of the funnier epsiodes of family guy.
  • This is a sweet episode.

This episode is really funny. Stewie goes to a foster home.

The Griffins, Swanson's, Brown's and Quagmire make a float for a parade. There float is so good, they win a trophy. They can't decide who gets to keep the trophy, so they put it on top of there float in the middle of the street. The next morning, it's gone. They start arguing about who took it. No one will admit to taking it so they start fighting. Meanwhile Meg tries to get a job as a waitress. It's at a pancake house. She has Stewie with her when she applies for the job. The owner says that they can't let a teenage mother live on the street so she gets the job. She tells everyone there that she's a teenage mother and everyone gives her a big tip. One person she served works for child services. She goes and talks to the Griffins neighbours. They all say that the Griffins are mean. That's all the proof she needs to take Stewie away. She puts Stewie in a foster home. Meg buys an $1100 handbag. Meg tells Lois and Peter that she's the one that got Stewie talken away. They try sneaking into the foster home to steal him back, but they get caught. Then the owner of the foster home notice Meg's handbag. They agree to give Stewie back if they get to keep Meg's handbag. Meg let's them have it and everything is back to normal.

I give this episode a 9.3 out of 10.
  • Good episode!

The neighbors finally win a trophy thanks to the thingy of the carnival and they finally win a trophy, they finally decided to put in the center of all the houses, but when it disappears all the neighbors decided to put against each other as they think that each other is not their friend anymore, well I think that this episode was really cool is one of the best episodes that I have ever watched and I think that this episode is one of the best episodes of Season 2!
  • I want pancakes!

Both plots were outrageously hilarious in this episode with the neighbours' paranoia of each other over a clam shaped trophy won in a parade that whose theme wasn't "women I gave the clap to" and Stewie's addiction to pancakes aswell as Meg being the supposed "unwed teenaged mother" of the crack addicted, dog food-eating baby.

There are too many hilarious scenes in this episode to list them all but if I had to pick three, they would be:

1. Stewie turning the adopted babies of different cultures against each other

2. Quagmire's closet full of Lois pictures

3. Brian being responsible for the whole thing

Overall, this episode is one of my favourites.
  • Rod Serling(not the real Rod Serling) shows up in this familiar episode that alludes to the Twilight Zone. We also get the famous phrase, "Flappy, I've got good news! I've decided not to kill you.!" Many other good quotes derived from Stewie are found

This is one of the reasons I watch Family Guy. It doesn't let up on allusions of popular culture. We go from Who's the Boss to Twilight Zone. This episode is so filled with references that almost any generation should be able to find something funny. Frankly, all episodes of Family Guy should be this funny. Peter takes Meg's purse and starts roughing up the purse,"Did you touch my daughter?!" Slapstick at the spur of the moment along with a stupid guy usually works. Most of the time, it works with Peter. "Peter...Quagmire...Clevland...Peter...Joe...Lois...Bonnie...Quagmire...Joe...Lois...Clevland...ahem...Loretta." Need I say more? Hopefully this will be the episode that everyone of all ages can enjoy...with discretion...nah.
CW