Family Guy

Mr. and Mrs. Stewie

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Apr 29, 2012 on FOX

• I've had mixed feelings about this one but it turned out to be better than I expected

Stewie becomes smitten when he meets a girl who happens to be the female version of himself. Meanwhile, Peter and Quagmire take their friendship to a new level. I thought that this was great episode of "Family Guy". It's pretty good and I really like it. I've actually had mixed feelings about this one but it turned out to be better than I expected. Only reason I had mixed feelings about this one was because of the idea of Peter and Quagmire actually sleeping together. When I heard about that, I was like WTH?... you're kidding me, right Seth MacFarlane?. I watched this episode with worries but the main plot of the episode was actually just Stewie meeting his female version named Penelope and falling in love with her. Peter and Quagmire sleeping together was just a subplot and they didn't show too much of that which I'm glad that they didn't show a lot of it. I'm just glad that Peter and Quagmire didn't do something like make-out with each other in bed and all of that THEN that would be a total nightmare for me and make me dislike Seth MacFarlane. The subplot was awkward and kinda unwatchable but it wasn't as awkward as I thought it would be.. it still is but yeah, you pretty know what I mean. Though, Peter taking off Quagmire's short... okay, that was very UM gay right there and probably the most awkward and weird part. So yeah, I guess I can say the subplot lowered my score just a little. The main plot was perfect, no problems with that one. Also, Cate Blanchett did a fantastic job voicing as Penelope (a female version of Stewie). She is a pretty good movie actress so when I heard she was gonna guest star in this episode, I was actually a little surprised but she did a splendid job though, no doubt about it. The parts that made me laugh are some of the cutaways (they're forgettable so I that's why I can't think of one cutaway at this moment), Consuela's cameo appearance, Peter waking up and then getting out of bed with us seeing Lois getting squished, the ending of the subplot with Quagmire being squished into Peter's back when Lois agreed to sleep with Peter again, the very last scene of the episode with Meg about to say a line and then it blacks out (though, it did seem kinda mean to Meg but it was pretty unexpected for the episode to end like that), and about a few more parts. Stewie and Penelope's fight in the last couple of minutes of the episode was also awesome and action-packed to watch. I also loved the fact that Stewie is his evil genius self like he was in the older seasons even though he pretty much gave up on world domination. I also loved the mentioning of this episode about Stewie not planning world domination or killing Lois for a very long time and all that. It was good to see that Penelope agreed to not kill Brian as well. Overall, a great episode of "Family Guy"... the awkwardness of the subplot lowered my score a little though because if it was twice as more awkward than it was here than my lower would sure as heck lower much more but I'm just glad the subplot didn't affect the episode score that much. 8.5/10