Family Guy

Mr. Saturday Knight

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Sep 05, 2001 on FOX

• Family Guy is starting to go down hill with 2 tame episodes in a row.

This episode may be easy enough to view once but no more than that. Its not the worst episode but it is clearly not the best by a long shot.
  • A not that much humor episode

Peter's boss comes to dinner at the Griffin house but soon dies. The Happy-Go-Lucky Toy Factory is turned into the Happy-Go-Lucky Terminal Disease Institute. Unemployed, Peter begins his search for a job and ends up going after his lifelong dream of becoming a knight at a traveling Renaissance Fair. Caught in a compromising position with the infamous Black Knight's wench, he must defend his family's honor in an duel with the Black Knight. I thought tis was a good episode. For FG 1999-2002 standards, this episode didn't made me laugh that much. In my opinion, I got a little bored watching it. There were a few flaws here. The song that the kids sang took forever so everything I see this episode, I just skip that scene for like a minute and a half. Also, this episode saw the last appearance of Mr. Weed. I thought he was a funny character. And I think there is a couple more problems but now I'm moving on with the humor. I laughed at the the begining, Electric Company cutaway, Death's dog, Mort's appearance throughout the episode, and Bruce's appearance. Overall, a good but weak episode. 7/10
  • Didn't like it that much for two reasons

3.5

What I liked:

-Electric Company

-Peter not being able to control the volume of his voice

-Bruce and his fatass

What I didnt like-

Death of Mr. Weed

The jousting thing

3.5/10

• good

Peter's boss, Mr. Weed, comes to dinner and is impressed so much he promotes Peter, but he soon dies from choking. Peter is sad but happy about his new promotion, until a video will reveals that the toy company is to be demolished. Now Peter needs to find a new job. Will he be able to find one that sticks?

Good episode. Parts I found funny; Peter as a prostitute, the cutaway involving the guy cleaning the vacuum, the "clink" noises, the ending of the episode… it was a funny episode. My only main beef is how Peter beat the Dark Knight. Mort towing his car because "Nobody makes a fool out of Mort Goldman!" Um… Mort, the Dark Knight didn't make a fool of you; you did, by running away on your horse when you were going to duel him. So, you towing his car is totally unjustified. This wouldn't bother me so much if it wasn't why Peter beat the Dark Knight, but he beat the Dark Knight because he was distracted because Mort (stupidly) towed his car as payback for "making a fool out of him", which the Dark Knight did not do. Overall though this was a good episode, this thing in the plot though is kind of a stupid loophole or whatever the right word is. B
  • Death of Mr, weed

When Peter's boss Mr. Weed comes to dinner at his house, he dies. The toy factory closes down, and Peter is out of a job. He applies for a job at the rennesance fair, and sees that the black knight, who saved his life works there. The knight kicks Peter out, but at the day of the joust, Peter jousts him and wins.

This was a pretty good episode. I liked seeing the kids singing, and Mort was really funny too. I also liked Bruce's random apperance, and Death's dog, who was also funny too. Overall Grade: 85%/ B+

Fenway98, out
  • Good concept, and this was an interesting episode!

I found this episode to be quite funny and enjoyable, but I still prefer some of the last few episodes over this one.

I liked the concept of Peter trying to be a knight, but I was sort of disappointed that his former boss had to be killed off.

There were loads of funny scenes, and that was perhaps the best part of this episode, but I think that once again, it wasn't up to the standard of the last one, or a couple before that.

I would recommend this, because it was quite funny, but I wouldn't recommend this episode as highly as the last few.
  • Started strong and faltered towards the end.

Although sometimes it gets a little annoying that Family Guy uses so much pop culture references that sometimes you don't know what they're alluding to, at least most of the ones used here are universal, such as The Electric Company, which brings back a couple memories, and Margot Kidder's infamous bipolar disorder. Though most importantly unlike the later episodes, this episode doesn't really rely on pop culture references as much and contains a couple of original gags and jokes of its own, most notably when Morte was trying to imitate the sound of his boner hitting his armour, and Peter's lance getting stuck to Meg's earring, which I found disturbingly hilarious. Overall a pretty good episode.
  • Don't call him a fizzle....

Well, isn't this Peter Griffin's luck: he invites his boss at the Happy-Go-Lucky Toy Factory over for dinner, impresses him, and then his boss dies, paving the way for Peter to lose his job as the factory is torn down. But as life hands him a lemon, Peter, with the help of Lois, makes lemonade. After some failed attempts to get a new job, Peter decides to follow his dream of being a Renaissance Faire jouster!

"Mr. Saturday Knight" is a good Family Guy episode and one of the better episodes of season three. The makers of Family Guy really have fun with the Renaissance Faire slant of the story and this episode also starts the season three arc of Peter getting a different job. Plus, it begins the Family Guy career of one of the funnier reoccurring characters:

Tom Tucker: And now here's Ollie Williams with the BlaccuWeather forecast. Ollie?
    Ollie Williams: It's gon rain!
  • Season 3, Episode 9.

Peter's boss comes to dinner at the Griffin house but soon dies. The Happy-Go-Lucky Toy Factory is turned into the Happy-Go-Lucky Terminal Disease Institute. Unemployed, Peter begins his search for a job and ends up going after his lifelong dream of becoming a knight at a traveling Renaissance Fair. Caught in a compromising position with the infamous Black Knight's wench, he must defend his family's honor in an duel with the Black Knight. I really enjoyed the crazy woman that forgot her purse in the Griffin home, and when Peter's boss died. Haha, definitely a very entertaining episode. I'd give it a 9.5/10.
  • This episode was just funny as...

This episode was a good one, especially on Peter's persective. He's decided to become a knight and face the reality of his dream come true. This was all an excellent story, such as when the Knight threatened Peter to never be seen by him again or else Peter would be killed.

FYI - The fight scene against Peter and the Knight was epic, especially since the Knight was disracted when Mort towed away his vehicle, lol which was payback for Mort getting humiliated like Peter in front of the Knight's.

Also, the scene of that damned Superwoman was crazy, she basically went hypo and crashed up all of the table into pieces, ran out the window (smashing the glass on the way), and then taking off screaming. She did again, just after the poor guy's death from choking on Brian's food. This is another criticised episode from reviewers and in which: I completely disagree -- This was a classic Season 3 episode. Okay, there are way better episodes but this was impressive/great - In my opinion.

I've enjoyed every Season 3 episode so far in some respects, and I can't wait for more!

Go Peter, "Sir, Yes Sir!"
  • This episode wasn't that bad, but it wasn't that good or special either.

Mr Saturday Knight is a rather... interesting episode for Family Guy. Peter winds up accidentally killing his boss, and the company he works for gets demolished, so he's unemployed. Now desperate, he does everything he can to get a job, any job to be specific. Lois convinces him to fulfill a dream he's always wanted to complete, so he joins to be in the Renaissance fair in Quahog. The Black Knight, the best in the fair, banishes Peter after an incident with the Knights girl, so Peter must get his pride back.

This episode's jokes weren't as hilaious as usual, and it's basically a filler. It was good, but not very special. 8.6. Nice try though, Family Guy has a ton more episodes out there!
  • Just a filler episode plot.

Peter's boss comes to dinner at the Griffin house but soon dies. The Happy-Go-Lucky Toy Factory is turned into the Happy-Go-Lucky Terminal Disease Institute. Unemployed, Peter begins his search for a job and ends up going after his lifelong dream of becoming a knight at a traveling Renaissance Fair. Caught in a compromising position with the infamous Black Knight's wench, he must defend his family's honor in an duel with the Black Knight. Just a very stupid plot if you ask me. To me this plot had nothing to do with anything, and this was a filler episode. This episode gets an 80 C+
  • It was okay! It would have been dire, if it weren't for some brilliant Stewie moments.

The story for this episode was a little weak I thought. The black knight plot was quite tiresome after about two minutes. Luckily it didn't appear until midway through.
    But a special mention has to go to little Stewie Griffin, the best talking baby on television (besides Kathy Griffin), his comedic moments were right on the mark, especially when he offered Peter a "sooda", and his comment to Meg when he saw Peter dressed as a prostitute; "It's eerie, isn't it? It's like looking into the future," was brilliantly executed.
    But, on the whole, this episode was a middler for me (an episode which is okay), but not one that can stand out among the best that Family Guy has to offer.
  • Black Night V Peter Griffin - I bet you didn't know I scalped tickets to that duel. There's a peice of trivia for you.

6.3
    Average. That's all I've got to say, well it would be if the reveiws could be that long but they can't be so now I must say that I think this was just a way to set up Peter getting a new job which was fisherman. And also just another way to get their big episode order filled. I do not enjoy watching very few Family Guy episodes from the first three seasons and this is sadly one of them. This episode could have been better, and it had a few good jokes but for me it just didn't do too much on the laughter scale.
  • 'Wouldst thou take a gander under my frock?'

After Mr Weed chokes to death in a bizarre accident at Peter's house, the toy factory is demolished and Peter is out of a job. After trying some other jobs unsuccessfully (including restroom attendant and hooker), he decides to fulfil his dream and become a jouster for the Quahog Renaissance Fair, a job that puts him up against the legendary Black Knight (voiced by Will Ferrell). This episode is a lot of fun. Highlights include the great cameo by Death and his dog (voiced by Adam Carolla and Jimmy Kimmel) as Peter tries to get rid of Mr Weed's body by flushing it down the toilet; Stewie at the graveside deciding which of the girls he'd 'do'; the entire scene where Peter tries being a hooker- which gets bonus points for actually getting the term 'Cleveland Steamer' accepted when a less obscene term was turned down (if you wanna know what it is, just look on Wikipedia). There's another great voice performance by R. Lee Ermey as the Renaissance Fair drill instructor ('the concept of a geocentric universe gets you sexually excited, doesn't it?!' and a brilliant scene between the Black Knight's trophy wench Maid Madeleine and Peter where she invites him to take a gander under her frock... All in all, a supremely silly but enjoyable episode.
  • Pretty boring for Family Guy.

6.2
    The early parts of this episode are the best, when Peter\'s boss comes over. The scene with the allusion to the Sound of Music, where Stewie, Meg, and Chris sing, is very cute. However, the scenes at the Renaissance fair and the jousting are pretty dull. All in all, this episode bored me. One of the highlights was the allusion to the game show Match Game, which was very funny. The rest of the episode could have used work, however. I probably wouldn\'t watch it again if it was on. It just wasn\'t one of the better episodes in the series.
  • Great Episode that includes Will Farrell. Definatly a great episode.

This episode is a prime example of hilarity. Some of my favorite scenes are when Peter's jousting stick catches on Meg's ear ring, or all the scenes with Mort Goldman like "One time I was addicted to anti-hestimines I took so many I thought I was Mr. Peanut." Or when Magot Kidder goes insane reaking destruction on the Griffin house hold. Plus the black night scenes were solid and funny a suggestion for me would make another episode with the black knight in it, here's one the black knight get's dumped by his girlfriend and moves in the Griffin house and finds Lois attractive and tries persistently to have sexual relations with her it may not be a great episode but I think it would pass for a good show.
  • Hey, I might be deaf but I have feelings! Oh, uh… I mean, what?

Mr Weed’s death, Stewie seeing Meg as a drag queen/hooker in her future, Peter’s temp jobs, the Black Knight… all of these were brilliantly written into this episode.

I also enjoyed scenes such as the Fizzle speech, Stewie’s cereal fort and Peter taking the term “gander up my frock” literally.

Other than these, the episode wasn’t really good though it does mark a pivotal moment in Family Guy history: Mr Weed’s death, thus ending Peter’s job.

If you were to miss this episode, it would be no loss but it is important to the show as it is one of the few continuities that continue for seasons.
  • Peter's boss is killed by a dinner accident and gets a job of what he wanted to be... a knight. But due to women problems, the Black Knight bans him.

I really loved this episode. I liked the Eletric company part "P-it Pit Yeah I knew that" Nice to see Death back but nicer to see his dog. There wasn't 5-15 minutes without me laughing. Seth and the gang did a really good job, Stewie was funny as well. Auf Wedeisen!