Family Guy

Perfect Castaway

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Sep 18, 2005 on FOX

• Really funny!

This episode was really funny, especially with the drinking game and then the scenes stranded on the island. Peter eating JHoe's legs was so funny and one of the best moments! Joe's reaction was epic too!

So many great laughs and a great storyline to this episode! I really loved it and I can't wait to see more!
  • Not great but not bad

The only problem is the slow-pacing but its still worth watching
  • Peter and the guys get caught in a storm then Lois is now married to Brian

When Peter and the guys decide to go fishing, they end up caught in a storm. Stranded on a desert island, their families fear the worst. Rescued by a cruise ship months later, Peter suprises Lois at home, where he finds out that she has a new husband. Eeeh, the episode could have done better. It was never my cup of tea not even I saw it for the first time. I think the plot would have been better if Lois didn't marry Brian because Peter was gone for days (forgot how long he was gone). Let me be honest, Brian's relationship with Lois...meh. Only because he had an obession with her...so yeah Brian's friendship with Peter is damn better than Lois. Enough said. So yes, the second half was just boring expect Stewie seeing Peter and Lois making out (and Mayor West's cameo) and a couple more. However, the first half was pretty enjoyable and funny, although there's still a couple boring episode. Overall, not a worth watching episode again. 7/10
  • superb

what i liked- peter eating joe's legs and joe's reaction, peter making lois stand on that thing he made, and then it falls over and he calls her a drunk, the guys trying to have an orgy, stewie's "real world" tape, lois remaining faithful to brian, brian breaking up with lois because he knows she wants to be with peter, the ending with everyone laughing at Brian who is going into the basement, etc.

good episode. it gets a little boring in some parts, but overall it was a pretty enjoyable outing. final grade is going to be a B- or so, i think is fair for this installment.

• Brian was very annoying in this episode.

2.5

I liked the first part of the episode until Peter came home, Brian was kind of irritating in this episode though.

Overall, horrible episode

2.5/10

• The first half was hilarious and then the second half just kind of dragged a little

I thought that this was a great episode of "Family Guy". I thought the first half of this episode was hilarious while the second half of the episode just kind of dragged a little. I thought the "Gilmore Girls" television show in the beginning of the episode was very funny. The cutaway with Peter being on that game show and then he got the answer wrong was funny. I thought it was hilarious when Peter, Joe, Quagmire, and Cleveland were stranded in the middle of the ocean and then Peter eats Joe's legs and Joe freaks out. It was very funny when Peter, Joe, Quagmire, and Cleveland were naked and had to be on top of each other and the ship passes by and says "And if you look to your left, you see four homosexuals". That was the first half of the episode but then the second half is where this episode just started to drag just a little. Peter coming home and finding out that Lois married Brian was kind of weak for my taste. I laughed so hard in the second half when Stewie was screaming after he sees Peter and Lois making love in the living room and then Mayor West can hear Stewie screaming and he thinks that it is a screaming contest and then Mayor West is screaming and says "I'm winning". Brian finding out that Lois and Peter were making love was also getting a drag in the story to me. It was also funny when Brian is telling Lois that things aren't working out and then you can hear Stewie make comments like "Oh my god!!! Really? (sarcasm)", "You just got served b**ch" (something close to that), and "Aw, that's kind of nice". The ending also felt kind of rushed. Overall, a great episode of "Family Guy" but the first half of the episode was where I was laughing very hard. 8/10
  • Peter is sending out an S.O.S. ....

Peter, in a desperate attempt to provide monetarily for his family, takes his fishing ship - along with Cleveland, Joe, and Quagmire - out to dangerous waters where there is rumored to be lots and lots of fish. Unfortunately, a hurricane sweeps the four of them to a remote island - where they are marooned for months. When Peter finally gets back to his family, he is shocked at what has changed: thinking Peter was dead, Lois got remarried - to Brian!

"Perfect Cast Away" is one of the better episodes of Family Guy - one of those episodes that has at least one clever quip thrown into each scene. I mean, come on, Lois is now married to Brian? Talk about a bizarre Family Guy twist! Then, of course, there is the sound effect of Peter having sex which makes the entire episode all by itself.
  • Name 3 Castaways: 1. Jack Shepard 2. Gilligan 3. Family Guy (After this episode)

Peter, Joe, Cleveland, & Quagmire are left stranded on an island after a hurricane while on a deep sea fishing trip. Brian then decides to take Peter's place as the man of the house and even marries Lois once he's wrongfully pronounced dead. Upon his return Peter is informed that even though he is back Lois isn't leaving Brian. So now Peter attempts to win her back.

Lost, Castaway, The Simpsons, Gilligan's Island. We can't get enough of watching people get stuck on islands and you'd think with this great concept being used on a witty show like Family Guy would make for an extraordinary episode to wow the fans; not so much.

While it's execution is alright you only actually see them on the island for about two minutes at the most and any attempts at humour and drama before and after that sequence just aren't that good.

The gags are uneven at best; they do justice to the offensiveness and randomness of the show but it's very evident when the writers have a joke in their heads and use the poorest explanation possible to include it into the episode.

The animation is at it's zaniest with some nice water effects as their sailing around and the audio is on - par with how it usually is but when things get more serious; most of the voice actors show a lack of range.

The Perfect Castaway is a missed oppotunity with the so - so jokes and hackneyed story but it's definitely not the worst Family Guy episode.
  • sorta cool

not enough to be funny. need more words. uhm... how about plot line could have used some help, some consistency, some power in the jokes, some better writing, all that stuff... still need 100 words, blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah
  • One of the few episodes from the first half of this season that I can truthfully say is exactly why I watch this series.

To get food to feed his family, Peter Griffin goes in search of fish at Pelican's Reef at the suggestion of salty Seamus, with Glen Quagmire, Joe Swanson, and Cleveland Brown tagging along for the free beer.

They find the reef, but unbeknownst to them a hurricane has been approaching them and their fishing boat is sunk by a rogue wave in a scene resembling the Perfect Storm movie just after Death arrived.

They survive by floating adrift on a raft built out of Quagmire's sex dolls. Unfortunately, they have no food, so Peter eats the legs of Joe, a paraplegic, from the knees on down. They manage to find a deserted island to set ashore on.

After being presumed lost at sea, a memorial service is held for the sailors with Mayor Adam West "stabbing the cruel, unforgiving sea" with a knife. Brian marries Lois to support the family, working as a salesman at a Hummer dealership. However, he and Lois sleep in separate beds, much to Brian's frustration.
  • Family Guy stooped to a new level.

3.9
    Pathetic, truely pathetic, this episode is without a doubt the worst I've seen in my life and I've seen all but one, I couldn't beleive the reviews I saw for this, It was barely funny, although I laughed at times I did not laugh the way I normally do with FG episodes, even the new episodes. The only parts I liked in the episode was: Peter eating Joe's legs and Brian marrying Lois, I'm sorry but that's all the good I think came out of this episode.

I hope no more are made like this. - an opinionated captaindillo .
  • An absolute Family Guy classic

This is without a doubt one of the funniest episodes of Family Guy i have ever watched. The story is a rip-off of the film Castaway, with Peter, Quagmire, Cleveland and Joe being shipwrecked on a desert island because of a hurricane. The episode has several highlights, with the best part being where Peter reminisces of his fart-off with Michael Moore in the toilet. That part had me rolling around on the floor in tears because i was laughing so hard. Also, Peter eats Joes legs, and Lois marries Brian while Peter is missing, all adding up to make this a classic episode.
  • One of FG series 4's best episodes!

After Peter, Joe and Glenn Quagmire set outy to fish a tidal wave hits them. They end up on a deserted island with onthing to do. Apart from having an orgi of course! A cruise boat sees them and brings them back to Quahog. When Peter arrives back home he finds that Lois is married to Brian. Near the end of the episodePeter get's back with Lois and Brian is left to, well do nothing. Tune in, it is well worth watching and is much better than i make it sound. Well worth watching. Watch it or be square!!! Now!
  • Yet another outstanding episode!

This is one of my personal favourites. An episode of this caliber should be shown on big screens in every major city around the world on a regular basis.

Bits such as the Peter vs M Moor farting contest were some of the funniest comedy sketches I have ever seen, aswell as the gay orgy and infaltable sex doll raft.

As with all family guy episodes, this doesn't really have any effect on the development of the characters or the underlying story (apart from Peter having to give up his Portugese helpers). But that is why we love this show - just a random assortment pointless gags.

Top stuff.
  • peter and his pals get stuck on an island after a bad fishing trip. when thay are rescued peter discovers that lois has married brian and has an affair with peter after a while brian breaks up with lois and things are back to normal

great episode especially with the out farting michael moore
    probably my favourite episode
    i recomend this to anyone who likes cartoons or comedy for that matter!
    things to look out for:
    peter calling seagulls penguins
    peter trying to put his portugese workers to sleep
    peter making a widow walk for lois
    peter telling meg that if she gets intimate with a man use a bin bag
    stewie finding lois and peter doing it and screaming
    adam west having a screaming test with stewie
    adam west stabbing the sea in revenge
    peter eating joes legs
    chris's admireer the old man getting an ice cream truck
    and the cruise line captain calling peter and the others fanny bashers in spanish
  • A good example of Family Guy, but not quite the best of Season 4.

In this episode, Peter, Quagmire, Joe and Cleveland go out fishing to a notorious reef as a hurricane is approaching. Death arrives and they look certanties to die by being swept away by a tidal wave until Quagmires blow up sex dolls save them. They wash up onto an island, where Peter decides they should have an orgy. They get spotted by a cruise ship and get taken to shore. When Peter returns home he sees Lois has married Brian. Lois ultimately can't resist Peter's advances (how she can be attracted to that big fat boob I don't know (maybe the stories about fat sex are true? I'm going to KFC after this)) but she doesn't want to divorce Brian as she feels bad about doing so after all he's done for the family why Peter was thought dead.
    However, when she and Peter sneak away to a motel, Brian (who received a tip-off from Stewie) followed them and was about to catch them when he heard Lois saying she hates doing this to Brian after all he's done for the family.
    Brian agrees to give up his claim on Lois, after which she tells him she would have had sex (finally!) with him.
    He goes and starts wanking in the basement.
    A long and complex (in some parts too complex) plot that wasn't overloaded with flashbacks and cutaways like some recent episodes, but there have been better and funnier episodes this season.
    Overall, a very good episode overshadowed by a lot of great episodes.
  • After being shipwrecked on a desert island for a while,Peter returns home to find out Lois married someone else~Brian!Eventualy though,Peter gets his own paws on his wife.

This episode involves,Peter,Quagmire,Joe and Cleveland are in a boat fishing when a tsunami hits them and they end up on a island.
    After a few months on the island Peter and his friends make it home.
    But Peter goes home he finds out Lois is married to brian.
    So he thinks up a plan to get back his wife.
  • This is one of the best episodes of this season.

Peter who gets stranded and then lois marries brian.
    Adam west appeares twice and as usuall his gags are funny and make you waant to watch them over and over again.
    This episode has to be one of the best so far this season and is certainly better than peters got woods which for me could have been alot better.
  • A good take off of Castaway.

When I first heard of this episode I didn't expect much because of it being a take off of Castaway...Even though there was an episode in season 3 which had a joke refference to Castaway I did find this to be quite an enjoyible episode. The jokes were quite funny and the story actually worked rather well. Well I guess the take off of Willy Wonker in season 2 worked very well. Also the plot point where Brian is married to Lois to support the family tied in rather well because of how we already know Brian is in love with Lois and he is heart broken when he finds out that Lois and Peter are "Bumping Ugles".....all in all it wasin't one of my all time favs but it was a episode that came together rather well.
  • This is just like that sitcom with two dads. Except nobody’s laughing. No, wait, it’s the same!

This is one of the good episodes with a few bad scenes which does make it a good watch. There are some wonderful scenes such as the conversations between the gang like “midget or blind” then Peter suggesting “black or crippled” and the game where you drink if you’ve done the thing that another says he hasn’t, Quagmire close to alcohol poisoning by the end.

The “orgy” and Peter eating Joe’s legs weren’t as good but I have to admit were a little funny.

Lois remarrying Brian was kind of a strange decision but does have great laughs like Brian and the ball and Lois going to give herself to Brian the day after, had they not divorced.

Overall, the episode is entertaining but there are a few unfunny scenes such as the motel room.
  • Not a bad episode

This episode of Family Guy was, sadly, one of the best of the fourth season, which so far hasn't been nearly as funny as previous seasons. It did contain some funny moments, but it felt somewhat filler, a tad unoriginal, mainly the Stewie moments with the dancing and singing, and maybe a bit out of character for everyone. A few jokes did, however, catch me by suprise and make me laugh, which did make the episode enjoyable, but not nearly the calibur viewers have come to expect from the show. Overall, was it enjoyable? Yes. Was it great? Not really.
  • It was okay.

Plot:Peter and his friends go to Pelican's Reef in order to catch a lot of fish, but a hurricane leaves them stranded on some island.Peter and his friends make it home, but Peter discovers that Lois has remarried to Brian.
    This was an okay episode. I liked the "I Never" drinking game that Peter and his friends had, as well as the "Gilmore Girls" parody. Other things I liked were Peter's "Christmas Album", Brian saying "What do you think?!" whenever someone asked him what he'd be doing in the basement, and Stewie's comments when Lois and Brian were breaking up.
    What I didn't like:
    1.The Vaudeville guy that appeared.
    2.Peter and his friends' "0rgy" on that island. 3.That pirate with the peg legs and arms that just talked to fill time.
    4. The whole "Lois marries Brian" thing. I found that creepy.
    5. That part with Stewie trying to get on MTV using that tape.
    I'll admit this is not one of my favorite episodes, but it had its moments. I hated the plot, the jokes were okay, the flashbacks were okay, and the rest was okay.
    So, 8/10.
    ~Pharaoh2.
  • One of the funniest episodes of family guy.

It is a very entertaining episode because of how random everything is. Peter sails with his friends; Joe, Clevlend, and Quagmire out in the sea to catch fish. They end up getting stranded on a island and it is quite funny what happens there. Meanwile at home, Louis gets married to Brian because she thinks Peter is dead. When Peter ends up getting back home he finds out what happens and tries to get Louis back.
  • Didn't make much sense, but I had a laugh

The whole story line of this storyline is pretty far-fetched (even by Family Guy's standards!) But there were many jokes thoughout that kept me entertained.

The "I never" game where only Quagmire was drinking was a classic. Another great part was Michael Moore and Peter making "sweet music" from their farts.

But when it got to the point where Lois and Brian were together I thought that this was just plain wrong!
  • No She Didn't!!!!!!

Ok , Ok , Ok This was a good episode.
    This episode had a lot of laugh-out loud sequences , like when Peter tries to out-fart micheal Moore at a restroom , that christmas album , Lois falls down Peter's builted balcany (but in real life Lois would of have a serious spine injury or would of broken her neck) , and much more!!! What kind of bothered me is when Peter was thought to be dead at sea with his friends but was lost at sea , but then months later he finds out that Brain married Lois and took over the Griffin household. That was ok but could of done better. What really disturb my nerves is when at the end of the episode were Lois and Brian breaks up , Lois said to Brian if they didn't broken up that night they would finally have S-E-X?! Ok like Peter said "Hello , Hi , His a Dog?!
  • The Plot Was A Bit OOC

This episode, much like the one that followed it, was really a bit of a filler episode. I think that sometimes shows get too far ahead of themselves and every know and then they have to get back in touch with their roots. This is one of those times. Family Guy is an awesme show, and I know it still is, but really, they need to remember where they came from. First they bring back the greased up deaf guy, which wasn't that funny, now they have Brian marry Lois. I think Family Guy just need to bring back a plot more like the infamous older ones.
  • Not As Good As Usual

I didn't think this episode was as good as it could have been. Probably my least favourite episode, I just didn't find it that funny, and it was kind of boring. The plot was good enough but the whole Lois marrying Brian was just too silly, even for this show!
  • I dont see how anybody could think this episode wasnt funny. Cant complain about the plot because Family Guy plots are so random and that's what makes the show funny. An episode starts out about one thing and ends up about something totally different.

But back to episode. It was a classic. The perverted old man was brought back in this episode and I loved the whole ice cream truck thing. And when Peter outfarted Micheal Moore that was so FUNNY! Also Peter's Christmas album was great. Just listen to these clips and you'll see what I mean.

• It's an alright episode but John Viener [the writer] could have done better.

6.7
    There should have been more plot to Peter being shpiwrecked and the fact that he ate Joe's legs and that orgy he performed went WAY TOO FAR. If that wasn't bad, Lois married Brian, yeah we know, he had a crush on her and such [up to the point that he wears her clothes]. But as Peter pointed out "Hi, how you're doing, HE'S A DOG!" I also agree with anyone who says that Brian has become a loser in this season, especially here where Lois cheats around with Peter as he's working. The episode does have some great moments like the Dueling Banjos in the Bathroom bit, Lois falling down from the roof, Peter driving the DeLorean to the wall [the best part!], and Adam West challenging Stewie to a yell contest. There's some great moments here and there as I pointed out, but this episode is flawed to the bone.
  • Peaked too early.

7.2
    This episode was utterly hilarious. Some of the jokes were the funniest in the series, but it peaked too early. The best joke was within the first 5 minutes of the show, and the rest of the jokes from there on were comparatively mediocre. The story was pretty good, and it seemed to me to loosely parallel The Odyssey. In my opinion, I think it would have been better if they reversed some of it, or even made it like the Seinfeld episode that tells the story backwards. The part with the drinking game was one of the funniest things I have ever seen in my life, and it would have done better to be at the end of the show. Overall, not the best episode, but the drinking game was almost definately one of the best bits in the series.
< 1 2