Family Guy

Petergeist

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM May 07, 2006 on FOX

• Peter discovered an Indian chief's skull

Peter wants to top Joe, who just built a new home theater system, so he starts to build a multiplex in his backyard. In doing so, he discovers an Indian burial ground. He finds an Indian chief's skull and the Griffin house becomes haunted. Stewie gets sucked into the television and strange events follow as they try to get Stewie back from the poltergeist. This is really not the greatest episode I had been. The episode seems very overrated and I don't get it. Sure, it does has its moments but half of it was boring. I laughed at few parts like Peter trying to make a better tradition, Peter messing with the skull, Mayor West's cameo when he wanted a one way, Stewie telling Brian he met Chinese Jesus, and the funniest part in the episode had the one where Peter ripped off his skin and Hank Hill (from KOTH) appeared. Overall, a decent episode, but it was mainly dragged. 7/10
  • A great episode.

the episode was funny until Carrot top came along

8/10

• The Griffin home is haunted after Peter found an Indian chief's skull in the Indian burial ground of their backyard. Also, Stewie gets sucked in the television

I thought that this was a funny, brilliant, and creative episode of "Family Guy". I loved every minute of this episode and the writers made the plot well executed which makes me very happy. It's always been a tradition for Peter and his friends to have movie night at the Griffin's home but Cleveland told Peter that they moved it to Joe's house because Joe installed a home theater system. Peter wanted to top Joe so Peter wants to get a home theater system as well until Peter went digging in the backyard and found an Indian chief's skull which was buried in their backyard of the Indian burial ground. Ever since Peter found the Indian chief's skull, the Griffin's house has been haunted. Peter's face peeling off and has Hank Hill's face from "King of the Hill" was very funny. Ronald McDonald's brief cameo appearance was funny. Stewie getting sucked into the television was also very funny. There were a few more funny parts as well. The Griffin family getting back their home after Peter buried the Indian chief's skull was good also. Overall, an excellent episode of "Family Guy". 10/10
  • superb

the griffin's house becomes haunted and stewie is sucked into the television. the family tries to get him out, and when they do, their house is destroyed. peter is the only one who can fix this. will the griffin's have their house back?

great episode! the only thing stopping it from a perfect score is the last act, which i found to be kind of boring. but the rest of the episode was pretty funny and had an interesting plot which made me want to see what was happening next. So, overall, my grade for this episode is an A-
  • An episode that had it all. Great comedy, a tiny bit of suspense and even tinier bit of Horror... What more could you ask for??

After Joe builds a home theatre system, Peter tries to build a multiplex in his backyard just out of spite. While digging, Peter finds the skull of a dead Native American buried in the backyard. This resembles the haunted skeleton seen in "Ready, Willing, and Disabled". Brian urges him to put the skull back, but Peter decides to use it as a novelty (peeing in it, playing with it, etc).

That night the Griffins start experiencing strange paranormal activity, such as Stewie talking to the TV static, the chairs and refrigerator being stacked upside down on the kitchen table, and Chris getting attacked by an evil tree before being saved by Herbert in the same fashion as Gandalf saves the rest of the Fellowship from the Balrog in The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring. Lois is in denial (and Peter is oblivious) of the events that are happening, until Stewie gets sucked into his closet and disappears. "You shall not pass!"To find Stewie, the Griffins hire a spiritual medium to contact the other side, and learn that the entrance to spirit world is Stewie's closet, while the exit is Meg's ass. After they eventually rescue Stewie, the spirits ravage the Griffin house and suck it into their world. As the Griffins drive off, Peter dumps the native American skull in a garbage can.

Now homeless, Peter and Lois try and find a way to get their house back, and learn the native American skull has to be put back in its resting place. After searching through the city dump, a garbage man tells them that the skull would be in the human remains bin, but it was cleaned out by Carrot Top for things to use as props. They go to Carrot Top's mansion and, after a chase through a hall of mirrors, they retrieve the skull and rebury it, thus getting back their house and life returning to normal.
  • Funny episode! Action, horror, nices jokes. A nice episode a the end of the season!

That night the Griffins start experiencing strange paranormal activity, such as Stewie talking to the TV static, the chairs and refrigerator being stacked upside down on the kitchen table, and Chris getting attacked by an evil tree before being saved by Herbert!
  • I love this episode.

This is really the episode that I love.This episode is the best episode of Family Guy ever made.I loved it when Stewie beats up Peter.That episode was like the best moment of the show and it was very funny.I loved it with that tv show.It was funny with two dudes with their pants on their faces and talking fast.This episode was one of the best episodes made by Family Guy and the best creators of this episode and show.It's still getting better and better and I loved everything about this episode.It's one of the best episodes of this funny show.
  • Well it's time for another Family Guy movie rip - off; this time it's Poltergeist

When Joe buys a new home theater system, Peter gets jealous and decides to build a multiplex movie theater in his back yard. But while doing so, he finds a human skull. It begins haunting the Griffin house, and Stewie gets sucked through a portal into the realm of the dead.

The plot starts off on a weird ground; we're meant to believe a paraplegic can build a mini movie cinema from scratch and after that the episode delves into the downright ridiculous and is always predictable.

It's not a question of whether the plot is good as it's all been done before; it's all up to the jokes to make this work and while some of it like the fight between Herbert (the old paedophile guy) and the monster tree is awesome; the Carrot Top Sequence and the clunky plot twist involving the disappearance of their house is just unnecessary. Everything that's been famous since the 80's is in this episode and while some of them are pretty funny; there something that feels lazy about an episode relying on cultural references.

The cultural references themselves are notably overflowing in this episode and while some of them are clearcut; for the most part i needed to consult the "Allusions" feature on the episode's overview. It's blatant when a chunk of the episode has been deleted either for time or cleanness reasons when whatever comes before it acts like a drum roll for the many deleted bits which leaves us hanging thinking "Isn't there supposed to be something funny there?"

The episode looks very, very good with the rich detail that can effectively capture the many funny, action - packed and spooky moments which the episode has in great amount and in an odd order. Aside from some so - so celebrity impressions; the sound is on top of its game with the family being voiced expertly and cinematic sound effects.

While this episode contains some beautiful artistic values and regularly funny gags it does contain many problematic aspects of the show.
  • The funniest half-hour of my life I've experienced in quite a long time! :lol: I kid you not! ;)

I simply Can Not believe the amount of humor that Seth Macfarlane packed into this episode! I mean seriously, he must have just been sitting around in his personal office thinking: "Is there any possible way I can fit about a million popular culture gags into a 30 minute episode? Let's see if it works!" And a good thing he did too, because before tonight, I had no idea just how much of the funny stuff "Family Guy" could pack into a single episode! But now that I know that they can pack That much funny stuff into a single episode, I'd have to say I'm well pleased! :) I mean, there's the whole "Poltergeist" parody plot, the whole Don Knotts humor bit, the "Ghostbuster's" reference, Ronald MacDonald, the part where Meg's butt becomes the exit point... :lol: ...sorry! I just can't stop myself from laughing! --of a portal for Stewie & Lois, all of the stupid stuff Peter Griffin does with the skull, the Fred Schneider B-52's bit, the Phil Collins semi-creepy song moment of "I Can Feel It Coming In the Air Tonight" performed with excellent gusto by Stewie, the awkward moments with Joe and Quagmire, the whole "Lord of the Rings" battle between Herbert and an evil tree, the "King of the Hill" bit, the whole Carrot Top comedy bit, and the funniest part of the episode when John Travolta awkwardly realizes his wife-to-be doesn't have Anything like what John Travolta has if you know what I mean! :D Funny, funny, funny! I mean, to be able to write up That much funny stuff and pack it into a single episode is nothing short of incredible! That's why I wrote this awesome review! :idea: Enough said, true believers! ;)
  • OK, Im On MTV's Jackass: Im Stewie Griffin and im going to be kickin my dad's ass all day today!

The Griffins kick off this episode at home movie night at Joe's. Peter gets jealous of Joe's new theater system, so decides to build his own in his back yard. He digs up an ancient Apache chief skull and his house gets cursed. Stewie leaves to a different world and he has to go through Meg' butt to get back, Lois goes in and gets him, but the Griffins can't find the skull. It turns out Carrottop took it and Peter finally gets it back. After a few last minutes of playing with the skull, Peter puts the skull back where it came from, their house comes back, and Herbert has tea and cookies with an evil tree.
  • It was Great

It was great I've seen the episode Petergeist and the movie Plotergeist and I loved them both I could watch this episode over and over again and still not get sick of it My favorite gag is when peter digs his face off and looks like Hank Hill from the show King of the hill and Peter says Heeeee Propane and when stewie pretends he is on MTV's Jackass and his name is Stew-o and beats up his dad while he is on the toilet it was one of my all time favorite episodes and Family Guy is one of my fovorite shows
  • Poltergiest take-off

This epsiode of "Family guy" is a take off on the 1982 film "Poltergiest." I saw that movie at a drive-in and I like this movie. In the episode in question, Peter found a skull of an old indian chief and strange things happens. Just like the events in the 1982 movie. If you have saw the 1982 movie, yoiu won't have trouble following the episode of "Family Guy." I had fun with the episode. I loove the scene where Peter torn his face off and becomes Hank Hill. things get weirder and funnier and I love this eposide. It gets an 8.0.
  • Peter builds a multiplex in his backyard and discovers an Indian burial ground. When he takes an Indian chief's skull, a poltergeist invades the Griffins' home.

Thick and appealing plot with a more adventure type episode, I have a thing about horror, dark stories stuff like Tim Burton, so to see something about the poltergeist ect was enjoyable. The Fast Talking High Trousers movie is first-class comedy. God lmao times 10. My Favourite Line of the episode is “ I wish that scary looking clown at the end of my bed would go away” lmao I have that on my msn . friggin Ronald McDonald clown hahaha.
  • Bloody brilliant!

This episode is fantastic! It is a copy of Petergeist but pulls it off well. Especialy the fight between Herbert the Pervert fighting the possesed tree. that bit was perfect in every single way! If you haven't seen this episode then buy the DVD and watch it! it's fantastic. Much better than most of the other season 4 episodes. watch it. Or if you don't have the DVD or don't want to buy it then go on youtube, it's worth your time. It's probably one of Family Guys better episodes. I highly recommend it so if you hyaven't already seen it then watch it!
  • That's how my old scoutmaster shakes hands!

It is refreshing to see that season 4 of Family Guy can still be funny, though this episode is very similar to the season 2 episode "If I'm dyin', I'm lyin' where the family is cursed because of Peter.

However, this episode is still one of the few episodes that is entertaining from this season's selection, though still has lame parts such as the guy performing the seance who wasn't funny and the portal going out Meg's butt.

The episode on a whole is still great though with hilarious moments involving Stewie and the TV, Lois' denial and Tom Tucker's news reports.
  • on of the best episiods

Cleveland informs the Griffins that the new movie night location is at Joe's house. They go and Peter becomes jealous of Joe's cinema. So he says that he is going to build a multiplex to show that "movie night at the Griffins" is better. As he is digging, Peter discovers an Indian skull, which he fools around with. A lot of bizarre things start happening around the house: Chris get attacked by a tree, Peter pulls the skin off of his face to turn into Hank from King of the Hill, and Stewie gets sucked into the TV. Louis and Peter use a "psychic" to find out that the only way for Stewie to get out is to come out of Meg's butt. Louis goes after Stewie and they both come out "the other end". Ghosts come out too and the family flees the house before it gets sucked up into a wormhole. As they leave, Peter throws the Indian skull into the trash. They find out that in order to get their home back, they must return all disturbed remains, so they find the skull in the home of "Carrot Top", a comedian. They get the skull and bury it in the back yard. The house is returned to them but as they are about to go back inside, it disappears again! They turn and find Peter poking the eyes of the skull. Louis yells at him, throws the skull into the hole, and the house reappears. They all go inside and the episode ends.
  • I only have 1 complaint

Well, it's not really a complaint, the whole episode is good, but i did notice the deliberate mistake, after the house was destroyed. When they're stood outside Quagmires to ask for a place to stay, they tell him their house has gone, but before he opens the door, you can actually see the griffins house still there.
    See this image url for proof.

• Great!

This is a really cool episode, Peter tries to built something like a theater after going to Joe's, and later finds an Indian skull, he begins to use the skull for a lot of things, stupid things, and each of the things with something that will ashamed the chief of the Indians, and later they begin to get attacked by a poltergeist, where Stewie is sucked into the television, and later they find out that the portal is Meg's ass, it was a really great episode!
  • The references were great!! Especially the Jackass one!

This ep was awesome, mainly because of the amount of funny references they used. The best part was the \\\"Jackass\\\" sequence. I\\\'m a fan of Bam myself, so when they used it, I was quite amused. The Lord of the Rings sequence was also quite entertaining. The Poltergeist parody was well done because it you could tell what it was supposed to be, but it wasn\\\'t completely cheesy and stupid, like many parodies out there. Then entire episode was funny and well written, and I enjoyed watching it. I would definitely reccomend this ep to anyone who enjoys parodies.
  • Great parody!

I really loved how this episode parodied so much stuff. I laughed so hard when Peter ripped his face off and revealed Hank Hill and he said \"Heh heh, propaine\". And when Stewie started singing \"In The Air Of The Night\" while inside the TV. I loved this episode, it was great.
  • Another classic to add to the collection of classics.

Of course all we can expect from this show is non-stop comedy no matter what the cost. This is the kind of episode that people go on quoting until they get sued. Of course finally the horror of Ronald McDonald was revealed in this episode. This episode is of course promoting, in a way, that
    TV is evil but I'm sure that nobody notices that or cares about it. You have got to love the "getting of trackness" that happens. And the wonderful writing of Beverly Cleary that was shown in this episode. Yeah, great episode and one of the best even though it is hard to tell with this awesome series.
  • This really was much better then I was expecting.

I was expecting this episode to be not very good, I expected this for a few reasons. 1. the premise sounded like it would be weak at best and 2. Family Guy has been kinda off in the later episodes of this season but I was pleasently suprised. Basicly this episode was about the Griffen house become Haunted when Peter digs up a skull of of a dead Indian and does some very disrespectful things to it. Before lon the Griffin house starts to go through events very similar to that seen in the film Poltergeist....hence the title of the episode.

This episode has been the funniest episode for a while...infact it's the best since 'The Courtship of Stewie's Father' and gives abit of hope back to Family Guy's future and shows that writers 'Wellesley Wild' & "Alec Sulkin" are great additions to the Family Guy staff, for they also wrote 'Petarded' and 'PTV'....let's hope this is a sign of things getting good again.
  • Does Seth MacFarlane even work on this show any more?

I really, REALLY wanted to like this episode. The premise was promising, I\'d fired up a large doobie, and I was anticipating a much-needed laugh after a largely lackluster season five of Family Guy.

Sadly, Petergeist does much to justify the complaints of fans that Family Guy is running out of momentum. Instead of the wild blindsiding gags of seasons past (recall, if you will, a baboon landing atop a flustered Hiroshiman citizen on August 6th, 1945), we\'re fed a bunch of tepid re-enactments of popular movies.

Bottom line, Petergeist is not funny because it\'s completely predictable. Lois turns away from the kitchen table, and - yawn - of course the chairs are all stacked up when she turns back, just like in Poultergeist. Herbert the Creepy Old Paedophile challenges the Tree Beast like Gandalf does with the Balrog in Lord of the Rings, and - sigh - of course he and the monster fall down a huge crevasse and stage a lengthy freefall combat scene. The episode painfully and unamusingly apes Poultergeist for a few more minutes, until - snore - the house disappears into a hole in the air.

Family Guy is still a series with tremendous comic potential, but only if Seth and his staff of writers remember what made the show great in the first place: episodes packed with screwy unpredictable jokes in rapid succession, with a liberal sprinkling of pop culture parodies.

Here\'s hoping for a better effort in season six; I shall be rolling a supply of doobies in anticipation.
  • THIS HAS GOT TO BE THE FUNNIEST EPISODE YET!

WOW I was so totally impressed with this episode. If anything, the fact that the house was built on an Indian burial ground was kind of a rip off of the episode of Drawn Together when Foxxy Love figures out the house is built on an Indian burial ground. The funniest part of the episode to me was when Peter pulled his face off and was Hank Hill. What I don\'t understand
    is that something weird hapened to everyone else exept Lois and Brian. I really think it was totally unnecassary irrelevant to put Carrot Top in the episode. This episode was by far my favorite but come on, could Brian atleast turn into like a normal live action dog or light on fire and burn his fur off.
  • This is a total copy off The Simpsons orginal Treehouse Of Horror.

Family Guy again copies off an old Simpsons episode. This time they go back to season 2 of The Simpson Treehouse Of Horror. I mean if you didnt watch the orginal then you wouldnt notice. Here are the parts

1)Peter finds an Indian Beerial Ground in his house.

2)The house disappears.

This episode is very boring; I was expecting a great aninimation of horror but The Simpsons does better this this easily.
  • duuude

all i can say is...random. the absolute height of family guy randomness. i've seen every episode of this show ever, and i know that they base their stuff around highly nonsensical, politically incorrect stuff, but tis was just wierd. a strange and crazy experience. i love that family guy deviates from the norm, and that at the end of the day, the plot line really doesn't matter because half of the material has no influence on the outcome of the story. however, this was, dare i say, ott? random native american remains, another world of spooks (resembling scooby doo villains) escaping via meg's butt? and i'm not sure why they didn't find the native american's remains when they were digging up their backyard to build a pool and ended up with their own like...republic (petoria). quite frankly, this episode was a bit too much for me...but it's cool because the writers for this show are great and they always bounce back. i would like to see a little less harassing of meg though...i've started just feeling really bad for her.
  • Funny but Wierd

Even though some parts of this episode were very funny (Stew-O, Dick Chaney, Carrot Top) on the whole I was totally surprised by the bizarre plot of this episode. I mean seriously…there whole house disappears and Meg’s ass is the escape portal all because Peter had disturbed the site of an ancient burial ground and so the spirits decide to take there revenge on the family. So the family has to go hunt down Carrot Top to get the skull, and well all is back to normal. All I have to say is WOW…that is even unbelievable by Family Guy standards!!!
  • This episode was SO funny!

They made fun of a lot of movies in this episode. I knew most of them. It was funny when they went in the closet they came out of Meg's butt. HAHA. It was also funny when Stewie said "They're here." He was talking to the tv, and he was talking about the show Friends. That was really funny.
  • Weird...

• After throughly enjoying Joe;s new home theatre system, Peter decides to build one of his own, after digging down, Peter finds a native american skull. Hilarity insues.

This episode is a very good parody of the movie "Poltergeist" this episode contains references to just about everything, from "The Lord of the Rings" to "King of the Hill." This episode contains possibly a few too many of Family Guy's trademark random jokes. The joke at Quagmire's house a little too disturbing and incestual for my tastes, but it ended fast enough. I enjoyed the movie "Poltergeist" and this episode definately did it justice. They had to change some of the things up to make a joke or two, but they made it better. The ending was also great as it was the original movie ending, family guy style.
< 1 2