Family Guy

Peter's Daughter

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Nov 25, 2007 on FOX

7.8
  • Nice Episode!

Meg ends up in she wakes up and sees a cute med student, they immediately hit it off. Overprotective of his daughter, Peter is determined to drive the med student away. That is until Meg reveals that she is Stewie and Brian try to refurbish and old house.
  • Meg gets in a coma

After Quahog is hit by a flood, Meg winds up in the hospital in a coma. When she wakes up and sees a cute med student, they immediately hit it off. Overprotective of his daughter, Peter is determined to drive the med student away. That is until Meg reveals that she is pregnant. I liked the subplot here better. The main plot was alright, but it was the best. My score was lower because Peter was a little jerk to Meg about refusing to see Michael again (he STILL treats her crap after this episode...no wonder why he is so idiotic) and the last few minutes was boring to watch. I only laughed a few times in the main plot. I laughed at the subplot more harder like the mouse (Mickey Mouse obviously) being heard on the background, the over part (funniest part ever in this episode), and then Brian and Stewie escape the house as it explodes a lot of times which reminds in the action movies. Overall score: 8.5/10
  • After Meg almost died from being in a coma, Peter becomes nicer to Meg and becomes overprotective of her

After Quahog is hit by a flood, Meg winds up in the hospital in a coma. When she wakes up and sees a cute med student, they immediately hit it off. Overprotective of his daughter, Peter is determined to drive the med student away. That is until Meg reveals that she is pregnant. I thought that this was an excellent episode of "Family Guy". I thought everything about this episode was hilarious except for the last couple of minutes with Michael running out on Meg after she told him that she is NOT pregnant and then a Conway Twitty video to end the episode. Other than that problem, this episode was excellent. I laughed hard at so many parts. Meg and Michael being on their date and Peter disguised as a Chinese guy to spy on Meg was drop dead hilarious to me. Everything about the Brian/Stewie subplot cracked me up as well such as hearing the mouse humping, Stewie telling Brian that he still needs to say "over" on the walkie-talkie even though Brian used "over" in a sentence or something like that and then Brian pulls the wire with Stewie falling to the ground, and more. The ending to the plot with Stewie exploding the house was funny and awesome. Of couse, the Officer Nasty scene made me LOL. The Flintstones cutaway was very funny. Peter talking to Michael so he can approve also gave me a good laugh. I also laughed hard when Peter was standing to Connie by hitting her against the fire extinguisher until she bleeds to death... it was dark humor but it was sure as hell funny in my opinion at least. More parts made me laugh as well. Overall, the storyline and the humor was excellent... the last couple of minutes of the episode was the reason why I didn't give it a 10 though but it was hilarious to watch for the most part and it was really nice to see Peter actually be nice to Meg after realizing that he only has one daughter and after when Meg almost died from a coma. 9.5/10
  • Great

It was nice to see Peter being nice to Meg for once

8/10

• Peter's Daughter

I was glad that Peter realized that his abuse of Meg is wrong and that he should protect his daughter. I absolutelly loved the scene where Peter ****ed Connie's **** up! Meg being pregnant was funny!

I hate how Lois didn't want to say that she loved Meg. As many have pointed out, in Season 1, Meg was treated as a regular member of the family. She was respected, accepted, and loved. I just hate the abuse she faces everyday from everyone. The end proved Michael or whatever his name was didn't really care for Meg. He can go die for just running out on Meg like that. Overall, great episode, I just wished the NO MORE Meg abuse would of stayed permantly.
  • Great

I sometimes/usually cannot stand this show, but this episode was decent. I liked Peter actually CARING about his daughter, it was nice. I liked Meg saying she was pregnant and then in the end she wasn't. I wish Michael {that was the guys' name right?} would return though, he was a cool guy. Also, Stewie and Brian's sub plot was pretty nice too. The episode is good, not their best, but a decent offering. My overall grade would be about a B or so, because I didn't laugh a whole lot. Still, it was a pretty stellar episode I thought
  • Season 6, Episode 7.

Wow. This episode was pretty entertaining. Here's an episode summary from TV.com:

Doesn't it already sound great?! Haha, a pregnant Meg. I love it. I thought she was lying about the pregnancy to get revenge, but she actually thought she was pregnant! Haha. I loved that whole storyline, even though the Brian/Stewie one was pointless, even though the Doggy Hell thing was funny.
  • Great

The beginning of the episode is hilarious. It's when there is a flash flood in Quahog and the water starts to leak in the Griffin home. The one huge funny part is when the house is filling with water, Peter told Meg to get him so beer in the fridge. She goes to get the beer in the fridge under water and gets caught and starts to drown. Peter sees this and makes fun of her. L O L Later in the episode, Meg starts to date the doctor that saved her and Peter is really overprotective which gives the episode more laughs.
  • That's silly, in a good way!

This episode is one of those that probably doesn't have the greatest of storylines or plots, but still, it makes you laugh so much that you can't rate it anything other than a 9.5!

The most laughable thing is, in a flood, which biased father would send his only daughter and eldest child to retrieve a six-pack of beer from the fridge?

The answer, Peter Griffin!

That is just so crazy! I just loved this episode, mainly the beginning of it. Absolutely hilarious. These are the kinds of things that Peter does (or makes others do) that just makes you love him!

To sum it up in one word, "Hilarious!"
  • Over.

"Peter's Daughter" is a great funny episode that anyone can watch. It isn't really as vulgar and PG-13 as most other episodes are. The funniest part of the episode was the part where Brian and Stewie were at the old house and they did that over joke. That's probably one of my favorite Family Guy jokes / gags out of the episodes that I've actually watched. This is also a great episode because it's one of the few episodes of Family Guy I've actually been able to sit down and watch the whole half an hour of it. It was really good.
  • meg finds true love

When a flood hits Quahog, Meg winds up in the hospital in a coma, but she wakes up to a cute med student named Michael Milano and they immediately hit it off. After Meg recovers, Peter is very protective of her, so he drives Michael away. But when Meg reveals to the family that she is pregnant, Peter forces them to get married.but at the wedding meg finds out she is not pregnant.she decides to tell michael,but when she tells him,michael runs off.meanwhile stewie and brian fix a house,but after realizing that they are going nowhere with the house,stewie blows it up.it was the best episode of the season,ane one of the best in the shows history.the best part was the 72 virgins in heaven wating for a suicide bomber.
  • Meg gets Married

Quahog is hit by a flood and Meg ends up in a Coma, She soon wakes up and glazes her eyes on a cute med Student Michael. Peter is so Feeling Guilty of the way the he treated Meg in his life so he decides to change until Meg starts dating Michael. Michael ends up breaking up with him due to Peter being the Over-Protective Father. She Later reveals that she is pregnant.

Micheal ends up proposing to her and decide to get hitch, on the day of the wedding she has second thoughts and tells Micheal that she was lying about her pregancy.

Elsewhere Stewie and Brian buy a Sruffy house thinking that they can make a profit out of it, all doesnt turn out well and they end exploding the place up. A much better episode than the Previous one.
  • Meg gets Married

• A flood hits Quahog, and Meg gets trapped under water in a coma. She goes to the hospital, and Peter treats her better, she meets a guy, and the start to date. Meg realizes that she is pregnant, and Peter does not take it lightly at all...

Alright, this episode was the best in season six by far. I was stunned that it was so awesome after the last episode. I love all Family Guy episodes, I just thought that last week's show was not the best. Now on to this one. I thought the, taking a nap under water, by Peter was crazy funny, and also cracked up with the Jodie Foster gag. Also, the Sanka Commercial made my eyes water, it was so funny. It was just an awesome episode. I thought it was great. I could go on and on about this episode, like the, over, part, and the house blowing up with the worker inside, the Alien movie gag, and the Mickey Mouse voice. I would advise anyone who likes Family Guy to watch it. The parts with Meg were also hysterical and funny! I loved it!
  • Classic Peter

I dont usually enjoy episodes that include alot of Meg but this one i loved.Once again Peter provide an epsidoes of laughs as he take things too far.This time in order to protect Meg he smothers her and becomes an over protective father due to her new boyfriend.the only reason hes doing this is cause he left her to drown in a flood which put her in a coma.Next thing you know Peter takes a full 360 degree turn around and pushes meg into marrying her new guy instead of pushing her away.Very funny episode once agian more Peter and Stewie less Brian Lol
  • It starts off as a brilliant turn - around from the hideous "Padre De Familia" but runs out of steam and just becomes another OK Family Guy episode.

This once again proves that Family Guy just can't be consistent, sure this episode has it's moments. Hell, it's one of the only times i've laughed out loud at a Family Guy episode while sober but the overall lack of plot and tasteless handling of touchy topics and not to mention its inane ending, it fails to be fantastic. It starts off with a flashflood of Peter's home and a racist joke within the first 30 seconds (only on Family Guy), when Meg nearly drowns Peter becomes seriously overbearing, especially when she starts dating the gentleman intern from the hospital. Meg is later revealed to be pregnant and is about to get married when....long story short, everything is absurdly resolved and everything goes back to normal. As a much better sub - plot, Stewie and Brian are refurbishing an old hovel as an investment property and although not much really happens it contains some of the best scenes of the episode.

Since the weepy episode "Brian Wallows and Peter Swallows" they seem to think that any association at all with serious themes like coma patients or teenage pregnancy will be an instant, dramatic success when it's handled too lightly to be anything even close to moving. Visually and audibly; this episode is on - par with the decent drawings and animation from previous episodes and the good performances and nice audio effects.

The "Over" conversation and the jab at movie explosions are side - splitting but everything else is pretty much the conventional cultural reference, one - liner usually from Peter and the snappy visual gags, at least they're doing what they do best.

Family Guy has risen from the ashes left by the Writer's Strike and the recent flop episodes but for how long?
  • It was great.

This is one, so far, of the one's that I've seen, episode of Season 6 so fr. Season 6 is turning out pretty badly, an this one definantly stands out from all the rest.

My absolute favorite part was the Brian and Stewie plot. Stewie buys a house that is pretty beat up for pretty much no money at all, and decides to fix it up with Brian. Many hilarious things happen. With the whole walkie-talkie thing, when Stewie tells Brian to say over after he finishes talking. Brians like, "Do I really have to say over?" Stewie's like, "Say what?" Brian: "Say over." "Say What?" "Over!" "What?" And it keeps going on and on untill Brian gets really mad, and I don't wanna spoil to you what happens then.

Then, with the explosion repeating over and over again...klassic.

A great episode, 10 out of 10.
  • Not my favorite episode.

7.3
    It begins to rain heavily in Quahog, which soon begins to experience flash floods; as a result, the entire ground floor of the Griffins' house begins to fill with water,and they need to evacuate. Before the family can do that, however, Peter makes Meg go into the kitchen to retrieve a case of beer (and make a sandwich while she was at it), but the refrigerator is mostly submerged by this time. Meg is forced to go underwater, where her shirt snags onto one of the fridge racks. As she begins to drown, Peter goes into the kitchen at Lois' urging and rescues her. At the hospital, the family is informed that Meg has fallen into a coma, causing Peter to reflect on all the horrible things he's done to her in his life and promise to make it up to her if she ever recovers. She eventually does awaken, and Peter begins making good on his promise by showing her extra kindness and promising to do whatever he can to make her happy. However, when Meg announces that she wants to start going out with her new boyfriend - Michael Milano, a med student at a hospital to whom she awoke - Peter grows very distrustful and overprotective.

Peter worries that all Michael will care about is sex, but Meg argues otherwise, and restates that going out with him is what she wants. Lois suggests that Peter talk to Michael and get to know him better. He does and, after apparently warming up to him, allows Meg to go out. However, Peter still feels distrustful of him and spies on them during one of their dates. Michael feels uncomfortable and feels that he should break off their relationship, which upsets Meg. Stewie and Brian fix a wrecked house.Later, Meg shocks the family when she announces that she's pregnant. Peter concludes that the only thing to do is force Michael to marry her, and heads to his house; however, after learning of Meg's pregnancy, Michael turns out to be completely willing. Meg decides to go through with it, not wanting to go through an abortion, until the wedding ceremony, where she reveals to Lois that she's just found out she's not actually pregnant - instead, she had her period and assumes she read the test wrong. Lois suggests that Meg tell Michael the truth, and says that if Michael really cares about her, he will still understand and stay. When she tells him, however, Michael bails out completely without a word; Peter, on the other hand, who was present at the time, feels bad about bringing Meg into this situation and apologizes about his behavior. Then, realizing that there is really nothing else to offer the television audience, Peter decides to end the episode with footage of Conway Twitty.

In a secondary plot, Stewie proposes to Brian that they buy and renovate a wrecked house and sell it to get rich. However, neither of them are able to cope with the other, and they're unable to get the job done. In the end, the two go broke and the house begins to deteriorate beyond repair, so Stewie decides to blow it up (forgetting that an electrician they hired is still inside it).
  • Meg finally gets the respect of Peter.

So far this season of Family Guy has been a rollercoaster. The very excellent Blue Harvest was bookended by the atrocity called Movin' Out, one of the worst episodes in recent memory. However, the Stewie vs. Lois storyline was suprisingly enjoyable and this episode continues the trend after the mediocre Padre de Familia. There were a lot of good jokes in this one and thankfully most of them were short and sweet. Meg finally got a boyfriend after years of yearning and failing, but in a rare turn of events Peter was not the reason she ended up single at the end of the episode. Brian and Stewie's dialog and subplot didn't intrude on the main storyline, making this a very cohesive episode with a strong narrative that just felt right.
  • this again was a bad plot going on a worse plot

5.9
    I this is another awful family episode it is idiodic unfunny and it's is meg episode the worst episodes of all but despite that its much better than I expected

the episode starts off when a major storm hits quahog causing the grigfin house to flood. peter not surprisingly asks meg to get him a sandwitch in the (already flooded) kitchen she nearly dies drowning and is now in a coma peter now regrets the bad things she has done.and to start it off peter has to get rid of a new boy friend of megs but now she is pregnat what to do what to do.
  • Those who say it's good without MacFarlane don't realize he was 100% involved in these episodes.

Too many times have I read things like "This episode shows how well Faily Guy can do without Seth MacFarlane" - And also, too many times have I seen people blast a perfectly good episode (ie: Padre de Familia, Peter's Daughter) because "it did not contain MacFarlane's touch".

Yes, I know MacFarlane is on strike. I know the two last episodes aired were not approved by MacFarlane. However, MacFarlane was 100% involved in the production of these two last episodes. The only thing he could not do is to give the show a "ok to air" thumbs up (and let's make this clear - he probably would have approved both episodes in a jiff... they have been ready to air for a long time now) - but essentially, the episodes were created by MacFarlane and would have been, at 90%, the way he wanted them.

Those who complain that MacFarlane isn't involved in these two last episodes must seriously question how his voice got into almost 50% (or more) of each of these episodes... Someone is impersonating him?! Come on, people (on the MacFarlane tone)

Peter's Daughter was yet another excellent example of why Family Guy is just such an awesome, often unbelievably exagerated show. The moronic humor in this piece was exquisite, and unlike the last episode (Padre de Familia) this one got me choking of laughter more than once.

Amongst the memorable jokes: All the Meg-owning, Stewie and Brian's "over" back-and-forth, The Alien joke and the Connie meets fire extinguisher joke.

Looks like the production and airing of new episodes is on hold for family guy - I wouldn't be surprised they don't air anything until after the Holidays. This may be a good thing, giving the WGA enough time to settle their disputes and allow their members to return to work.

From there, MacFarlane can continue producing his show.

Sure, FOX have gone over Seth's head in airing the last two, but most the material was defenitely MacFarlane magic... I don't think there was much changed after Seth's departure on strike.

What I do hope is that FOX do NOT go ahead at taping more family Guy until Seth returns. It's one thing to air unapproved but finished episodes, but it's another to just reinvent the creator's show behind his back. This has not happened yet and I pray to the Universe it doesn't ever happen. That would defenitely suck.

Seth... we don't hate you for being on strike, nor do we hate FOX for airing those last two episodes (I needed my fix, man ) - but if they create one without your input, nor your voice, or even your presence, FOX should be sued.
  • "Its officer nasty"

7.8
    I thought this episode was pretty good on the jokes but the plot was kind of lame. It was really typical. I was disappointed in the Stewie and Brian plot line. The only thing i liked was the whole over thing. That was kind of entertaining. It was really dumb to make the house explode five times before it exploded. The whole thing with Peter as a male "police officer" was really funny. I found it lame that Meg didn't know she was pregnant until the end of the episode. I hope that they lay off the Meg jokes for a little while though. I mean they are funny but Family Guy can do much better. Anyways this episode just seemed too typical and i was disappointed.
  • Way better than the last episode!

In this episode a flood hits quahog and peter sends meg into the flooded fridge to get the beer. meg gets caught on a peg and goes into a coma. peter than vows to protect meg from there on. Meg meets a doctor called Michael Milano and starts dating him. Peter becomes overprotective of Meg and spies on Meg and Michael on their dates for 3 weeks. 2 weeks later, meg finds out shes pregnant. Meg and Michael then decide to get married. Meg than realises she isn't pregnant which causes michael to runaway. meanwhile, stewie and brian buy a house in hopes of fixing it up but can't so they blow it up with an electrician inside.
  • FINE EXAMPLE OF FAMILY GUY

Peters daughter is fixed on meg which not alot of the episodes are unless shes had a makeover or sumthing to make her easier on the eyes and even then it takes a turn for the worst but hey.

In this episode peter sends meg back to get a case of beer out the fridge when the house is flooding and is already up to their necks, Megs top however catches on the grill shelf in the fridge and she nearly drowns while peter thinks she is taking a nap underwater. Peter then takes meg to a hospital where dr hartman tells them her coma is in a daughter, A medical intern then walks in to check megs pulse when she awekens from the coma and peter vows to be a better farther. THe medical student is actualy interested in meg and they start dating. Of corse then peter splits them up and then meg claims she is pregnant so peter wants a shotgun wedding but micheal the med student is happy to marry her anyway but at the wedding she reviels she isnt pregnant and micheal runs off and peter then puts on a show for the rest of the wedding!
  • Peter treated her right

Its' been a while since we had a Meg story. This is good and I rank it second to Lets' Go to the hop. Peter treated her right and kept his word. He beated the living daylights out of Connie and that cracked me up. The Stewie and Brian B story was good and I loved their Over scene. It was nice to see Megs' friends again and I hope they come back more often. The relationship Meg had with the med student was fine till he ran out but it was nice. Peter was overprotective but I hope that the relationship with him and Meg grows. I would give this a higher score if it hadn't been for Conway Twitty. But still it was good. It was 1000 times better that last weeks.
  • I'm afraid your coma's in a daughter.

Good episode from Family Guy showing that they are getting back on track and hopefully it will continue for the next 3 seasons. Though Seth McFarlane wasn't completely involved in this episodes productions it shows that they don't completely rely on him for every episode. But the show needs to get him back because Family Guy is not complete without him and the show will probably dry up. Funniest parts of episode were "the hospital scene", the rebuilding of the house - "over" and "explosion", but I still get confused everytime Conway Twitty appears but it continues to show the randomness of Family Guy.
    Great Ep.
  • This episode just goes to show...

In recent years family guy has gone downhill and i have learned to except it, part of the reason for this is that the writers have changed and it truly was the writers "and seths less busy schedule" that made this show. if you look who wrote this episode he also wrote alot of the old episodes as well and u can see it in the show, this episode had me laughing out loud a ton and had many of those genious well thought out jokes as well. I especially enjoyed the blowing up house and the vacum dogs jokes that made me feel like i was watching a season 3 episode, so did many of the other jokes
    well done Chris Sheridin "spelling may be wrong on that"
  • One of the best Family Guy episodes in recent years. It's cleverly written but still has all those cutaway gags and stale jokes.

Let's not deny that Family Guy has gone downhill as of late. The plot has merely been an excuse for a cycle of jokes, about half of which you actually understand (the other half being odd celebrity jokes). Season 6 has been decent, though. The Stewie kills Lois/Lois kills Stewie episodes were actually very funny, and this episode was too. Don't get me wrong, it still has many of the Family Guy cliches we've come to know and hate (or possibly love, depending on who's reading this). This episode has the cutaway gags, random celebrity jokes, the jokes extended a few minutes too long, the offbeat "whacky" jokes that try a little too hard, all of it.

But for once, I felt like the plot wasn't rushed, and the jokes were far above average. My favorite parts include Peter shooting Meg, "I'm rich and you're poor but let's dance together", Peter killing Connie, and the alltime best:

"You know Michael, my daughter's womb is not a wildfire for you to douse with your adolescent seed."

Now that's just great writing.
  • After Meg almost drowns, Peter swears to be a better father. But when Meg starts dating Michael, a doctor from the hospital, but he leaves her. Meg realizes shes pregnant and gets Michael to marry her. But when she finds she red the test wrong, he leaves.

Great and funny. My favorite part was the flashback to alien. That voice is freaking hillarious. Family Guy has had some dark periods, but I think this may well be one of my favorite episodes since Chick Cancer. Still, I highly doubt that Peter will continue to be nice to Meg in future episodes. It's just too hillarious when the family, not trying to sound cruel or anything, abuses her. She's just so easy to laugh at. Anyway, this was definitely a classic. Family Guy gets a lot of citicism. Still, these are the episodes that make even the most up-tight people laugh out loud.
  • Bun in Meg's Easy Baked Oven!

This episode is a far cry from last week's lukewarn episode. This episode is on the most least cared family member Meg. Meg nearly got drowned in a flood and ends up in a coma in a hospital. She falls for a med student who ends up being pregnant. the jokes are funny. I ended up laughing at some of them. Brain and Stewie brough a house that is terrible. There this phone exchange between the two that is funny. At the end, they decided to blow the place up. Motto: Being pregnant isn't funny, but blowing up houses is. Smell you later!
< 1 2