Family Guy

Play It Again, Brian

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Mar 02, 2008 on FOX

7.2
  • Peter, Lois, and Brian go to Martha's VIneyard; Herbert takes care of the kids

Peter and Lois' marriage hits a bit of a snag. When Brian wins the New England Rising Writer's award, the three of them head to Martha's Vineyard for a nice relaxing vacation. Peter's usual drinking habits take over and he soon spirals out of control, as does Brian's self restraint, as he soon professes his love for Lois. Peter and Brian test their friendship over the woman of their dreams. I thought this was another superb episode of Family Guy. It looks meh at first when I decided to see it but it was better than it expected (I didn't saw this episode until 2009 rather in 2008). My score is lower for a couple things. A few parts are boring to watch. Second, the biggest problem was Brian professes his love for Lois. Wow seriously? I only laughed at Brian's love for Lois for maybe 3 times, but this one he went too far with his crush on her. It's not funny at all. I mean, Brian and Lois hanging out for the day was decent, but not Brian showing love for Lois...which annoyed me and then changed the channel when that scene is on. So other than that and the boring parts, it was enjoyable. The subplot was better and not even Herbert got on my nerves like he did in season 5 when the writers putted him in almost single episodes. He was actually funny and got hilarious lines as well (like "don't mouth back to me or I'm gonna slap right in the p***s," Meg has to rub Herbert, "Damn it, I'm missing Boy Meets World for this?" Herbert telling Chris a story then Chris asked him he's pedophile). So yes I want to see more funny parts for Herbert, not the one that made my eyes rolls at it whenever he does the Hmmm...speaking of that, he didn't made that noise as well as not showing obsession or Chris. Good for the writers. The main plot did't has that much funny parts but it was just entertaining (like the song) to watch. However, I really laugh so hard at Damn Nature You're Scary part. Overall 9/10
FOX