Family Guy

Ready, Willing, and Disabled

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Dec 20, 2001 on FOX

• my favorite episode

Very funny my favorite episode ever
  • great, but boring

Joe gets discouraged, losing his self-confidence, after he loses a thief in a chase. Peter wants to help Joe get back to his old self so he volunteers to help train him for the decathlon at the Olympics for handicapped athletes. Peter puts steroids into Joe's drink, pushing Joe on to victory. Meanwhile, Stewie, Meg, and Chris fight over $26. I though this was a great episode. Joe's plot was getting boring after a few scenes and there's isn't that much laugh in that plot. I did laugh a few times such as Joe crying because he didn't caught the person, then the guys slowly left (well, it was funny, even though Joe cried for like a minute), the evil monkey cutaway when his wife was cheating on another monkey (referenced again on another episode), the devil Peter attacking angel Peter, Peter falling on the skateboard (after Tom Tucker told him so), and Peter giving Joe steroids . As the kids' plot, it was much funnier...especially when they fought during the thunderstorm. Overall, a great episode. 8/10
  • it was a funny episode

What I liked:

-Mort singing that song while Peter stole steroids

-Chris, Meg, and Stewie's plot

-When Joe cries in the clam and how the guys walk away from him akwardly

7.5/10

• Not the funniest "Family Guy" episode of Season 3 but it was well written so I'm giving it full credit for a well written story

I thought that this was an excellent episode of "Family Guy". It wasn't the funniest episode of Season 3 but it was well written so I will give it full credit for a well written story. The main plot was when Peter put steroids in Joe's drink so Joe can win the Special Olympics. The subplot when Stewie, Meg, and Chris find $26 and then the three of them fight over it. It was funny when Joe was crying about not catching the crook and then Peter, Quagmire, and Cleveland leave the Drunken Clam slowly and quietly. It was very funny when Peter was sneaking in Mort's store and got the steroids. Peter seeing Joe's story about being a handicapped winning the Special Olympics which was fake is very funny. The most hilarious scene in this episode was when Peter came to Tom Tucker and told him to air the story of Peter and then Peter is on the streets which he uses a scarecrow and then the car (driven by Peter) hits the scarecrow and Peter acts like he got hurt. It was great that Joe who didn't catch the crook in the beginning caught the crook at the end of the episode. Overall, not the funniest episode of Season 3 but it was overall excellent. 10/10
  • GFood episode, but not 100%.

This wa a very good episode of the show, and is a very interesting reminder of the great episode we have had in the past, that are somewhat lacking right now, in Season 8.

I found the storyline in this episode to be superb, emaculate and sublime! There isn't many other words to descrive it, as it was sensational!

The episode itself wasn't that funny, howeer, which is my main criticism and that is why I didn't enjoy it too much.

I would still highly recommend this episode, as it is a nice reminder of what e used to have in the past!
  • Joe's is cracking hilarious... And so was this episode

Joe, Joe, Joe. What a crack-up! He starts yelping and crying in the Drunken Clam because apparently he's never lost and failed to catch a criminal "on the run". Cleveland, Peter and Quagmire try to escape Joe by quietly sneaking out. Cleveland hilariously escapes first, followed by Quagmire, and the last but not least: Peter sneaks out, via the nearest window.

I also thought even though I gained laughs tonight, it could have been a lot better - but wasn't disappointed at all. The parts where Joe builds up to become famous which only made Peter angry was very unfortunate. Peter did the right thing in stopping Joe.

The funniest of all lines tonight was discovering how the evil monkey became evil - his love and another male were making out LOL.

So overall, I'll make it basic - it could have been more exciting and a bit funnier, but I loved it nevertherless.
  • An amazing episode.

A very special episode that had a lot of jokes that were so hilarious that thry would make anyone with a snese of humor wet themselves. IN the end this episode is a must see for all Family Guy fans of all sorts.
  • Peter gives Joe steroids inorder for him to win the Special olympics.

I like this episode a little bit and was surprised to see how little reviews it has. I enjoy the story and the jokes in this episode espacially the subplot with probaply the first Meg / Chris / Stewie that was just fully taboolie and I like the popularity Joe gets and I also like the movie preview that Peter saw on tv and how hot Lois is at the beggining. These are more of the types of episodes I miss in the Family Guy new eps. Alot more episodes like this should have been made, Another classic episode from the golden age.
  • peter enters jo in the special elympics!

i always saw family guy as an excuse to say something stupid on a tv show,but i really enjoyed this special episode(note:special). it shows how live is so diffacult for disabled people like jo or steven hawking(lol i loved his apperence in this episode,among with others).I would of gave this episode of family guy a perfect ten but i found the silly side story of meg,stewie,and chris finding twenty six dollers a little thin and uncalled for.I was also glad to find out the evil monkey came to be.I also loved the determanation from jo(despite the fact that peter spiked his drink)so congrats family guy on a job well done
  • This is an OK episode.

This episode isn't that funny, but the story is kinda good.

Meg, Chris and Stewie find $26. They think it's alot of money. They put up signs for lost money and if no one claims it in one month then they get to keep it. They fight over it and fight over it. No one trusts each other with it. Finally on the last day, someone claims it.

Joe was chasing a criminal and he didn't catch him. It was the first person that got away from Joe. He was really depressed. Peter talked to him and he decided to join the special olympics. He wins, but only because Peter puts steriods in his water without telling him. Everyone likes him now. They even made a movie about it. Even though Peter was the one who talked him into doing it, Joe made it look like he was the one who said he could never make it. Then Peter tells everyone the truth about the steriods. Joe is depressed again. Then he see's the guy that got away. The guy that got away is the same person who claimed Meg, Chris and Stewie's money. Joe catches the guy and the guy goes to jail. Joe isn't depressed anymore. He is happy. Everything is back to normal.

I give this episode a 9.1 out of 10.
  • You could get a desk job, huh? You could be a desk!

Both plots in this episode were very entertaining: Joe Swanson in the paralymics and the money clip paranoia between the three kids.

The episode has some fantastic scenes such as the doctor preparing to tell Joe that he’s paralysed from the waist down when he was already. The deaf athletes missing their alarms and wake up calls was a great short scene as was the flashing lightning scene.

The end was great with Joe stating the irony that when he tackled the perp, he broke his spine:
    Peter: I guess you’ve got competition for next year’s games, huh?
    Joe: No, he’s dead.

Very well written, this episode is guaranteed to make you laugh.
  • Officially my fave episode!

What a fantastic show! I advise everyone to watch this episode. My fave bit is when Peter (in a wheelchair) goes to see Tom Tucker:

Peter: Mr Tucker, I am disabled like Joe Swanson. I demand commericial endorsments and a TV movie about me. And here's the first bit you'll show. Footage of my tragic accident.

(Peter inserts a video into the tape player and
    presses play)

Peter: (On video, cowering) Oh no. A car is coming to fast to stop. aah!!

(The video crackles. The camera is now looking at a scarecow dressed in Peter's clothes. A car races past, knocking it over. the camera crackles, back to Peter, lying on the ground)

Peter: Ow, ow. I'm handicapped now! Ow, ow!

• Officially my fave episode!

(Peter inserts a video into the tape player and
    presses play)

Peter: (On video, cowering) Oh no. A car is coming to fast to stop. aah!!

Peter: Ow, ow. I'm handicapped now! Ow, ow!

FOX