Family Guy

Sunday 9:00 PM on FOX Premiered Jan 31, 1999 In Season

bluecatcinema

Family Guy Fan Reviews page 3 of 95

• This is wierdly but good sense of humor

Seth dude you are a Genius keep this and it up
  • Now this show has humor!

When I first saw this I thought it was gabarge...
    Turns out: I loved it! This is the kind of humor we need!
    I mean we all know laughing is recognizing, well there you go: They use lots of other people/shows/lables/things we all know. And there's lots of flashbacks and short scenes that have nothing to do with the plot, which makes it hilarious! All this was the idea of a man with humor: Seth Mcfarlene, he also does the voices of: Peter, Stewie, Brian and Quackmeyer. (Gigitygigitygoo!)
    Well the plots aren't too interessting, but the humor is!
    That's why I think it's a great show!
  • Hi, I'm OldManKrabs555 and this is my review on Family Guy.

Family Guy is an awesome show, I like anything made by Seth MacFarlane. My favorite characters are Stewie and Brian. I don't know why, I just like them. Family Guy is my second most favorite TV show tied with American Dad next to SpongeBob. People may say Family Guy isn't good anymore in Season Nine, but honestly, I don't think it's so bad. I mean, why are people hating on Season Nine? I just wish they could stop some of those random gags like when someone mentions something and then they show it; that's getting kind of old. Well, this has been OldManKrabs555 on Family Guy.
  • why does everybody hate this show so much????????????????????????????????????????????

this show is not as funny as it used to be but is still HALARIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!this show maybe be sick and twisted at times but yet ITS Halarious.Every 5 seconds it made somone laugh! This show is about a really fat and stupid guy named Peter Griffin,with and IQ about 10.He has 3 children: Chris:He is the fat and obese man that is always made fun of.

Stewie: He is a baby genius.He makes alot of cool inventions,and is evil,and wants to kill is mom lois and rule the world.Accept no one knows he wants to do that (beside Brian) He has th IQ of about 196.

Meg:She is an ugly nerdy weirdo girl that no one loves(especially her family.

He also has a dog names Brian.He can talk,and he is always nice,but a violent person that drinks alcohol and takes pot.He is almost Stewies "Friend" at times.

He also has a wife named Lois:She is nice and supports everyone.And these people go trough mystical family problems (sex,drugs,bad things,and ect.
  • Still Love It

yea... The show is getting kind of old, but I still really love it. You can pick any episode and it will be funny. But I love shows that push the edge. Like louie, archer, always sunny and that new show on fx called legit. I just realized i only named fx shows, but whatever. they're great. read this and they'll you'll know why
  • funny but is getting way to racist

funny but is getting way to racist, Seth MacFarlane. looks like 13 year old Asian ***got
  • Two different shows

Family Guy is two different shows really.

In the first seasons, roughly up to season 6, Family Guy was a show that would make fun of everything and everyone. It was soon clear that Family Guy the opposite of The Simpsons: while The Simpsons works by contrasting hilarious scenes with serious and heartwarming scenes, Family Guy worked by being outrageous throughout.

This has changed.

The later seasons suddenly try to include serious moments. This doesn't work, of course, making most of the later episodes rather dull.
  • Moronic

It tries to be South Park, but made by halfwitts, for morons.
  • New Episode Suggestion

Peter has a job to move some furniture for Lois. Everytime he lifts a piece, he grunts and then farts. The whole family watches knowing what is going to happen, laughs and makes fun of Peter. The word gets out and other families are requesting Peter's help just so they can have a laugh. He winds up on the local news because they used his grunting/farting for a fundraising event where they sold tickets. Because Meg and Chris are ridiculed at school about Peter, he is required to retire from manual labor. Also, the parents of the school kids feel Peter is a bad example.
  • NOT MANY LAUGHS ON NETWORK TV THESE DAYS

AS FAR AS I'M CONCERNED, AT THE PRESENT TIME (JANUARY 2013), THE ONLY FUNNY COMEDIES ON NETWORK TV ARE THE THREE SETH MCFARLANE SHOWS ON FOX, '30 ROCK' ANF 'THE BIG BANG THEORY'.
  • It really depends on age.............

I think that it all depends on how old u r like you wouldn't let a 5 year old or even a 6 year old watch Family Guy right? I wouldn't because Family guys are one of those shows like American Dad it has alot of cursing a fighting inside Family Guy so I would give this show a thumbs down even though I love the show :/
  • Some love it, some hate it. This is my opinion.

I might get some thumbs down, but Family Guy (or at least the old ones) is one of my favorite shows on television. Some people think that the humor has gone downhill, which it sort of has, but it is still that same quirky humor that we all love. I do admit some of the storylines are kind of blah, because they're running out of ideas, but that doesn't stop me from giving it a terrible rating. The characters have gone downhill a little bit, and the show is just basically randomness at this point, but it is still funny and manages to get some laughs out of me, and that's what I'm basing my review on. It is an animated comedy, after all. You can agree or disagree with it, but this is just my opinion.
  • The worst thing in the universe(s)

This has got to be the worst thing to ever exist! It shoudl have never existed!

Plot:0.0 there is none just flash backs

Animation:0.1 just horribly bright and annoying

Lines:2.6 just random stuff

Humor:1.3 toilet humor is so terrible!

Jokes:0.7 simply just toilet jokes

Characters:1.0 the only good one is Meg

Music:2.3 to many songs at a time and most of them are weird cowboy's songs.

Spin-offs:3.0 American Dad is not a spin-off, just a related show

Episodes:1.2 just the same thing

Overall:1.0

Notes;
  • Great, great show

I'm forty-nine and I love Family Guy. There, I said out loud, and damn it feels good! I can't get enough of it. And, you know what? Quagmire's my favorite character (giggidy). Man, feel like weight's been lifted.
  • It was a step up from that awful Tale of a Third Grade Nothing episode but it was still bad. It had a subplot that had chance to go somewhere but it didn't.

2.5
    Finally, Joe and Bonnies' baby is born and it is a beautiful girl. With the hospital bills so high, Joe has to work another job and even has to pay back a loan shark. Peter said the only way to get Joe out of debt was to steal from Carter. Meanwhile, Stewie has a crush on Susie. They ruined Joe in this one by taking away his dignity and he used to a strong character. Stewie should have just gone up to Susie and talked to her instead of making that stupid long video which was a waste and the Christian Bale bit should have been shorter. There were more bad jokes ( eye floaters?!! ). At the end, Stewie said he was no longer interested in Susie but is in love with Bryan Adams. Why am I not surprise? It would have been great if Susie could talk too and it would also have been cooler to have another talking baby for Stewie to hang out with. That would have been better than that stupid video. The only part I laughed was at end when Lois told Peter that she got the money for Joe was convincing her father that she was getting a divorce lawyer. Peter thought she was joking but she walked away and he got nervous. I bet she did. Overall, a step up from the last episode but still, this one was terrible.
  • It's a Shame to see such a Great Series Drop like a Freakin' Rock!!

A Family Sitcom with a Goofy Father, Hard Working Housewife, Confused Odd Boy, Dorky Girl trying to fit in, A Reasonable Talking Dog and an Evil Baby wanting to rule the World! This Terrible Show once had a lot of potential. This Silly Family with their Wacky Adventures had it's Few Enjoyable Seasons, but then it went down hill and made a Turn for the Worse; Ever since the Ending of Season 4 it just dropped dead to me. Stewie changed from an Evil Genius into a Happy Go Lucky Gay-Wad who wants to have sex with the Freaking Dog! Now I don't have a Problem with Gay People, It's just that Stewie makes Gays look Bad and he was never gay to begin with, sure he had some Gay Jokes in the past, but it was only a few times and it never took itself to a limit like having sex with the dog or dressing up as a woman to get dates with other men. Peter was once a Goofy Father who was very Gullible and then Became a Complete *** with no common sense and is an Arrogant Asshole! Lois was a hard working house-wife and then became a total Slut having sex or making-out with almost anyone! Chris was a Strange Confused Boy and now seems more normal than before, he is also underrated and no longer Talented. Brian was a Caring Reasonable Active Talking Dog who was the Voice of Reasoning, Now he is a Liberal-Douche who doesn't give 2 shits about anyone else besides dating Bimbos, He rips on anyone who disagrees with him and gives off opinions rather than Facts! Meg is still the same though, which is good. Quagmire was ounce a Friendly sex driven Man, now he's a Dick who is constantly cheating on his friends wives and never seems kind and nice anymore but more bland and mean. That's not even the worse part, The Worse Part is that Quagmire is now a Rapist who likes hearing the cries of Woman in pain... 0_o, WTF is wrong with these writers; how is any of that even remotely funny, It's not, It's just Sick and Disturbing. Joe was all about action now he is like a quiet little mouse and is almost as bland as the new Chris. Peter, Brian, Stewie and Quagmire seemed to have changed the most out of all of them and is it just me or are they constantly making Disease, Racist, Gay and Disturbing Jokes about Actors, Once in awhile is okay but jeez, They use these gags way to much in the new Seasons; Speaking of which some of their Jokes are just repeated over and over again, Returning your Jokes is fine and all but not 10 freaking times, come up with new Jokes you lazy ass writers, It's getting old and bland now. Not to mention Brian and Stewie are together all the freaking time in the recent episodes... My God they have their own episodes like in 50% of the Series now, Peter is 25%, Quagmire is 15% and the others are 10%. WTF... You mind as well call it "The Stewie and Brian Show" now!!!! As Peter always says in the Opening of Family Guy, Where are those good old Fashioned Values, on which we used to rely. A Show that reminds us of that, has changed with new values that we don't rely on, The Disappointing part is that it's coming from the show that has changed way too much. How Sad... Okay I'm done here. So Seasons 1-4 of Family Guy were the Best With Interesting Plots and True Comedy! Seasons 5 and Above are not Funny, have Weak Plots and the Characters are Very Different from what they used to be! The Stewie Griffin Movie was Good and the Family Guy: Star Wars Movies were Crap! So Only Watch the first 80 Episodes. And so this is the End of My Review. Good-Bye!

Here are my Ratings for each Season, Just In-case you were all curios.

Season 1:- 8.0 (Great)

Season 2:- 9.0 (Amazing)

Season 3:- 8.5 (Great)

Season 4:- 7.5 (Good)

Season 5:- 3.5 (Bad)

Season 6:- 3.0 (Bad)

Season 7:- 1.0 (Disgraceful)

Season 8:- 1.5 (Disgraceful)

Season 9:- 2.0 (Terrible)

Season 10:- 2.5 (Terrible)
  • A script for Peter Griffin

Okay, so Peter and bunch of friends are at a party and one of peters friends girlfriends (which weighs a lot) is talking about tattoos, peter asks her if she has any, She says yes. She has several including 1 on her thigh. She's wearing very tight leggings and for peter to avoid asking her to pull down her pants to see it, he asks her to roll up her leggings up to the thigh area. He then realizes they will rip apart from her oversized legs so he awkwardly trys to change the subject.. lol & that's while everybody's watching. Comedy right?
  • A blend of slapstick and fantasy, Seth MacFarlane's FAMILY GUY -- resurrected for network broadcast after being cancelled and then becoming a huge hit on DVD -- is a television show within a television show.

Often, viewers see patriarch Peter Griffin (voiced by MacFarlane) having visions that look like flashes of TV shows -- almost like animated channel surfing. As a plot device, this can serve as a distraction, which ultimately disrupts what might be a storyline. On the other hand, the constant cross-references to musicals, literature, plays, and other TV shows might amuse some viewers. Of course, if viewers don't get the references, they might come across as offensive -- but then again, viewers might get offended anyway. Don't expect consistent content from this show.
  • funny show!!!! I HATE REALITY TV cause it suxs big time!!!!!!!!!!!

since the networks and cable channels have decided to go cheap on us and make 99 percent REALITY TV shows, wrestling (on sci-fi!!) and are always cancelling great shows... i have cancelled my cable and no longer watch any tv... i download all my shows i like off the internet and have started watching alot of bbc shows from england. I'll not sit in front of the box and watch crap in the evenings after working all day. I want quality or nothing at all from the networks / cable channels. I SUGGEST WE ALL BOYCOTT THE TV for one week each month until the REALITY CRAP is taken off the air. That crap causes brain damage... it's totally unacceptable. No one is stupid enough to enjoy that crap except some inbred bigfoot half-breed. They want to produce the cheapest crap possible and still retain the ratings to get sponsors and advertising dollars. Don't give them the appearance of ratings by watching at all. Turn off you cable / sat and download... NO Commercials!!! and only watch what you want to watch when u want to watch it... been doing this for 4 years now and it's great. Only problem is, running out of shows to watch. Sci-Fi channel, now si-fi (junk now) sold out and became a cess-pool putting on fantasy and wrestling crap... was once the best channel on cable... anyways,

boycott cable / networks and download from internet...

watch ur shows without commercials or interuption...

hope the networks realize they're loosing their loyal viewers because we're NOT dumbing down and

we HATE reality TV crap...

screw u a-holes... you're idiots and you're gonna kill ur networks/channels if you keep on this way
  • Great show!

This show is WAY BETTER THAN South Park! I hate that show. But this is good. Even though it makes fun of people and religion it has a boundary line. South Park doesn't even care. And to all you saying Family Guy has deteriorated, I honestly don't see it. I've seen the old and new episodes and it still seems like the same family guy to me. But everyone has their own opinions I guess.
  • Family Guy was Once a Great & Hilarious Show but Now it is Fucking Garbage!!!

Family Guy was a Great Show Back in it's Old Days. Every Episode had a Plot & All of The Characters were Likable. Peter was once a very Naive & Goofy Father that cared for his Family Deep Inside but now He is a Total Jackass to Everyone & Everything around Him including his Family & Especially Meg plus He causes so much Damage around Quahog & doesn't pay the Consequences for it plus He Killed some People & doesn't even Care. Lois was a Hard House Working Wife but now She is just a Whore & used as a Space Occupier. Chris was a Dumb Weirdo (A Different Kind of Dumb from his Father Peter) but was also Likeable with Talent but now He seems like a Normal Kid with no Talent also The most Underrated Main Character of All Time. Stewie used to be an Evil Baby bent on World Domination & taking the Head of Her Mother Lois but now He is just a Jolly Gay Wad who says Random Shit at Times that's not any Funny. Meg hasn't really changed that much She is the only Character that I appreciate besides Adam West however all She is used for is being The Punching Bag of The Family & that is just Wrong. I Actually Feel Bad for Meg at Times. Now Brian is The Worst of them all, He use to be a very Calm yet sophisticated Dog & was also The Voice of Reason but He Slowly became The Most Pathetic Character in the Whole Series. Brian is now a Liberal-Douche that doesn't give two Shits about others opinions plus He is a Rude, Disrespectful, Spoiled, Selfish, Racist, Immature, Hateful, Antisemitism, Abusive, Pretentious, Cruel, Psychological Manipulative, Irresponsible & Self Centered Jerk that Dates Bimbos for there Sexy Bodies & nothing more. Quagmire used to be a Friendly Sex-Driven Man but Now He is just a Rapist with a Terrible Attitude plus He tries to have Sex with his Friends Wives. Joe used to be all about Action but Now is just so Boring, Quiet & Out of Character. Cleveland use to have a very Unique Personality but now he is just a Second Peter Griffin but not as Bad. Family Guy's Jokes use to have Wit & Creativity but now there Jokes are just plain Awful & not Funny the least bit. There Jokes Now contain Racism, Toilet Humor, Drugs, Abusive Jokes, Diseases, Making Fun of Actors & 9/11 Terrorist Attacks. Once in a While is Fine & Dandy but they Repeat these Jokes over & over again. Plus they won't stop repeating the Same Jokes over & over again that were only Funny the First Time, They never try something New. There use to be a Story or Plot in each of there Episodes but now there is just constant Cut Away Jokes that take way to Fucking Long & yet again not Funny. Plus Conway Twitty Jokes were never Funny & One of them took like Five Fucking Minutes. & even if The New Episodes have a Plot there either Ridiculous or just a Copy of an Original Family Guy Episode. I for One am getting so Fucking Sick & Tired of Stewie & Brian Episodes. Like 45% of there Episodes Feature a Stewie & Brian Episode & there just on some Gay Ass Adventure or some Shit & It's getting so Mother Fucking Old that it's not even Funny. They might as well just call it The Stewie & Brian Show! There Computer Animation is Good for The Background but they Computerize The Characters as well & that makes it look Lazy, Very Shitty & just Plain Bad. The First 3 Seasons of Family Guy were Amazing & The Golden Age of The Show also it's The True Family Guy but after it got Cancelled a Second Time, it returned but that's when it started going Downhill However Season 4 still had some Good Moments & Good Episodes. Family Guy Started turning into Shit once it reached Season 5. Original Family Guy is Awesome!!!

Family Guy (Seasons 1 to 3)- 8.5 / 10

Family Guy (Season 4)- 7.0 / 10

Family Guy (Season 5 to Current Season)- 2.0 / 10
  • Funny,Crude.

Personally, not bad! I used to not like this show, and I will say that some episodes do piss me off (the racist thing is the main thing that'll piss me off) and as of a different religion, they have enough jesus christ stuff to make it funny. They bring shitty real life and policatical issues and do what most people would only bring to light in the privacy in their homes.
  • gjkbh\dks

gooddddd
  • Good, good.

Overall the show has hardly had any downfalls, I just hate episodes where it shows parts of preformances from Mr. Conway Twitty. Is that like an inside joke or something?
  • Use to like it.

When this show came out it was to me a laugh riot. I mean I never saw a show like this. Its randomness, its clever jokes, taking pop culture and turning on its head and yes I liked the fart jokes. I was actually eager to see a new episode each week. I bought the dvds annually. I would repeat these joke on the playground every Monday at recess. I would go out of my way and have my family members tape episodes that I would miss.

Now a days I can't say that its the same show I fell in love with. You probably heard this countless times but I"m jut going to have to say it again. It has lost its magic. The lazy writing, the pointless references, the one sided political views, the dramatic change in characters, the recycled jokes, the constant references to pop culture that are flat, the need to us violence and musical numbers to fill in the space,the recycled jokes, the God Dam preaching, the anti-religious bigotry, the recycled jokes, and I must say the over all flow is kind of stale.

Truly I would rate this as one of the worst shows on tv right now for all theses reasons, I'll admit the come up with a good joke now and then but after all the other stuff. Pffffff, I say!
  • new episode ideaaaa

I Think since stewie so evil, only one person makes since to fight him. The seed of Chuckie.
  • Its true

Totally agree with therealdeal
  • Crued & Funny as hell

Great.
  • Disgraceful show!

This is the most digraceful show I've ever seen. The jokes are horrible and offensive. Seth Macfarlene is a total jerk and a Atheist. Hope he' dies in hell!
  • Can't Live Without This Show

it's one of the best show that ever aired , i can't wait for the next episode, funniest show ever
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10