Family Guy

Sunday 9:00 PM on FOX Premiered Jan 31, 1999 In Season

bluecatcinema

Family Guy Fan Reviews page 6 of 95

• That 10 is for the episodes ranging from 2000- 2005.

I am a Family guy fan. Ive always loved the show, my favorite episode was the one wear peter becomes lando griffin and stops All the kids at james woods high to stop licking toads to get high! CLassic!! But enough about me! Family guy is a show about a very disfunctional family living in a make- believe town in Rhode island. Ranging from 2000- 2005 Family guy was amazing but now, and you will probably thumb me down for this but: Family Guy (at this very moment) is at it's downfall. Yeah, I said it. It is. Family Guy Is TOTALLY falling. Its gotten WAYYYY inappropriate. "Well Thats family guy right?" Wrong. Its just not. Well al know Seth Mcfarlane can be a bit suggestive but this is just too much. Seth Has turned this show from suggestive but funny and classic laughs into a political and suggestive cess- pool. But I love the show, but like I said before: "after 2000-2005 Family guy has gone bad." I Hope seth turns this show around! I rest my case!!!
  • A once funny show is now nothing more than a sad desperate cry for attention.

Family guy used to be one of the funniest shows on tv, but now they recycle the same jokes and skits over and over and over until it actually becomes annoying. The Fox Sunday Line-up has become nothing more than a desperate attempt for Seth MacFarlane to stay on tv. What happened to good sunday shows like king of the hill and futurama. Its pretty sad when The simpsons (22+ years old) is the best show in the line up. I hope he just gives up soon so fox can make room for a new sitcoms that arent reusing the same jokes from seasons 1-3
  • Its the worst show now.

The show used to be so good in the years 2000-2005 but now it is just showing nothing but Stewie and Bryan gay show. Why is Stewie gay Do they think that for a 1 year old baby to be gay that it's funny. Because its not funny. And there is no more episodes about Peter about him being dumb. He's just a non factor in his own show. Worst show now. Just a pitiful show now. I hope they cancel this show real soon. If they don't show and bring the comedy back then this show needs to be canceled.
  • From 1999-2011, Family Guy has been on the air, and still is, as of 2011. Read further or more information.

REVIEW:

Family Guy premiered in 1999. The series was created by Seth MacFarlane. It is a hilarious series to watch, but it's losing it's original taste.

Let's start with the plot's. The plot's (most of the time) are the same. Nothing ever changes. Brian's writing, Meg's dating scene, Stewie attempting to kill lois, and much more. But, on rare occasions, we'll see something NEW, like for example, the Family Guy cartoon version of Barack Obama guest starred, something we don't often seen on television, and the episode, "New Kidney In Town", was a great episode. It had great drama, but NOT much humor. The concept of a dog giving up a life for a human was really heart warming. You have to admit, The plant coming to life in that episode is hilarious, right?, and the part where Peter was crazy from all that Red Bull while milking the cow, and then milking it so fast that the udder just catched fire, and so did Chris's legs, without pants OR underwear, that made me roll off the chair. So, Overall, the plot's are the same, but there is something NEW on RARE occasions.

Now, on to the cutaways, In almost and/or every Family Guy episode, you will see a cutaway. The cutaway's, at times, can be annoying, and sometimes to the highest degree. Sometimes, the writers TRY too hard to make them funny, but it never works, and the facts make the series decline. Like, the "FaceBook" cutaway in "And I'm Joyce Kinney" was mean. Lois posted that her Aunt Clara passed away and we're all sorry, but Joyce Kinney liked the status, MEAN. That's something to just comment saying "I'm so sorry for your loss". In the episode, "Brian and Stewie", there were apparently NO cutaways. That's good because the cutaways are getting out of hand and annoying. Overall, Cutaways were good, but are NOW kind of getting out of hand.

Now on to the "killing of the characters". WHY did Seth kill some "Family Guy" characters off the series. That was just not right, and that's why many fans have turned away from the series. As of "And Then They Were Fewer", Diane Simmons if off the series, for good, as well as Stephanie, James Woods, and some other's. If that never happened, maybe I'd give this show a 8 or 9. (Seth) That was just messed up - killed good characters of a good show. Without them, the show would decline by about 2 or half a rating. Overall, They didn't deserve to be killed off, Us fans will miss them - Well, Maybe some of us don't mind, but I doubt that.

So, there are alot MORE flaws with Family Guy, and It's losing it's taste. I've seen all season 9 episodes so far, and all except 1 or 2 were terrible. Maybe, your opinion's are different. Overall, It's a show still worth watching, but it's declining and going downhill by the episode, maybe not. Maybe we shouldn't jump to the conclusion that the series is terrible. We'll just have to wait until the writers get their creative thoughts back. The concepts are often original, and not always. Peter and Brian fighting over Lois was original (maybe not, on the series.) Lois, as of "And I'm Joyce Kinney", has been revealed of having a "dark side", Stewie confesses his love for Brian as a dog, and Meg and Chris got a chance to meet Barack Obama. Alot of things on the show are good, but MOST of the time, there are bad things.

So, It's going downhill, losing it's drama, cutaways are getting annoying, and alot more flaws, but we'll just have to tune it to see of - Maybe, they'll get their thoughts back and bring the show back to the classic times of seasons 1-3 or 4. There is a chance - the old "Family Guy" taste WILL be back, but as of now, It's getting bad by the episode. It's terrible.

Overall Rating: 6.0-7.5

Thank you for reading.
  • Was great when it first started, but now they're not even trying anymore.

Family Guy is another one of those shows everyone's heard of. Like The Simpsons, whether or not they liked it, they've heard of it. After the first 3 seasons, the show was cancelled, but successful DVD sales eventually brought it back, making the series the first time any show was brought back this way. But after the 4th season... well... like with SpongeBob, The Simpsons and The Fairly Odd Parents, the show simply just lost its way and with Season 10 coming up, you'd think this show would have been cancelled again ages ago.

The main plot focuses on a dysfunctional family living in Quahog, Rhode Island, consisting of Peter and Lois (the parents), and Meg, Chris and Stewie (the children), along with an anthropomorphic pet dog, Brian. Of course, it echoes The Simpsons (minus the talking dog part), but at the time, that was only a minor complaint. Or possibly a major complaint if you think Family Guy was just a simple cash-in by FOX.

First problem, the humour. It used to consist of simple cutaway gags that never hurt anyone. Now they're not as amusing and are hit-and-miss (mostly miss). Some of the jokes are repeated and recycled from older episodes too. And don't get me started on the Conway Twitty gags and the random Chicken fights...

Second, the characters. Like The Simpsons, they have been flanderized to beyond the point of recognition. Peter was turned from a goofy and widly funny fat man who truly cared about his family (like Homer Simpson) to an arrogant jerkass. Brian used to be an incredibly witty dog who had a crush on Lois. Now he's simply an author avatar for Seth MacFalarne to spew his political views. Stewie has changed the most, from being an intelligent baby seeking world domination into a long-overdone gay joke. It seems that everyone (except Quagmire and Joe) have stayed the same. Why's that?

The vitrol for Meg in the show astounds me. She's treated as if she is a monster, not an average teenage girl. Her family treats her like crap (further expanding on the rampid flanderization with the characters) and her school is no better. No wonder the fans think she's The Woobie.

Family Guy was good while it lasted and I enjoyed it's run. But now it's time for it to be put to rest. Watch the first 4 seasons and just skip the others.
  • It's like Simpsons only not as funny or original.

5.9
    Family Guy started as a Simpsons clone but it has since surpassed that shows popularity in recent years and has been brought back to life after cancellation thanks to millions of sales on the DVD market. My question is, why? This show is highly unoriginal considering it is an obvious clone of better shows such as the already mentioned Simpsons and King of the Hill. The only thing that this show does differently is that it is more ludicrous, more sacrilegious, more poorly written and more offensive to more people than both other shows combined. Why should we praise a show for that? It is insulting, crude and, to top it off, not very funny. This is especially true of the recent episodes after the show was resurrected. I know some hard-core fans of this show and even they weren't very impressed with the past few episodes. I just wish this show would die and stay that way.
  • The comedy gets old.

5.5
    I used to think Family Guy was an okay show until I watched more than just one episode. Now I think it is an annoying cartoon with tired jokes and forced comedy. The stupid stuttering from the characters to make it seem like real human vocabulary is annoying and already been done. If they think they are smart with this, they are wrong. I also do not like the stupid pauses. Yeah, we get that you are trying to be different, but give it a rest Family Guy. Overall, this show is really annoying and it has run its course. Thank you.
  • I can see why so many people love it, and I can see why so many people hate it.

This is definitely a show that's for those who like parodies, drunk, sexual, offensive, and violent humor. I have no exact favorite, but Peter and Stewie are on the top duking it out.

The first season was good for warming-up. None of the episodes were classics, but they were funny nontheless.

The second and third seasons were without a doubt the best. Almost no episodes were unforgettable, and the ones that are still had the humor from the first season.

Season 4 was about as decent as season 1, but not any lower than that. It was a comeback after they were cancelled, so it was another warm-up. At least this season had a few classic episodes.

Season 5 and on I lost interest in. The fifth season had some good ones, I won't lie; however, some were just so boring that I actually changed the channel.

So yeah, it'll entertain you somehow, but if you wish to get the good laughs, I recommend seasons 2-3 and if you love it, seasons 1 and 4, and if you STILL love it, check out the other seasons.

TMT
  • used to be my favorite TV show.... But season seven ruined it.

Family guy is exceptionally hilarious. the jokes are usually all funny, the characters are fantastic. so basically season 1-4 was fantastic.season 5-6 was good. and season seven is really [ no offense] really bad. All the episodes there kind of ruined the reputation family guy used to have. this is a bad sign to season 8 and further seasons. Somehow its pretty weird. the simpsons went downhill like 9 years ago, and gradually stayed that way. But family guy suddenly went downhill and is continuing to look that way. i think seth has really shown he does not have the talent anymore.

so anyway i loved season 1-4, absolutely adored it. season 5-6 was not bad, had some terrific episode i will always remember.... and im not going to mention anyway about season seven.

so highly recommended and recommended in seasons 1-4 seasons 5-6. but please... i think season seven is a huge letdown.
  • Going down hill!

A year ago, I would have given Family Guy a much higher rating! This past season has begun to get boring. I don't know if the writers have run out of storylines or what, but the episodes this season seem to include way too much filler (for example: song and dance numbers that last over 4 minutes). I've found myself fast-forwarding through more and more of each episode, being bored with what I see. I had been glad that it was "renewed/under contract" until 2012, but now, I'm worried that we'll be stuck in a rut with a show that's going nowhere!
  • Great show but starting to lose it's touch

Used to be one of the best animated shows on TV. In fact used to be one of the best shows on TV. However, recently Family Guy has deteriorated quite severely in quality. Ever since the airing of "The Juice Is Loose" (including the fore mentioned episode), this show has shown signs of lack of ideas and severe character changes that seem out of character when compared with older episodes. I am talking mainly about two characters in particular. Firstly, Peter has become suddenly less stupid than he used to be and Stewie has developed an uninvited homosexual side to him that just isn't funny. I recently watched seasons 1 through 3 and was almost in stitches at Stewie's attempts at world domination and ,of course, trying to kill Lois, and Peter's insane levels of stupidity. This has resulted in me (and I'm sure i'm not the only fan who feels this way) feeling that Family Guy is running out of ideas which isn't a good sign considering it's only in it's seventh season. However, the first episode of season 8 sounds like it has the potential to turn my views around as I thought Blue Harvest was one of the best episodes they've done and another Star Wars parody would be great.
  • Reasons why family guy is going downhill fast.

Family Guy used to make me fall out of my chair laughing, but the last 6 or so episodes have been horrible. Not funny at all and it looks like there relying on old jokes like Brian's Novel repeatedly. There are way to many songs like in 420, which had to be the worse episode ever. It's really sad that this once great show has gone this far downhill. Maybe the new star wars episodes will give the show a boost but the way its going I wouldn't be surprised if it got the hook within the next year or so. Which is really sad because it was at the top and now its like they don't even care. At the end of last season I would have gave them a 10 now I'm struggling to give them a five. dcd
  • It's not what it used to be.

I will always watch family guy, but i won't always find it funny. This show has gone downhill lately and it seems as if none of the creators or writers care anymore. It really might be written by manatees. All of the subtlety of the characterization has been lost. Stewie is the prime example of this, no longer the hilarious genius who dreamed of world domination, he is now a one dimensional gay joke. Old jokes are reused time and time again. Possibly the worst example of this is when they used the Cleveland bath tub gab after he had left the show.
    When they cant think of a way to reuse a joke or make a reference to Brian's novel they fill it with long unfunny filler to make up time.

Basically the family guy i grew up watching and loving is not what is being made now, and this upsets me. It was one of my all time favourite shows now i barely laugh.
  • A terrible show.

I'm sorry to all the Family Guy fans out there, but this show is terrible. I will admit that Stewie is a funny character, but apart from him, this show is racist and immature and stupid, and just not funny at all. My brother absolutely loves this show, but I do not see why, it is one of the stupidest and most pointless shows I have ever seen. I think it probably started as another "Simpsons" but it will never be as good as The Simpsons, ever. This show is really not appropriate for kids either, yet it is on at 4pm most days. It's just so racist, and ridiculous. Sorry to anyone who loves this show, but that's just my opinion, this show is terrible.
  • What was once a hilarious show, is now a wreck.

4.5
    I've watched Family Guy for years finding it hilarious with clever jokes and funny flashbacks Peter always says he has. But after the Season 4 or 5, this show went to hell bringing down its whole charm. Stewie used to be funny with world domination at his fingertips. He doesn't do any world dominating anymore. I mean, he does some in the newer episodes (Louis Kills Stewie and Stewie kills Louis), but now, he just travels on all these adventures with Brian. In one episode, they travel back in time to a war period. And then in one episode, they travel to different universes. Then in one episode, they go on a spy misson to disable a rocket missle. Then in one episode, they try to get Stewies stuffed animal back and so on and so on. Who is writing this bulls*** anyways? This show never even makes sense anymore. I mean, the whole point of the show is to be random, but the older episodes at least had a proven point trying to be givin. Seth M. is starting to lose it. This monster that was once a hilarious adult cartoon has turned into a nightmare. Althought, I must say, I won't ever stop watching this show. It isn't very good at all anymore, but I've been watching this show for years, and maybe someday it will improve back to normal again. And there are a couple good jokes in this show. But it tends to repeat itself a little too much. The Cleveland and the bathtub rotinue like a user said is getting boring. They even did the joke when Cleveland didn't live there anymore.

Family Guy is a decent show which has seemed to drop down over the years. Maybe it will get better.
  • Had promise once upon a time, but now....

This show is awful. The first few seasons were okay and there was a lot of potential for it to be a good show. But then, after it was cancelled and brought back, it was like no one was trying anymore. The jokes are stupid and mean-spirited, the writers totally misunderstand the point of pop-culture references (when used, they should be used RARELY and they have to actually make sense in terms of the story), and all of the characters are either flat, boring, or just generally unlikable. And there's nothing wrong with a little offensive humor, if it's well written, but on this show... it's just like the writers are more interested in pushing people's buttons than doing quality writing.

Bottom line, Family Guy had promise, but then ruined it with lazy writing. My advice, watch the SImpsons. At least they had the courtesy to give us at least 10 seasons of good, well-written episodes.
  • Time to get this review over with!

2.5
    Meet Family Guy. One of the most obnoxious, offensive TV shows up to date. This whole show is offensive. Such examples include it making fun of Mexicans, Christians, blacks, Asians, and other races and religions. Surprisingly, people laugh at some of the dry, racist jokes. I'm not surprised considering a large chunk of the viewers for Family Guy are grown men who sit on their ass all day, 10 year old boys who haven't hit puberty yet, kids who watch the show and don't even get any of the jokes, and a good amount of teenage girls who laugh at any sexual joke the show provides. Speaking of sexual jokes, this show is bashed with dirty jokes. Other than that, the jokes are when Peter has a flashback. "Remember the time I....", "I remember the time that I went to Paris with Jackie Chan" All the creators have to do is take a celebrity and a place, and have Peter there. A 7 year old could write the storyline. (Watch the episode "Cartoon Wars Part 2 from the TV show South Park for a Family Guy bit.) The only other jokes than that is Peter hurting himself in violent, bloody ways. It will be funny every now and then, but it gets old after a while. Another huge factor of family guy that is really f***ed up, is the show LOVES to repeat the jokes OVER and OVER again. Heck, some of the jokes last for up to 4 minutes at a time. A little old huh? Most of the time, the story to the episode makes no sense at all. They just take a bunch of random Peter flashbacks for 13 minutes of the episode and have the other 7 just the lame pathetic storyline that the low-life Seth M. makes up with his spare time. (Not like he has any spare time. He does American Dad, The Cleveland Show, and Family Guy. He owns Animation Domination.) The characters are crap. What's so funny about a depressed girl who is always getting teased at school or a overweight kid who knows nothing at all? Peter is a copy off of Homer except he is way stupider and doesn't have the 1 of a kind traits of Homer. Louis isn't funny, Brian is just normal, and Stewie's happy-go-lucky world domination adventures get stale quick. All the other characters are crap. Quagmire is pretty funny I'll admit. Joe isn't funny at all, Mort ISN'T funny! Jewish jokes from Seth again. What a douche. There are a couple other characters that are decent, but are mainly repeated in every episode making them go boring and dull.

Overall, Family Guy is a show that trys to be funny, but ends up going over the wire. The earlier episodes are ok I must admit. If you are looking for an edgy show like this, WATCH SOUTH PARK. It does the bad racist stuff in a funny way. Unlike Family Guy where they just automatically attack black people and other races.

P.S. - I'm not black, jewish, ect. I just know that the stuff Family Guy will do would offend A LOT of people.
  • Was an excellent show, but starting to go downhill

This show is a true gem to me, at least the first 3 season were. They were some of the sharpest writing of comedy and was able to hold a candle next to the simpsons and south park. However, the show took into a significant downturn after it's revival from cancellation. They began to focus far less on plots and more on "how many cutaways gags can we fit in one episode?" And, while it was ok at first they began to become unfunny and soon began to ruin the show. While it doesn't destory it, it undenibly cuts into the quality of it. Also, the characters began to change. Stewie became homo Brian became an A-hole, Peter retarted, etc. I believe these changes are ruining the show, as the newest season 8 was barely watchable as it was mostly racist, religious and other hate jokes. However, I give the show a 7, because of the first 3 seasons. They were absolutly flawless. They had great writing, kept you on the edge of your seat, and just plain funny. If the show were more like these seasons, it would earn a 10 from me, but the newer ones earn about a 4, so I have to keep the score averaged out. So watch any episode from the first 3 seasons, you won't stop laughing I gurantee it. But, I would only watch certain episodes from later seasons as many them are offensive and terribly unfunny. 7/10 C-
  • South park is right about this show.

Family guy once had an appeal in the first three seasons but now it doesn't(Inever liked it). The cut aways are stupied they say remember the time i punched myself in the ball$ and it rolls a pointless clip in the earlier seasons the cut aways they still sucked but there wasnt as many, but now its ridiclulous and they drag on long enough to the point were it just plain boring and the majority of the time their just time fillers. People say seth macfarlane is a genus but hes not hes an a$$hole, in family guy they constantly reuse jokes up untill the point where its not even remotely funny theve had 3 chicken fights, cleveland fallen out of that bath tub like what ten times sure these kinds of things can be funny the first and second time but really come on. Then theres the cleveland show which is just terrible I saw and episode and cleveland said ive fallen out of that bath tub more times then it could possibly be funny so its aware of it so why are they still doing it? And also theve done the bird is the word joke thats just plain annoying and unfunny and theve had to have conway twitty for 3 minutes im dead serious some boring a$$ country singer just to fill up the episode thats just pathetic have you ever seen any other show that had to use time fillers and reuse jokes and use conway twitty?!! Seth isnt a smart guy thats a great cartoonist hes a dumb Pr!c& that is just in it for the money ask yourself this would a real cartoonist do all these mistakes that ive mentioned to you. Do you see matt and trey do this or matt greoning NOOOOOOO you wanna know why because there actully creative and funny and have talent. heres a list of shows better than family guy:
    aqua teen hunger force
    futurama
    south park
    the simpsons archer
    and thats just nameing a few
    family guy isnt funny sure it has some good but its so overrated. the cleveland show is just pathetic and terrible. and robot chicken is basically just grown men playing with dolls for 15 minutes. so that my review sorry its so long but i think i got my point across.
  • Still decent, but not great

Many will rant that the show sucks and you might expect a cynical individual such as myself to do so as well. Well I can't honestly do that. Compared to other shows that have lost their quality, (ie Spongebob) Family Guy, while it may not always be funny, is still watchable.

The show follows the same goal as "The Simpsons" - to tear the concept of a nuclear family to shreds. Which is fine.

The show I thank for making me laugh my arse off. I was introduced to the series at a relatively innapropriate grade - 4th grade, which may not be too uncommon. The difference is that i'm not like Redneck children, I don't imitate what I see on TV. My favorite seasons are really the first two along with a bit of the third. This was my favorite show for a relative time, and I was extatic when hearing it was returning.

I'm not sure if it's just me, but it just seemed different to me when it did return. I wonder if it's just me because it returned from production after 2-4 years and that always feels weird to me!

I now can say with great integrity that the series is in fact not what it used to be. The show seems desperate for jokes and uses many overused material again and again. Not to say that there isn't a good episode here and there.

However, unlike before, it is ripping everything FOX stands for a new one like never before and that I can't be mad at. They don't care, as it's all about money even if it's at their expense! The show at times has valid points to make surprisingly enough...

So, while I don't believe the series is very good anymore; I still believe that it isn't the worst thing on TV these days and at least deserves a 6/10
  • I LOVE FAMILY GUY!

Ok so this may not be my FAVOURITE show but I still love it! The only reason I rated it a 9.5 is because it's like peter isn't even the main character anymore. They almost only ever show stewie and brian. But anyway, the show is hillarious and defently unique (am i the only one who notices this?) I haven't saw another show in my life with an evil talking baby who plans to destroy the world lol :D Overall, Family guy is defently one of my favourite shows but it doesn't come close to Spongebob Squarpants, which is, and will always be my favourite show. But still, this is about family guy, and don't worry, I lovveeeee family guy too
  • Cool!

This is by far the greatest show ever! It is so funny, I could wet myself. Every single time I watch it, I blow up laughing. All the characters are really funny. It is a funny and cool show. My favorite character is Stewie because he may be a baby, but he is a evil genius. Why doesn`t Louis understand that Stewie wants to kill her? She is wrong if she thinks Stewie is just a little baby. He will probably kill her sooner or later. To me, Family Guy is the show with one laugh after another.It is amazing!
  • Lucky there's a Family Guy!

Ok, now I can't say I've been a fan of Family guy since it's start, but since I was only 5, that would be a lie. I started watching it, when it went into sydication and was on everyday, after I got home from School. Now since Family Guy started, It's gotten better and worse.

The animation is AMAZING. It's very well done, but the storylines most resently have been lacking. in the last 2 or 3 seasons, it seems like Peter get maybe 2-3 storylines, Lois gets 1-2, Chris gets 0-1, Meg gets 1-2, and then Brian and Stewie get all the rest. So my hope for season 10 is that they'll stop with all the time machine episodes, the "Road to..." episodes. I love this show, don't get me wrong, but last I checked this is called "Family Guy" not "Family Dog and his Evil Homoerotic Baby Sidekick."

But I do have faith season 10 will be better. I saw the sneak peek of the season they showed at comicon, and it looked really promising!
  • It sucks.

0.1
    There's a lot to say for the Moral Fabric decay of society, highlighted by crap like this, but let's avoid that. Let's just look at the show. It sucks. It's as simple as that. The only thing more idiotic then replacing TV Tome with this website, is that this embarrasment is atop the Favorite TV shows list. It's a shame it won't allow me to give this show a 0.0
  • I don't get it. Why this mediocre show is so appreciated?! Well, I guess it's because of we live in a mediocre world.

Power To The Masses. And the masses like it simple. with illustration for every joke. no subtext, no complex realife message. just straightforward no sense (not nonsense, god forbid).
    Power To The Masses
  • Hey family guys on... well thats one thing to turn around a bad day.

Family guy is the one show i look forward to watching every week. It makes me laugh every time, yea the jokes can be offending but thats one of the things that make it so good. I can watch a the same episode over and over again and still find it funny. Family guy is the kind of a show that you watch and then cant wait to talk and laugh with your buddies about the jokes.

Family guy is definatly the number one animated show on television. The simpsons do not rule any longer. :) - - -
  • First three-four seasons were genuis, but the new season looks like something Seth McFarlene spat out.

>.>

Don't get me wrong. I love Family Guy. I memorized everyline from all the old episodes...

but now it's just... it's not funny. It seems like he's not even trying.

The jokes just aren't as shocking as they were... If you want to compare it to American Dad, American Dad is defintally better than the new Family Guy.

I'm sorry Seth, don't do two shows at once; it's a lot of work.
  • One of the greatest animated shows to grace TV since The Simpsons and Family Guy.

Family Guy is a great show, known for its flashbacks and tongue-in-cheek humor. The show was so great that it was brought back to TV after years of it being cancelled, due to the phenomenal DVD sales and ratings on Cartoon Network's Adult Swim. I myself have seen every episode of Family Guy, and it is a really great show.

Another thing that makes the show so great is the music. The music itself is done by Walter Murphy, and there are a number of singing sections, often written and sung by Seth MacFarlane, the very talented creator of Family Guy. Songs such as "You've Got A Lot To See", "So Awfully Different", and "Road to Rhode Island" will be remembered by many for years to come.

The characters themselves are very memorable as well, and each character has their own personality, from Peter the drunken idiot to Quagmire the horny sex addict to Stewie the genius baby who plans to take over the world. Family Guy beats out The Simpsons and Futurama on my list as the best animated television show ever.
  • One of the best shows ever to hit fox never. They should never have cancled it but now that its back. I can laugh every sunday while wathing something besides the simpons on fox. This show is orginal and trys something new each time.I just love this show

One of the best shows ever to hit fox never. They should never have cancled it but now that its back. I can laugh every sunday while wathing something besides the simpons on fox. This show is orginal and trys something new each time. The best part is Peter who just is to stupid for his own good.hile wathing something besides the simpons on fox.
  • I'd like to write a review, but all the haters would probably bag me out. I know, and I agree, the old stuff is better than the new stuff, but so what? Why should that change how you really feel about Family Guy?

I'm in no position to defend Seth McFarlane and he wouldn't care what you say about him either way because Fox still runs his show and that's that. Obviously it rates well enough, even with the odd swing and a miss, but I like it. I will always like it, that is what it's like when you truly find something you like forever. You wade through all the political, racist, anti relgion stuff...well that doesn't leave a lot left, but who cares?, I still like it! Since season 1 I've watched everything the creators of this show have put out. They're trying it cater to the widest audience possible, that's why there are bad episodes every now and again. It is your choice, like it or not. I know where I stand, and if I ever meet Mr McFarlane one day at least I can say to him without any second thoughts that I love Family Guy!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10