Family Guy

Sunday 9:00 PM on FOX Premiered Jan 31, 1999 In Season

bluecatcinema

Family Guy Fan Reviews page 88 of 96

• Simple Family Guy is its own type of comedy

When I first saw Family Guy I thought it be like one of those washed up shows that you would see on at like 2 oclock in the morning, but as you watch it more you'll see that it has its own sense of funny at one time too funny it got offensive and banned, as we all know family Guy makes fun of everything you could think of for example Breakfast club and cereal mascotts,political people and strippers,Rock Stars and Rap artists,Celeberties and other Tv shows, most importantly alot races in the world Seth and the others can truely make us laugh with there amazing voices, its like you wake up and hear Peters laugh to Megs constant nagging of her teenage life or hearing Stewie say "victory is mine!!"

One Phrase to describe this show
    Freaking Awsome!!!!
  • Is it funny,witty,fast paced,inapropriate for minors,or just plain hilarious?The answer is,all of the above!Family Guy is a show for people with time on their hands to spend some quality time with the wee ones(considering the wee ones are at least 13).

If there is a show out there better than this one(and I will NOT take American Dad for an answer),then I would like an update please.From Peter's pea sized brain to Stewie's goal for world domination to Lowis's lessons of life that no one pays any attention to,Family Guy is a must see for anyone who says there's nothing on.
  • FUNNY,JUST HILIAROUS!

Wat do u get when u combine our old classic movies, and our classic shows? This! It is by far one of the best shows EVER! I know this guy who doesn\'t even think that Chris is funny! I was all like WTF!?! And I told him to screw his self! Anayway, GREAT, FUNNY, AND CLASSIC SHOW! GOD I think i need a break!
  • The new stuff is perfect

Besides standup, im also a fan of quick witty and very unorthodox humor. Such as peter griffons inconsistant muttering and funny punchlines. The supporting cast such as Stewie and Brian are perfect mixes and its very easy to personally get attached to any of the characters. All of the cast are easy to follow and understand, and even if you dont watch the show very often, youll quickly pick up on where anybody in the family stnds, and their freinds. Such as Glen Quagmyre, the classic male slut with commitment issues. And also has the hots for Lois. CONFLICT.
  • Family Guy has and will always be the funniest cartoon ever made. The jokes are always fresh and hilarious this is the only show where i actually laugh out loud while watching it.

If youve never seen family guy then go watch it channel 36 sunday at 10:00 or old episodes on channel 44 every night at 10:00.This show has the funniest jokes on TV what other show has a fat guy that trips and hits his knee then goes ahhhhhh hhhhhh aaaaaa hhhhhh for half a minute. The old episodes are hilarious but the new ones are instant classics.
  • This show is the best show on television!

Family Guy these words say something. That this show beats South Park. I love this show and It should be a classic for generations to come.

This show is about Peter Griffin and his family as they try to get past situations In a very funny way!

The Characters are absolutely Hilarious.

The Story is Great

And Most Of All This Show Is Great!

If You're Old Enough And can Handle the bad words, sexual content and Innuendo.

Then Watch this Show!
  • The funniest show on the planet has to be hands down Family Guy! The show is based on an abnormal family and their friends set in peaceful town of Quahog. Halarious flash-backs and unthinkable quotes/sayings, this show is garenteed to make you laugh no ma

Character Overview:
    (Main Characters)
    *Peter - the man of the house and star of the show. Peter would be known as the village idiot and is the kind of person that says something terrible but with good intentions.

*Lois - The wife of Peter and the enforcer, Lois is a kind mother and is the normal one out of the bunch. However, as you see throughout the show, she has a BIG wild and open side to her.

*Chris - The oldest child of the family and not the smartest kid on the block. Chris is a VERY strange kid with a high annoying voice. He gets himself in the weirdest situations and will be sure to make you laugh on how bizare he is. I forgot to mention that he has an evil monkey in his room that always points at him.

*Meg - Meg is the middle child and only girl in the family (for kids). She is the teenager who wants to fit in but no matter what she does, she cant, and is always embarrased by her family and their ways. She gets picked on majorly by how ugly she appears, however, big laughs come out of this.

*Stewie - The baby of the family. Don't get confused however, Stewie is the smartest out of the whole bunch and keeps trying to plan the death of his mother (Lois). Stewies plots and plans through this show along with his hilarious quotes and sayings will for sure be your character favorite.

*Brian - The last member of this family, isn't a human. Brian is an adopted dog of the family and is quite intelligent also. He is probably the most normal out of the family and acts more like a human the a dog. However, his instincts have came over him a few times. Can't forget to mention he is an alcholic.

Hope my review alone with convience you to give this show a shot, you will defintally get a few laughs along the way. All 3 seasons are now out on DVD and the 4th is now airing on FOX network, Sundays.
  • funniest thing if you want stupid humour

such an incredible show its so entertaining especially when trying to avoid doing work. The show is entertaining on another level that you wouldnt expect. It brings both common crude humour but also has some level of intellectual humour which gives it wide appeal. Its too bad not everyone can enjoy it because they are too close minded about the things people make fun of them and become uptight little b*****es, but thats the world for you.
  • Love it I love it alot!

The best show ever I want this to go on,on,on,on,on,on,on never ending show!I hope this never gets off air because I luv it Family is one of my personal favs.Yeah and anyone who thinks this show sucks well you don't know what your missing it is mad funny.Right now I hope it stays that way because I love it all the way anyway I have nothing so just watch the show and you'll no what I mean. :)
  • Hilarious show that goes deeper than you'd think

Absolutely fantastic show. If you like the Simpsons or South Park, there's no reason why you shouldn't watch this show. While it has its share of fart jokes, it also makes many references to obscure pop culture that just make you laugh out loud. So many times, the show makes a joke that is unexpected, but perfect for the scene. It toes the line on some of its material (not that I have a problem with that, of course!), but generally stays in good taste. All in all, the funniest show on TV now.
  • It's story of a family man peter griffin, wife Lois, 2 kids meg and chris, stewie whose sole purpose is to kill lois and take over the world, and brian the talking dog.

this show is arguably the best show because they take comedy a whole new level. also in this season we get know the charcters a whole lot better like Peter is a freakin retard. Unlike the simpsons the directors show how they feel aboutr certain celebs and people. finally they bring back the chicken fight from the new year\'s episode which making it an instant classic.
  • This is my favorite show.

I am glad its back, because I was getting tired of seeing reruns on adult swim.This show is funny and i am glad to see it is doing well.The new family guy is funny and the jokes are just as sick as the older ones. I can not wait for sundays episode.
  • This show is freakin' sweet! It has so much randomness and everything, I can't wait for next weeks new episode. Even the re-runs stilll give a good laugh!

I mean, theres a talking dog and a baby that wants to kill his mother! What more do you want! This show is great!
  • Amazing show with random (and the funniest) jokes that keep you going the whole show. Never grows old.

Amazing show with random (and the funniest) jokes that keep you going the whole show. Never grows old. I own all the seasons and they never get tiring. Amazing characters, the funniest lines : "Why do women have boobs? So you got something to look at while you're talkin' to 'em", and non-stop humor, with some of it being obvious spoofs.
  • A show with smarts, humor, and more; Family Guy will easily be one of the most influential shows in history.

In the late 90's, Seth MacFarlane's creating genius came to life with Family Guy. Surviving three seasons on Fox, it was seen to be extremely edgy and fast-paced comedy. Fox, for some reason, decides to pull the plug on the operation... not knowing what was to come in the future. Now, in 2005, the show is reborn, thanks to a huge fan following and outrageous DVD sales. If only Fox could have seen the future... but hey, Family Guy was able to do what no other show has EVER done... be un-cancelled. Not resumed with a different format, but simply un-cancelled. The show essentially picks right up where it was left off years ago and continues to be exactly what it was. If only Futurama could do the same. I easily see Family Guy outliving The Simpsons, if Seth can keep the show fresh. I truely am surprised that 'that other show' seems to stay on the air. Completely unoriginal now, and no longer what it was to America, Family Guy is easily taking the place of what The Simpsons did early in the 90s.

It will be interesting to see and follow the two shows as they continue to run.
  • This is a great series. It is funny and comical.

I recomend watching this series. It beggins with a stupid guy named petter, and his family. Chris his oldest son. Meg, petters daughter. Stewie, petters second son. and Lois petters wife. Chris is just as stupid as petter, and Meg is just like her mom. Stewie wants world domination and a dead Lois. The series goes on with wierd things but funny things happening to his family.
  • Finally, Fox does something that makes sense.

We all danced at my house when we found out that Fox wisened up and renewed this show. I didn't watch the first few seasons when they originally ran. We became addicted when [adult swim] started airing it. Now we have to have our Stewie/Brian fix on a regular basis.

THANKS FOX AND [adult swim]
  • Most awesome Comedy show ever

are you very religious, hate discrimination, and can't stand when someone makes fun of your country? well if that describes you do not watch this show. Family Guy is a hilarious comsedy where Peter and his Family try to make it through everyday life while avoiding Peter's idiotic mistakes. Brian is a brilliant dog, Meg is the ugly duckling, Chris is well dumb, Stewie is an evil genius and Lois is just lois. Also there are many more hilarious characters you'll meet so Go watch it!!
  • A show that I used to like... Then everybody else liked it, and I had to hear every bad Peter Griffin impression and every misquote, then I watched it again and saw how bad it really is. This show is absolutely horrible.

0.9
    When this show first came out, no one knew about it. It got scratched from FOX and was picked up by TBS. That's when I became a fan. After that, it went to Cartoon Network. THEN people found out about it. After that, it was Cartoon Network and TBS. Even later than that, it was on all three. Now everybody knows about it. They talk about it constantly like it's the greatest thing on planet Earth. They recite their favorite quotes (or at least they try), decorated with their own crappy Peter Griffin impressions.

I used to like this show. I used to think it was in contension with "The Simpsons" in my book. Now this is one of my two least favorite shows. It's running very close with "American Dad!" as my least favorite show.

You know what else I hate about Family Guy? Seth MacFarlane. This jerk is possibly the worst voice actor of all time. Any more than his original five are all repetitive and annoying. The voice of Stewie isn't bad, for example. But when the ego of this guy goes for all of the additional voices on the show, then it gets tiresome. When watching the show, I kept getting bothered by how many voices Seth does, and how similar they all are. Then I came up with a creative solution: stop watching the show.

This show is over-rated. I wish I could go back in time and prevent this show from ever being aired, because I am tired of all of the stupid Family Guy posers. It's all of you who made this the worst show in history. You all get on the bandwagon and act like it's the greatest thing to ever happen to your lives. Thanks for ruining this show for me, jerks.
  • If you've never watched Family Guy, You didn't see anything!

The first time I watched Family Guy I thought I was gonna die of laughter. After A while I bought the first DVD and then soon bought season 3. Once the new season I came out I recorded all of them. I had to own them all. The best thing about Family Guy is the random things. If your someone who actually likes plots to shows this isn't the show for you. Family guy can take anything and make it funny. Watch Family Guy Sunday nights at 9:00pm on FOX or 11"30pm on Cartoon Network!
  • Family guy is 'frikin sweet"

wow. this show is crazy. The plots are absolutly weird, and all but kinda funny. i'm really glad they brought this shwo back. I LOVE stewie. he's such a confused dude. my favorite episode is the one where Peter realises that he's retarded, and the one were Chris is a witness to a bank robbery.
  • This show is freaking awesome!

Everybody neeeeeeeeeeeeds to watch this show is totally addicting and so wrong sometimes making it MY guilty pleasure! So everybody watch this show and be reday to get addicted. I love all the characters who (obviously) aren't perfect I love the surreality of it all and the storylines are fricking hilarious!!!!!
  • Still entertaining but it's jumped the shark.

Family Guy was one of the most cutting edge cartoons when it came out. The show combined ultra-obscure pop culture references with two scoops of crudeness. It was a great combination. The show had incredible pacing and let the jokes sit just long enough to make their point. It was a major change from the other classic cartoon - The Simpsons - in that it slapped you in the face with its jokes. Either they were painfully obvious (and funny) or so obscure that you had no idea what they were talking about. Family Guy killed the idea of subtlety and with it brought in the new wave of over-the-top humour.

As the story goes, Fox played musical chairs with the show that eventually killed its original viewership. DVDs bring it back and now we're left with the warning of "be careful what you wish for."

I'm fully aware that some of the new episodes were written before the series was cancelled, but the new episodes are largely lacklustre. It used to be that there was one joke that stuck in my mind after watching the episode and it kept me laughing for days. The same thing still happens, but now it's because a joke went on too long and killed the episode for me. The fourth season has something of a story arch for Cleaveland which may well provide some quality, but the writing doesn't seem as crisp as it once was.

If there's a story arch about Stewie being gay I'll rate the show as a five. I just don't find the gay intonations interesting or original (see: Klinger). Unfortunately, a lot of people will eat it up with "OMG! Stewie + teh ghey = teh funnay" It's been done. It was funny the first time. Please, Family Guy, don't take the obvious route.
  • Absolutely superb...

This show is superb. Well written scripts, excellent diversity in characters and new jokes every week, how can anybody fail to enjoy this very funny cartoon.

Admittedly, there are some jokes made that make me think "dodgy", but it is the fact that it is purely for comedy value that makes this show easy to watch. If I thought for one second that this show was racist or sexist-for anything other than comedy-in any way, shape, or form, then there is no way that I would watch it.

It's refreshing to know that there are some people out there who can write original material. Most shows nowadays are rip-offs of others and flop completely. Others run for too long, The Simpsons for example, and start to not be funny any more, as the writers are fresh out of new ideas.

If you don't want to watch Family Guy because you feel insulted by it, then don't watch it. But try to remember that there is no malice behind what is, in the simplest sense, a comic cartoon...

I also find it interesting to note that those who do not like this show, and post reviews about it on this website can't spell either.....
  • Family Guy is one of the funniest shows I have ever seen. It is always exciting to watch a new episode just knowing your going to be laughing your head off.

Family Guy is one of the funniest shows I have ever seen. It is always exciting to watch a new episode just knowing your going to be laughing your head off. I don't think there is any way to make this show any better. I hope that new episodes will continue.
  • Family Guy is a fun show, but it's definitely still a cartoon. It's smart at times and bounces around with references as much as Gilmore Girls. Aside from some greate satire and some laughs, there's not much substance to the show. It's a time killer.

I discovered Family Guy a few years back in the dorms. It's a fun shows, and for a TV buff it's a must see. People less than 20 years old will be more apt to like this than older generations, but the 30 and over generation may find it funny too.

The show is basically a time killer, and I use it to fill gaps in the summer viewing season usually. It definitely has its moments and a lot of inside jokes in it (the chicken, soviet russia, et), but I find some of the episodes uneven. The latest season (the return from hiatus) has proven a bit better than previous seasons, but some episodes I barely crack a smile, and others I'm rolling on the floor. Stewie is probably one of the best characters on television.

In short, the show is fun to watch, but not something I would go out of my way to see. I use it to fill gaps in summer viewing, and as a break from studying. I don't even remember when it airs most of the time.
  • unstoppable!

cancelled in its prime?!? what were they thinking? now they're back! resurrected! reanimated! and the new season is on a "freakin'" roll. if you haven't already, you must give this show a chance. i'm confident that there's something for just about everyone to appreciate in this show. but if you're easily offended maybe ya better stick with american idol.

uh ohhhh!
  • Network neglect

The fact that the most popular show was cancelled is proof that US TV-networks are driven by anyone but experts. It's a shame how some of these large network executives somehow manage to keep their jobs although they should clearly be sacked.

These people and how they work is a joke, but alas the joke's on us - the viewers. It is my firm hope that they will listen more to homepages like tv.com in order to get their own set tuned into what is hot and what is not.
  • Ba da ba ba ba Im lovin it!

Ba da ba ba ba Im lovin it! I love this show more than chicken mcnuggets! and i certainly love the chicken mcnugget! WHO DOESNT THOUGH!!! If Ronald McDonald was real, he would say "Family Guy is better than anything McDonalds has to offer! Im going to be the new Family Guy Spokesman!!"
  • This is the best show!

Family Guy is one of the funniest shows I have ever seen. I just recently started watching this show on Adult Swim and began watching this new season. I was surprised to discover it was freakin’ hilarious. I liked it so much I went and bought the third season on DVD after seeing some of those episodes on TBS and on Cartoon Network. I like the way they drag out things for minutes, such as in the episode 2-20 “Wasted Talent”, when Peter is running home after finding the winning scroll and he trips, he sits there holding his knee and moaning for about 60 seconds. Everyone needs to watch this show.

QUIT MOCKING ME