Family Guy

Sunday 9:00 PM on FOX Premiered Jan 31, 1999 In Season

bluecatcinema

Family Guy Fan Reviews page 9 of 95

• Uncreative, unoriginal, idiotic, and overall: Not funny.

I never know why anyone ever watches this episode. Most of what seems to happen is that they take scenes of something such as a movie or tv show and just remake it with their characters. This for some reason is funny, and I will never know why anyone thinks so.

Seriously, the amount of immature jokes and stereotypical jokes are so overused that it has became as not funny as it was they showed before. By copying old jokes, and immaturity thought is just, not hilarious. I find this as one if not the most overrated show ever aired.
  • Family guy is in my top 3 greatest cartoons on tv today. Its fresh, politically incorrectand ,unpredictable, and hilarious to watch! Keep this show on forever!

Family guy is in my top 3 greatest cartoons on tv today. Its fresh and unpredictable. All characters are perfectly balanced and unique. Stewie and Brian are my favorite. The shock factor in the politically incorrect jokes makes this show stand apart from most of the shows today.
    I hope they never censure this show of cancel it. Family guy makes all the statements that need to be said once in a while. The prostate exam episode still makes me smile every time I think of it. Everyone had those times where they are thinking something they cant say because it is not correct to comment….well in cases like that I see some family guy episodes flashing in my mind…and it's hard to not grin. Keep this show on forever!
  • Fred Savage is the greatest actor in the history of the world!

After crashing and burning last week, I was extremely relieved to see the show slightly recover with a decent but by no means classic episode. I really wish they would have done more with the Fox News angle and less with the Handiquacks but overall, at least they got to the main plot right away instead of making us suffer through a three minute Conway Twitty song. With the Lois and the Willy Wonka "run home" scene, that was slightly amusing but it seems like they're using the same jokes again and again. This episode reminded me of the older episodes where there was more of an actual plot instead of constant random jokes. I always enjoy watching people slam Ann Coulter but by far the best of the joke of the episode was at the end when they did the Wonder Years narration thing and Fred Savage screams, "I don't need you anymore!"
    Bottom line: Not classic, but good enough that I'll keep in on my Tivo for a couple of months so I can watch it again later.
  • A decent show worth watching when there's not much else on.

Family Guy is not exactly something I would call a "family" show. There is a very large gerth of crude humor, that can be offending and inappropriate for children under... let's say 12.

The show follows a family of 6...(Peter, Lois, Chris, Meg, Stewie, and Brian.) Peter is a rather pompous idiot who is always getting himself in trouble, while his wife Lois, who has had her share of shenanigans, is usually the logical stay-at-home mom.
    Chris and Meg are teenagers who are unpopular, and a little off the wall.
    As for Stewie he has an intelligent, wanna-dominate-the-world, sort of personality, and apparently nobody can really "hear" what he plots except for Brian, the family's dog, that is an almost human like character, and a major alcoholic at times.

Overall this show doesn't follow a real plot, but can be found worth a few laughs.
  • Sick and not funny!

I have 5 childern and I would never want them to view this show. What's wrong with the world today? We don't need this filth! What kind of Family guy is he anyways? I sure would not have wanted these characters as my family nor would I want that for my kids. This show is not funny! This show is sick,twisted and perverted. Why would anyone think it is okay to behave the way they do? Lets get back to viewing good and uplifting shows, I bet our world would be a better place. By the way Jesus does not hate many humans, he hates the sin not the person.
  • bottom of the barrel

jeez. I cant believe how bad that episode was. I feel like they are completely out of ideas/not trying nemore and instead waste everyone's time with mindless hour long scenes and no plot whatsoever. If you go back to the pilot episode and all of them up until the third season those were all great episodes and really made the show. Now Peter is a complete moron (a lot more so) and these new episodes are like a completly different show altogether. If the next episodes are like tonight's I can't bring myself to be tortured anymore.
  • Offensive for no reason, filled with silence, random references to old stuff, boring "action" scenes, self references, hatred and propaganda. Bottom line: Unfunny, annoying and an insult to humanity.

I cannot stand this show, not because I find it offensive (South Park is way more offensive, and I find it acceptable) or against my political views (which it is, but I don't really care), but because it has no quality.

Let's imagine Family Guy is a book. In one chapter, someone says something that isn't funny but could be considered offensive to certain people, and the writers expect you to find it funny because someone, somewhere, will be outraged.

Oh and imagine a book where a joke is followed by a million comas, just so the viewers have time to get it and laugh.

Then another chapter is full of references to pop culture from previous decades. Totally random references that serve no purpose, but for some reason that's supposed to be funny.

Next chapter: Peter fights a chicken for 10 minutes. Why? Who knows? It's rofl so randum therefore it's supposed to be funny.

Self reference, lot's of self reference. That's hilarious too, right?

And like in any high quality program a character has to be abused, mocked and humiliated at every chance. In this case, Meg. Meg's so hideous, we hate her.

Oh and of course Brian. Did anyone watch Boston Legal? For 5 years James Spader was David E. Kelley's megaphone for his political views. That's what Brian is to whoever created this show.

Family Guy isn't funny. It isn't clever, original nor "groundbreaking". It is a cancer.
  • A bit like "Married With Children," but without all that taste and charm getting in the way.

1.5
    This is a show of an interesting type: one where the comedy is geared toward mean-spirited lessons in what the writers don't like. Call it negative satire. The kids are frightening, the parents are slobs and even the family pets have something wrong with them. And baby Stu is a one-joke figure that wears thin very, very quickly. The show might be considered cute by people who liked to punch other kids on the school bus. For everyone else, though, it offers little daylight. I wouldn't like to be around people like this in real life, so even as a cartoon alternate world, it fails to convince me. Show's over. Nothing to see.
  • A Rate for old times' sake...

The last episode (Dial Meg for Murder) was the last drop for me. It's grown tiresome for me watching the same things over and over. Yeah, there are still some funny moments (especially the flashbacks), but I'll no longer even think to watck an entire episode. For the brief funny sketches there's always youtube (For being outside of USA I cannot use Hulu). I'm sorry to say that this show has being going downhill for a while now, McFarlane has overstretched himself (Three shows are a little to much, don't you think?). On the politics side, the constant mocking of just one half of the spectrum has grown stale (to put it into perspective, I'm liberal-ish). I'm more and more convinced that almost every show need an expiration date, rather than risking losing pace.
  • Family guy = Fun

Family guy is a seriosly funny comedy cartoon.It's a wonder why there are so few people that hate it here.But almost half of America hates it!But why?!Never mind.About the show now... it's really great and has randomly super funny jokes.My favourite characters are Peter, Brian and Stewie.Peter the sex maniac and alcoholic main character, Brian, the always complaining dog which had a lot of girlfriends, and finally Stewie, the twisted little kid which seeks the death of his parents.But why does he hate them?I hope they tell that in the final episode (if there going to make it soon).
    P.S. I love this show!
  • Family Guy: sick, offensive, random, politically incorrect. Is it a good show? No

5.5
    Family Guy is the hugely successful animated show whose success has most probably overtaken The Simpsons; the show its ideas were completely bootlegged from (the fat, unintelligent dad, the frazzled mum, a baby, a dog, a dysfunctional brother and sister and hundreds of outrageous recurring characters although Family Guy's are a lot more far-fetched.) The shows entire premise is The Simpsons but minus the clever jokes and believability and add a series of crass and annoying skits that almost desperately tries to shock the people watching. Apart from the episode "Brian Wallows and Peter Swallows" which was truly depressing everything about the show is a farce, (I mean; characters like a greased – up deaf guy and a homicidal chicken, storylines like Peter starting his own religion, befriending a talking cow and kidnapping the Pope, need I say more?) with jokes that are completely random and don't tie together at all. Out of all the characters; the one that has changed the most is Stewie, the urbane baby who inexplicably speaks with a posh and mature English accent although no one seems to regard it, in the first 2 seasons he was just a generic evil genius with a fixation not only to rule the world but to murder his mother while nowadays he's grown into an effeminate but still wise – cracking and sardonic brat whose homosexual tendencies seemed to have overtaken any plans for world domination despite Stewie still often exercising criminal violence. In my eyes the only character who makes this show plausible is Brian although he's a drinking, smoking and sexually active dog he offers a realistic and sophisticated view on the insane goings-on, he can be pompous sometimes though but only occasionally gets sucked into the insanity of the show's environment. He is also quick to point out when a character is wrong or just plain stupid, mirroring what the viewers and certainly what I feel. Brian is voiced by the creator Seth MacFarlane just speaking normally as is nearly every other male character on the show which gives it a much primitive feel as it's far too obvious it's his baritone voice every time although not to discredit Macfarlane's writing which is actually quite witty, too bad it's hidden under inane shtick. The most excruciating aspect of the show is the countless number of cutaway scenes in every episode when the writers are either too lazy to finish the scene or need a way to squeeze a bad joke they have into an episode. The show looks quite good with rapid – fire animation that suits the manic nature of the show; however I'd say this trend begins from the 3rd season onwards because before then it's just sketchy and stiff cartoon. The audio really drills into your head especially with piercing vocals from Alex Borstein and Seth Green. Although Family Guy has the ability to make you laugh and looks quite good; the pros are severely outweighed by the cons.
  • Glad it was brought back

I was i huge fan of the show when i was a kid when it first came out. When it was canceled i couldn't believe it, I bought all the DVD's and watched it all the time. When it was brought back i was so happy. But when it came back you could tell the show had changed from what it was, but for the better, it came in funnier and more in your face then the older episodes. The show has become bigger and better than The Simpsons and i can't see an end to the show anytime soon.
  • You still laugh your butt off even after you have seen each episode like 20 times! It gets funnier on every newer episode!

Family Guy is the best animation comedy show that anyone has ever created! The show has a secret that no other show has and that is the FLASHBACKS! By going to flashbacks the Family Guy characters can make hilarious jokes while still continuing the episode story. Stewie is my favorite character out of all the Family Guy chracters because he always has something up his sleeve or gets himself into something. Peter is the king of "special" people! I also love the Evil Monkey! The show always manages to stay fresh because it has colorful characters and the fact that Family Guy uses flashbacks also helps! This show is hilarious and is a must watch show for anyone that wanys to laugh!
  • Has Its Good Moments

Don't get me wrong family guy is awesomely funny at times....but if theres one thing i believe is true, the writers of family guy really know how to kill a joke in the fastest way possible! other then that its an ok show
    id suggest just not dragging out a joke for so long, like the one where stewie is dancing for a helicopter ride...it just goes over the top but still it has its good points and i will continue to watch it when its not repetitive lol
    i i i i i i i i i i i i
  • Family guy is one of the best animated comedies and its FREEKEN SWEET

BOy where do i start uhhh ya ok this is the most randomest show ive ever watched how do you like that tv.com not usling real word,back on topic its about the griffen family the dad peter sure gives us most of the laughs im i right then theres my favourite character stewie who wants to rule the wolrd with his arsenal of weapons and wants to kill his mom lois, heres twist hes only 1 years old

lois is just your average house wife with a pysco brother who likes killing fat guys a sister with a happy baby and some parents who make mexican immagrants work for them nothing unusual meg what else to say?/ need i say more

brain family dog can somehow talk (they should make a episode about that) likes drinking wine and taunts stewie alot and does waht ever your dod does (if you have one)

chris is the middle child ( you should have seen him when he was just born) tries to get girls and faces pea pressure

and that it FIN
  • One word: utterly horrible.

0.8
    This show should have stayed canceled. The fact that there was a lame 'grass-roots' movement to revive this tripe just proves that a lot of otherwise intelligent people have horrible senses of humor.
    Yeah, I know, them's fightin' words. But I am not trying to pick a fight. I am just trying to fill up one hundred words. Why do the reviews have to be a mimimum of one hundred words, I ask you? Sure, some people would love to blather on about terrible television shows. Others prefer to make succinct, bilious attacks on awful cartoons that for some reason have gained a cult following. Ugh! Do you hear me? Ugh!
  • Family guy rocks

There is only 1 word i can use for this show and that is FUNNY i mean you cant get a better show then this. you see some people dont get the show and hate it and you know what i say to them learn to love it. most shows are to scared to cross that line on tv but family guy isnt and that what makes it so good they should give the guy who made it a medal for best comadie show ever i mean it. Some people still like the simpsons but that has had its time and should move over here is a line for my fav ep stewie kills lois it gose The guy who watched the simspons back in 1994 and juust wont admite it isnt funny anymore you know that is right the simspons has lost its way and its time to let other schools get the lime light so ty and i hoped you enjoyed my rant.
  • Used to be superb, but it's gone downhill badly.

I just want to get the facts straight right now: I am a Family Guy. I watch every new episode and even some already-seen reruns. But there are a couple flaws.

Number one, it's gone downhill BADLY. Ever since it's comeback it's been lower quality, but Season 7, how do I say it, SUCKS. It's completely horrible. In fact the only episodes in it I like are Road to Germany and the Stewie plot of Not All Dogs Go To Heaven. And The Juice is Loose is arguably the worst episode of any show ever.

Number two, they sometimes overdo the cutscenes. I do like a large majority of them, but some of them are pointless, stupid, annoying, and most importantly, not funny. But hey, all show's have annoying parts, at least (for the most part) these are at least bareable.

All in all, this show's very enjoyable, though some parts certainly could be improved. Giggity.
  • Season 7 sucks

3.5
    I really don't care if you thumbs me down, because i'm entitled to my own opinion.

Seasons 1-3, 6, and 7 are HORRIBLE. The only ones I find funny are Seasons 4, and 5.

Seth has lost it. First off, in the new season, Lois voice is High pitched, and has become an annoying peacemaker that always gots to get into others bussiness. Stewie used to be funny, with little signs of being gay but in the new season, it's 100% proven that he's gay and likes brian. Stewie has become LESS funny also.

Peter has become more retarded. He was dumb in the past season, but now this is getting ridiculous. Does seth want to follow Spongebob's footsteps or something? Brain has become a Smart-ass. Before, like stewie, he was funny, now he's just plain annoying. The episode that really proven my theory was the last episode, where it proves Brian was an atheist. Chris in the new season has also become annoying. He ruins the mood out of everything, pointing out the obvious. Please seth, DON'T MAKE A SEASON 8!
  • FOX classic! And all you haters BACK OFF!!!!!

Family Guy is such an important show to me! It's also a very popular show that I even saw on posters and merchandise in other countries I visited. And I'm tired of all these worthless pieces of trash saying "this show is stupid and not as good as South Park and blahblahblah!!!!" Family Guy is so funny and is a completely different show than South Park! Also, people on retro junk are bashing this show and The Simpsons because "it's not retro! waah!!!" I'm sick of it! And bashers go on and choose to watch those god awful shows that aren't anywhere near as popular to the world as Family Guy and The Simpsons are. Whatever happened to if you don't have anything nice to say don't say don't say anything at all?! I'm sorry bashers, but this is a very important show to me and stop bashing it!!!!! *sigh* I hope this doesn't happen to American Dad!
  • sick but hillairious

this show has some crazy ideas but its hillarious especially stewie when hes not evil also everything with the shows unexpected like one episode theres peter as a teen and the next episode theres peter owning his own country but one problem is there is not great acting but it still doesnt stop this show from being very funny like in lethal weapons at the end they knew it was on a t v show my favorite charecter is stewie peter chris brian luis then meg and not in family first is quagmire seconds is cleveland and third is joe
  • unfortantely going downhill

A shell of its former self is one thing to say about family guy,the show used to be hilariously random and at the very least entertaing from seasons 1-4. after that the writers slackened off after they got that writers strike salary upgrade or whatever.
    now they are forced to be repetitive jokes,go for broke with extremely random or stupid things just to gamble the response from the fans.Again this is all probably the writers laziness which has transformed this show from my personal favourite cartton show to ill just read the bad reviews and laugh about how bad the shows gotten.
  • Freakin Sweet!

LMAO. XD This show is hilarious! It's even a funnier version of the Simpsons. I love its original jokes and characters. Peter, Stewie, and Quagmire are so far my favorite characters of all time. However, the show, like almost everyone say, has been slipping down in terms of quality after resurrecting it back on air in 2005. Season 4 and 5 were great but 6 and 7...... bleh. Let's hope Season 8 will improve. Overall, still an fantastic show to watch! ^_^
  • This show has been going downhill, but it is still funny to watch.

I remember the first episodes, they were funny and clever, but as the show progressed the humor has changed, there are more sexual jokes which gets old, and sometimes they make gags that I don't even understand at all, or there are gags that aren't funny. There are still funny cut-away gags in the newer episodes, and I like it how the use real stars in jokes. We will see in the future if it gets better or drops more downhill. So overall, it's still a funny show, just not as good as it used to be, I still enjoy watching it though.
  • Maybe going down hill a little but it's sick and so funny!

Hehehehe......my 1st review. And I wanna make it a good one! This show is funny! I kinda didn't like season one though. And not just because all of them had the word death in them. Which is kind of werid. But everyone has their own style. Season 2 was good but not perfect. My favorite season of all time though was season six. I thought it was real funny and way better then season seven. The season seven starter wasn't as good as I hoped it would be. I watched it with my friend and at the end he said, "Well.....the animation was pretty." There for, I liked 420 though. I thought it was really funny and I just loved it. And in conclusion to my review, I like family guy, it's funny and it's going at the tiniest bit down hill. Way to go Seth!
  • Awesome show.

Family Guy is an awesome show from the awesome Seth MacFarlane. It's about the Griffin family: Peter, Stewie, Brian, Lois, Chris, and the hated Meg. They have tons of wacky adventures in their small town of Quahog. The show lasted for three seasons before being cancelled by Fox, the three seasons were then released on two DVDs, and because of high sales of the DVDs, Fox decided to release a straight-to-DVD movie to see if the audience was still interested. Obviously, they were, and Family Guy returned with a new season. There was a noticeable quality drop, but Family Guy is still one of the best comedies on television.
  • This show is about a dysfunctional family living in Quahog, Road Island.

I love this show. It is so funny. Some people say that it's going down hill. This show is not going down hill. New episodes are being spun out again and again. Family Guy is about a dysfunctional family living in the town of Quahog, Road Island. Peter is a funny but stupid dad, Lois is the funny and senseable mother, Meg is mentally disturbed, Chris is a fat and funny teen, much like his father, and has an evil monkey in the closet. Stewie is a hilarious evil talking baby who wants to take over the world. Brian is a talking dog is treated like a human even though he is a dog. Overall I give this show a 10.
  • Eh......

The show it good when compared to other shows FOx is trying to get money off of. Family Guy is good..tos some degree. It can be fun to watch, and some cutaway gags do make me laugh. But, just to me, Family Guy pushes the boundries a lot when it comes to the gross out value and the wierdness level [not as bad as American DAd in this department though] While I do like many of the Family Guy episodes, some of them even I can't defend since they are so awful [like the O.J Simpson episode, and of course the most infamous example, the Jesus episodes]. Family Guy is good, but they need to cut back on the strangeness a bit.
  • Now this show is awesome. Everytime it is on I watch it cause it is funny, crazy and cool. The show rocks and if you haven't seen it yet watch it seriously

Here is what I think of the Characters:

Peter: Likes to drink beer at the clam with Joe, Glen and Cleveland and that reminds me of King of the Hill when Hank, Dale, Bill and Boomhour are drinking beer infront of hanks fence

Lois: Not much I can think to say

Chris: Annoys Meg (Which I love)

Meg: Not much I can think to say here either

Stewie: Smart, wanting to kill Lois, Crazy

Brian: Smart

Joe: He is a Cop in Quahog, Strong, Paraplegic, Good at what he does

Glen: Crazy and that is all I am going to say

Cleavland: Owns a Resturant and that is all I will say about him also

So overall the characters are awesome the ones that I like: Peter, Stewie, Brian and Joe
  • Very good show. The flashbacks and day-to-day references make it even more "freakin' sweet".

Wow. So, I love this show.

The family consists of:
    Peter, Lois, Stewie, Brian, Stewie, Chris, and Meg.

The show will usually have a some sort of problem, (usually caused by Peter), that may or may not take up the whole show.
    Frequently, after a character has said something, there will usually be some sort of flashback, to something that relates to what the character was first doing.

Meg, the daughter of the family, is usually picked on, treated like crap, or left out. It can be funny at times, but other times it's like, "seriously". I don't know, it just seems mean sometimes.

Blah. Whatever. There's my review.
4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13