Family Guy

Sunday 9:00 PM on FOX Premiered Jan 31, 1999 In Season

bluecatcinema

Family Guy Fan Reviews (2830)

• Family Guy is hilarious still.

Naturally, people don't like change. What the hell did you think it meant "dysfunctional family"? They're not SUPPOSED to be good people. You don't find it funny? That's fine. But I can't stand it when people try to take things to the next level. Quagmire and Stewie beat up Brian so that makes them animal abusers? Really? And you say Peter's gotten stupider? No, you've gotten older and you're only gonna laugh at what you already see as funny. So there really is no winning this argument at all. Better to just click "x" and watch something else rather then obsess over how bad it is.
  • Family or perversion guy?

I used to be able to put up with some of the stuff that was a little sick and demented just because they would come up with brilliant comedy like Peter and the chicken, the throwing up game, and Stevies devious mind but lately they have gone beyond funny to outright nasty perversion. Just because your animated like the simpsons or futurama doesn't mean you have the same quality. I cannot watch anymore. Thanks but no thanks.
  • Nope...

This show hasn't been worth watching in like five or six years. They really need to end this show, twelve seasons is more than enough.
  • Has lost it's appeal but I still like to watch the first three season are watchable.

This 8 out of 10 is for the first three seasons and some of the earlier season 4 episodes. Family Guy lost it's appeal for a while. I used to be obsessed with this show, but later I lost obsession. Jokes became the same over and over again, the characters changed their personality, many of the jokes also became very offensive, and also many of the jokes not making any sense. I personally quit Family Guy forever after the Life of Brian saga.
  • don't know why I watch

there is something compelling me to watch the show, but Peter is beyond ***ed. I never find him funny, just amazingly ignorant. Stewie is probably the reason I watch.
  • Hasn't made me laugh in a while

This was one of the funniest shows on TV. Peter's wacky antics were always something to enjoy and I enjoyed seeing what new torture Meg goes through.

But it has seriously gone downhill, nothing really makes me laugh anymore and I even forced myself to laugh at what was supposed to be funny because I was in denial. But I can't deny anymore, it's just not that funny anymore.
  • Top Shows

Most ep til 09, some varous recent ep (99-14)
  • Too offensive to me! My faith in cartoons is screwed by this show!

I cant stand this show. Let me explain: It`s "humor" hits too close to home and so do most of the character.

Stewie, you`re a sociopathic troublemaker. You try to kill your own mother, you beat up Brian in an episode even though he is your "best friend" and something is clearly wrong with you.

Peter, your a Homer Simpson ripoff, only more offensive than him.

Meg...... actually, I can see you as the most decent Griffen. Your the scapegoat of the family, only they hurt you hard and they show no sympathy.

Quagmire, you should go to jail for life you sex offender.

Chris, just like Peter, you are dumb and offensive. It`s not even funny when you do antics.

Lois, first off, be more aware your own son is trying to kill you. 2nd, I think you should cut the offensive jokes. Marge Simpsons better than you.

And then there were the 2 dogs. Brian and Vinny. Personally, lets say I`m on a street corner and on 2 seperate lanes, Brians on one and Vinny on the other: both look like they would get hit by a car and need help getting out of the way or they get killed off. If I had to save one and let the other die, I would have saved Vinny immediently. Brians an alcoholic boozehound who cusses like an explicit video. The only time the show portrayed the Griffens as a normal okay family was the episode where Brian died, but thanks to Stewie, those few scenes where they acted like a decent family are gone and so is Vinny, who is 100000000000000 better than Brian. No wonder the PTC, a parental watchdog group, awarded this show Worst episode of the week more than 40 times. It makes jokes out of killings, molestering, violence, abuse, religion and family decency. This is why it made my Top 10 most hated shows list on my home page. Seth Mcwhatever ruined cartooning and I hope FOX realizes this and fires him before 2016. This show can burn in...........

• Uhh.. Heh, heh.

I do like this show, no lie. But there is a reason I'm giving it an eight. It's just not real good anymore. Stewie and Brian are paired up all the time and they speak to each other at least once every episode. It kinda annoys me. Peter is very dumb. No, not very dumb. SO RIDICULOUSLY AMAZINGLY MIND BOGGINGLY DUMB. I liked there older episodes better. If you are reading this review, and you've never seen this show, watch seasons 1 through 6, skip 7, watch 8 and stop. Watching the rest isn't worth it. 8/10
  • Ummmm

4.5
    Its okay sometimes funny.

Sometimes repetive.

It was obvious Brain was going to come back

So ummmm yeah <_>
  • Another reason why to not watch Family Guy.

2.5
    What do you know? Brian has been resurrected! And between the death and comeback episode, it was only one ep. WOW. Nice way to make fans super worried Seth.
  • Brian's Back! Yeah Baby!

Seth Mcfarlane's plan all along was to see how fans would react to Brian dying, then bring him back! Seth, you sly bastard
  • very funny show

this show is incredibly funny, but after season 6 and somewhat season 7, the show started to get a little too dumb and repetitive for my taste, but i love every season all the way through 7!
  • family guy

why would you kill brian are you dome im done wathching family guy brian was my favorite character of all time
  • Is this a Who Shot Mr. Burns episode?

5.5
    All right, how are you going to bring back Brian? This "new Brian" has to go!!
  • 6 Reasons why this show is getting unfunny

There are some things that are missing from this show that is making it so terrible today.

1 Cleveland. Notice ever since Cleveland left the show started getting terrible.

2 This whole Quagmire hates Brian thing that started happening when Cleveland left. Which was a start of Quagmire starting to change from a party animal to a pervert to an aids infested mean prick. Him beating up Brian an animal showed the start of him being a dick, Then he started picking on Joe and then finally he started getting mad at Peter for doing stupid thing at times. (Peter was the one that cost you your job trying to fly his pickup truck, he killed your cat and told you he did, took your money and slammed the door in your face and crashed a nice looking plane you had. But you hate Brian. someone that hardly ever bothers you )

3 Lois voice is just getting more annoying and she seem to don't care about doing things as a family anymore (Which the family hating that which what was making that look funny)

4 old 1980 Cut Aways. This show used to reminded me of things from the past in old cartoons, toys, candy, shows and where are they now actors now it just racist and nasty vomit toilet humor with blood in the Cut Aways.

5 Stewie is not about world domination or trying to kill Lois anymore

6 Meg and Chris parts are getting so small.

I'm not counting this one yet because we don't know it all the way yet is Brian. Without Brian who is gonna stop Peter from doing something that will kill him and the family?
  • Sob...

I used to like this show,but now that Brian's dead,this show is a mere entity to me now.
  • Brian

Family guy sucks without Brian.
  • a family guy episode

i would like to know if you could do an episode with eminem in where stewie learns from eminem that trying to kill his mom is not cool
  • Certainly a great show

Need I say more? This show is spectacular, witty, funny, amusing, and just plain laugh-out-loud humour. Sometimes they may go a bit far with their episodes, but I still love it anyway. This show is truely a masterpiece in itself. I will never regret that moment I sat down on the couch and said, "Let's give this show a try!"
  • Best Show Ever

This show is incredibly witty and funny. Parents out there before you deny your teenager the right to watch this show watch it yourself first. Anybody who wants to hate on this show can throw their trashy hate away before you even come close to insulting Seth Macfarlane, a great genius.
  • A-W-E-S-O-M-E! Awesome, Awesome, is this show!

Greatest TV-14 Comedy Cartoon Show EVA!
  • First 8 Seasons Were HILARIOUS

Its a really funny show, the last 3 seasons have been lacking in humor though, but I do have a lot of enjoyment watching my favorites.
  • Great show

Ratings by season and grades.

Season 1 = 75%. Pretty good, a new beginning for Adult Swim. Some episodes were bad, but besides that, very good.

Season 2 = 90%. Huge development from the first season. Amazing, still poor at sometimes which is why it's 90% instead of 100%, but it is 100% recommended.

Season 3 = 85%. Still pretty great, no downfall from the second season, still pure comedy gold, just a bit less amazing than Season 2.

Season 4 = 80%. Still very amazing, just a bit less good as Seasons 2 and 3, but still 5% better than Season 1, very great, I don't know why everyone hates this season.

Season 5 = Infinity over 100%. HUGE improvement from the previous four seasons, very very good, perfect, enough said. If you're not a fan of Seasons 1-4, then you should check this season out, it's amazing, perfect, no flaws whatsoever.

Season 6 = 70%. Slightly weak! Not all that great, maybe to make up for how great Season 5 was, that's not bad. I understand that the writers wanted to make bad eps because of how Season 5 was.

Season 7 = 95%. Ah, much better, not as treasured as Season 5, but still amazing. No bad eps really, the edgy parts are what brought the score down 5%. Very great.

And the seasons afterwards are all great.

Total of total in grade, 10/10.

So yeah, u get it, this show is good. 10/10
  • DUMB ASS

ITS THE BEST SHOW ON TV AND IF YOU CANT RESPECT THAT YOU CAN GO F#CK YOURSELF.
  • Poor Peter Griffin

Peter, the protagonist of the Griffin family, tries to act like Moe Howard, his apparent domineering idol from The Three Stooges, and ends up acting like Curly. While this is funny, Peter's antics can become something of a turn-off. Peter's wife, Lois, is one of the better cartoon moms in TV Land and was obviously patterned after Jane Jetson from The Jetsons. Brian is incredible as an intellectualism-spewing dog while Stewie would have qualified as a better foil to Pinky and the Brain instead of Elmira. Chris and Meg are virtual non-entities and are generally not central to most of the Family Guy episodes.

Like The Simpsons and The Big Bang Theory, Family Guy will be sorely missed when it finally does air its last episode. FG is quite a likeable cartoon if you can withstand the racist jokes and meandering cut-aways that occur in virtually every show, save for the one in which Brian and Stewie are locked in a bank vault. Like it or not, Family Guy will earn a place in most every viewer's list of all-time favorite cartoon shows.

• Well, it has gone downhill and lost some of its humor but it's still not that bad as some people say

Season 1 - 8.5/10

Season 8 - 5.0/10

Season 9 - 4.5/10

Season 10 - 5.5/10

Season 11 - 7.5/10

Season 9 was the worst IMO. But most of the stuff on FG is not to be taken seriously yet people still do! Yeah the Conway Twitty and 80s music video stuff was stupid and not funny and most of the repetitive gags were funny the first time around but not the next 100 times. I liked Peter fighting the giant chicken and the episodes where Brian and Stewie travel through time or get cloned or even travel to various parallel universes. I just don't get why people say this is the worst animated show, not even close. But there are a lot of flaws and cheap humor but other than that, it's not bad. I do miss the humor from the 1999-2002 years but come on, everyone has to move on okay. I just wish the Family Guy haters would stop! Seriously grow up you stupid trolls. I'm not all keen to reviews since every single page has nothing but bad reviews by trolls who have nothing better to do than write fake crappy reviews of shows they probably have never even seen. But anyways if you watch this show, try to watch the Brain and Stewie episodes, they're the best IMO and don't listen to the haters just ignore those sad pathetic trolls! Like I sad, Family Guy is not terrible just mediocre at times, thank you!
  • the last 3 seasons has been the BEST!

people are so crazy. to me I think season 9 10 and 11 has been the best seasons ever.

cant wait for season 12
  • its okay

This show is decent. It isn't as good as some people say it is but I can still like it

Ratings

Plot : It doesn't have that much of a plot. The show also has so many cut away gags that even if there is a plot,you can't follow it.

Characters: The characters are mostly likable. Stewie and Brian are my favorites. They are pretty funny Peter and Lois are sometimes interesting. Meg is nothing but an unpopular kid and a punching bag. Chris is my least favorite. He's not funny.

Humor: Humor on this show is pretty much a hit or miss. Some of the jokes work while some don't. The humor is not consistent and is barely relevant to the plot. A lot of the jokes are either making fun of pop culture or the other characters being mean to Meg. I am not amused

I'll give this show a 5/10 because its sometimes enjoyable. I do prefer to watch American Dad but I sometimes watch this
  • The worst thing in all universe's and parallel universe's and was never good not even a nano second.

This is the most unfunniest, worst, terriblest, horriblest and childish thing ever to exist and nothing will ever be worse than this can't believe I used to like this, the feeling haunts me.

Ratings:

Plot:0.1 I don't see the point of the plot,It's just some gay person living with his family in the Usa called Road island or whatever you call the crappy place they live in.

Graphics:1.1 there just horribly bright and ugly

Humor:0.0 just horrible and childish toilet humor,argh!

Characters:0.1 the only good one is meg and Carol.

Jokes:0.1 they are no jokes, just farting scenes that only a 4 year old would find funny

Theme song: 1.2 it just sounds awful