Family Guy

Sunday 9:00 PM on FOX Premiered Jan 31, 1999 In Season

bluecatcinema

Family Guy Fan Reviews (2882)

• Happy 17th Anniversary Family Guy! One of the most hilariously intelligent shows of all time

Family guy like South Park is so four-dimensional to me because it's the only reason why I've been a loyal fan of the show since it's epic debut. It's been original & ideologically smart since the original unaired pilot in 1998. Awesome politically incorrect life is what the hell it's true identity is. My #1 favorite level-headed college show full of controversial insanity with true charismatic charm. During the begining of the series the character development was very simpsonish and two-dimensional for the first three seasons and then around season 4 to the present the show finally found it's third-dimensional quality and voice. From the lovable cynical kickass father Peter Griffin with his intellectual yet comedic idiosyncratic nature to his evil badass genius son from hell Stewie Griffin to many other awesome characters who brings new blood to this laugh out loud series, this is the show teens & Adults to enjoy and laugh out loud. Haters gonna hate because Family guy is still funny & consistent as hell and they're just jealous of how brilliant and interesting Seth MacFarlane & his voice cast are. I also love American Dad as well as the writing staffs of both shows. It's been over 17 years since the show began & it's still amazing as fuck. The Original Series of the show were epic and the revival series were also superb. Nostalgia isn't my specialty. From parodies to different specials, I watched every episode & laughed my ass off. The Family Guy books, games, & the DVD movie were amazing to the fans who still actually loved the show since 1998-present. Their dumbass mortal enemies the parents television council hates the show so much that they seriously have no lives at all or a sense of humor just because the show's infamous history of their rebellious nature never lived up to their pathetic morals and ridiculous high expectations. What a bunch of hypocrites. Also those over analyzing idiots who thought by using outdated tvtropes or ridiculous sob stories as an excuse for bashing on this fantastic show made them feel smart & secure but in reality they really were full of absolute shit. Family Guy's satirical views are supposed to be crass, complex, outrageous, racy & violent etc to the point of pushing the limitations of controversial subjects but at least they're honest and strong about their story lines which a lot of people had criticized over the years. Despite the idiotic criticism people said all over the internet, the show's fanbase is what kept Family Guy going stronger as the years went by. Who the hell are they to define what should be on tv? It's one of the most popular shows of all-time. Congratulations Seth for making two superior shows with a lot of crazy ass batshit characters with three-dimensional depthness, edginess, & cold-hearted topics to piss everyone in the world off which is so freakin hilarious. Keep on living FG & AD my 2 favorite cult series. I also loved your college thesis of the Life of Larry and Steve. Continue your legacy unapologetic Seth! The parents television council & social justice warriors suck! I loved all 15 seasons of your show to death. Please continue to serialize the show up to 20 seasons to create more chaos & destruction to expand your surrealism and passion. I wish we had met so we can write more awesome episodes together. Your show is one of my two most favorite shows that stood up for what's right. Don't let these overly sensitive crybabies put you down just because they're petty trolls who can't get laid and rely on being pussy crushers. Fuck the system! XD.
  • Fmlyg

Anyone getting tired of Lois being a bitch in season 13 and 14
  • This Show Has Ran Its Course, American Dad IS REALLY Better Then This (Updated AGIAN)

PLEASE UNDERSTAND WHAT I AM SAYING, OH PLEASE UNDERSTAND THIS!

It was a really funny show, the last seasons have been lacking in humor though. Family Guy should have retired with positive nostalgia while it was still on top, now every season its reputation shrinks more and more and its too late. It's humor is massively stretched now and the producers seem to just copy and paste older gags into the plots in recent episodes. They continued to follow this trend with there recent seasons without noticing that even using those older gags over and over makes the show less enjoyable (especially with the cutaway gags). So even when they don't do that they go overboard on the shock humor and it can't even be called "shock humor" anymore because they will somehow make it overly disturbing than it has to be, it does not work anymore, this type of formula just does not work, its time to stop! I used to be a big fan of the show, but the writers seem to not care anyways. Its been so many years and the show has not been back on track yet. I recommend any new comer to try to watch some of the older episodes and avoid any modern day episode altogether. UPDATE So i decided to watch this show years later and it still hasn't improved, its just not what it used to be. American dad is still pretty great and strangely offers better comedy these days!
  • I Barely Found This Show Funny, & I Found It Lazy With Its Animation & How It Does Most Of Its Humor

3.5
    Family Guy is a show that most people enjoy, I honestly am not impressed by it much and it wasn't even that funny to me. The show is about a man named Peter Griffin, who is considered the "Family Guy" of his house, and in that house is his family: His wife Lois, his daughter Meg, his son Chris, his second son Stewie, and his dog Brian. What really turned me off about this show is the fact that Seth Macfarlane serves about a 1/3 of the voice acting in this entire show, and I never liked him as an actor. In addition, the animation is some of the laziest 2D animation that I have ever seen in an animated TV show. "South Park" does also have lazy animation, but that was rather stop motion animation, and I honestly found that hilarious throughout most episodes. Family Guy's animation is not only lazy, but their humor is unbelievably lazy as well. When first watching a few episodes for the first time, it seemed funny, but then it got really tiring as most of the humor starts with the straight up phrase: Like that time (whatever happened in the past that was a highlight here), and the fact that the series kept on going with that for nearly 18 years is appalling. Speaking of appalling, the family itself is a huge mess, but I guess that's what people like about it. Peter is an a***, Lois is a typical wife, Meg gets bullied a lot but you get the feeling that she may deserve it because she can be a real jerk too. Brian is a careless dog who acts like an a*** too. The only one that got some laughs out of me was Stewie, at least with most of his reactions on everything he does or his reactions with others. Some side characters I enjoyed, Quagmire was a unique creation with some really good laughs in the show, and Joe is a nice, laid-back character with a few laughs throughout the show. I will admit, even Peter himself though a complete jerk, gave me some of the slightest laughs. I will give this show credit for being for the most part realistic, as there are families in this world that are screwed up in the head. I also will admit that I do have a little more respect for the older episodes than the newer episodes. Overall: Family Guy is an annoying, emotion-less show that has(for the most part) mediocre main characters, lazy animation, & a repetition with its flat humor that really should have made the show cancelled a long time ago. Not terrible, but I will not be watching Family Guy anytime soon. By the way, I don't mean to offend fans of the show, I just express what I personally feel about shows. I personally always judge a show by the quality that it has rather than the quantity of popularity it has.

1.5/4 Stars
  • Bets adult show ever made

i fucking love this show
  • This show is still going strong.

While the plot of the episodes may have gotten mediocre, Family Guy always seems to make me laugh. The jokes are fresh and relevant with pop culture these days and are reeling in a new audience. This is where the Simpsons fail ; one can argue that Family Guy's beloved characters have changed (Peter's more dumb, Lois is bland, Stewie's gay, Brian is a liberal) But most of them are just amplified versions of the old characters. Overall the jokes are still funny and Family Guy is much still relevant.
  • i will watch faithfully even reruns

love family guy yaaaaa netflex
  • Overall a good show but it really has been going downhill lately, with boring episodes, bad jokes, and the characters have all negatively changed.

Before I begin, I will say that Family Guy is my favourite show of all time. I would definitely consider myself a "die-hard" fan of the show, and nearly all of the time, it really amuses me. Even as one of the show's devoted fans, I can say for certain that the show has definitely gone downhill lately. Jokes became dry, flat, lazy or offensive (which usually doesn't bother me, but offensive jokes is what causes a lot of controversy for the show lately) and most the character's personalities changed for the worst. But what REALLY has become a major problem for Family Guy lately is the overuse of boring and stale cutaway gags that have no relevance to the plot whatsoever, and that actually make me lose interest in the episode. These cutaways weren't used much in the earlier seasons, but for the past few seasons they're honestly a regular occurrence and they're the reason I kind of dislike a few of the later seasons (as well as the flat jokes and some bad plots) Some people think Family Guy started to run out of steam after it was put back on air in 2005, others think it was at Season 7, and some people think it went downhill but went back uphill in the later seasons. Here is MY personal opinion.

Season 1- Good season, the episodes were funny and it was a great start to the show. Of course, it's underrated due to being badly animated and only having 7 episodes, which I agree with. But it was still a good beginning for the show nonetheless.

Season 2- Even better season. HILARIOUS episodes, and the characters were lovable and funny, and had good personalities. Some of my favourite episodes are within this season.

Season 3- Same as above, though I don't have a lot of favourites in this season, but it was still brilliant.

Season 4- My favourite season by far. The funniest episodes ever are in this season IMO, and since it was the first season after a 2-3 year cancellation, the animation improved. Seasons 1-4 is the golden era of Family Guy, I think.

Season 5- Not as good as the first 4 seasons, but was still funny and had great episodes.

Season 6- Same as above.

Season 7- Kind of a hit or miss. Some episodes were humorous, others were a little dumb and stale. Still decent enough though.

Season 8- Decent, though not brilliant, a few brilliant or even funny episodes, but some were kind of boring.

Season 9- Pretty good, better than 7-8. Definitely a lot of gore/raunchiness compared to other seasons, but the episodes were fairly enjoyable or intense.

Season 10- This is where Family Guy started to go downhill. Too many jokes or even whole episode plots revolved around domestic abuse, rape, child abuse, pedophilia, etc, and even too much shock humour. The episodes that didn't involve those jokes were either decent or mediocre. The humour found it's way out of the show in this season. Definitely one of my least favourite seasons.

Season 11- Good enough, better than 10. Some episodes were GREAT, some were only fair. But the show was still declining and less funny or smart.

Season 12- A great season I thought! The only good RECENT season of Family Guy which made up for the show getting staler. Besides two AWFUL and disgusting episodes, the season was still brilliant and had good plots.

Season 13- This put the show in a pit of fire again. The show was already getting tedious and repetitive since Season 10, but this season made everything 100x worse. Jokes were awful, lazy and lacked any intelligence, cutaway gags became an even bigger problem here, Peter acted like a misogynist and the plots were boring, poorly written or tasteless. Only a handful of episodes were actually good.

Season 14- Really bad. A bigger slump after 13. The most awful season of Family Guy. The worst, poorly written, most boring plots and jokes ever, many continuity errors, and EVEN MORE cutaway gags just to fill up time. This season had a lack of effort put into it, and it proves how much this show took a turn for the worst since 2011.

It's still my favourite show, but it started to lose it's touch at Season 10, and even more at Season 13 - 14. Season 14 almost made me quit the show. The writers are just running out of ideas and jokes at this point. But overtime, the characters have changed dramatically. Peter went from a dumb father but still very loving to his family and had some common sense (like Homer) to an arrogant, abusive, disrespectful, careless prick with NO common sense at all, who is even more ***ed than ever, who treats his wife, daughter and friends terribly and who just acts like an immature baby all the time. He annoys me a lot. Lois went from the voice of reason to a pretty hypocritical character and a bad/irresponsible mother who likes to put other people down for her own superiority. But she is sweet and loving to Peter considering he's awful to her, so that's where I feel sympathy for her. Meg was once a normal stereotypical "geeky" teenage girl who just wanted to be accepted by everyone and wasn't abused by her family, but rather EMBARRASSED by them, which is pretty normal, but now she is a depressed, suicidal punching bag who is physically and emotionally bullied by Peter (which I hate most about the show) and is put down and teased by the rest of the family. I notice that they always fat-shame her and pick on her weight, it really isn't that funny. I know it's a cartoon, but I really don't find the Meg-bashing that amusing. It's milder now, but there's still the occasional insult. Chris is just a cardboard cut-out of Peter, but his worst change is that he's no longer funny like he used to be. Episodes centered around Chris are just boring and dull these days. Although hes sweeter and nicer than Peter so that's a plus, but he's still the most bland character on the show. Stewie went from an evil genius to a gay sterotype who has shown feelings for Brian. Although I still have Stewie as my favourite character so even if I miss his evil behavior I can still tolerate him. And lastly, Brian went from the sarcastic dog, but the voice of reason, the smart one and the one saving Peter from his shenanigans with Lois, to a pompous, somewhat selfish character who takes advantage of others and likes to show his views as better than everyone else's. Yes the character's have changed really dramatically, but I can still love most of them (Stewie and Brian are my favourites when they're paired together and go time travelling and all) but I still want to see a change.

This is a great and funny show overall, but the last 5 seasons just haven't been the same (besides Season 12 being mostly amazing). Season 10 and 13 were terrible, but Season 14 was by far the worst and was a huge dip for Family Guy. I didn't laugh much during the season and I almost quit watching until I realised that I am a hardcore fan and I didn't want to give up. But it really lacked humour or sense, the writers really aren't trying anymore. Season 15 is starting in September and I hope to see some improvement. I heard this is going to be the final season. If this happens to be true, I'll be sad because it's still my all time favourite show, but I know it'll be ending for the better, because the show is just worsening, and airing it for any longer wouldn't be worth it if it was going to keep going downhill. But I still love the show and I can say that Seasons 1-4 are the best, while 10 and 13-14 are the decline in the show. But hopefully soon we'll get the long awaited movie. I will forever love Family Guy though, no matter what.
  • good good

a good series has some boring episodes but devastates
  • Very funny but bring back old writers back

Every once in awhile what the deuce should be there. Maybe once a as many smartass comments. Not as many cut aways as used to. Still love the show
  • Unbearable!

It used to be funny. However, I can now agree that American Dad is the superior show. I hope Family Guy gets cancelled before too long.
  • This show is an nothing more than a cancer.

If you want to see what show started the trend of people make terrible shows, especially animated ones, look no further than THIS one. I. HATE. THIS. SHOW. with every fiber of my being.

It's not funny, it's not creative. It's not even clever. It's just horribly made, horribly offensive and lazy as heck.

And the characters? Other than Meg and maybe Lois, they all should be shot or put in a mental institution. They are sick bastards who are a poison to audiences everywhere.

Stewie? That kid needs to be locked up in a padded cell and never let out. Who in their right mind thought it was funny to see him kill his Mom? No seriously, WTF is wrong with you?! I don't care if it wasn't real. It doesn't change the fact he is a disturbing psychopath.

Quagmire, or whatever the heck his name is. That guy should be castrated and put in jail. There is nothing funny about a pervert, especially one who is as vile as he is.

And don't even get me started on Peter Griffin. This guy is one of the worst, if not THE WORST male characters in the history of cinema. He is cruel, sadistic, uncaring, selfish, and just flat out a horrible monster.

It'd be one thing if he was a villain, then his behavior would be more justified. But he's not. He's supposed to be the father of the main cast, and he's just sick. He even laughed at his how daughter when she confronted him about his abuse. I was like, "You sick SOB!"

If any fictional character deserved brutal torment before being killed, it is him. Peter Griffin IMHO is the WORST father character ever.

Ugh, I'm rambling on now... all I can say now is, Seth Mcfarlane, I despise you with every fiber of my being. It's because of you we have this abomination, and because of you, other shows are now copying it.

You have forever shamed the name of cinema with your filth as far as I'm concerned,, and I hope you go down in history as one of the most reviled people of creators of animated shows. YOU. SICKEN. ME.
  • I don't care what everyone says, I still like the show!

FG is a great show too. One of its spinoffs, American Dad, was great, the other spinoff, The Cleveland Show, it was okay. But anyways Family Guy is a great show. I really like the characters, the cutaway gags, everything. It was a little sad that Brian died, however I heard that he returned in future episodes. Anyways, this is a great show and I don't care about the bullshit about the new eps, I still like them. It is a great show. I don't write the plot because everyone knows that.
  • Not my cup of tea

I think it makes light of serious issues such as rape, domestic violence, and sexism. Most of the fans seem like 13 year old boys who think they're edgy or something for watching it. The older episodes were better, and I actually used to be a big fan of the show when it first came out. Over time, the show just got tedious and stale. I just don't find it very funny anymore. If you have a kid, I don't advise letting them watch this show.
  • ideas for cutaways

Like that time Peter got lost in Africa Peter is left in Africa and is adopted by a family of tigers. Peter, now acting and painted like a tiger is in the grass hunting a gazelle. Eventually Peter violently kills the

Gazelle

Like that time Peter got raped Peter is in a dress walking down an ally and is being pursued by a tall, dark figure. Peter takes out and blows his whistle, which turns out to be a dog whistle, the tall figure falls down and out come 3 dogs (or he starts crying
  • REFRENCES ARENT JOKES

5.5
    Family guy can be funny when its not trying to make pop culture references, preach a message or be raunchy it does this most of the time so it is very boring or gross . most of the cutaway gags aren't funny at all they are either a popculture reference i don't get,lazy, or weird and boring. The animation is very dull all they do is stand still and make the same hand gestures over and over again it is hard to beleve this show has a big budget i've seen better animation on youtube . In the new episodes they use alot of cgi for some reason its just a waste of why don't they use it to improve the animation, the art is kind of dull even artists on the show complain about it, tit is fuist when they try to do slapstic or do absurd things not when t jokes the older episodes are much better than the new ones but even those are bad
  • Seth MacFarlane is a GENIUS

Seth MacFarlane NEVER disappoints!! This show is hilarious
  • Dear Snottmyfault

I created this account to let you know that this show is not going to cancel after this season just because you want it to. I understand that you disliked the 13th season of this series and hardly ever laughed in it at all. That, mister/miss, is YOUR loss. TV shows cancel when their ratings are really low and hurt; not when people who get easily bored with things like you quit watching the show (just because you don't like it anymore). So don't get your hopes up on this show canceling in a couple months from now. And don't get upset. Besides, this show has nothing to do with you.
  • Dear Seth Macfarlane

I normally don't give my opinion because I know for a fact that it doesn't matter and I know whatever I say won't make a difference but I created this account simply to encourage Seth Macfarlane not to do a season 15. For years I have been watching your show happily but season 13 was a huge slap in the face for my years of patronage. I am very displeased and I don't think I laughed more than twice at the entire season, and those 2 possible laughs were at the sheer stupidity shown by you and your staff. Your show has become tired and it's rather obvious that you don't give a fuck anymore. Please don't make a 15th season. No one in their right mind would pay good honest money to see you throw ridiculous words on paper as if they are jokes. Quit while your ahead. My family and I will not be watching season 14.
  • The Best Acid Humor You Can Get on TV Nowdays

Family Guy is the best of it's kind, always funny and clever throughout it's 14 amazing seasons, I just hope it don't get cancelled again because of some "fans" who thinks that the show is on downhill (sorry, english isn't my native language)
  • Never liked the Family Guy, but an episode did save my husbands life

My son (currently 20 y/o) loved watching the Family Guy. I would hear him laughing from the other room and I would just yell out, "that show is dumbing you down!" A little over two weeks ago, while out of town, I called to chat with my husband and asked how his day went. He said, "Well, started with getting a flat tire on the truck, then later I cooked a steak and almost choked. Sean had to do the Heimlich maneuver twice to dislodge the steak, fractured my ribs in the process, but I'm alive, breathing and no brain damage due to lack of Thinking Sean learned it in school or some other after school activity, we asked him where he learned it as we wanted to call and give whoever credit for sharing this knowledge. Imagine our surprise when Sean said, "The Family Guy". Soooo... If anyone can direct me on who/where to contact I would so appreciate it. I still don't like the show and will never sit and watch it, but i must give credit where it's due.
  • Sometimes it works, other times it just fails :/

5.5
    Family Guy is an adult cartoon that people either love or hate; I've sat through several adult cartoons and most of them were just okay while some failed miserably. Family Guy is in the okay category; there are some jokes I actually find funny, but most of the time the humor is just so blandly executed it makes you wonder why it's still on the air. Then there's the matter of the characters; Homer Simpson- I mean Peter Griffin is an idiot, but unlike Homer at least he has a sense of reason in some episode. Lois is Peter's wife who tries to keep things in order, Chris is the typical teenager that watches porn and is as dumb as his father, Stewie is the evil baby and Brian is the straight dog. I'm going to talk about Meg separately from her family because she's every teenage daughter we've seen before; she's belittled, she's humiliated, she's abused, she's harassed etc etc. And what's worse is that she just puts up with it and we as the audience are supposed to laugh at her torture. That's not how it works, if you're going to make torturing someone funny, they need to deserve it. Squidward is a jerk to SpongeBob, he gets hurt, the audience laughs. That's what we call slapstick, when a character gets his comeuppance for being a jerk. Meg never acts like a bitch to anyone, unless they treat her like shit; having her tortured for no reason isn't good comedy. Let's talk animation; it's not bad, but I've seen much better. The character designs have this really awkward look to them, especially with their heads; but like Hey Arnold, the rest of the animation is find and it's really a nitpick. The animation itself moves rather quickly, so quickly in fact that when they move a frame or two of animation is missing. Then there's the writing for each episode and---ughhhhh---it is just bad. For the plot of each episode doesn't pick up until several minutes in and when it does pick up, it is executed very poorly with pointless cut aways and annoying gags. So, yeah Family Guy has its moments, but there are much better shows than this; it's now gotten to the point where the people that were demanding the show be brought back after it was cancelled in 2003 are now the same people who want it to die. Maybe the should've been content with what they got instead of acting like a bunch of spoiled brats; then they wouldn't complain as much
  • I'm a hardcore fan indeed. But this show needs serious changes.

I am a huge fan of family guy. And I probably always will be. But I've noticed how it has declined lately. Seasons 1-6 were definitely the best seasons, my favorites are 4 and 5. The first 6 seasons were the most original and had good plots and funny humor that everyone would love. It has slightly gone downhill since Season 7, but I still really loved Seasons 7-12, in fact some of my favorite episodes are among those seasons. But Family Guy DEFINITELY showed the downfall in Season 13. It was a horribly desperate season with lazy writing, boring plots and dry jokes, as well as unnecessary cutaways that make me lose interest in what I'm actually watching. I could only name a handful of episodes I actually enjoyed from that season.

But this show seriously needs a comeback, fast. Whoever is doing the job right now need to get working because the newer episodes are just less funny. Now I'll admit that Season 14 has been pretty good so far (except for the premiere, that was awfully painful to watch). But before this show ends before it's time, they need to make serious changes:

1) PLEASE give Stewie more screen time, and Peter and the guys less screen time. A lot of the plots lately have been centering around Peter and his friends and they've been extremely boring. Plus, I hate Peter as well as Quagmire. 2) Change Peter's personality back to the way it was in Seasons 1-3, because to be honest, his self-importance, ignorance, and abusive personality is really putting me off. 3) Make sure the Meg abuse, or even the slightest comment or joke towards her is over completely now. I love Meg a lot and even though many people find it funny, I certainly don't. I find it disgusting, I've probably only laughed at it a couple of times when I first watched it. and,4) stop with the boring, unneeded, time-filling cutaways. They make me want to turn the *** show off. Idk, maybe you need them to fill up the episode time because there has been a lack of effort in them? Just please stop with them because they make the show unbearable to watch.

Clearly, I know that this show has lacked in sense or even humor since maybe 2011, but I still enjoyed the show from then up until Season 13. That season was horribly awful. Season 14 is an improvement indeed and I'm enjoying it a lot but they'res still some things that I want to see changes to. And all 4 of them are above. I'll always love Family Guy, but I'm not afraid to admit that this show has been lackluster lately. And if things don't change then it will end sooner than wanted. It certainly won't run as long as The Simpsons, it's most comparable show, but that's the way it is. Family Guy has just gone downhill lately and it's certainly not what it used to be. I kind of agree with people who say they rehash old stuff too. Please, just please, get your shit together and make serious changes to what was once a good effort. This show has hit the bottom of the pit. (my rating is 7.5 due to my love for the show including all the awful changes and because of s13)
  • A good show overall, but there are things in this show that I'm starting to dislike.

Family Guy is a good show. Seasons 1-3 were really good, season four and season five were pretty decent, and season six was alright. However, in season seven, the show went downhill. The storylines got worse, the characters started to annoy me, and the jokes just weren't as funny. Fortunately, the show went uphill in season eight, but there are still a few things in this show that I don't like.

Gross-out gags- I'm getting sick of the writers overusing gross humor. It's okay once in a while, but I'm getting tired of the characters vomiting all the time. I remember in one episode where Brian had to "clean" Stewie's diaper. It wasn't funny in the least.

Violence- Is it me, or are the characters getting really violent towards each other? Seriously, they just beat each other up for the worst reasons. I remember last night's episode where Quagmire barged into the Griffin's house, and mercilessly beat Brian. Scenes like that are unnecessary, and they're being used too often.

Lois- My new least favorite main character. She's extremely judgmental and rude to everyone. Also, she's really mean to Brian, and that's why I hate her character.

Racist humor- Family Guy is a funny show, but it definitely isn't funny when it blatantly makes fun of other groups of people. Things like people assuming that black people are robbing them just aren't funny.

Despite the bad, there are definitely some things in this show that are improving and keeping me watching this show.

Brian and Stewie- I know some people think these two characters are taking over the show, but I like seeing them in most episodes. They're my favorite characters in the show, as they're both hilarious, and they bring emotion into the show.

No Meg bashing- Meg getting picked on by the Griffin family got annoying after a while, but it's finally stopped. I like seeing Meg stand up for herself, and not be a punching bag.

Good humor- Despite some of the bad jokes in this show, there are still parts that make me laugh. The humor is still occasionally witty, and can be hilarious.

Overall, Family Guy has its flaws, but its still a good show. It had a bad run for a while, but it's improving, and I still like it.
  • Hilarious, That's it.

It's just stupidly hilarious, but nothing more. So much fun to watch.
  • What happend to the comedy?

As we all know many shows lose their touch as time goes on. However in my opinion Family Guy has been the worst offender of them all. While it was never my favorite cartoon, Family Guy used to be a really funny show. Yes while at the surface it seemed to be a subpar sop***ric Simpsons clone it actually was a clever funny and even occasionally heart warming show (though it was still packed offensive yet funny humor) Sadly though the subpar Simpsons clone that people accused it of is what I would generally describe the newer seasons.

Where Family guy lost its tough is very controversial. Some say it was after the 2005 comeback. some would argue it wasn't until season 13. To me seasons 1-3 were definitely the best but on the other hand 4-6 weren't too shabby either. For me season 7 was when the show took a turn for the worst.

Peter became a sociopathic criminal with hints of pedophilia and incest in one particularly awful episode, Brian has became a pretentious dick who is just there to blabbe Seth's thoughts, and Stewie is just a gay stereotype now. Almost all of the other characters have suffered as well, these were just the ones that stuck out in my mind.

Now as for the comedy it is generally pretty lackluster now. Cutaways are rampant and lazy as they get, the overly long gags are just dreadful and seem to go on so long that even if it was funny to begin with it got tedious and dull. Many of the references are just as forced. The biggest problem is the "shocking humor". I use air quotes because it isn't shocking, just so, so desperate. Instead of trying to amuse they just show the most heinous things and these things fill up entire episodes! They aren't funny for obvious reasons and they aren't even shocking because they show them so freaking much! It's like an 11 year old just discovered what curse words are.

With all these negatives though the score isn't very low. I think it would be unfair to give it a lower score because it used to be a funny series and even the newer episodes can be good if not great! Sadly these good episodes have gotten increasingly rarer and rarer, this is giving me a harder time forgiving the show for what it once was when the good to bad season ratio is getting less favorable each season.

It's Fox's time to pull the plug from Family Guy. Maybe give it another season or 2 and a movie but that's all this show needs at this point. Even with other series like The Simpsons, Adventure Time, SpongeBob and American Dad (to some extent, American Dad is still quite good) yes they have gotten worse but the episodes are still generally solid and the bad episodes are usually just boring. Family Guy's bad episodes are downright insulting and the series has lost a lot of dignity and respect as result to that. Let the show rest in peace while the crew works on American Dad or a new show with the enthusiasm that was long lost here. Or maybe Family Guy will improve, who knows :p
  • American Dad is so much better

I used to love Family Guy in seasons 1-4. Seasons 5-7 had mostly good episodes and also a few bad episodes, but seasons 8 to present are terrible. It's all a bunch of forced crude humor for the sake of crude humor, liberal propaganda, religious bigotry, and unfunny jokes based on characters being assholes to everyone. I especially hate Lois and Bonnie. They are truly awful characters. I wish this show got canceled years ago. It's now the worst of the 3 SMcF shows. The Cleveland Show was ok yet boring, and American Dad has always been pretty good. If the current year was 2006, I would rank the show 9/10. In 2012, I would give it 5/10. Now it's only 2/10. A few of the episodes from the last few seasons are decent, which is the only reason it's not 1/10.
  • Family Guy Needs To End

Just like Phineas and Ferb, Family Guy is a show that needs to stop airing, along with all of the other garbage like this show such as The Cleveland Show. But, I'm going to stick mainly to Family Guy now, because unlike our 'beloved' P&F, which ended, this show is still going on. The reason why this show needs to die is because of the Lady And The Tramp parody they did with Michael Vick. I can tolerate some show poking fun at this movie, which is one of my passions, but to parody it with such little care whatsoever, and having a parody that involves drowning two of my favorite characters, with HORRIBLE animation is INEXCUSABLE. FUCK THIS SHOW UP ITS ASS! And that's not the sole reason this show should be banned from every single network ever. It's also because everything I have seen of this show is unfunny anti-humor drivel with some of the worst fucking animation ever. This show doesn't even deserve a 1, because giving it 1 is basically like giving it a cookie instead of cake. This show deserve only one "1", and that is a fat middle finger stuffed up its ass and out its mouth.
  • South park is right about this show.

Family guy once had an appeal in the early seasons but now it doesn't. The cut aways are stupid they say remember the time i punched myself in the balls and it rolls a pointless clip. The gags drag on long enough to the point were it just plain boring and the majority of the time their just time fillers. In family guy they constantly reuse jokes up until the point where it is not even remotely funny they have had 3 chicken fights, Cleveland has fallen out of that bath tub like what ten times sure these kinds of things can be funny the first and second time but really come on. Then there is the Cleveland show which is just terrible I saw and episode and Cleveland said "I have fallen out of that bath tub more times then it could possibly be funny" so they are aware of it so why are they still doing it? And also they have done the bird is the word joke that is just plain annoying and unfunny and they have had to have Conway Twitty for 3 minutes I'm dead serious some boring country singer just to fill up the episode. Have you ever seen any other show do this?
  • Our brains can not take anymore of this garbage

To rate this show at all is actually a waste of time.

The characters are boring and exxaggerated.

It seems only to have one function and that is to make people that watch it stupid.

I've tried watching this show but it seems as if it was written by a very sick person, Simpsons could at least be funny as it was a serious comedy this UTTER GARBAGE has no place on TV or ANYWHERE!

Better to cancel it and save us the boredom