Family Guy

Road to Europe

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Feb 07, 2002 on FOX

• Another amazing Stewie and Brian adventure

Great episode, loved "You and I Are So Awfully Different"
  • Second Road to episode

Stewie is addicted to the British hot children's show "Jolly Farm Review" based on Mother Maggie, a benevolent figure who looks after kids on a farm. Brian makes fun of Stewie for watching the show, but Stewie is determined to visit Jolly Farm in England because he thinks he belongs there. He stows away on a British Airways jet, which he assumes is headed for London. Brian tries to drag Stewie off the plane, but before he can, the plane takes off. When the plane lands, they discover that they are in Saudi Arabia are stranded in the middle of a desert with no passports or resources to get out. As luck would have it, Brian and Stewie encounter a Comfort Inn in the middle of nowhere and manage to steal a hot-air balloon to fly home, but the contraption falls apart over Italy, just as the Pope is about to address the masses. Brian wants to head home, but Stewie insists on finding the Jolly Farm in England. When they finally get to England, Stewie runs onto the set of the show. His fantasy is crushed when he encounters only a set full of props and disgruntled people, including Mother Maggie. Meanwhile, Lois and Peter travel to KISS-stock, where Lois embarrasses herself because she doesn't know the lyrics to a KISS song. She redeems herself though when it's revealed that she once hooked up with band leader Gene Simmons! This summary is a long, seriously since it going to take a half of my official review. Anyway, the episode was not really perfect. It could done better, but I'll say that both plot was a bit boring in like 2-3 scenes. Parts I liked./laughed were Peter and Lois watching KISS (which features some guy bashing KISS), Meg criticizer her parents because of KISS, Candy tree part, Stewie's letter, the song, the tour with that German guy, Andy's Dick appearance, and a few more. Overall, this was a superb episode...not as excellent as the first road to episode which was like a couple years ago before this came out. 9/10
  • Blah, it's superb

9/10

• OMG this episode is brilliant!

I adore this episode! It was hilarious and shows FG's pure excellence when it comes down to humour. The best part was the Brian/Stewie dynamic (which I think is the best part about FG). The song was just funny and awesome all at once! Peter and Lois played a great part too when they went to see their favourite band KISS, and they got dressed up all Gothic. Oh, just too funny! XD

If you love this series, like I do, then this episode is truly a must-see. It is packed with silly, yet hilarious jokes that will have you "on the floor laughing!" Coming to think of it, this is my 2nd favourite episode.
  • Another great episode!

Just like in Road to Rhode Island, this episode follows the adventure of Brian and Stewie to the road to somewhere, this time to England, as Stewie falls so much for a childrens' program that he wants to go and live there, and later on, Brian follows him to the airport which causes both of them to land in Afghanistan or something close in which they get themselves in all type of adventures, until Stewie discovers that the program is just fake. Meanwhile, Peter and Lois go to a Kiss concert, but Peter gets dissapointed at Lois when she is not as funny as he thought, until he discovers that Lois once was friends to one of the Kiss's member. What a really cool episode!
  • My favorite part was when they not the pope of his balcony.

I thought it was hilarious when they were in the hot air ballon heading for the pope and knocked him off his balcony. Another funny part was when they went to see the Jolly Farm set and the Happy pig was some old guy and Mother Mother Maggy was some pissed off European with a nasty voice when they were suposed to be nice and mother maggy was suposed to have a calm voice like on the TV show. I think these road to - episodes are the best they are hilaiours like in the past with Road to Rhode Island. That used to be my favorite family guys episode until the episode death has a shadow came out.
  • We're Rhode Island bound........oh wait, this one's called Road To Europe!

7.9
    I reckon the summary and classification say it all. They did the exact same thing with Road to Rhode Island, and while that was a decent effort, re-hashing the same plot and setting it in Europe does not make it original.
    I can also understand why they did it, as Road To Rhode Island was Seth's personal favourite episode, but the fact remains that it was done already.
    The episode itself was alright, though probably Season 3's worst, but to be fair it is still better than most other shows. The subplot with Peter and Lois going to KISS-stock was pretty good.
    Overall, a fairly unoriginial episode, but still with several moments.
  • When stewie gets tired of the family, he decides to go runaway live on "Jolly Farm Review".

This is such a great episode. Between Brian and Stewie having their adventure, and Peter and Lois going to "KiSS-Stock" it really is one of my favorite episodes of this show. I think so of my favorite parts are when: Peter and Lois are at the KISS concert and they are sing and the cut to lois and have her solo the part "I want to rock and roll all night and ..." When Lois says "and have a really great time" The look on the audience and Peter's face is hilarous. It is such a good episode. I loved Rhode to Rhode Island, I hope they keep making these kinds.
  • A madcap race round Europe with Stewie and Brian... what's not to like?

Whilst Peter and Lois are off at KISS-stock, Stewie decides that he would rather live with the people at 'Jolly Farm', his new favourite TV show. So he decides to go and join them at the BBC in London. Brian has to follow him. Their trip encompasses the the Middle East, where they dazzle the locals with a great musical number- 'you and I are so awfully different'. On from that, they embarrass the Pope in Italy. think they see Tom Bosley on a train in Switzerland, get in an argument with a German tour guide in Munich about the Second World War (the guide gives the Nazi salute, which is actually illegal in Germay) and get stoned in Amsterdam, before landing in London for Stewie to discover that Jolly Farm isn't real (complete with Mother Maggie's wonderful putdown, which is too rude for me to put here).

If that dose of insanity isn't enough, at KISS-stock, Lois embarrasses Peter by not knowing the words to a wellknown KISS song. Turns out she's not a big fan of the band, and Peter is angry. She redeems her coolness though, when Peter finds out she slept with Gene Simmonds (and J Geils!). Genius episode!
  • The second in now what is a trilogy of Road to- episodes!

I enjoy the Road to episodes it's always good to see Stewie and Brian going on an adventure for some reason and it really was funny.

Okay, where should I start well the letter Stewie wrote to Brian was great, with the whole button thing.

Then there is the subplot with KISS, I enjoyed this and it was great to see the nudists again, always fun. And I like how Lois got around with the celebritys, lol.

Oh, and the song, me and my friend John after watching this episode broke out in song and dance singing in the very next day right in frint of the teacher and the class, and we got a weeks worth of detention too, but it was worth the laughs.

I really like this episode and it wasn't real heavy on the cutaways either, something I enjoy. 4 stars!!
  • So this is why the show was cancelled.....

When Peter and Lois attend some Kiss concerts they leave the kids in the care of Brian but when Stewie travels to Europe to live in the make - believe land of his favorite TV show, Brian has to stop him.

If you enjoyed Road to Rhode Island then you'll enjoy this a lot; probably because it's essentially the same but with better animation and some location changes. The chemistry between Stewie and Brian is really what keeps this episode afloat while the tired jabs at the Middle East and Europe provide merely momentary bursts of fuel because outside of a sketch show; racist jokes can't sustain for half an hour.

The highlight for the episode is the funny musical number with Seth Macfarlane providing an awesome vocal routine as both Stewie and Brian; how does he do it?

Whether it's because i hate Lois and Peter in general; their sub - plot involving KISS just wasn't really very good and tied with commercials as the most irritating interruption of Stewie and Brian's brilliant storyline.

Out of the third season; Road to Europe is the worst but out of the Road to... chronicles, it's OK.
  • It definitely wasn't as strong as Road To Rhode Island but I got some laughs out of it

7.4
    So my main opinion was just revealed, right above.

It was still a good episode with a decent storyline but I'm sure they've done this before in a better and funnier way. It was decent, but a little disappointing. Stewie and Brian were the centre of attention tonight and that was great but Peter and Lois were up to stupid and this would have to be one of the silliest endings for Family Guy, it felt like there could be more -- IMO that's just my opinion.
    Still, a fine example of a second Road to .... but just not as strong as the previous.
  • The 'Rod To Europe'!

This episode was quite interesting, but definitely not my favorite one. The storyline was good, but it felt like ti had been all done before, and because of that, I didn't enjoy it too much.

I loved how Peter nad Lois just left, leaving the kids behind! That was weird, but I loved that aspect of it!

The episode also had decent humour, but even in that respect, it wasn't the greatest episode, and I didn't find myself laughing as much as the previous one.

Overall, and I'll add that there were some great emoments, a decent episode, that I would recommend, but not the most excellent.
  • This is a really funny episode.

This is a sweet episode. Stewie gets high with Brian.

Peter and Lois decide to go to a KISS concert. When they get to a certain part of the song, Lois doesn't know the words. She confesses that she doesn't even like KISS and she just pretends to like them so Peter would be happy. Peter hates Lois until he finds out that before KISS was famous she did one of them. Then Peter liked her again.

Stewie really likes this new show called Jolly Farm. He watches it everyday. Then he decides to run away to go live with Jolly Farm. Brian goes to look for him. Brian see's him on a plane. He sneaks on and the plane leaves. It was the wrong plane. They ended up in Saudi Arabia. They steal a camel there and travel to th middle of the dessert. They find a Holiday Inn and they stay there. Then they steal an air balloon and travel to London. When they get there, Stewie finds out that Jolly Farm is fake. He is sad, then Brian and Stewie go home. They jump on a train. They get home just before Peter and Lois get home from the KISS concert. Brain thanks Stewie for not telling Lois what really happened.

I give this episode a 9.6 out of 10.
  • My wife did KISS!

Following the success of Road to Rhode Island in season two comes another Brian/Stewie travel adventure with hilarious results.

Though not as good as Road to Rhode Island, this episode is close to being that good with two side splitting plots involving a KISS concert in which Lois doesn’t know the words, singing “I want to rock and roll all night and have a wonderful time” and Brian accompanying Stewie to England to see the Jolly Farm, Stewie finally realising it was fake at the end.

Both plots have classic jokes and hilarious scenes and that equals a worthwhile, entertaining watch.
  • Stewie wants to travel to Europe and live Mother Maggie on a British TV show.

This was hilarious! I couldn't stop laughing! Stewie's letter was pretty funny and I loved Stwie and Brian's song. I also thought the Marquis De Sade joke was the best line in the series. By the time Stewie and Brian stole the camal I was crying with laughter! This is my favorite episode of Family Guy ever!
TBS