Family Guy

Save the Clam

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM May 05, 2013 on FOX

5.3
  • So Blah!

So yep, this was not a funny episode, I fell asleep on it twice . Then a couple of days later I tried watching it and fell asleep half way through it agian, FX don't deserve that dislike it was sh*tty.
  • good episode with a few exceptions

overall I enjoyed saving the clam. seeing jerome made me smile and based on the ending I really hope he becomes a regular on the show though horace shall be missed. Peter quagmire and joe had good moments at the clam and i liked peters recollecting simpsons moments thinking them to be his own. however their "fight for the clam" seemed a bit weak and poor humored. only the ending with joe returning and jerome's claim helped. i missed seeing stewie and brian in this episode as lately they've been the only funny characters. The meg and chris subplot was good at first with meg but when chris came in it just died. They needed to either make it one cutaway or make it bigger plot cause it wasn't doing it for me. but overall good episode
  • Good to see Jerome again

It's about time they brought Jerome back. I was wondering what happened to him after "Jerome is the New not my favourite character but he seems alright and it was a nice touch having him buy the Clam at the end.

Gotta slightly agree with FX on this one. The episode started off hilariously! The baseball game was pretty funny, especially the stupid lesbian joke ;)

While I didn't feel as sad to see Horace go. If it were Moe from the Simpsons it might have been a different story! But it was still kinda sad.

I loved the scene when the guys got drunk. That was worth a good few laughs. But the Meg and Chris plot was a little pointless. Now the problem is that Chris and Meg, in more recent episodes, barely say anything compared to the earlier episodes. Therefore I don't feel as interested in their brother-sister relationship as I do with, let's say, Bart and Lisa.

Now I'm not shrugging Family Guy off at all. I LOVE the show and will continue to do so, but I did lose a little interest near the end. Considering the Clam has been such a central place for the guys, there wasn't much of a battle to save it, and I didn't quite see the point of Joe leaving only to return. However, Peter's childish attempt to cover a wall drawing of Joe hanging did make me smile.

Overall, first half was much better than the second half and the writers need to develop the bond with Chris and Meg.
  • Waited for it to end

About half way through I lost interest and started to troll 4 Chan. I sat down for the purposes of watching this show and turned away once the reality of how crappy this episode was started to set in.
  • Save the Clam

Too many dumb jokes (they had two cutaways involving a mirror tonight) and just not a funny enough premise. The Meg and Chris 80's style story was the dumbest since their last 80's style story, where they covered up Stewie's head gash.

Very sub-par.