Family Guy

Screams of Silence: The Story of Brenda Q.

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Oct 30, 2011 on FOX

4.3
  • I couldn't believe how low Family Guy has gotten. This was worse than the season premiere episode but that one had a couple of laughs and that is saying a lot. I enjoy dark comedy if done right but this episode was so dark I wanted to see the light.

Quagmires' sister Brenda returns after she heard that Quagmire was in a coma. He awakes after she sings to him. Brenda brings her abusive boyfriend who still beats on her. Looking at the situation, Quagmire decides to take matters into his own hands. With the help of Peter and Joe, they took the boyfriend into the woods to kill him. The boyfriend outsmarts them and tries to kill Quagmire but Quagmire gets the upper hand and kills the boyfriend.

There was nothing funny about this and how they treated the subject matter. Violence against women is a serious subject and there or have been shows that treated the subject right whether it was a drama or sometimes a comedy. I know Seth was trying to go for a serious episode but he brought back a character that wasn't even worth bringing back. Brenda was a very weak character and wasn't developed enough and neither was her abusive boyfriend. If there had been a back story on them, then I would have liked Brenda more. She never stood up for herself and the boyfriend was a one note monster. Seeing Glen as the hero was just wrong. I agree with another review that continuity in this show is bad. I wished there had been continuity. The zit joke was bad and so were every other joke.

Time to lighten up Seth!! As I said before, this episode was so dark I wanted to see the light.