Family Guy

Seahorse Seashell Party

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Oct 02, 2011 on FOX

4.8
  • is a bad trip while dealing with serious family issues. i mean, is like requiem for a dream, just when you expect family guy.

This episode is incredibly bad. The show has been going down since about the time the switched to widescreen but this episode is just incredibly BAD. Preposterously awful. A tour de force to show us what comes up when you really set your goals to make something B A D.

It deals with Brian taking shrooms and going into a bad trip that far from being funny it feels like the real deal. Is like the guys were able to capture Munch's Scream in a Family Guy episode. You can feel the bad trip, you can experience it with Brian, like you yourself are enjoying all the perks and niceness of watching someone REALLY freak out. Is Fear and Loathing in Quahog (Without Johnny Depp to actually make you feel bad tripping is funny).

The other story is Meg centered, which by itself is bad news (and they have even joked in the show about how Meg is the least favorite character), but it goes far beyond from her dating Mayor West or anything we've seen before. This time she gets serious and screams to everybody because the way she has been treated since the start of the show. She has been denied family love for 10 long seasons and in this episode she wants her family to know it. And we are stuck with the least favorite character ranting family issues that doesn't make sense in a show that is supposed to not make sense and is supposed to make fun of everybody. Is like Jar Jar Binks explaining with physics why the force is a lie to Yoda. Is Kidz happening in your screen when you aimed for Rush Hour.

Then at the end we get the wrap up, reminiscent of the love sharing moral teaching crappy ending early 90s sitcom, just if the premise to such sickly sweet ending is some weird drama that failed to make you laugh even once.

This episode is terrible. And I thought the first episode of the season was awful.

TBS