Family Guy

Seahorse Seashell Party

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Oct 02, 2011 on FOX

4.8
  • Okay, but could have been better

The things that I enjoyed: the Lady Gaga cutaway, Meg finally standing up to her family after several years of being treated like crap, and Brian's hallucination of Peter as a chicken, being roasted, singing "Wheels on the Bus."

The Meg plot was my favorite plot because it was good to see Meg finally stand up for herself after years of both physical and verbal abuse. Seeing Lois break down and cry was my favorite part of this plot, because it showed us that she got her daughter's message. My second favorite part of the plot is Peter, Lois, and Chris yelling at each other. It turns out that not only does the family despise Meg, but they actually despise each other, and Meg serves as a lightning rod to absorb all of the abuse and dysfunction, so the family doesn't fall apart. She just might be the strongest person in the family, and she remained strong, even after Chris called her the B word. Hopefully, after this episode airs, Meg will start being treated with the love and respect that she has much needed since the series revival in 2005. There's hope for Meg.

The Brian plot was kind of boring and dark. The only parts I liked were Brian's hallucination of Peter being roasted as a chicken, and the hallucination of Stewie being a snake.

Final Grade: D