Family Guy

Spies Reminiscent of Us

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Oct 11, 2009 on FOX

• When Stewie and Brian discover that the guys who moved into Cleveland's old house are spies, they follow them on a mission to Russia.

When Stewie and Brian discover that the guys who moved into Cleveland's old house are spies, they follow them on a mission to Russia. This episode was very mediocre. I didn't laugh that much here and the plot was just boring (both of them). Peter's plot was repetitive but the subplot was a bit of boring as well. I only laughed at the beginning, Peter keep using Cleveland's old restroom, Peter trying ti impress the spies by a using an impression, cutaway with Chris at Africa, Stewie in a random scene, Russian cutaway, and Cleveland falling fall at his new house (then Tim the Bear briefly appear and said I don't get it). Overall this was a boring episode and it only worth seeing again every now and then rather than seeing it twice a year. 5/10
  • WORST. EPISODE. EVER! No question there...

I was so bored while watching this episode I actually couldn't wait for it to end. "Family Guy" used to be the funniest series in the whole wide world and now it's just boring as hell, worst than "The Simpsons". Seriously, what's with all these ridiculous storylines? Chevy Chase and Dan Aykroyd are spies, and Peter, Quagmire and Joe start up an improv comedy group? That's just not even interesting to begin with, and to actually use those stories to make an episode of what was once a brilliant series... I mean, the season premiere, with all the travelling through dimensions, was a stellar episode, and it actually gave me hope that FG would be back to what it was in the first four seasons, but the last two episodes sucked... I'm not giving up on FG for now, and I'm currently watching the amazing first seasons, but if this keeps going the way it is...
  • Chevy Chase and Dan Akroyd moved into Cleveland's old house but Brian and Stewie discover that they are spies

I thought that this was a good but average episode of "Family Guy". Not really as terrible as the people were saying it was but it wasn't also great either. It's probably one of Brian and Stewie's worst plots I've ever seen though. It was funny that Chevy Chase and Dan Akroyd moved into Cleveland's old house and they were revealed to be spies. The Russian spy plot or whatever didn't really get my attention. Of course, there were some funny parts that I really enjoyed. Peter and Lois racing to go the bathroom in the beginning of the episode was funny. Peter using Cleveland's old house to use the bathroom was hilarious. It was funny that there was an elephant in the Griffin home who is an exchanged student while Chris is in Africa for a couple of weeks. Chris' cameo appearance when he was in Africa was very funny. Peter, Joe, and Quagmire trying to come up with something funny and they come up with "Improv" was very funny. The very ending with Cleveland (now in Virginia) with him falling down in this bathtub was very funny especially when Tim the Bear said "I don't get it". I loved seeing Tim the Bear (from "The Cleveland Show") making a quick brief cameo appearance at the very end of this episode. The rest of the episode was just alright but I wasn't buying the whole Russian spy plot and I found it to be very lacking. Overall, a good but average episode of "Family Guy"... although, it's not as bad as people are making it seem. 7/10
  • Another boring episode.

This episode was kinda boring, please avoid unless you're a die-hard fan.

4/10

F F F F F F F F F F F F

• Worst Stewie and Brain episode

Chevy Chase and Dan Ankyrod move in Cleveland's old house, and Peter has them over for dinner. Peter tries to tell them some jokes, espicially his John Wayne joke, but they tell him he isn't funny. Peter kicks them out, and tells Joe and Quagmire what happened. They start their own improv group, and it goes terrible for them.

Meanwhile, Stewie and Brian discover that Chevy and Dan are both spies, and Stewie and Brian join them on their journey to stop the russians from building a nuke. They only was to stop them is saying the phrase, "Gosh that italian family at the next table is sure quiet".

This was an okay episode with the improv plot, but it was a terrible Stewie and Brain episode. I only laughed at The tim the bear scene, and the Spy vs Spy scene in that plot. However, when Joe and Peter and Quagmire were doing improv on stage, that was funny.

Overall Grade: 70%/C
  • A bad Stewie and Brian episode!? Family Guy, your reaching the end of the barrel.

In this episode, two celebrites move into Cleveland's now unoccupied house, and Brian and Stewie investigate, finding out that they're actually spies working for the government, and apparently they inserted a chip into a person's brain and when a certain phrase is said he will return to Russia to send a nuclear missile into space. The person turns out to be Adam West, and they chase him to Russia. The main problem was that this story was predictable and boring. For example, I knew Adam West was going to be the mole or whatever because I've seen these kinds of spy stories all the time. Overall, unoriginal, boring, and not worth your time. 4/10 F
  • Brian and Stewie discover that there new neigbors are spies. They end up taging to help.

After two episodes of pure gold I thought the third would be great as well. I was wrong. Hear is what I liked about the episode. The fight sence with Brian and Stewie. The Brandy bunch gag with Mike killing his first wife. Alice saying she didn't see a thing except a raise. What I did not like about the episode. Peter using the American flag for toilet paper. That was very crude and in poor taste. Being open minded I can handle most Family Guy jokes. This joke went way to far. I also thought for the most part that the episode was boring. I enjoyed The Cleveland show better.
  • No Thanks.

This is an episode that failed Family Guy again. The Spies Like Us theme was waaaaaay too short and the comedy group theme was way too boring. Still, this show had good laughs, Spy vs. Spy anyone? Anyways Dan Ankroid and Chevy Chase has come to Quahog and they are secritly spies after Ronald Reagan made them because Spies Like Us was his favorite movie. And, Quagmeyer (I don't know how to spell his name!), Joe, and Peter start a comedy group and . . . and . . . and my body coud not find that funny at all! I also like to mention Meg's charactor was born in Russia and only spoke Russian, Meg spoke Russian at the end of this episode.
  • Not funny at all.

This episode is one of the worst Family Guy episodes I've ever seen. It was very boring. I didn't laugh at all. I thought the main story with Brian and Stewie was mediocre. It would've been okay if they had done more with it, and made it more entertaining. I hated the B story, it was so stupid. Peter, Joe and Quagmire starting an improv group is not a good plot to begin with. There was nothing good about this plot. All they did was reuse Peter's terribly unfunny John Wayne act over and over. I found the joke of everyone else thinking it was hilarious pointless and irritating. Overall, I was bored to death throughout this entire episode, and I wanted it to end. I hope the next episode doesn't disappoint me.
  • Boring.

Brian and Stewie embark on an adventure to Russia after discovering that their neighbors are spies. Meanwhile, Peter and gang try their luck at imrpov comedy. While the main storyline involving Brian & Stewie was pretty good, the 'improv' bit was one of the most boring moments ever on Family Guy. It was one of those scenes which you just wish is over quickly so that the story can revolve more around Stewie and Brian. Brian and Stewie make a great team as evidenced in 'Road to Multiverse' this season and should be given more focus. I'm simply tired of Peter and his shenanigans. And he's not even remotely funny these days.
  • Decent episode..

To pin down this episode as outrageous and funny would definitely be an overstatement. At the same time, I found a good portion of gags quite funny and overall this episode was entertaining.

The cold open was again borderline gross, cliche, awkward, and funny. We have had enough of poop jokes, and family guy has unique obsession of doing it again and again. The elephant as an exchange student was another gag that was lost in alleys of absurdity. Stewie and Brian's storyline involving Dan Akroyd and Chevy Chase was good and did produce a few laughs. Peter, Joe, and Quagmire's improv story was ding fine before they botched it up in the end.

Good episode.
  • I'm being very generous with a rating of eight.

This episode of Family Guy was a slight improvement over the last one, but it was still pretty awful.

There were a couple of great scenes, though, which is why I havge given it a pretty decent rating. I personally loved the 'Let's Get Loud' scene with Peter using Cleveland's bathroom.

I also enjoyed the scene towards the end, in which the missile fell on Cleveland Brown's new house, and we got to see the lovely Tim the Bear.

The plot was interesting, in my opinion. However, there was very little humour for me, so it wasn't that great.

The line, "Gee, that Italian family over there is really quiet" or something like that, was awesome! That cracked me up!

Please get better, Family Guy!
  • Blah... -SPOILERS-

So Dan Aykroyd and Chevy Chase come to Quahog, and Peter and his buddies decide to start a comedy routine. This plot sounds fair on paper, but it really fell flat on it's face in my opinion. We open the show with a humorous take on Peter not being able to use his own bathroom, thus he lands up in Cleveland's old house using his. The only thing I wasn't to found of during this is when Peter decided to use the American Flag as toilet paper. Hmm

Later on during that whole escapade, Dan Aykroyd and Chevy Chase land up renting the house and Peter is over joyed at the idea, thus the show takes it to a dinner scene and Peter just really drys the show out with some unfunny jokes about John Wayne and Thanksgiving. Did Stewie seem out of place during this scene with the odd laughter?

Later on, Brian and Stewie want answers as to why Dan Aykroyd and Chevy Chase moved to Quahog; so the only answer was to go and find out for themselves. We get a scene that they're looking through Clevelands old house, and just some random thugs point the two into the house, they attempt to have a Pepsi, and then fly down a secret entrance into a government control center. This is where the usual Family Guy comic act takes motion as we get a story about Ronald Reagan liking Spies Like Us so much, that he appointed Dan Aykroyd and Chevy Chase as secret Agents.........Yeah......Fine...

Meanwhile, Peter is at the Clam upset that Dan Aykroyd and Chevy Chase hated his routine, and repeats it to his friends Joe, and Quagmire. For some reason, they find is hilarious, and this was the part of the show I truly got annoyed with. I'll just put this in a nutshell. They try to develop an act, Peter doesn't know Improv comedy, or understand it, Quagmire is trying to flex a serious side, and Joe is just there. They land up doing a show, and it sucks, except.....-sigh-... When Peter reverts to his crappy John Wayne act again, and then adds other characters into it....

So let's go back to the original plot. Stewie, Brain, Dan Aykroyd and Chevy Chase decide to go to Mayor West and explain that SOMEONE in Quahog is under Russian control, and will be activated under a secret phrase. It's Mayor West...Because 22 minutes isn't enough time to make it anyone else. So they land up saying the phrase, West decides to speak Russian, and fights the 4 down. West flies off to Russia to...Activate...A...Missile? I guess a good reason to travel and see the heroes reprise they're winter coat outfits from the original movie.

Ok, I know i'm getting way in over my head, so i'll finish this us. There are some funny moments with Putin, the gang finds West in front of the missile, and stops him...Sorta... Let's just say we get to see Cleveland go through another bathtub joke falling out of the house...

This episode had some charm to it in some places, but I couldn't help but feel tortured watching at some points. The whole improv part could just be taken out all together in my opinion, but to each their own. While, I enjoyed more moments with the main Heroes, and getting to see Dan Aykroyd and Chevy Chase make an appearance (Growing up around them), this episode just fell flat because of the lack of direction. We could of shortened the bathroom joke down, and had more time for the main plot. In a way, this could of been of a good "Road To.." episode.

-Peace
  • Chevy Chase and Dan Aykroyd come to Quahog.

Okay, so this episode is no "Road to the Multiverse" but I still found it highly entertaining. In essence this too is kind of a Brian and Stewie episode, just maybe to a lesser degree. I find it fascinating that Chevy Chase of all people guest stars on this show, after the countless jokes they've made at his expense in the past, even in recent seasons. But oh well, it's funny nonetheless. More however with Brian and Stewie's adventure rather than Peter's improv troup. But the laughs are alot and even Cleveland makes a brief cameo. Only... did anyone find reason with Peter borrowing the American Flag to wipe himself with in the bathroom? I didn't find that funny.
  • Back to being boring again.

5.5
    After last week's stellar episode of Family Guy it is back to garbage once again on Spooner Street. The series is back on relying on ridiculous references and obscure namedropping to keep viewers interested in the drivel they are trying to sell off as comedy.

For every successful Stewie line there was a failed Peter, Brian and/or Chevy Chase joker attempt. That ratio was kind to Family Guy in the old days, but not anymore.

I do have to applaud the research done for Quagmire's role tonight as his dialogue of an improv comic seemed very legitimate and believable, unfortunately Peter and Joe's corresponding behavior was not.
  • Chevy Chase and Dan Aykroyd guest star as themselves in an episode that is a homage to Spies Like Us.

To be honest, I didn't really enjoy this episode. I thought Chevy Chase and Dan Aykroyd guest starring role was actually really annoying. As well as the whole improv side plot thing. I did laugh at some parts part a really good episode would have me rolling and dying from laughter. But this episode kinda fell short. It wasn't a really horrible episode, but is was pretty bad and it wasn't a really excellent episode. At least to me. I really liked the ending though, and not just because it ended. At least I believe this episodes deserves a 6.0 and at most it deserves an 8.0.
  • Chevy Chase and Dan Aykroyd move into Cleveland's house in search of a sleeper agent activated during the Cold War. When the agent (Adam West) is activated, Brian and Stewie and the two actors/secret agents are whisked away to Russia to stop him.

This was by far not the greatest Family Guy that has been aired, but there have been a number of episodes in the past that were just awful and this, over all, was acceptable. This episode, and the two preceding it, had very little cutaway gags compared to the seventh season, and the seventh season's cutaway gags were mostly centered on how bad some movie or television show was or something negative about an actor, which I found almost all the time, generaly unfunny. So far, season eight is turning out as decent as season five and/or six (Thought the first four seasons were pretty much classic).
  • When Dan Akyroyd and Chevy Chase move into Clevelands old house Brian and Stewie discover they are spies on a secret mission to uncover soviet sleeper spies, meanwhile Peter sets out to form an Improv group to prove to them he is funny.

This was without doubt the worst episode of Family guy I have ever watched. Unlike the majority of Family Guy episodes which I find hilarious despite the warped plot, this one had no real plot, no direction and what little storyline existed had no point, no punchline and kept me in a constant state of boredom from beginning to end. I hope this is a one off blip and that the writers arent running out of ideas or iun all likelihood the series will get cancelled again, but on this episodes basis it will never be renewed. Very disapointing considering this season had an excewllent start to it.
  • Dan Akyroyd and Chevy Chase move in a cross the street and Brian and Stewie become suspicious. Sure enough they are spies like us (as in the movie) and are searching for Russian sleeper agents left over from the Cold War.

I'm noticing a lot of unhappy votes for this episode. Overall I found this fairly funny. Maybe it's in relation to the show that proceeded it?

Peter once again is so stupid he doesn't even realize what Quagmire is doing with all of the comedy improv techniques. At least Joe caught on. I guess that is one of the things about Peter we find endearing. The improv shtick was a little funny though. The John Wayne thing got stupidly amusing by the end as only Peter can be.

The main plot was based of course on the movie the episode title comes from. It was sort of stupid, but at the same time it was classic Family Guy. "All Russians are bears on unicycles?" "Why don't you have a Pepsi?" Then Akyroyd with the source programmable guidance bit based on words they are chatting about.

Stewie was great when he thought everything Peter said as hilarious. Where were Brian and Meg at dinner? Destroying Cleveland's house in Virginia at the end was funny when the booster rocket fell on his house. Not the greatest episode of Family Guy, but I found it entertaining. Thanks for reading...

Why must Seth Mcfarland always throw in a "joke" or a gag designed to purposely tick people off? Case in point, in tonight's episode Peter was in desperate need to use the bathroom and the bit ended with him borrowing something to use as toilet paper which turned out to be an American Flag from Joe the neighbor. How is this even supposed to be funny? Two of the previous weeks, he purposely poked fun at religion. We are all well aware he is an atheist. But, why must he insist on pushing his beliefs through on a popular show knowing that he will tick off the audience that helped make him what he is today!! I do not get it!! Will he please stop and keep the show to what made it so popular. Leave the ideology and religious jokes out!!
FOX