Family Guy

Stuck Together, Torn Apart

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Jan 31, 2002 on FOX

• Peter sees Lois hanging out with an old friend;Brian and Stewie gets glued together

Lois runs into an ex-boyfriend while shopping. Knowing Peter would be jealous, she has coffee with him behind Peter's back. Peter, while hanging with the guys in Joe's new police surveillance van, spot Lois. Angered, Peter tries to make Lois jealous by having prostitutes pose as his old girlfriends. After a marriage therapist suggesting a trial separation, Quagmire makes his move on Lois, and Peter goes on his own date... with actress Jennifer Love Hewitt. Meanwhile, Stewie and Brian become superglued together, and must deal with each other waiting for the solvent to arrive, and actually warm up to one another. This episode was almost perfect. My only problem was that Peter and Lois' plot was a little boring, but still good to watch. Brian and Stewie's plot was much better and there were no boring parts at all. I cracked at all the parts in that plot. As for Peter/Lois' plot, there were some parts that made me laughed such as Peter as different person, Peter and the guys hanging out at the van, Quagmire thinking to himself, the cutaways with Peter being upset with some of the phrases, and a few more. Overall, this episode almost episode. 9.5/10
  • An okay episode

A great episode, I liked how brian and stewie wanted to hold hands at the end.

8/10

• Probably the weakest episode of Season 3 but I still liked it for the most part

Everyone seems to love this episode. I don't love this episode like everyone else but I do like this episode. While this was probably the weakest "Family Guy" episode of Season 3, it wasn't a bad episode and it was pretty funny. The plot with Lois and Peter dating other people wasn't that much of a great idea to me. I thought Brian and Stewie's plot when their hands were glued together were twice as funny than the main plot. It was hilarious when Peter and Lois went to their therapist and the therapist showed the videos such as Lois reading Meg's diary to Peter, Chris, Stewie, and Brian and then Meg comes in the room and gets upset, Chris spanking himself, Brian and Stewie showering together because their hands are glued together, and few more videos. Peter looking through the binoculars and seeing cells in Joe's chin was very funny. I also thought the Pac-Man cutaway was hilarious. It was also funny when Brian and Stewie saved that little girl and then the little girl is thrown back in the well and then the little boy says "Hey, that's my wife" and then the long arm dude comes. Mort and Muriel's niece being Jennifer Love Hewitt was also pretty funny. I kind of didn't enjoy the scene when Peter and Jennifer Love Hewitt, Lois and Quagmire were in the restaurant and seemed to be a little draggy for my taste. It was great when Lois and Peter came back to each other in the end. Overall, not the best episode of Season 3 but I did like it for the most part. 7.5/10
  • Breathtaking!

This episode was one of the most hilarious ones to date. I loved the first few scenes, especially when Peter attempted to get free sausages repeatedly from the queue.

It was also great when the piano fell on Meg Griffin. I enjoyed having Brian and Stewie glued to each other; that was just a great concept!

This episode had me laughing so much! It is certainly one of the best episodes ever, at least in my opinion. I also laughed a lot when Mort said that their niece was Jennifer Love Hewitt!

In my opinion, this show is just so ridiculous that it is hilarious! I love this episode and I highly recommend it to all!
  • Flippin hilarious!

This is what I miss about Family Guy that the recent episodes have been lacking. Actual funny jokes and gags! Although it's atypical of Family Guy to include usual minority gags in the mix, the whole scene with Joe's advanced surveillance truck beating up on Cleveland just had me rolling on the floor, and it immediately followed up with the whole joke about Morte and getting spit on his eggs. There are just so many hilarious knee slapping laughs in this episode, such as Morte's dating video and Stewie and Brian's superglue problem, but none of them compared to the whole scene with Peter getting jealous of Louis. Awesome, just awesome!
  • Laughed till I cried. Probably one of the best episode to date

This was freaking awesome, especially the Jenniffer Love Hewit being turned on scene by Peter's ridiculas behavious, what a damn crack-up. So much happened on this episode that I wouldn't even know where to begin. Okay, Stewie and Brian got superglued to each others hands because of a small incident in the supermarket that resulted in their hands to be joined together.

The other side of the story lead to Peter and Lois's troubled marriage. The break-up for a while was funny, for Lois it was when Quagmire wanted to date Lois and when she said yes he starts his loud giggle again, so damn hilarious!
    For Peter, which was the best part of the episode, he and Jennifer Love Hewit were hilariously eating dinner where he started feeding her, OMG, then the s*xiest part was the her turn on and her need for s*x. It was awesome, Lois ruined it but saved it with heaps of laughs!.
    For Brian and Stewie, their hands eventually went loose from each other again, so it was all excellent.

Overall, so freaking hilarious and probably my favorite episode to date. The laughs, but more importantly, when Jennifer Love Hewitt was turned on by Peter. Great stuff.
  • One of the best episodes that I have seen from this whole series. This is the type of episode that reminds me exactly why I watch this series.

• Peter's jealous!!!! **dramatic sting plays**

Now this is a good one, I love Peter getting Jealous and then spying on Lois when she catches up with her old boyfriend and the Mort thing when they're at the cafe - that was great.

The cutaways were actually pretty funny in this episode and I like seeing all of Peter's old girlfriends too, The ho, the lesbian, the one that's obsessed with him and Glenda the fat woman with all the babies, I especially like Brian and Stewie with the ho and the banana joke.

And the other story was good too, really funny actually, and I like at the end when they decide to hold hands on the way home.

The Jennifer Love Hewitt thing was cool too as Mort's neice and Quagmire going on a date with Lois was funny as.

This is a really funny episode and I enjoy it everytime I see it.
  • Yeah!

Really col episode! Peter gets jealousy out of extremes now and we manage to see that from other flashbacks, after going to a store Lois finds with another boyfriend of hers, and later he invites her to a coffee and is really cool! Later both of the decide to go out with a matrimony counselor and he tells them that they should start dating other people, Lois goes out with Quagmire and Peter with Jennifer Love Hewitt, and when Lois sees her kissing Peter, she understands how does Peter feels and decide to get back together. Meanwhile, Brian and Stewie get glued and spend two complete weekends together that is really cool, after they discover they like each other, and later they used their glued in order to save a girl. Really cool!
  • Let’s go drink ‘til we can’t feel feelings anymore!

This episode is hilarious, Stewie and Brian stuck together by the adhesive glue and Lois and Peter on a trial separation after Peter gets overjealous.

The cutaways were great, especially Peter’s different jealousy flashbacks and Stewie jumping on the bed which caused his odd shaped head.

Jennifer Love Hewitt was a hilarious addition to the show as Mort’s niece and Peter’s date, Quagmire also being a hilarious partner for Lois.

The end where they decide to control their jealousy together and hit people anyway was a great way to end the episode as was Stewie and Brian used to be holding hands.

Overall, this was a brilliantly written episode, both plots being hysterical and definitely worth watching.
  • All around funny!

When Louis sees on old friend from school, she couldn't wait to see him again. But she know she couldn't because Peter had some jealously issue. So she sneeks out and ends up bing happy with what she did. But Peter ends up finding out what had happened, with the help of his friends. So Peter feels that since Louis hooked up with an old friend, he should too. But they end up terrible, so Peter ends up hiring a hooker, I think so, to pose as his old girlfriend. Louis makes them take a marriage class to fix their promblom. The doctor said that they needed to see other people for a while. So Peter moves out because of it. When they are on their sepperite dates, Peter is with Jennifer Love Hewitte, and Louis with Quagmire. Later on. Louis gets jealous and wins Peter back.
    Meanwhile Stewie and Brian accidently get stock together with gule. The company gives them a glue mover, but they wont get it for anouther week. So they try to do their normal stuuf while being jointed by their hands. When the glue remover finally comes, they had to wait a while, so when they took their walk they see a little girl that needs their help. Brian and Stewie saves the little girl and get freed from the glue. But in the end they held hands on their way home.
  • One of the best family guy episodes around

This episode is one of the best episodes around and thast saying something. Lois meets up with her old boy friend and when Peter funds out he obviously becomes jealous. While Stewie and Brian get stuck together by this certain glue that never comes unstuck so they have to wait 2 weks to get it of. This episode has many funny little skits and is real enjoyable to watch. It is real funny when Peter goes to find his old friends to try to get Lois jealous. The other funny bit is when they have the camera in their house and the footage is funny while little things are shown. Watch this episode if you every get the chance you will enjoy it.
CW