Family Guy

The Fat Guy Strangler

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Nov 27, 2005 on FOX

• Best and Funniest Episode in Season 4

This episode is without a doubt one of my favorites not only of the 4th season,but in the whole series. So many good and clever uses of Jokes and the Story is very Memorable, Introducing Lois' Brother Patrick who strangles Fat Guys... POW, right in the kisser. Only one Joke I found that I am not to fond of was the Butter Spread Commercial, I know they were trying to make that scene Awkward and Disturbing, but I just don't see why they had to put that in. anyway besides that it was a great episode and one of my personal favs. :)
  • Funniest episode for season 4

Lois discovers she has a brother named Patrick and therefore takes the family cross-country to meet him. However, it turns out that he's in a mental institution, but Lois thinks he's sane, so she checks him out to live with the Griffins. Meanwhile, Peter starts a Society for the Acceptance of Fat Men. However, the fat men of Quahog are strangled one-by-one.so the Fat Society live in terror. Who is the strangler? This is definitly the funniest and best episode for season 4. I had no problems at all, so a 10 will do for me. Everything here was very funny to watch. I laughed at Peter lying to go eat with the guys, Peter telling Lois about his health (and he didn't actually go there), Brian and Stewie's antics throughout, ball in the cup, pow right in the kisser, Stewie's reaction seeing the fat guys, and three/four more. Overall, best episode for season 4 ever. 10/10
  • One of the best since the show's revival.

What i liked:

-NAAFP

-Marion

-Pow, right in the kisser

-french fried taters

and many more

Overall a perfect episode

10/10

• Lois discovers that she has a brother named Patrick

I thought that this was an excellent episode of "Family Guy" and it was most definitely a hilarious episode to watch. I couldn't stop laughing at this episode. The plot is genius and the humor is clever and original. It was interesting to find out that Lois discovered that she has a brother named Patrick but her brother happens to be in the mental hospital. There were so many hilarious moments in this episode. It was hilarious when we see a reference to having sex with a rhinoceros that doesn't love you anymore (kinda random though). Peter dressing up like a horse for no reason was definitely hilarious. OMG, it was hilarious when Peter said "Pow! Right in the kisser" and scared Patrick. I also loved the scene with the TV orbiting around Peter. Of course, there were more enjoyable scenes as well. Cart yells at Lois because she released Patrick and Patrick is known to be extremely dangerous. Patrick is the strangler and everyone arrives at the woods just in time when Patrick is strangling Peter. Patrick is brought back to the hospital by the next day. Overall, an excellent episode of "Family Guy". 10/10

Note: marebear2009 requested me to review this episode.
  • Very funny episode!

I thought this was a terrific episode and one of the most hilarious ones I've seen! The plot of Lois discovering she had a brother was very interesting, and pretty much all the jokes had me laughing hard, such as Peter dressing up like a horse for no reason when he pretended to go to his physical and the doctor stalling when Lois asked him about Peter's health. Stewie's "French fried pataters" line and the TV orbiting around Peter were also very funny. My favorite part, though, was Peter repeatedly saying "Pow! Right in the kisser!" and scaring Patrick. This was an all-around fantastic episode in my opinion and one of the best I've seen overall! Final grade: A+! Marebear2009, out!
  • hilarious!

lois discovers she has a brother in a mental hospital. she releases him so the family can get to know him. they soon realize however, that he kills fat men because of an incident where he was younger. when peter's life is threatened, will lois be able to stop her brother and save her husband?

hilarious episode. some of it in the middle was kind of boring but overall this was a hilarious episode that i laughed at almost every joke. great plot too. so because of all of this my overall grade for this episode is an A+ of course
  • The Fat Guy Strangler

Yes, I know my most of reviews involve me saying how the new episodes of Family Guy cannot hold a candle to the old ones, but this was actually a pretty good installment of the best animated show on TV. Ignoring the sitcom cliche of a character randomly having a brother out of nowhere, this was actually well done and a nice little mysterious edge to the brother's behavior. The Fat Guy Coalition was great and there was a nice little action sequence to close things out.

I have probably seen this episode a dozen times by now, but it is still very funny.
  • Heeeeeelarious!!!

This episode was consistently funny this entire episode. A series classic, it came at you left and right and you couldn't stop yourself from laughing! It opened up with one of the more hilarious gags in Family Guy when the doctor kept on saying those morbid things that aren't related to Peter's health, which he does mistaken for his health. One of the best scenes in Family Guy. And then the whole fat coalition, Brian and Stewie riding the stairs down using Lois' parents' body, the whole dead fat people scene in Stewie's room, man there is just too much jokes to give credit for! Although Family Guy usually offends certain groups of insecurities, I think even fat people can get a knee slapping laugh out of this episode--just because some of the gags and jokes here are so ridiculous and cleverly set up too.

An A+
  • This episode is about Peter finding out that he's fat and having trouble coming to terms with it. Lois also finds her long lost brother.

In my opinion, this is the funniest family guy episode that there is. This episode captures all facets of humor it has dark humor with Patrick, Slapstick as usual with Peter, as always Parody with references to many pop culture icons. It even has comedy in the fat men anthem. I have probably seen every single family guy episode to date and this episode takes the cake. My personal favorite part is the shtick comedy with Dr. Hartman. I found this to be very funny. I also love the random reference to having sex with a rhinoceros that doesn't love you anymore. Also, the people who invented singing was also very funny to me. You can't go one minute in this episode without bursting out laughing. If you haven't seen this episode I'd strongly recommend it.
  • Season 4, Episode 17.

Lois discovers she has a brother named Patrick and therefore takes the family cross-country to meet him. However, it turns out that he's in a mental institution, but Lois thinks he's sane, so she checks him out to live with the Griffins. Meanwhile, Peter starts a Society for the Acceptance of Fat Men. However, the fat men of Quahog are strangled one-by-one, so the Fat Society live in terror. Who is the strangler? This episode actually is a series classic, and dramatic. Lois has a brother that she never knew about, and he wants to kill Peter! Pretty good episode, definitely.
  • To sum it up in one word, "Fantastic"!

Wow, what a great episode! This time, Lois' brother comes to Quahog, but soon, they discover that he is 'The Fat Man Strangler'! Fearing their life, the fat man along with Peter flee and Lois' brother goes after them.

A classic line from this episode:
    "Why is there a half-dead fat man eating a dead fat man in my room!" I think it is Stewie who says that!

Well, this is one of my favourite Family Guy episodes because mainly, it was so funny. This show is always funny, but somehow, they always find some way to make it even better! Fantastic!
  • Lois finds out that she has a long lost brother, she then finds out that he lives in a mental institution. Thinking that it was a mistake Lois invites him to live with her and her Family. Meanwhile Peter starts an organisation for his fellow fat men.

This was one of the Family Guy all time Classics, Very Funny. When the fat guys are all sitting down and making noise you would think it would get annoying but it never did. I think that the scene at the doctors was the funniest thing i have ever seen, it just kept going and going and going. If you havnt ever watched family guy watch this one and you will instantly become obsessed with it. Along with Petarded and Chick Cancer it is my favourite episode, and ive seen all of them. Cant wait for season 7, its gonna be AWESOME.
  • I don't care how many people "disagree" with my review; this episode is not as excellent as they say.

Lois discovers she has a long-lost brother, Patrick. She discovers he was put in a mental hospital after seeing his mother being seduced by Jackie Gleason; so she consents to release him, but after a childhood flashback by Peter, he becomes traumatized and starts murdering overweight people. Also Peter is informed by his Docter that he's catergorically overweight and starts a coalition for fat people like him. Chris Sheridan wrote the script for this episode as well as for Airport '07, Road to Rupert, Barely Legal, Stu & Stewie's Excellent Adventure and Untitled Griffin Family History and this episode does have the same fast - pace and the plot device of having the two main plots interwine which has never really been done before is used to great effect here but the key problem is that there is no real plot; it's pretty much all shtick.

The jokes come thick and fast but not all of them are that great; the killing of the dragon, the ball in the cup, the song at the fat guy's funeral and the George Bush gag are all scraps of what's already been done on the show and the sad part is that they squeeze as much out of them as possible. The putting the pickle on the couch joke and Brian's reason for throwing the rock at Peter were both in - jokes jokes and didn't really make sense. It's never clear whether the writers sympathize with overweight people or consider them as figures worthy of ridicule but overall this episode includes many cheap shots. On a brighter note the episode does look and sound fabulous with nice detail and animation and the way even the most wacky of occurences look real.

Robert Downey Jr. gives a great understated vocal performance as the nutty Patrick and manages to be chilling while being low - key. Bob Barker appears as himself but i doubt that people will notice and/or care that they went through the trouble of recording the game show host for the sake of a passing gag. Furthermore the people singing the song at the fat guy's funeral is quite beautiful despite the uncouth lyrics; aside from that we're treated to the standard vocal work from all of the regulers.

Fat Guy Strangler is by no means a bad episode but the so - so jokes and overdose of skits interfere with what would otherwise be a pretty special episode.
  • So funny in so many ways. How could you not like this episode???

After finding an old family picture showing a brother she never knew she had, Lois sets out to find her unknown sibling. Meanwhile, after a physical with Dr. Hartman, Peter realizes that he is fat and decides to fight for fat people's rights by founding a fat people's club. Lois, Brian and Stewie sneaks into her parents' mansion undetected (due to her parents getting so drunk and high on other things, not even an earthquake can wake them) and discover her brother's location while the other two ride the grandparents down the stairs. Lois soon finds her brother Patrick in a mental hospital, where he's been locked up since childhood and thinks he has a wife whom no one but him can see. After talking with him for a few minutes, she decides to take him home. There, Patrick explains that he was locked up because he was traumatized as a child when he walked in on their mother having an affair with Jackie Gleason, who apparently ejaculated in her face while saying his catchphrase, "Pow! Right in the kisser!". Peter brings back the trauma from that event and triggers Patrick's killing spree by wearing a bus driver's uniform identical to the one Gleason wore on The Honeymooners and repeating this phrase several times.

Lois soon gets a call from her father, who yells at her for releasing Patrick, for he's extremely dangerous. Yet she is reluctant to believe that Patrick is the Strangler, even with obvious signs (pictures of Pat strangling fat guys, a dead fat guy in Meg's room, being eaten by a half-dead fat guy in Meg's room, and others). Finally, she gives in and believes everything, and it's up to her and Brian to save Peter from being strangled when he leads his group into the wood to track down Patrick. They arrive just in time as Patrick is strangling Peter. Lois threatens to "kill" his imaginary wife, distracting Patrick. Brian takes the opportunity to hit Peter with a rock for "rolling up the damn window when I tried to jump in the General Lee." By the next day, Patrick is brought back to the mental hospital.
  • a funny episdoe

when lois discovers she has a long lost brother she brings him to the griffin househould anyways, what a good episode !!!! both plots were fantastic and a must see this is a good epidoe . a really good episdoe no i mean a reallly good eisode "sigh" it's a good episode with a good plot and good humor and what more do i have to say about it other than it's a good episode man i'm praising this good episdoe of family guy since it's a good episode . man , am i saying you know what a lot so yeah
  • "Ball in a cup! It's a ball in a cup!" Don't forget about the doctor and all his jokes. But it's a ball in a cup.

The doctor says Peter is fat. Of course, with Peter's stupidity, its news to him. Lois had no idea she has a brother. And whats with the deal of that Butter Spread commercial. "Family, I don't know how to tell you this...but I'm fat." Peter decides to start his own group for fat people. Turns out Lois's brother is the "Fat guy Strangler." Oh, and Brian found George Bush in a treehouse. Stewie found a half dead fat guy eating a dead fat guy. Overall, this episode gets an 8.3 rating. It was great, but not perfect. It's Family Guy! YEA!
  • I hated Jackie Gleason even more than I already did after watching this episode.

This is one awesome episode, I can't beleive they got away with all the deaths that Lois' brother does, woops did I just spoil something... lol. Anyways this is a hilarious episode and I furrily enjoy the plot of Peter realizing he's fat for the first time and of course Lois' brother story was hilarious two! This episode would've got maybe a nine point five if the episode didn't have so much time spent on the stupid filler joke with the Doctor and all the misleds, that was just stupid and unfunny. Stories envolving the Peutershcimdts are most times funny and that can be confirmed by this episode.

Exaclty Why I watch this Series!
  • Lois has a brother!

6.7
    Lois finds out she has a brother that the family have being hiding. She tracks him down and finds out he has being staying at a mental institution. Lois takes Patrick back to Quohog to stay with her. Peter starts a fat people support group NAAFP (National Association for the Advancement of Fat People) and one of them is murdered by "The Fat Guy Strangler" we find out that it's Patrick that is the killer and that all fat people in Quohog are in danger. Including Peter.
  • Pow, Right in the Kisser!

A very funny Family Guy Has Lois discoverd that he's got a brother named Patrick and he's in a mental institution. The family takes him home. Meanwhile, Peter formed a organization of fat people. Just then, someone is killing all the fat people in Quahog. when Patrick is the suspect and Lois defends him. Even when there is dead fat people in his room. One barely alive. so you see, this epsiode is about crazy people and fat people. And yes, Peter keep repeating "Pow, Right in the Kisser" from "the Honeymooners." this is classic "Family Guy" at it's best.
  • POW! Right in the kisser! POW! Right in the kisser! POW! Right in the kisser! POW! Right in the kisser!

I saw this episode tonight and I absolutely thought it was halarious. It starts out when Peter has to get a physical and the doctor is saying a bunch of random things that makes Peter and Lois think he's going to die.

Good news is: Peter's not gonna die. He's just fat.

Lois also finds out she has a brother. Patrick is in a mental institution. Ever since he saw his mother having sex with the late fat Jackie Gleason, he's been behaving rather psychotically. Lois decides to take him home where Patrick meets Peter, who starts a group session for fat people. Their first meet goes absolutely nowhere because everyone is constantly burping and farting.

Brian and Stewie are continuing to think that Patrick is a nut. He has a wife named Mariam...an imaginary wife who Brain and Stewie decide to have fun with with a pickle. ("Mariam's giving a thumbs up!")

Finally, Patrick snaps. He tries to convince Peter that this whole fat group thing is silly. But then Peter dawns his Jackie Gleason cop outfit constantly screaming "POW! Right in the kisser! POW! Right in the kisser! POW! Right in the kisser! POW! Right in the kisser! POW! Right in the kisser! POW! Right in the kisser! POW! Right in the kisser! POW! Right in the kisser! POW! Right in the kisser!"

Then on the news, Lois hears that one of the fat people from Peter's group was strangled, by none other than Patrick! After a continuous series of murders, Lois finally tells Peter about Patrick. Peter and his group of fat people chase Patrick into "James Woods". They split up and although the other fat guys are never seen again, Peter catches Patrick who tries to strangle him until Brian throws a rock at him...Peter that is.

Patrick finally comes to, until Peter continues his "POW! Right in the kisser!" chant. Patrick is sent back to the hospital.

And that's my review. Yea...this was one of the funniest episodes I've ever watched. It had its really nice share of interchangable jokes, even if there were a bit much, but still funny. The plot of some dude killing fat people was also funny. It takes guts to write stuff like this. Either that or just a weird mind lol 9.7/10
  • I loved this episode!

this episode had some of the greatest jokes in family guy history! The episode starts off with peter skipping his physical to go have steak with the guys. Then when he comes back lois autimaticilly knows that he didn\\\'t go so he takes him. That scene with the doctor I couldn\\\'t stop laughing! The shtick was hilarious! Anyways, the doctor tells Peter he\\\'s fat and Peter gets very defencive! Also, Lois finds an old picture that has a picture of her brother! So she breaks in to her parents house and realizes he\\\'s in a mental instatution so she breaks him free. Meanwhile, Peter starts a fat guys club and finds out that there\\\'s a fat guy strangler out there. Meanwhile, Lois is trying to deny the fact that Her brother, Patrick is meanbtally insane and is the Fat gut strangler! Peter, along with the other fat guys, chase Patrick to James Woods. They finally catch him and he goes back in to the mental instatution. Great episode!
  • Lois discovers she has a long lost brother Patrick (my new fav character).

After finding an old family picture featuring a brother she never knew she had, Lois sets out to find her unknown sibling. Meanwhile, after a physical with Dr. Hartman, Peter realizes that he is fat and decides to fight for fat people's rights by founding a fat people's club. Lois finds her brother Patrick in a mental hospital, where he's been locked up since childhood. After talking with him for a few minutes, she decides to take him home. There, Patrick explains that he was locked up because, as an infant, he walked in on their mother having an affair with Jackie Gleason. Unfortunately, Peter's physical appearance and manners bring back the trauma from that event, and Patrick goes on a killing spree, strangling fat men.

Lois is reluctant to believe that Patrick is the Strangler, even with obvious signs. (Pictures of Pat strangling fat guys, a dead fat guy in his room, a half-dead fat guy in his room, and others.) Finally, she gives in and believes everything, and it's up to her and Brian to save Peter from being strangled.

This is one of favourite episodes you gotta love a killer!
  • Pow! Right in the kisser!

When Peter accidentally knocks over a photo of Lois's family she finds a bit of the photo has been folded up. When she unfolds it she finds that she has an older brother! Lois brakes into her mum and dads house to find out where he lives. When she goes to his place she finds it's actually a mental institue. They soon find out why he was there when he starts to strange fat people. The reason being was because when he was younger he saw his mum and the man who says Pow right in the kisser together. A pretty funny episode.
  • How awesomely hilarious is this episode. I could not stop laughing at how great this episode was.

The beginning scene is my favorite when Peter asks Brian to dress up in a horse outfit so they can leave without Lois knowing that Peter was going to go eat steaks with the guys rather than go to his physical. The beauty of the scene was that they were dressed in the outfit, they walked out, and Peter tells Lois that he was going to his physical. And then on the car ride Brian is like, Ok I’m just gunna say it, Why did we need the costume?
  • Lois finds out that she has a brother who is an insane murder.

I loved this episode. Its one of my favs. I honestly didn\'t expect Lois\' brother to be the murder, I thought maybe he was in the insane asylum by mistake or he was framed for being the Fat Man Strangler and they catch the real killer. I can\'t wait till I get this season on DVD. I love Family Guy, its a more perverted version of The Simpsons, which is my favorite show. Brian and Stewie are my favorite characters, I feel so bad for Meg she gets screwed over too much. If I had Peter for a husband, I\'d seriously kill him.
  • Out of the way, Lois! Your brother is toast – warm, buttery toast!

This episode is one of my favourite season 4 episodes, with hilarious scenes such as the doctor’s office, Brian and Stewie riding Mr and Mrs Pewterschmidt down the stairs, the police sketch of the suspect’s wife and Peter’s pointless horse idea.

Both the plots are very creative and entertaining, Peter’s fat coalition having great lines such as Peter accepting he was fat (“It’s nobody’s fault… Meg!) and Lois’ insane brother with great scenes such as Lois in denial when she sees Patrick’s room, even when it comes to the dead fat guy under his bed (“Coincidence?”) and the dying fat guy saying Patrick tried to kill him (“Maybe it’s a different Patrick”).

Overall, this is one of the best season four episodes yet, up there with my other favourite, Petarded.
  • This episode may have been rather low brow but it was truly a laugh a second.

Now this was a very good episode and it made me laugh alot...but I won't say it was a candidate for the best because it was really dumb....but that did in a way work in it's favour....this episode manged to pump out enough jokes for 3 episodes and most of them hit the mark...asll aside from that thing with Peter\'s orbit...that was a misfire. Now I feel that the episode did resort to fat jokes abit much to concider it a Family Guy classic because it was too silly much like the season 2 episode "Too Sexy for his Fat" but like both of those episodes this was very entertaining.
  • Pretty good, I love ball in a cup.

"Hey kids of america, its hand painted wooden ball-in-a-cup, Mexico's favorite toy for over 340 years. Who needs constant video game stimulation when theres ball-in-a-cup? You just toss the ball, catch it in the cup, dump it out of the cup, toss it, and catch it in the cup again. The ball is on a string and attached to the cup, so theres no worry if you dont catch the ball in the cup. And clean up is as easy as catching a ball, in a cup. So why spend another day not catching a ball in a cup when you can be catching a ball-in-a-cup?" hahaha I thought this was the greatest thing EVER, I had one of those when I was little!, I love family guy and this episode was no exception.
  • Got to be one of the better episodes of season 4.

I just saw this ep. on Fox the other day and it was just what I expected. LOL jokes and a pretty decent story. When that guy fell down all the stairs I couldn't stop laughing! The Paul Shaver fire alarm scene was excellent also. "Police have also released this sketch believed to be his wife".........Shows nothing. Great episode! Keep up the good work.
  • By far the best episode yet!!

Even if you normally don't like this show (which if freaking impossible)anyone is bound to love this episode whether it's stewie and brian talking about the cucumber, stewie's "find your penis for a dollar"or ball in a cup thing, brian's reference to "To Live and Die in Dixie" or any other AMAZINGLY written line from this episode! Just another reason why i love this show!!!
< 1 2 3