Family Guy

The King is Dead

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Mar 28, 2000 on FOX

• great episode

Lois becomes the director of the production "The King and I" for the Quahog Players theater group. Peters wants to play a role in the production, but becomes more of a nuisance, so Lois decides to make him a producer to get him out of her hair. Peter goes on a power trip and tries to take total control of the play, firing Lois as the director and rewriting the entire play to fit his own vision. The musical is turned into a very interesting, racy cyborg battle. This episode was great, but there isn't very much laughs here. I may had laughed in most of the cutaways (such as when Peter kept referring to his penis, the weatherman, and some others). Most of the parts just bored me and I wish it was better. Alrthough outside of the cutaways, I really enjoyed the musical number. Overall, a great but boring episode of Family Guy. 8/10
  • It was okay

7.5/10

• great

Humorous parts: Peter's art class, sculpting, and conducting parts (am I supposed to paint/sculpt/conduct with my penis being the highlight of each), Lois degrading Stewie (sing ba-ba black sheep), Stewie hitting Peter and then Lois (well, I just plain don't like you), Loretta hitting Diane Simmons, etc.

The first half had some good parts, but the second half, with Peter's version of the musical, bored me and I just wanted it to end. The first half was pretty funny but the second half had like no laughs from me, which hurts the episode slightly. Also, the ending was stupid; instead of a somewhat sweet, sincere ending, where Lois and Peter made up, we have to get a quick joke in, and have Peter ask "Were you there when I farted?" Come on. Is it a crime to end an episode on a sweet moment WITHOUT a joke? Still decent episode. B- or so as my grade.
  • this was a good ep

in this ep of the show family guy louis is in charge a of a play she is putting togeather and peter wants to help but thing is he is becoming to much for her and she cant deal with it so she makes him producer but he goes on a power trip and starts to become bossy and he fires loius and takes over and rewrites the play from what it orginal was supposed to be to a racy cyborg battle story this was a good ep and it had some funny parts in it and that is why i gave it a 8.5
  • Out of all the classic funny epsidoes of the legendary first 3 seasons of Family Guy this one was the worst althogh still briliant

Out of all the classic funny epsidoes of the legendary first 3 seasons of Family Guy this one was the worst althogh still briliant nothing classical like Peter Peter Caviar Eater ,Da boom or Death is a **** is named director of the Quahog Players theatre group production, and she decides to produce The King and I. Joe, despite being paraplegic, is named choreographer. Lois names Peter producer in the hopes of keeping him out of the way, but Peter gradually takes over, radically changing the play. He gets the play mentioned on the news by casting newscaster Diane Simmons as Anna, trying his best to make the play perfect for Lois and him. Peter announces he's giving the role of Anna to Diane Simmons.Peter also adds material inspired by The Jerry Springer Show and Flashdance. Lois finally quits out of extreme anger over Peter and leaves Peter as the director. Peter's constant changes frustrate Diane into quitting, so he plays Anna himself. Lois plans on making Peter miserable by making changes to everything that comes to her mind, starting with breakfast, adding fish and undone eggs.

Peter's version of The King and I depicts a post-apocalyptic future set in the ruined world of 2015 AD after the ninth nuclear world war. The world "is a grim future filled with lots of explosions and partial nudity", ruled by an oppressive king, played by Brian. ANNA is an "Automoton Nuclear Neo-human Android", a robot ninja from the planet England sent to rid the world of the king's tyranny. ANNA, not confused by the bikini-clad Siamese "children's" (actually women) all-female sex orgy, kung fu fights with the king and defeats him, changing Siam into the United States of America.

Lois attended the premiere just to see Peter get humiliated for ruining the story but, to her astonishment, anger, disappointment and disbelief, the show is a hit. Then, she insults the audience for applauding the show, claiming that the show is an example of pure trash. She seemingly embarrasses Peter, but Peter then lets out an unusually long fart onstage that everyone hears, and they clap again, completely ignoring Lois, and making Peter one of the most popular people in Quahog. Later, Peter comes back from a celebration party, but thanks Lois for giving him the chance to express himself and making the show possible (as if she had quit to make him popular, though it is clear that she did this to get him infamous). Lois, feeling a bit guilty for the way she acted, admits she was not supportive of Peter's work, and also admits that the show must have been good in the way that people found it entertaining. Peter is touched by her words and promises to get her the job as director again next year.
  • My god, alright this is the best this show has to offer

Some of my favorite parts include when peter was on the hill leaning over enough to fall. It seems shortened because of all the nudity was cut. That part seemed odd. The part if the scene is when he crashes in a house full of spainish people. The next favorite was when Lois was telling peter her news and walks in to a room as soon as she says s word. The show seemed like a complete mess up with lois. it seemed fun when peter leaned over and fell on some of the equipment. The play presented something way out of prduction. All lois wanted to do was to bring culture to Quahog. This was a funny episode.
  • An episode that had really high highs and really low lows. SO in the end good, but not what we have grown accustemed to from Family Guy.

Lois is named director of the Quahog Players theatre group production, and she decides to produce The King and I. Joe Swanson, despite being paraplegic, is named choreographer. Lois names Peter producer in the hopes of keeping him out of the way, but Peter gradually takes over, radically changing the play. He gets the play mentioned on the news by casting newscaster Diane Simmons as Anna, trying his best to make the play perfect for Lois and him. Peter announces he's giving the role of Anna to Diane Simmons.Peter also adds material inspired by The Jerry Springer Show and Flashdance. Lois finally quits out of extreme anger over Peter and leaves Peter as the director. Peter's constant changes frustrate Diane into quitting, so he plays Anna himself. Lois plans on making Peter miserable by making changes to everything that comes to her mind, starting with breakfast, adding fish and undone eggs.

Peter's version of The King and I depicts a post-apocalyptic future set in the ruined world of 2015 AD after the ninth nuclear world war. The world "is a grim future filled with lots of explosions and partial nudity," ruled by an oppressive king, played by Brian. ANNA is an "Automoton Nuclear Neo-human Android", a robot ninja from the planet England sent to rid the world of the king's tyranny. ANNA, not confused by the bikini-clad Siamese "children's" (actually women) all-female sex orgy, kung fu fights with the king and defeats him, changing Siam into the United States of America.

Lois attended the premiere just to see Peter get humiliated for ruining the story but, to her astonishment, anger, disappointment and disbelief, the show is a hit. Then, she insults the audience for applauding that show, claiming that the show is an example of pure trash. She seemingly embarrasses Peter, but Peter then lets out an unusually long fart onstage that everyone hears, and they clap again, completely ignoring Lois, and making Peter one of the most popular people in Quahog. Later, Peter comes back from a celebration party, but thanks Lois for giving him the chance to express himself and making the show possible (as if she had quit to make him popular, though it is clear that she did this to get him infamous). Lois, feeling a bit guilty for the way she acted, admits she was not supportive of Peter's work, and also admits that the show must have been good in the way that people found it entertaining. Peter is touched by her words and promises to get her the job as director again next year.
  • The King is dead family guy keeps on delivering

Lois gets the job of director for the Quahog community theater and decides to do a production of The King and I. Peter gets upset when he isn't chosen for a part, so Lois decides to make it up to him by naming him the producer. The changes that Peter then insists on create so much disruption for Lois, however, that she quits in anger and leaves him in charge. Free to express his own vision, Peter puts on a show that few will ever forget. When Lois becomes the new director of the local theater, she decides to put on a production of the Anna & the King. Thinking that he will instantly get a part in the play because Lois is the director, Peter auditions. After his audition bombs, Lois decides to let him the producer in order to not hurt his feelings. That's when things go terribly wrong... In conclusion this episode had a good storyline It's not my favorite episode but it really does show Peter's funny sensative side and is generally a must watch for all Family Guy fans.
  • A fine example.

This episode is great!! Imagine this: Lois producing a local musical version of the king and I play, then Peter discovering he has no talent, then Lois trying to get him out of her way says he has to be a producer and tells him he has to be producer and fill every seat in town, then Peter recruits Diane(the local news woman)to replace Lorreta as Anna and then he starts to have power trips, changeing the script hugely, and then eventually Lois quits, Peter makes a crappy yet kickass play, and Lois respects it and they decide to make their next play togethor. Now that's the Family Guy I love and remember from seasons 1-3, brilliant, a small and hitting it home plot, with some surealness inbetween not joke-after-joke with just a small story to follow. Curse you FG seasons 4-5!!
  • This episode is freaking sweet!!!!

This I must say is the funniest episode in season 2 The funniest part of the episode is when peter turns the king and I into a really funny,sick twisted story of a robot warrior called anna.
    Buy season 2 on DVD and look at the king is dead it is hillarius.
  • This is a sweet episode.

This episode isn't that funny, but it's kind of a classic. It's a really good episode. Peter actully does something good for once.

Lois becomes the director of a play. It's called "The King and I". Peter wants to be the star role of the play. Lois doesn't want him to, but she doesn't know how to tell him. She decides to just make him the producer instead of letting him act. He starts goes crazy and starts making a lot changes to the play. He makes so many changes that Lois quits. Peter becomes the new director of the play. Peter basically rewrites the whole script. He makes Daine Simmons the star role (Diane Simmons is a news reporter). About an hour before the play starts, Peter is still making changes to the script so Daine Simmons just quits. Peter decides to take her place as the star role. The play finally starts and it is so stupid. It has aliens, robots, girls in bikini's and a lot of guns. It really sucked, but the whole crowd liked it. Lois was shocked that everyone liked the play and told everyone how stupid Peter was. That just made them like it more. Later, Peter apologies to Lois for talking over the play. Lois accepts his apology.

I give this episode a 9.2 out of 10.
  • Good episode!

This episode is really cool because it finally marks the appearance of Peter in theatrical environment and that is what makes this episode so cool! I liked the part where Peter thinks he is a producer and falls from his mansion, and also the one where he gets to art, music, and sculpting class, its just so funny! I like it so much! Family Guy is the best, and this is one of the best episodes I have ever seen... is really cool!
  • This is just a formality snce I happen to be doing the director

This episode had great scenes from every character such as Peter and his failed attempts at expressing his creativity through art, sculpting and music and Stewie's outrage at his chaacter chosen since he was bigger than that.

Then there was Brian's acting skills, Lois' spite and Peter's directing which were all used brilliantly in this episode.

Peter's version of the play turned out hilarious with Peter changing the script every few minutes until Anna became a robot ANNA and Siam's siamese children became hot cheerleaders.

Overall, the episode isn't the best episode in season two but it does have some must watch scenes.
FOX