Family Guy

The Kiss Seen Around the World

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Aug 29, 2001 on FOX

• Standard.

Its fair enough for viewing but looking back on all the episodes its not a great one.
  • Meg gets a job at Channel 5 News and Stewie's new tricycle get stolen

When Meg, due to her crush on Tom Tucker, the newscaster, applies for an internship at the local television station and gets the job, she is disappointed to find that her news partner is the most reviled nerd in school, Neil. Caught in a life-threatening news situation, Meg laments that she never had a first kiss and agrees to kiss Neil only to find that he taped the whole thing in order to broadcast it across the world. Meg broadcasts her own news that she has no interest in Neil, sending him to the ledge on top of Town Hall. She breaks his fall, only to find out that he had no intention of jumping and was just trying to get her attention again. Stewie's prized new tricycle is stolen by the neighborhood bully, but the bully soon learns not to screw with Stewie. I thought this episode was great. Eh, it is really not my favorite episode since some of the scenes got dragged. I liked Stewie's plot better than Meg's. There were only like one boring part in that plot since it was bascially a time filler scene. Anyway, I laughed at the big fat phony gag, Meg falling for Tom Tucker then she imagines her with him (and she is seen kissing the screen), Neil's appearance throughout the episode, Peter recording then God came out of nowhere, the bully taking Stewie's tricycle while he actualy stole it, the man saying "Look at the cute baby," and a few more. Overall, a great Family Guy episode. 8.5/10
  • Fair

What I liked:

Stewie's plot

Meg kissing the TV screen

Neil broadcasting the kiss

6.5/10

• The first time I watched it, it bored me, but the second time, I actually loved every minute of it!

This is not the most exciting of episodes, in my opinion, but it is certainly one of the best 'Meg' episodes, as the others are typically boring and pointless.

I thought that the episode had many funny moments, and that phony guy was hilarious. I also loved the end of that TV ad, with the 'burned, maimed, impaled or molested' quote. That was hilarious!

The storyline was a little bit of a letdown, but the episode did really well, in my opinion, and if you don't enjoy this episode the first time round, try it again, and you may find yourself liking it, as I did.

I would recommend this episode, although once again, it isn't exactly the best.
  • Hey, it was pretty good

I don't understand why there were too many negative reviews for this episode? Oh well, this review is all about my personal opinion.

So what the juice? Stewie was given a gift of a tricycle, how nice. Then watching some old fat kid steal it followed by Stewie's revenge was a series classic.

Well, well, what we were all waiting for: Meg and Neil, together??? Yuk! What a total drag, Neil is way out of her league. But hey, it was hilarious watching either one of them broadbast on the news: "I hate you Neil!!!, back to you Tom". LOL, there were many laugh out loud scenes, all throughout.

Meg has a crush on the news guy, and the best part: Brian catches Meg kissing the TV - with Tom on screen. Yup, very... awkward.

Lastly but not least, the random guy: "THAT Guy is a Phony!" to Peter's face twice, and then at Neil right at the end. What a funny clip, especially since the "random" guy himself was never taught a lesson.

So overall, adding up Meg's hate toward Neil, her love towards Tom Tucker, Stewie's Trycie and the "random" guy - yes, a great episode. I disagree with the "few" negative reviews about this particular episode.
  • Meg gets a job interning with Tom Tucker.

At last, a great Meg episode! I thought that Meg's lustful obsession with Tom Tucker was funny. And her disgust with fellow intern, Neil Goldman, who is completely obsessed with her. Tom Tucker is his usual, completely vain self. Great reference to "Fast Times At Ridgemont High". Tom Tucker calls Peter Jennings, who's answering machine message is a riff from Jimmy Hendrix. Also hilarious. It also had an exciting conclusion where Meg must save Neil from jumping off a tower. Hugh Downs flies. All great stuff. Give us more funny Meg episodes, please!
  • Meg luvs Neil, Meg luvs Neil, lol.

7.3
    This episode pretty much bored me and by the end of it we're back to square one, I've seen sermans that were more exciting and I can't beleive they made this episode. it truly is one of my least liked episodes being ranked somewhere in the 70s or possibly 80s, yeah I like the new ones better than this and the plot seemed unorigonal, I mean we always see the story of the girl kissing the nerd. But there are some good aspects of it too, but few. Overall I give this episode a 7.3, if it had a more interesting story I would have probaply ranked it in the 8s but it didn't. I'm editing this I did forget about the Stewie story that's probaply what I like in this episode.

Signing out - Captaindillo456.
  • A real surprise.

I don't like Meg. I hate Neil Goldman. So naturally as I sat down to watch this episode I was more than a little sceptical. What I did get was one of the most surprising episodes of Family Guy ever.
    The plot was fairly unoriginial; it happens on every teen show ever made. However, this was a genuinely funny episode. This was probably Meg's best ever episode, and definetly Neil Goldman's best, but what made me give this episode a 9 out of 10 was:
    1) the subplot with Stewie and the bully
    2) the Big Fat Phony guy. When will they bring him back?
    Overall, a really surprising episode. It can't compare with S3 classics (To Live and Die in Dixie etc) but definetly worth a watch.
  • This episode bored me. We always seem to see a story about a girl kissing the biggest nerd (or someone they don't like.) This was a very unoriginal episode.

6.8
    Meg applys for an intership at the TV news station and ends up getting the job. After getting the job she finds out that she will be doing the job with the biggest nerd in school, Neil. When Meg and Neil realize that theirs lives may come to an end they kiss each other.

This was boring it really wasn't that interesting. I mean I have to say I din't like it. Bottom Line: you can miss this one.
  • This is a kinda funny episode.

This episode isn't that funny, but the story is great. Stewie beats the crap out of someone.

Stewie lets a new bike. He lets an oler kid try it. He doesn't come back. Stewie tracks him down and kicks his ass until he gives it back. He gets it back after a long interrogation.

Meg is in love with Tom Tucker, so she decides to go into this intern program for teens. They are hiring a guy and a girl. Meg gets hired, but so does Neil. They are in the middle of a dangerous news report. Meg thinks she is going to die without kissing anyone, so she kisses Neil. They don't die, and Neil thinks that they are going out and he is telling everyone. Meg tells Neil what she really thinks of him. He is so sad that he decides to kill himself. He goes to the roof of town hall and says he is going to jump. He slips and falls. Meg breaks his fall. He actully had no intention of jumping. He just wanted attention. Meg tells him that she just wants to be friends. Everything is back to normal.

I give this episode a 9.1 out of 10.
  • Phony! A big fat phony!

It starts out where they are at a toy store to buy Stewie a toy. Peter messes around with a paino that plays itself, then a guy thinks that Peter was really playing the paino complaiments him. But when he finds out that Peter was just messes around, he calls him a phony, writes phony on his car, and goes to his house to call him a phony.
    Meanwhile, they decide to get Stewie a tricycle, but later on, a bully steals it from him. Stewie gets him back by tieing him up in his basement.
    Then Meg sees that she can get an internship at the loacl television station. She ends working with Neil, a guy the she doesn't like. Later on Meg develops a cursh on Tom Tucker, but sees that he's heartless. Neil decides to jump off a building just to get Meg's attention. But when he tells her that he wasn't gonna jump, that same guy from before comes out and calls him a phony for it!
  • This guy’s a great big phony!

This episode has a great Meg plot with funny scenes throughout including the mass media murderer and Neil’s parents.

The guy following Peter around saying “this guy’s a phony, a phony lives here” after a visit from Toys R Overpriced was a very good side story which comes in at the end with Neil aswell.

Meg’s revenge plan of comparing the moon craters to Neil’s face was also funny too.

The episode dipped in quality towards the end but still had some good gags. Although Meg isn’t one of my favourite characters, this is a good episode much like The Story on Page One.