Family Guy

The Thin White Line (1)

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Jul 11, 2001 on FOX

• What's up with the lunch table?!

In the opening credits, Peter and his coworkers are eating lunch at the Happy Go-Lucky Toy factory or whatever. When they first show the lunch table, there's curry or gravy or some liquid all over the table. At first I thought it was because Peter is portrayed as a pig. But, it's not really trailing from his plate and appears to just be in the middle of the table. It's not shown in the next scene when Peter tries to fix up his two coworkers on a date. Strange.
  • Thin White Line.

Not the greatest from Season 3,but the episode was very funny,and interesting.
  • Brian become addicted to cocaine

Taking his therapist's advice, Brian starts helping others by doing volunteer work. Peter wins a paid vacation at work, and the family prepares for going on a cruise. Noticing that Brian's nose has great strength, Joe offers him a job as a police dog to search for drugs. Brian becomes a successful drug-sniffing dog for the Quahog police department, but along the way he gets addicted to cocaine. Because of Brian's cocaine problem, Lois insists on canceling their family vacation in the Bahamas to help support Brian while he's in rehab. Peter is disappointed that the vacation has been canceled, so he decides to tag along with Brian when he sees the beautiful clinic. A therapist at the clinic tells Brian that Peter is a bad influence on him. Although Brian defends Peter and leaves rehab in protest, Brian thinks that he needs time away from the Griffin family to find himself, and leaves Quahog for parts unknown. This episode was superb and enjoyable for most of the parts. It is really not my favorite episode but still great to watch. The ending was a little rushed and maybe a couple parts were boring. The rest are pretty funny such as the beginning during the contest, Brian getting addicted to cocaine, the guy speaking with an Irish accent, Peter attending the place with Brian messing things, and few others. Overall superb episode. 9/10
  • Kinda funny

What I liked

-Put down the fork, FACE

7/10

• good

Brian feels like he is in a rut, so he joins the police force, because he can sniff out things. He sniffs out various coke, but he soon starts becoming addicted to it. He goes to rehab, where Peter shows up and convinces him to do a stupid stunt that involves 15 premature births at a pregnancy hospital. Brian leaves rehab and leaves Quahog all together, so he can go find himself.

It was alright. There were some laughs but it was really rushed; Brian just decides to leave really abruptly. I know that is the cliffhanger obviously, to set the stage for part two, but I just can't enjoy something that is so rushed, so my final grade is a solid C.

"Everybody this is Tina!"

I thought for sure this episode would not be good, Brian-centric episodes are usually spelled for disaster, but this was a good one tonight.

We had some great lines from the entire family (I long for the days when Meg was just a regular teenage girl and not the pariah) and the supporting cast contributed as well.

While the episode sort of fell apart in the second half (usually a problem with newer episodes and not the older ones) this was still a solid half hour of laughs from top to bottom. One of the better season premieres for the show.
  • Nothing too special here, but it was still good!

Anothee episode of Family Guy, but sadly, this one is not one of my favorites. Nevertheless, it still was exciting to watch the first time round.

I really loved it when Brian got a job in narcotics on the police force, and used his great sense of smell to make a name for himself in the business!

However, I thought the episode became slightly stretched out and closing in on boring as it carried on.

I didn't enjoy the last parts of the episode, and that is why I don't rate this episode as highly. Still, a good episode (the first part) of a great show.
  • A smart, funny and memorable episode.

A great episode. At a company picnic, Mr. Weed, Peter's boss, announces a competition, in which he will hunt down the employees, with tranquilizer darts. Mr. Weed says he has enough tranquilizer darts "to take down Robert Downey, Jr." Weed's audience reacts with umbrage to the remark, sympathizing with Downey's drug problems. Peter is the last one standing and wins a paid vacation.
    As the family gets ready to go on a cruise, Joe recognizes the strength of Brian's nose and offers him a job as a police dog to look for drugs. Brian proves instrumental in busting a midget gang's drug ring.
    When the cops go to the airport to greet Quagmire (who had been making love with two Filipino women and a man (who Quagmire thought was another woman), Brian sniffs out a bystander who is secretly carrying cocaine and his reputation grows. But when Brian scents the drugs, he accidentally inhales them and becomes addicted.
    When Lois discovers that Brian got addicted to drugs and goes to rehab, she insists that the family has to cancel the vacation to help Brian. Peter, however, joins Brian at the rehab center because he couldn't go on vacation. Peter causes chaos and distress, such as causing premature births in pregnant teens by sticking their hands in warm water.
    After leaving the center, Brian stuns the family when he announces that he is leaving Quahog, to move in with his cousin, Jasper, in California. Though appalled by this no one actually tries to stop him except for Stewie who looks like he's going to stop him but actually spits on him. This sets the stage for the next episode, "Brian Does Hollywood."
    [edit]
  • This episode tells us we can't trust the dog, lol

I actually enjoyed this third season premiere, it was well written due to Brian's drug addiction, which was flippin hilarious. Pretty much a Brian centric- but I was a little sad at the very end.

So, Brian offering to do volunteer work as a sniffer/talking dog made his life a hell of a lot easier until he started taking drugs himself. Peter was the secondary main person and man his flashbacks were crack-ups! Peter and Brian are my favorite characters, but staying on topic - Brian's addiction has seriously caused him to reject the Griffin family (his family) and go about hs dirty business. It was sad but frigging hilarious at the same point of time.

All characters were and the lines were done pretty well. Boy, but we can see that more sexual stuff will be brought along into this season - as seen in this episode. SO, Brian decided to leave, with the only one who could talk sense into him spat on his face... It's Stewie!
    Oh well, this is only the first part of a two-parter episode.

Overall, drugs? Abandonment? Hilarious-ness? It was very impressive.
  • One of the great classics...

Back in the early days of Family Guy, this was my favorite episode. While I have to admit that the show has lost its touch lately, it still doesn't change the fact that the earlier episodes such as this are classics.

Brians turmoil and crack addiction lead to family problems and issues with his job. The writers were on top of their game that day. This episode has one of my favorite lines, when Lois asks Brian about his day and he rants about the corruption of society and how there is no clear line drawn, "That's how my freaking day was".

Another hilarious scene worth mentioning is the midget drug bust, it had me laughing nonstop the whole time. This is one of the episodes that can get someone hooked on Family Guy, and it sure got me hooked.
  • It's excellent. A series classic.

Although, I have seen this episode many times, I do have to say that this episode is still funny and a great Family Guy episode. What a great start to the third season, but not too great. I thought the episode went a little too fast. I also think this got a little more character development for Brian seeing how he was depressed and all.

Brian decides to do volunteer work, and ends up working as a police dog to catch drug users. Well, he starts getting addicted to cocaine after smelling some for so long and starts to go loose. Well, He ends up going to rehab and Peter, not being able to take his week vacation because of Brian, decides to use this as an advantage to pretend he's on smack so he can party out in the rehab Brian is in. Things start to go haywire.

This was an okay episode but not too well. I enjoyed it, though. By the way, this is also the first part of a two parter, so watch out. Brian in the end of the episode leaves and ends up going to an unknown place. Let's see how this turns out, even though I already sort of know.
  • Brian on Cocanie could there be a funnier plot out there???

At a company picnic, Mr. Weed, Peter's boss, announces a competition in which he will hunt down the employees with tranquilzer darts. Mr. Weed says he has enough tranquilizer darts "to take out Robert Downey Jr.". Weed's audience reacts with umbrage to the remark, sympathizing with Downey's drug problems. Peter is the last one standing and wins a paid vacation.

As the family gets ready to go on a cruise, Joe Swanson recognizes the strength of Brian's nose and offers him a job as a police dog to look for drugs. Brian proves instrumental in busting a midget gang's drug ring.

When the cops go to the airport to greet Glenn Quagmire (who had been making love with two Filipino women and a man who Quagmire thought was another woman), Brian sniffs out a bystander who is secretly carrying cocaine and his reputation grows. But when Brian scents the drugs, he accidentally inhales them and becomes addicted.

When Lois discovers that Brian got addicted to drugs and goes to rehab, she insists the family has to cancel the vacation to help Brian. Peter, however, joins Brian at the rehab center and causes chaos and distress, like causing premature births in pregnant teens.

After leaving the center, Brian stuns the family when he announces that he is leaving Quahog, to move in with his cousin, Jasper, in California. This sets the stage for the next episode, "Brian Does Hollywood."
  • Great Episode!!!

Great Family Guy epsiode mainly revolves around Brian which is fine by me as I find him hilarious. Brian becomes a sniffer dog for Joe and becomes addicted to cocaine. Joe realises Brian has a great nose an example of this:

Joe: Say hello to our newest nark.
    Quagmire: Oh, yeah? (to Brian) How good are you?
    Brian: (Sniffs) You're back from Manila. You had lumpia for dinner. Then you made love to two Filipino women. (Sniffs) And a man.
    Quagmire: You mean three Filipino women. (Brian stares blankly) NOOOOO!!

This episode is hilariously funny and a Family Guy classic along with part two a must see for all.
  • Part one of the first two parter...

7.9
    Ok, I learned some things from this episode like: Don't be a dog, don't be a cop, don't be a sniff dog, don't get addicted to coke, don't be Peter Griffin and don't be Peter Griffin's dog and / or best friend. Peter wasn't very suppotive for Brian in this episode and I didn't like that, But i'll stay on track, this episode was pretty funny like Brian being a sniffer dog, the midgets using a church for a front on their coke house - hilarious ! ! ! ! I do enjoy watching this episode but not too often as it reminds me of the time I was addicted to coke-kidding lol.
  • worth a watch!!!!!!!!

not bad for above average family guy episode.brian gets addicted to cocaine after becoming a sniffer cop....i did enjoy this particular outing but this episode is part 1 of 2.it's a good start to a brilliant season.the only downside to this particular episode is that it cud have been funnier.it all seemed so serious and this is supposed to be comedy show....nonetheless i enjoyed this episode,,especially when he's telling kids not to take drugs but then brian goes in 2 the bathroom and sniffs some cocaine..its not the best episode on the season but not the worst either..personally i think its better than part 2....but part 2s not the worst either....hope this review helped u with this episode.if your thinking of buy a season of family guy buy season 3 thats this season because it has the most episodes (21) and its the same price,,well were i come from anyway.....giggity!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    by Aaron & Ryan...
  • one of the best

one of the best episodes of family guy and a great way to open up the 3rd season. the whole plot is funny, with Brian getting addicted to coke . the company picnic is funny with peter winning the vacation by not fainting after being hit with a number of tranquilizer darts. then brian checks into rehab and peter sneaks in. this had a couple of amusing scenes with peter and brian going in to the teen pregnancy place and peter trying to quickly think of an alias for the instructer. "pea... tear... griffin . yeah peter griffin. damnit! classic
  • This is the first drug episode.

It is so funny. It's sweet. Brian finally does something bad for once.

Brian has some issues, so he goes to a psychologist. He says to get a job. He does. He becomes a drug dog for the police force. He is really good. By mistake, he gets some on his nose. He quicky gets addicted and he needs it so bad that he is accusing everyone of having drugs. He gets fired. He goes to a rehabilitation centre. Peter goes with him for a vacation. When the counselor finds out that they know each other, she says it's Peter's fault. When is cured, he leaves to go to Hollywood to become a director. TO BE CONTINUED...

I give this episode a 9.2 out of 10.
  • Look at this place. This is where God would come if he had to stop doin’ blow!

This episode is one of my favourite Brian plots and is entertaining from start to finish. Brian’s volunteer work is hilarious especially the old lady who asked Brian to pull the plug but then snapping when she realised that Brian was really going to do it.

Brian as a cop was very amusing but as a coke addict – even better. The “Sunday School” which was really a bunch of midgets operating an illegal drug ring was a classic scene aswell.

The rehab centre was brilliant, with Peter going for a vacation using a name he thought up (“Pea Tear Griffin” - Peter Griffin).

Overall, this is an episode that nobody should miss.
  • Funny, but not a favourite.

6.3
    It seems to me that brian goes to therapy too much these days. I personally think that Peter and his "wacky" antics are much better episodes in the end. Almost every episode that has to do with brian, he's in therapy. Do something else with brian!!! Like when he goes back to college, something fresh for once! He didnt spend his whole time going to therapy and back.

We wan't crazy shcemes!!!

-gameshark5
  • very nice...

its a bit of a weird episode coz he gets hye on drugs but he is the 1 sniffing them out in the 1st place.
    lol w/e.
    funny bits i thought were "follow ya nose" iwd the funny lookin parrot thing and brian starts dissin his performance by sayin him answerin to him "i'd do it like yours but only good" insult rite there!
    lol i still like this 1 wen he goes in that cab to LA it funny that stewie says bye by spittin in his face lol. also wen they bust the church school 4 drugs " these aren't kids there mid-jets"
    lol.
    i like it.
  • Brian's nose gets him a job with Joe at the police department to stop drug dealers, but things don't go so well when Brian has a sniff of the suff he is preventing.

Well this was a very good episode. Brian having a drug problem, "did not see that one coming." Well this episode also some good moments. Peter is really funny in this episode as well. Peter is pretty much the reason I watch the show (although a lot of the other charactors can be very funny too), I mean a New Englander, who is fat, who is stupid, and who doesn't think before he speaks to people is a hilarious charactor.

I really like the humour in this episode, it's just like most episodes. With flashbacks, a lot of stupid irony (especially one part in this episode), some funny comments, and you have, "The Thin White Lines."
  • How about a little less questions and a little more SHUT THE HELL UP! (Goes to back hand)

Alright. Family Guy is the best animated show on DVD. I love the Simpsons, but this show is so funny and this episode is my personal favorite. I mean you would never see Santa's Little Helper addicted to coke. This episode has everything from Stewie getting mad that his jokes aren't laughed at but every stupid thing Peter says is. Peter wants a vacation so he is "addicted" to speed and poor Brian is looking for some excitment in life gets addicted to cocaine (haven't we all. haha)and then goes to a beautiful rehab place. (Peter: I bet this is where God would go if he was addicted to Blow.) Just great jokes and great play for the "middle aged" Brian all of 7 years old (Or 35 years in Dog years) If you want a great Family Guy episode...check this one OUT!

The two gags that I liked on that episode were,

1). When Chris & Peter go to a tanning booth salon. Chris disappears in a time machine booth, Peter tried to get him, but got a lion! Peter says he's got the wrong head & Rocky appears saying his tag line!

2). Brian the dog auditioning with the Toucan for a Froot Loops commercial!