Family Guy

There's Something About Paulie

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Jun 27, 2000 on FOX

• Peter ttry to take the Don's nephew to the movie

After the mob helps Peter with destroying his new beat up car, so he can get another new car, he must repay his debt to the mob by taking The Don's nephew, Big Fat Paulie, to the movies. Peter informs Paulie that they can't hang out anymore because of Lois, a misunderstanding that leads Paulie to believe that Peter wants Lois killed. A superb episode again. I pretty much liked all the cutaways(especailly the one with the British guy going "Oh Reginald, I disagree")in this episode. Stewie's appearance (at the beginning) was hilarious. The ending was funny as well. My score is a bit low because a couple jokes were repeated and I didn't know some of the old FG writers repeat the jokes over and over unlike the newer ones which gets annoying. Overall, besides that, enjoyable episode. 9/10
  • It's okay

What I liked:

-Peter thinking everyone was Big Fat Paulie

-that cake the don ate.

-This is Big Paulie's Big Fat Ass

8/10

• Overall superb episode of "Family Guy"

I thought that this was a superb episode of "Family Guy". My score was just a little low because I thought it was disgusting when Big Fat Paulie sneezed on Peter's tie... that was unneeded. It was funny when Peter rode on the car and it broke down. The cutaway with Entertainment Tonight was very funny. The cutaway with Peter going to see Dr. Hartman about his growth and Dr. Hartman said "Peter, that's not a growth, that's your penis was absolutely hilarious. We also get a little bit of a Godfather reference which is pretty cool. Big Fat Paulie getting a guy to try to shoot Lois back at Meg's school play was very funny. Peter was absolutely funny in this episode. Big Fat Paulie was also a pretty funny character as well. All of the jokes were clever and really funny. It was very funny when the one favor that Peter asked for was a cake when he could have used that favor for Lois not to be killed. It was nice when Lois wasn't gonna get killed after Peter said how Lois means the world to him. Overall, despite that one gross scene that I didn't find funny, this was a superb episode of "Family Guy". 9/10

It is a shame that there are a lot of new episodes of Family Guy that are rated higher than this one on this site because this is better than most, if not all, of them.

"Big Fat Paulie" was a great one-off character they created here, and it was the perfect complement to another genius Peter Griffin performance. This is when the character was still revolutionary and iconic and not just a watered down version of Homer Simpson.

And the episode itself was a good story and a good parody on mob movies. Try not saying, "On this, the day of my daughter's wedding," after watching this episode.
  • Good episode, quite funny.

This episode, 'There's Something About Paulie', was an interesting one that I recently saw. It was a pretty funny episode, and there were some very funny quotes, such as when Stewie was making his speech after realising that Lois had a hit on her.

That was a very funny moment, and I loved it when Stewie pulled that paper out of his pocket.

I thought the plot to this episode was average. It wasn't the best plot to an episode, but it certainly did provide its fair share of laughs.

I thoroughly enjoy this show and this was a good episode. Keep it up!
  • Not a bad episode, not bad at all!

Big Fat Paulie is a damn good comedy blank slate.
    This episode was pretty darn hilarious, the flashback of the weird taxi driver with Jackie Chan beating him up was epic! Jackie Chan had the crankiest voice ever.

Secondly, big fat Paulie. What a crazy guy, I loved the theme of this episode, although it was not in my top twenty episodes for Family Guy, it was great. Then Lois nearly being killed, suspense... suspense in what Peter was going to do, save his wife, or his own skin?

This episode overall was hilarious and just.. Yeah hilarious.
    A 'Series Classic' in my opinion. Even though it wasn't one of the more better episodes, I'll always remember this one for being as hilarious as it could be.
  • I havn't given a bad review on any of Family Guy first 2 legendary seaosn and im not gunna start now

I havn't given a bad review on any of Family Guy first 2 legendary seaosn and im not gunna start now .The Griffins need a new car. Lois decides to buy one out of the classified ads, but Peter refuses, having concluded that buying a car out of the classifieds is what led to an acquaintance of his contracting herpes ten years later.

Peter and Lois go to the local car dealership, where despite Lois's advice, a salesman (Jim Kaplan the conman) convinces Peter to buy a car he claims James Bond previously owned. The car malfunctions, but Peter is able to trade it in with insurance money when a mafia member offers to help. The favor he needs to repay is simple: to take the Don's nephew, Big Fat Paulie to the movies. Peter and Big Fat Paulie become friends, but Lois says that she does not think that Big Fat Paulie is a good person, and orders Peter to get rid of him. When Peter says that they could hang out if Lois wasn't around, Big Fat Paulie interprets it as a request to put a hit on Lois. When Peter finds out, he tries to gets Paulie to call it off, but the gangster is gunned incessantly by a passing car before he can do so. The next day, Lois finds out from the newspaper that Peter brought home a mobster and learns that a hit was placed on her. Peter goes to the mafia "pet store"; Peter talks freely about what is going on despite the mobster telling Peter that the place is bugged. To get rid of him, he give's Peter an invitation to the Don's daughter's wedding. Because every guest gets a free favor, Lois tells Peter that he can ask the Don to call off the hit. However, he screws it up and gets nothing but a tiramisu.

In order to save Lois' life, Peter asks the Don to kill him instead. The Don, overwhelmed by Peter's kindness to Lois, calls off the hit entirely.

They ask the valet to bring their car around and it explodes, killing him. Peter and Lois reflect on how nobody important got hurt in this incident, as the valet's vest falls from the sky.
  • Very funny!

Peter's stupidity is shown in this episode. He would rather a slice of cake than Lois' life, lol. But I am glad that Peter finally actually listens to Lois. It shows Peter isn't THAT stupid, but still stupid enough to make us laugh. Hehe.

So, this episode was great. Good jokes, and it had some suspense. That makes a Family Guy episode great. I wanted to see how they resolved the problem, and I couldn't turn off my DVD player. THAT is what makes a Family Guy episode pure gold.

9 out of 10, it wasn't that great at parts. I have to say, I laughed at the part when he was asking people if they were Big Fat Paulie, and it turns out all the people he asks were fat. That made me laugh a lot.
  • Pretty friken hilarious episode!!!!!!! Great knock-off of the mob.

This episode was so hilarious at some times. One of my favorite times in the episode is when Peter and the mob guy is in the pet store and the mob guy keeps telling him that the police have the place bugged, but Peter keeps saying stuff about the mob. This episode is absolutley worth a great review..... it may not be considered a classic, but it is still a pretty good episode, and you should really consider watching it. Pretty funny and it had a great ending to it so ifd you are looking for a pretty good episode but not great this is your episode.....
  • So darn funny!

This episode is a Family Guy classic. It got a great humour about it, and I just love the storyline. I laughed really hard when Peter was singing "Rhinestone Cowboy". It was hilarious. There was not bit that wasn't funny or entertaining. If you ever watch this episode, you'll get laughs right through. I know this may sound over the top (well it probably is but...) it really really funny. I would definetley reccommend this episode to other people. Erm I dont know what else to put other than this is the best episode I have seen yet. I have seen up to season 3. If there are any better than this one (which I think not) I am sorry for writing how good this one was. So erm ye, see ya.
  • Peter and the mob or as I call it Godfather 4!!

6.9
    I like this episode, I don't hate it, I don't love it, I just plain like it. I like it how Peter uses his one favour from the Godfather to have a peice of cake and not to save his wife. And Peter befriending a big fat mobster or "Big Fat Paulie" and then I like peter buying a dud second car, with a engine that was just a peice of paper with a drawing of a engine on it.

So this was a good episode, I think I've only watched it about five times-which is very little compared to all the other episodes. Three Stars, in my opinion.
  • Peter gets the mob to get him a new car after he picks a really bad one. Peter must spend time with Big Fat Paulie in order to help pay off his death. After Lois not allowing Peter to invite Big Fat Paulie, he plans to murder Lois.

This episode was pretty good. Peter picks an extremely bad car that does not even have an engine. He gets a member of the mob to get him a new and better car but has to hang out with Big Fat Paulie. Peter finds Paulie to be a friend and invite him for dinner. After Lois finds out Paulie is from the mob, she kicks him out. Paulie thinks Peter wants Lois dead, so he organizes her death. Just before Peter can tell Paulie to call off the murder, Paulie gets shot down. Peter must ask The Don to call off the murder of Lois, for he must agree to anything on his daughter's wedding. Lois gets fed up with Peter not talking things through before reaching an agreement. The only time he asks is when he wants the murder of Lois called off. It ends with their car blowing up along with the guy who got the car. This episode was very good.
  • Good episode, but it could have been better!

Well, I think that this episode is pretty cool, but not as much as I hope it would, but still it was pretty entertaining watching the episode and I think that this episode is OK;Ilike the part when Peter asks for Fat Paulie and everyone hits him because of that, it was really funny and also the part in the party where "no one gets hurts" and the man that is suppose to bring the car dies and no one remembers him, with this the episode saved himself...
  • Peter reaches out to the Mob for finaicial aid when he buys a peice of crap car with no engine and in return the mob makes peter entertain Big Fat Paulie. Peter inadvertatly asks Paulie to put a hit on Lois.

Very funny episode with some really funny quotes. eg "This is my friend big fat paulie... and this is his big fat ass!" David schwimmmer also has a guest apperance and is parodied beautifully. Peters stupidity is at an extreme when he enters the quote "pet store" en quote. 10/10
  • What do you want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? Cos I'm married!

This episode was indeed very silly but enjoyable though one of the cutaways (Peter playing blackjack) was clearly identical to a Simpsons cutaway from the Bigger Brother episode about seven years before.

There were some great mob jokes in this episode including the subtle pet shop ("What do you want: a semi-automatic rabbit or a handheld rabbit?") and the hit on Lois which could have been stopped except for the fact that Paulie got shot a hundred times before falling dead, a shocked Peter asking "are you okay?"

The episode could have been used better but was still entertaining to watch.
  • Mob episode! Peter and Lois buy a dud 2nd car. The mob helps him get a new one, but he has to take Big Fat Paulie to a movie in return. When BFP finds out he could hang around Peter more if Lois were dead, he tries to kill her.

Nice episode! Not the best, though. I enjoy episodes of shoiws with the mob, so this was one I enjoyed. The gags were good, such as BFP getting shot about 50+ times, and Peter asking if he was okay.
    I loved this thing Peter was reading from one of the mob guys:
    "The Don's daughter is getting married tomorrow. Here's my invitation. Now get the *%&(read as asterick, percent, ampersand) out of her, you SOB. Unread: What's a sob?"
    The Bullseye market was a good gag, too.
    The plot was nice, as I love mob episodes.
    Peter and BFP sitting on that bench swing and it breaking was funny, too, but I digress.
    This was great. I didn't like the "Atlantic City" flashback or the scene with BFP pouring milk down Peter's pants(creepy), but I like most of the rest. Best flashback: The "Taxi" flashback/reference.
    Great episode.