Family Guy

To Love and Die in Dixie

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Nov 15, 2001 on FOX

• The FBI agents placed the Griffin family in a witness protection program when a robber is looking for Chris to kill him

Chris chooses a robber out of a lineup, but after Peter accidentally tells the robber where the family lives, the Griffins are placed in the witness protection program. They are sent to the Deep South, where Chris makes a new friend, Sam. Peter questions the truth of a Civil War reenactment that showed the South winning the war, leading to Sam's father forbidding Sam from seeing Chris. Upset, Sam runs away with Chris and kisses him on the mouth. Chris tells Sam that he doesn't like boys and doesn't like him in a physical sense. The FBI agents guarding the Griffin house in Quahog accidentally tell the robber the location of the Griffins. Sam reveals to Chris that she is not a boy, but a girl. Then the robber arrives in the South, about to kill Chris, but the towns folk stop him just in time. This was an excellent episode of "Family Guy" in my opinion. It made me laugh a lot and the storyline was pretty original and fun to watch. It ain't my favorite episode or anything like that but it's pretty close though. The thing that does my score a tad low is the twist that Sam (Chris' new friend) is actually a girl which I find to be a little weird since he looks more like a boy and a couple of jokes are a MISS but other than that, this episode is just worth watching over and over again. The parts that made me laugh was the cutaway with Peter in the porthole potty, the running gag with the raccoon attacking Peter, Stewie enjoying the banjo and playing it with the other hillbilly banjo players, Peter idiotically telling the robber where Chris lives and information about him (Wow!!! what an idiot :D lol), Herbert the Pervert leaving all of those messages on the answering machine at the very end of the episode, the FBI agents throwing a party at the Griffins' home, and many more. The episode as a whole made me laugh a lot and I recommend to anyone that's a fan of this show or just likes the how in general. Overall, an excellent episode of "Family Guy"... one of the episodes worth watching again. 9.5/10