Family Matters

Born to be Mild

Aired Unknown Nov 15, 1991 on ABC

• The Dragons, a local gang, trashes Rachel's Place and ambushes Eddie. Steve courageously dons a wire to get the necessary evidence to put them all away. His reward? A sandwich named after him at Rachel's Place.

When Eddie walks into a trashed Rachel's Place after having been beat up by The Dragons, tears always come to my eyes. It touched me how the family all rushed to him and how angry Carl was after Harriet had taken Eddie home. I admire Steve's courage and willingness to put his life on the line to get the needed evidence against the gang. The scene where he was posing as a potential gang member was hilarious, and when Lt. Mirtaugh and Carl busted in a arrested everyone while still handcuffed together was hilarious. However, I can't help but point out that in real life, The Dragons most likely would've probably shot Steve when he came bursting through thier door like he did. Guns probably would've been used before then, too, or at least the threat of them. But I am glad that another route was taken with that.