Family Matters

I Should Have Done Something

Aired Unknown Apr 26, 1991 on ABC

• The best episode.

I have to say that this episode of Family Matters really surprised me. It was full of great acting and a great storyline. Carl stole the show and was the one to make this show a classic. My favorite scene was when he was crying when he visited the person's grave at the end of the show. His scene was gold and his interaction with the widow was priceless. I have to say that was wonderful acting and a great piece of writing from the writers. Overall, this was by far the best episode of the entire series and it was compelling from the very beginning. Thank you.
  • It made me cry

This episode made me cry a little, because it made me realize that things can happen and we might die or move on. It was a youching story on both sides of the episode Steve learning that bribery is not realy a good thing but he gets what he wanted because he gave Lorra what she wanted. And on the Carl side he learns that things will happen and that life will go on. Overall a touchy story and may be one of there best episodes mabey not on the funny side but on the touching side. I highly recomend the episode.
    Dominic
  • I cried

I literally cried when I watched this episode. I felt so bad for Carl when he was talking to Mr. Mallory's grave. But it really is something to think about that things happen and theres no way in anyones control they can predict what would happen. A very sad episode but at the same time a good way to show visually that things happen and you can't blame yourself. But aside from Carl's story, the side story with Steve trying to get Laura to go to the dance with him was always classic Urkel and fun a good side story to a serious and emotional story.
  • Things to think about

I think this episode of Family Matters was a classic for the series. It show the human side of what a policeman might go through after the loss of somebody they were trying to save. It is about how sometimes you just can't leave your job at the door when you walk into your home. The ending when Carl was talking to the guy he tried to save and died was so touching. He really showed his struggle. Also the part with Steve and the concert tickets was a lesson to be learned. Others have feelings and sometimes we forget what we say or do might hurt others. Great episode.