Family Matters

Lost in Space (2)

Aired Unknown Jul 17, 1998 on ABC

• This episode was the final episode of Family Matters to air on ABC. In this two part episode, Steve is offered to go into space to study as a student astronaut. At the same time, Eddie and Carl become partners in the police business.

In my opinion, this episode seemed a little slow when it came to Steve getting back to Laura. Although Steve riding the satellite was to add drama, the episode would have been better off without it. Plus, Jo-Marie Payton star's as one of Mission Control people. Why a mission control lady, how come she didn't make one last appearance as Harriet? If you think about it, it only seems logical that she play the role one more time. Anyway, after the episode was made, talk went on about making an episode featuring the wedding of Steve Urkel and Laura Winslow. But before they could do it, the set was destroyed. To me, it seemed like the show shouldn't have ended like that. Overall, I thought this episode and the show were great and had really great entertainment value. That's why I rate it an 8.6 out of 10.