Family Matters

Pop Goes the Question

Aired Unknown Jul 03, 1998 on ABC

• Most touching episode of the series!

Yes, this was the most touching episode of the series. I can honestly say I never thought Steve and Laura would get together. A lot of shows have that character who is pining for the other character for an entire series and then ends up with the character. Well, I didn't think Steve and Laura were those two characters. I just thought Steve was the annoying nerd who would never get his girl and then at the end of the series, understand that was the way it was to be.
    But, then this season came along. Laura gained feelings for Steve, which I suspect where there all along. It's how she could be friends with him and let him tag along, even though he annoyed her to no end. It's how she could always forgive him when he messsed things up.
    You know Laura is going to say yes to Steve, but it's still very touching when she does it. It brought tears to my eyes. It's the way Steve proposed to her, wearing the same clothes and holding the same ring that he had when they were married for the class project many years/seasons ago. It's the way Laura says yes, telling Steve that she could never see her life without Steve. Stefan may be a top model, a very cute rich guy, but Steve is the close friend, The ONE.