Family Ties Forums

NBC (ended 1989)

Alex Does'nt Live Here Anymore Part 2

wheelrchair

[1]Jun 9, 2007
    • level: 15
    In the trivia section for this episode it says that the cast suggested they die in a plane crash so there could be no reunion. Why did'nt they want a reunion.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

maxxie_m

[2]Jun 23, 2007
    • level: 34
    Some casts just don't want it. After playing the same character for several years (and Family Ties ran for a long time), some actors just want to move on and Michael J. Fox had become a bona fide movie star thanks to Back to the Future. The plane crash scenario has been used before, most famously in MASH, when the show killedHenry Blake (McLean Stevenson) off screen while he was on his way home so he couldn't be in a spinoff.

bevf21

[3]Jul 4, 2007
    • level: 2
    Re the trivia about dying in a plane crash. I believe that when they killed of Henry Blake in Mash there was such an uproar from the fans that the writers said they would never do that again. Its bad Karma.

Dina-M

[4]Aug 8, 2007
    • level: 9
    OMG! I cannot believe i just read this OK, so i can accept that the actors are over and done playing these characters but come on... the fans of the show? So people just watched Family Ties for a bunch of years so that we can see the WHOLE family dying at the end? That is just wrong & sick. What a messed up ideia! Just because you don't want a reunion you want to be dead? LOL