Family Ties Forums

NBC (ended 1989)

Season 4 DVDs

robinepowell

[1]Apr 14, 2008
    • level: 63

Okay people mark your calenders - August 5th!

:
    We've added a news item for "Family Ties" to the site. Here it is:

Season 4: Love for Alex (and Michael J. Fox) as Tracy Pollan's Character Debuts! - 11:43 AM 4/14/2008 This morning the studio announced "Family Ties - The Complete 4th Season" on DVD, and we've got the early info for you in the TVShowsOnDVD News! http://www.TVShowsOnDVD.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=9389

You were sent this email because you have expressed interest in having "Family Ties" released on DVD. If you no longer want to receive these emails you may change the setting in your User Options - "Change Account Information".
    TVShowsOnDVD.com - http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/

Edited on 04/14/2008 12:20pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

suplex2000

[2]Apr 14, 2008
    • level: 11
    Literally one of the greatest episodes of all time in television history...in my opinion of course...is "The Real Thing" Parts 1 & 2.

I love how he goes to meet who he thought he was going to marry, meets someone else on the way, and it changes his life. I think that's how it goes, roughly, it's been a long time since I have seen that episode, but I love it.

Stuff like that can happen to you in real life like that sometimes and that episode was so well done.

Kadodian

[3]May 3, 2008
    • level: 23
    Ok I'm really into eighties shows but is this show worth buying on DVD and I want a biased oponion ?

robinepowell

[4]Jun 4, 2008
    • level: 63

Rear cover artwork.

quote We've added a news item for "Family Ties" to the site. Here it is:

Rear Package Art Makes an Appearance for the 4th Season DVDs - 11:12 AM 6/04/2008 We've got a look at the back of the box for "Family Ties - The Complete 4th Season" on DVD. Take a look in the TVShowsOnDVD News! www.TVShowsOnDVD.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=9768

You were sent this email because you have expressed interest in having "Family Ties" released on DVD. If you no longer want to receive these emails you may change the setting in your User Options - "Change Account Information". TVShowsOnDVD.com - http://www.TVShowsOnDVD.com /quote

Edited on 06/04/2008 11:17am

suplex2000

[5]Aug 22, 2008
    • level: 11
    suplex2000 wrote:
    I love how he goes to meet who he thought he was going to marry, meets someone else on the way, and it changes his life. I think that's how it goes, roughly, it's been a long time since I have seen that episode, but I love it.

Now I know that's not how it goes. He wanted to meet a girl at collage because he saw her picture, then he met the roommate (Ellen) instead and wound up having feelings for her. When he found out she was going to get married, he went and stopped her.

The best part of that 2-part episode, in my opinion, is that they got married in real life and are still together.

I wonder if Michael J. Fox met Tracy Pollan first, and then she became "Ellen" on Family Ties, or if they needed someone for the part of Ellen and that's how Tracy met Michael? Either way the two of them participated in my all time greatest television moment...The Real Thing.