Fanboy & Chum Chum Forums

Saturday 10:30 AM on NickelodeonIn Season

Anyone getting tired of Nickelodeon now-a-days?

ffmotorsports51

[1]Dec 22, 2010
    • level: 17

Hi all,

I was wondering if any of you are getting tired of Nickelodeon now-a-days? I sure am. I miss the old days of Nickelodeon when there was variety and the shows taught responsibility and had adventure in them. And real jokes too, not fake jokes with the simulated laughter. It seems like now-a-days the shows teach getting away with violence and do not have any moral in them. With all of these terrible shows coming on to Nickelodeon every year, this has been pushing me into resignation from Nickelodeon after 16 years of being a frendly viewer. I may be resigning from Nickelodeon as early as next year. Nicktoons now-a-days like Fanboy and Chum Chum are absolutely horrible. The names of the characters are weird and it's nothing but toddler jokes. At least I'm finding EUROLOVERS dance music on Youtube to be much more enjoyable than the garbage on Nickelodeon. Some shows are actually good like Big Time Rush, Old Spongebob Squarepants and TUFF Puppy. I hope a 90's Nick Network gets lauched soon because that stuff is waaayyyyy better than the stuff today.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

MadameCat

[2]Dec 22, 2010
    • level: 16

YES!!! The only reason why I'm watching Nick is because of Tuff Puppy. I now go to Cartoon Network, if not because they have PPG and Dexter's Lab reruns--without those two, I would have just turned off the TV.

Third-Kind

[3]Dec 30, 2010
    • level: 13

I agree. The only reason I watch Nick nowadays is to see if an older episode of SpongeBob is on. I can't stand to watch any of the new SpongeBob episodes or any of their so-called 'shows'.

If it wasn't for shows like Mock the Week and QI (sorry, two completely different shows on other channels in the UK), I would have completely stopped watching TV ages ago.

MadameCat

[4]Jan 7, 2011

What a pretty avatar, Third-Kind! Now I pretty much watch old Disney movies or reruns on Youtube now...

Toonrater21

[5]Jan 13, 2011
    • level: 19

I hate how the way nickelodeon is now. They made the logo look dull, they won't show any of the true nicktoons at a watchable time, and it's just not interesting anymore. It shouldn't even be called nickelodeon anymore. Maybe the Spongarly Network?

MadameCat

[6]Jan 14, 2011
    Toonrater21 wrote:

I hate how the way nickelodeon is now. They made the logo look dull, they won't show any of the true nicktoons at a watchable time, and it's just not interesting anymore. It shouldn't even be called nickelodeon anymore. Maybe the Spongarly Network?

We can't even come up with a good name for the network now--oh wait--iSponge?

danparkerstudio

[7]Jan 15, 2011
    • level: 7
    Let me say, yes. I am getting tired of Nickelodeon these days. What I am trying to do is relive the old days by watching the shows from those times like the Amanda Show.

Well, you're right. Today's Nickelodeon is tiring. Especially with this ugly show. Yeah, it should be noted that Spongebob Squarepants and iCarly have overstayed their welcome. Well, to me, for some of the Spongebob episodes that aired after 2005, there were some episodes I did like, but the others, I don't care about them anymore.

But there are some shows I do like on Nick today, like TUFF Puppy for example. Other than that, I barely watch Nickelodeon today.

MadameCat

[8]Jan 16, 2011

I want Kablam back...and my childhood.

DaftPunkLover

[9]Jan 16, 2011
    • level: 5

I totally agree with all of these statements. I remember being 6 and watching the Amanda Show and laughing at the skits and moments like how many marshmallows Amanda could eat until she choked on them.

I, too, with many Spongebob fans agree the newer episodes suck and the old ones are better. Heck, I only watch Nick at Nite so I can see My Wife and Kids. FB&CC shouldn't even be on this network, let alone iCarly (I miss Dan Schneider's old work).

Nickelodeon's new name should be iFanSponge.Frown

MadameCat

[10]Jan 16, 2011

Of course it should. I only watch Nick at Nite for Everybody Hates Chris reruns, and Nick for TUFF Puppy. It's just not worth my time anymore to watch iFanSponge. Better yet, let's call it Nickeldoen. The summary for the show even spells Nickelodeon wrong. Spongebob is almost like the Guiding Light (soap opera with the same problem: long-running, rabid fans, finally canceled...) of Nickeldoen.

Edited on 01/16/2011 3:31pm
    Edited 5 total times.

Toonrater21

[11]Jan 17, 2011

MadameCat wrote:
    Toonrater21 wrote:

We can't even come up with a good name for the network now--oh wait--iSponge?
    That works too.Smile

MadameCat

[12]Jan 17, 2011

iSponge it is, then! But really, how does Nick still exist anymore? It's killed most of its cartoons and dragged Spongebob to hell.

ffmotorsports51

[13]Jan 19, 2011
    • level: 17

Well anyway, I have confirmed my resignation from Nickelodeon. I will be resigning on Valentine's Day of this year. However I will be recording a few Nick shows like: TUFF Puppy, Drake & Josh and any 90's show from Nick. MadameCat already stated her resignation so welcome to my club. I posted a blog on my resignation so more details should be there.

MadameCat

[14]Jan 19, 2011

Thank you. Even a mediocre show like Chalkzone would be nice...

Toonrater21

[15]Jan 19, 2011

I rarely look at Nickelodeon now because of their sudden love about Spongebob and teen sitcoms but I have been recording those late night Rocko's Modern Life marathons last summer. I don't understand why they are never showing the banned or special episodes.

MadameCat

[16]Jan 20, 2011

Same as to why everyone here except for a few people thought Chalkzone was corny. Sure, it was corny at the time, but compared to stuff like Carly and Victorious, it doesn't suck that much. I'd like to see them with magic chalk...

TwoTonePhantom

[17]Mar 24, 2011
    • level: 15
    I'm ashamed at Nickelodeon now. Nicktoons is just a complete copy of Nick, and TeenNick is only showing the old shows during late-late hours this fall. The problem with that is that dad will be using the downstairs TV and mom will already be asleep, so I can't use the TV in her room. Nick is awful now, even three of my cousins (born in 1999, 2000, and 2003) hate everything on Nick now!

Everyone, it's sing-a-long time...

DING DONG NICK IS DEAD WITH BAD SHOWS JAMMING IN OUR HEADS DING DONG NICKELODEON'S DEEAAAAD!!!!!!

mahesh2001

[18]Apr 11, 2011
    • level: 11

Toonrater21 wrote:

They made the logo look dull, they won't show any of the true nicktoons at a watchable time, and it's just not interesting anymore. It shouldn't even be called nickelodeon anymore. Maybe the Spongarly Network?

Tell me about it.The only Shows they show is Spongebob.I think no one knows this but Invader ZIM, gotcanceled by this show.!!!!!!!

money3003

[19]Apr 14, 2011
    • level: 6

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nickelodeon sucks now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

From grade school to my freshmen year in high school, this was my favorite network. Then all of a sudden, all this S**T started showing. I mean really, what could they be thinking?? Renewing it for a this show for a second season?? Everything they show now is just horrible!!!!!!!!! Fanboy and Chum Chum, iCarly, True Jackson VP, Victorious, Big Time Rush, the new episodes of Spongebob which are just disgusting and an insult to the older ones, they're all horrible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I'm okay with FOP but I have not watched TUFF Puppy yet.

I was also such a die-hard fan of SpongeBob from Season 1 until Season 4. I forced myself to watch newer ones but the new episodes really made me give up hope of Spongebob ever improving.

What the HELL is Nickelodeon thinking right now?!!!!!!!!!! I really feel sorry for the kids these days. They have to be forced to watch this crap and now, they don't even know what's funny or not. I know all Nick wants is money but if they want money, they should improve their shows to attract more viewers thus gaining more money.

I'd actually prefer them show reruns of the good old shows. I don't care if it gets tiring. Rerunning the good shows are better than watching today's crap. I miss the old GREAT shows. I miss Danny Phantom, The Amanda Show, Drake and Josh, Rugrats, Chalkzone, Jimmy Neutron, Avatar, the old episodes of Spongebob, and every other show they cancelled.

But whatever!!!!!!!!!!! Nick has ruined itself!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RainbowStar285

[20]May 16, 2011
    • level: 4

Same here. I think TUFF Puppy is the best show on Nickelodeon right now.