Fanboy & Chum Chum

Saturday 10:30 AM on Nickelodeon Premiered Nov 07, 2009 In Season

JusticeLeaguer

Fanboy & Chum Chum Fan Reviews (182)

• Completely Underrated

Why does everyone dislike Fanboy & Chum Chum? It's really well done and well-written. The characters are all smart, unlike what most of this reviewers think (probably because they've never watched it, thinking it would be unbearable). It is from the creators of The Fairly OddParents and ChalkZone, which I enjoy too.
  • One of the funniest nicktoons ever.

I had so much fun with this show. The farts be down right hilarious.
  • So gud

WHOOOOO. So gud
  • Cute and funny

This Show is Cute and Funny Forget all the Haters Haters Keep your Mouth shut if you Have nothing Nice to say do no say it at all This Show is Funny Robot and Monster is Junk Come on Give it a Chance hey its better then problemselverz on cn
  • WHAT!? Why the heck is there so many negative reviews for this show!?

I was shocked when I saw so many 1's and 2's for this show. I don't think this show is that bad. I think it's great. The show has interesting and entertaining characters, storylines, and environments. Every single episode is different and they all have strong storylines. Even though the show is so great, it isn't very original. Fanboy and Chum Chum rips off shows like Spongebob, The Fairly Odd Parents, Phineas and Ferb, and The Mighty B. I was glad that Fanboy and Chum Chum got a 2nd season and I wish it would get a 3rd season. But I don't think that is going to happen. Since the 2nd season premiere, episodes haven't aired for months. I hope they start making more episodes soon.
  • Wonder why there aren't so many positive reviews of this show? It's because the people who enjoy it are busy actually watching it and laughing at the misadventures of the duo. Do you want to know WHY they're laughing? Read on...

(Note - Words/Phrases with a * by them have a footnote. I'm pretty sure all of you already know this, but just in case you don't, I'm just sayin'.)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

My name is Alexis. I'm a fifteen year old DC and Marvel obsessed, Lord of the Rings worshiping fangeek, I enjoy watching cartoons and drawing comic books, and I will start by saying this - Fanboy and Chum Chum is NOT an Educational show.

It's not meant to be.

If your children take lessons for cartoons, I'm sorry, but that is your fault for not teaching them otherwise.

Fanboy and Chum Chum is not meant for "life lessons" and the such, but just to sit back and laugh at something funny after a long day of... what do you call it? Ah yes. Reality. I think it's healthy for anyone and everyone to just sit down once in a while and laugh at a bit of nonsense. Even parents.

Actually, parents may enjoy this show as much or more than their children and teens.

FBaCC is chock-FULL of culture references that normally fly over the younger viewers heads. Sure, there are the obvious references; Janitor Russ Poopatine (Emperor Russ Palpatine - Star Wars) and The Dollar-nator (Terminator - The Terminator Series). But it's the smaller references that'll get you! Just one example is seen in the episode "Digital Pet Cemetery." - -

1) It has a similar plot to Stephen King's "Pet Semetery", which a good chunk of the older audience of the show has read. 2) In another tribute to King, Scampers bashes through a door and cries "Here's Scampers!", a parody of "Here's Jhonny!" from "The Shining", which, again, most of the older audience of the show has read. 3) For a third (and not even the final one), Oz busts through the Fanlair door - with a battleaxe - and shouts "There can be only one!", a reference to the "Highlander" movie. A lot of you who were around when that came out (or have parents who were and introduced it to you, as in my case,) should have gotten that.

Even more! Boog Shlizetti is, himself, one big culture reference! Boog has mentioned twice that he grew up in a plastic bubble (a homage to John Travolta, who starred in The Boy in the Plastic Bubble), and it becomes a major plot point in "Fanboy in the Plastic Bubble." Boog even talks like Travolta's character, Vinnie Barbarino, in Welcome Back, Kotter. He has a prized car named Sandy, which is a possible reference to the movie Grease.

There are so many of you who should get that!

But... maybe I'm wrong. Maybe you didn't get that, or don't know what the *frak I'm talking about. Maybe you just really can't get over the more juvenile humor in the show enough to see the really funny stuff.

Maybe you can't relate to all the childhood fantasies and misadventures this show is about.

And that's okay if you don't. That just means that this show isn't for you and you should change the channel and stop complaining.

I repeat, This show is for nothing but humor.

Do any of you remember **"Freakazoid!"? It's like that. While I love Fanboy and Chum Chum because it's got loose humor and energetic characters, the little references really make this show for me. If you pay attention, you may recognize something too! For those of you who say you don't like this show, take another look and ***watch another episode! While the animation is questionable****, you should be able to relate to the characters, and if you can't do that, try to find the little things that poke at you and say "Hey! Lookit! It's a Joke! Get It!?" Just sit back and let your subconscious drift.

So stop being so serious, sit back, and learn to laugh at the twisted, nonsensical adventures of Fanboy and Chum Chum.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

*If you think I'm just using "Frak" as a replacement for another certain "word" and you actually don't know that it's from Star Trek, than you should just stop reading this right now.

**For info on "Freakazoid!" go here - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freakazoid

***Although I will admit, "Marsha, Marsha, Marsha", "Cold War", "Moppy Dearest", and "Night Morning" were pretty lousy episodes as far as older humor is concerned. Watch an episode besides one of these. Even I didn't like 'em.

****I agree with most of you on one thing - the opening song for this show stinks.
  • Why does everyone hate this?

I like how the show looks like and how they make it, but only problem is their voices. After all it's a 9/10.
  • I'll give it a 9 because to be honest it's definitely not a perfect show

I like it, I'll admit it. I've heard and read a lot of horrible criticism about this show and to be honest I've seen a lot worse shows out there than this one. The reason why I like this show is that sometimes, believe it or not, the show can be funny and it's not because I laugh at everything and have a weird sense of humor, it's because we all laugh at different things that we all find funny while there are others out there who either just don't get the jokes or they think it's funny, but they're just too afraid to laught about it in public. Anways, 9/10 would have been a perfect 10 if the show was funnier than what it is.
  • I was suprised.

I absolutely adore this show so far. The animations are smooth and clean, the characters are interesting and have A LOT of character, though some of them need a bit more background story, and the humor is cute and fun. Has anyone who's rated so low actually seen more than five minutes of an episode? I was extremely skeptical at first, especially with all these cruddy new shows like "Chowder" and "The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack," but I actually found this show quite enjoyable. However, they could cut down on the "poop" jokes, I agree.

I really enjoy the allusions to Star Wars, myself being a casual Star Wars fan. Janitor Poopatine is a quite fun character. I also very much like the character Kyle, though he does seem randomly placed. Something I really like about this show is the fluidity. Fanboy and Chum Chum are supposedly powerless boys, yet they will randomly float into the air. Anything can happen; there's no way this show could ever "jump the shark" because it's all so interestingly zany.

It's not everyone's cup of tea, but I don't think it should have as bad of a review as it's gotten so far. It's definitely worth giving a shot. :]
  • The show is pretty much the adventures of a couple of spazzy guys who like comic books, freezy freezes, and whatnot.

Well, in a desperate search for a new show to obsess over, I watched a couple episodes of this show. Really, it isn't as bad as everyone says. I laughed a few times. There is some gross humor in it, but I haven't seen too much of it. Trust me, this show doesn't run completely on gross humor. If it did, I probably would have only watched one episode and then tried to wipe the terribleness out of my mind. People have been saying the main characters are retards, but isn't that how a lot of shows have been? And to be honest, Fanboy is one of my favorite characters. He just acts really silly and hyperactive and makes me laugh at times. Another character I like is Kyle, who kinda balances out the hyperactiveness of, well, everyone around him. I actually kind of wonder if the people who reviewed this series ever actually watched it. It's pretty decent. I think I give this show a grade of a B.
  • like the show

Fanboy and Chum Chum is a spin-off of Nickelodeon's "Random! Cartoons" that was given the green light and turned into a series. By all the advertising, one might think that this show is what Nickelodeon wants their new hit series to be but does it have the qualities?

The show centers on a young boy who goes by the name of Fanboy. Along with his best friend, who is called Chum Chum, the two have a series of misadventures. Nickelodeon has definitely introduced a line of lovable memorable characters over the years such as Invader Zim and Danny Phantom to name a few. Fanboy and Chum Chum dress like superheroes but really have no special qualities about them except for being hyperactive and imaginative, something that another Nicktoon managed to make entertaining. Along with that, the characters can be flat-out annoying with their traits. If they're not obsessing over something insignificant, then they're making all sorts of loud noises. The other characters on the show fail to impress, I must admit. Either they've already been done so many times before or you're just left wondering what the producers were thinking when they were making all of this. For example, one of the side characters is called Yo. Either that's really lazy or really imaginative, guys.

The animation is in CGI/3-D, what we've come to see so much of these days. Not only do some of the backgrounds lack texture and detail, but the characters all look so bizarre and aren't very easy on the eyes. The show makes use of exaggerated anatomy with cylinder-shaped heads and big bulging eyes, but by taking a good look at the show, one would realize that exaggerated anatomy doesn't work in 3-D. The animation isn't very smooth as actions like arm movements can happen so suddenly, another thing that doesn't work as well in 3-D.

Despite the gripes about production values, there are still some good times to be had in Fanboy and Chum Chum. There are a nice variety of plots, some of which have been done before like the mysterious new kid, and many traces of both slapstick and verbal humor. Most of the humor is generated from the show's title characters and their antics are as likely to entertain as they are to annoy some viewers. One thing that has to be said is that there are numerous accounts of crude humor in this show. If you haven't seen it in the show, then you've likely seen it in the commercials. This is a rather touchy subject and varies between the viewers.

My verdict: Fanboy and Chum Chum is not the worse show that any network has seen in recent history, but at the same time, it's not the best show. Sure, there are good times to be had but most of the show has either been done before or seems uninspired. To be honest, I doubt that Fanboy and Chum Chum is likely to replace The Mighty B! as my primary aspiring-superhero cartoon. For those in the market for at the least, a light laugh, then the show will deliver that. It offers a nice change of pace from the disturbingly-high amounts of live-action and most people should at least give this show a chance.

Animation: 6.5 – Most CGI/3-D animation these days looks good but the show is definitely lacking in some categories, namely characters.
    Sound: 7.0 – The theme song is as hyperactive as the characters, which, although fun, can be a bit annoying.
    Fun Factor: 7.5 – There are a variety of plots and plot devices throughout the show but since most of it has been done before, nothing will really seem new to you.
    Appeal: 6.5 – To some, the chunky character designs and copious amounts of gross humor will be a turnoff.

Final Score: 6.9 – Meets the mark. Although not the best show, you can still find some entertainment in this show and at the least, you should give it a chance.
  • Surely that is not the best show ever, but I see it as a good show.

Almost everyone hates the show Fanboy and Chum Chum, but I do not hate him. It is not a huge show, but still watchable.

And the CGI animation is not that bad, but better in season 1.

Balance of seasons:

* First season: season-decent episodes, although some unwatchable (7.6)

* Second season: Without a doubt, worse than the previous season. Most of these episodes were not original. And the last, were painful (7.2)

• It's much better than any crappy show like Legends of Chima

It might have a few fart jokes but it is a thousand times better than crappy , uncreative show Legends of Crappy Crap
  • Is the newest Nicktoon of superhero or sidekick caliber? Or should it leave the business to someone else?

• It's not good, but it's halfway entertaining.

I hated this show just by watching the trailers. If it were 2-D animation, it would be a heck of a lot better. But this show is not boring. It makes no sence, and it's gross at times, but it's not a bad show.

Granted that this show has nothing on shows like Animaniacs or Tiny Toon Adventures, Fanboy and Chumchum is idiotic, but that's half of the humor. It's like a new age Ren and Stimpy, only not as contrivercial and not as greatly animated. This show dosn't deserve a second season, but it does deserve credit for keeping me entertained for a full ten minutes!
  • haters can hate!

i dont love it, or hate it. I only watched a few episodes and it was ok. I was a little bit surprised when it was cancelled. its ok. but i would never think it "sucks horse nuts" im not mean enough to say it like THAT.
  • Hmm...

Ok so I SORT OF like this show. SORT OF. I don't love it but I don't hate it either. I think the plot is okay. Not too bad, but maybe it could be a tad more original. I don't like this show because:

1. The theme song is HORRID. (The only show that has a worse theme song is The Mighty B).

2. It has too much potty humor.

3. It's CGI. The good qualities:

1. It's funny sometimes. (SOMETIMES).

2. The wizard boy is funny.

3. It's a nice break from the live-action crud they've been putting on lately.

So overall, it's OK, but not the greatest show on Nickelodeon.

-wolvesrule221
  • Not one of Nickelodeons best

5.5
    Fanboy and Chum Chum is a cheesy slapstick comedy that is technically a horrible show but is better tan some of the garbage cartoon on TV now a days.
  • A decent show, but nothing too special.

5.5
    Fanboy and Chum Chum is an OK show. But its nothing too special. The animation in this show is good and bad at the same time, it's a creative concept taking cartoon-like animation and mixing it with 3d, (it's very hard to explain). The voice acting is pretty good most of the time, its about as good as in SpongeBob or something. The humor is gross most of the time, but just enough to be funny. This show's main characters act stupid and yell all the time (Chum Chum tells us that Fanboy only has an outside voice).
    So definately give this show a chance and if you dont like it, I understand.
  • not the best nick show

5.5
    fanboy and chum chum is just a nick crap.

it will end very soon i promise.

its the worst nick show

but thears some good episodes.

by the way i want to ask:

why they where those superheros costumes

and what the storyline ?

wait dont answer !

i know !

fanboy and chum chum are just a brain-less crazy kids........

give me a brake from this show.

if you want to see a good nicktoons shows

see spongebob , barnyard , jimmy neturon or the penguins of madagscar.

i'm a really big fan of nicktoons

but fanboy and chum chum are just wrong.

dont see this show
  • This would have been the best new thing from Nickelodeon, IF it was funny.

Alright lets see, "Fanboy and Chum Chum". A Nickelodeon cartoon about two hyperactive kids that love slushys and are fans of everything, well in the show.

What I think of this, Well a lot of kid friendly cartoons nowadays aren't perfect or good. Some of them are cool but you will always find at least 2 or 3 problems in it. When I saw this the first time I thought it sucked a lot and was really really bad, but after seeing some other episodes including the new ones the style and craziness of this show really took me back to the days I used to love watching Nickelodeon. The problem with the show is most of the episodes aren't actually funny and does have a lot of jokes that relate to something disgusting. I like the CGI animation though. The character design is probably the biggest complaint about the show from a lot of people. I kind of like it. I don't think it's that bad I mean it probably is compared to "Jimmy Neutron" but the creator of "Fanboy" maybe was to make them look crazy and since it is a kids show.

Still this is just a reason why Nickelodeon needs to go back to their old selves.

That's why I give Fanboy a 5.0
  • fanboy and chum chum is geting canceled maybe

you lunatics there is no 3rd season its ending 2013
  • In my opinion, this show not 100% awful, but I do agree with the haters on the names...

I don't think this show is very bad, but I just think it's a poor show. I do agree with the problems. The problems in the show (which make reasons why everyone hate this show a lot) are the names, the music, the fart humor, and some characters. The names are pretty stupid. The most stupid name had to be Yo (as well as Fan Kyle Chum). The music (no offense to the guy who composed it) is just bland. It is nothing but some weird instrument. I wish this show has better background music. I don't even like the dramatic ones either. The fart humor are very dumb also. I'm sick of seeing fart cloud (like the boys did to Kyle once in that prank episode) coming on after a lame joke appears. Also, we even hear poop (the janitor name) and some fart noise. The fart humor is the huge reason why everyone hate this show. If this show didn't have that much problems that I listed above, it should been a decent show to everyone. Now, let's go to the characters. The characters that I liked are Oz, Kyle, Lenny, Man-Artica, and sometimes Fanboy. The characters that seems to bug are Chum Chum (not all the time, but he just annoying in season 1), Boog (60% of the time when he just bop the boys), and Yo. Oh, don't make started with Yo. She has to be the worst character in the whole dang show. I'm glad that everyone hates this annoying character. She is my huge problem whenever she appears (Prank Master, Brain Drain, Fanboy Ahoy, Incredible Shrinking Fanboy, and Battle of the Stands). I'm sick of her obession with Chum Chum. It's annoying and not funny at all. I just wish Chum Chum (as well as Fanboy) shuts Yo's annoying mouth up. Seriously, that girl scared the living heck outta me (she always come out of nowhere). I don't Yo had never been an unlikeable character. Enough said on that girl. Fanboy can annoy me sometimes when he and Chum Chum act idiots like SpongeBob and Patrick. Mr. Mufflin (their teacher) is alright, but sometimes get on my nerves when he's mean. I liked him better when he act like a fun person. Lupe is okay as well and so does the others. I only watch this show when there's new episodes airing. I don't watch reruns because it will get me annoyed seeing Yo annoying , boog painfully bopping, and the boys acting like idiots. The worst episodes are Precious Pig, Monster in the Mist, and the episode when Fanboy uses his hand. Overall this show is just lame. I only made my score a little higher because some of the characters are likeable and I don't really think it's awful. 4/10
  • I can't say that I hate the show BUT I can't also say that I like the show either... I do agree that it's one of the worst cartoons ever made in the history of animation

Well... I would give this show a 1 like most of the users but I just gave a 4 because I don't hate it entirely. I do agree that it's one of the worst cartoons ever made in the history of animation. Don't hate me because I gave this cartoon a "4"... it is my opinion on what I think. I rather watch this cartoon than "Planet Sheen" to be honest. I don't think "Fanboy and Chum Chum is an abysmal cartoon like most of the users do but I just think it's a poor show. Not the all-time worst I've seen but it's unwatchable. I don't blame you users if you give this cartoon a "1" and I do understand why. I seriously don't blame you for hating on this show. I do hate this show but not entirely. Well... I can't exactly say that I hate the show but I also can't say that I like the show either. It's not even considered an okay show... it's just poor. The characters in this show are pretty ridiculous. I do sometimes find this cartoon to be enjoyable. Not most of the time because the plots are unoriginal and ridiculous but sometimes. Fanboy and Chum Chum do annoy the living hell out of me though. Also, what is up with the freakin' characters' names? "Fanboy" "Chum Chum", "Boog", "Yo", "Janitor Poopatine" (seriously a toilet name... now that's just gross and wrong in so many ways). Are the creators of this show just childish or something, I can come up with creative names than that. Most of the characters in this show are just alright. To be honest, I think Ozzy is probably the best character in this show. I don't know why but he is just an awesome character and can be pretty funny at times. Also, most of the humor in this show are nothing but toilet jokes so I really don't find most of the jokes in this show funny... mainly because we've heard it thousands of times before. The characters I can't stand are Yo and Boog. I hate Yo because she is so dang annoying when she wants Fanboy and tries to get Chum Chum away from him. I hate Boog because he harasses Fanboy and Chum Chum a lot especially when he always likes to bop them. Kyle is a decent character in this show... while he isn't my favorite character, he is decent and I do feel bad for him because bad things happen to him whenever he is around Fanboy and Chum Chum. So yeah, "Fanboy and Chum Chum" is a cartoon that has no originality, choppy and crappy animation, weird and childish storylines, and everything else just isn't good. Overall, while this cartoon is (sometimes) entertaining and kinda funny, it is just unwatchable and ridiculous BUT I don't blame you people for giving this cartoon negative reviews... I seriously don't, I understand all of you completely why you hate this show. For me, it's not abysmal but it's just poor. 4/10

• WOW! SpongeBob and Patrick 2.0 3D Deluxe on Ice - human version!

This is a ripoff of Spongebob and Patrick friendship in 3D, mixed with supernatural stuff like Billy and Mandy.

Two kids with superhero complex in exaggerated situations of the life.

I give 4/10 to this crap, cause the 3D animation is very creative for a CGI show. But the potential in the concept is overshadowed by the silly-goofy personality of the main character.

Like watch Spongebob and Patrick's love seed (if they were a gay couple) with an affair on Bessie Higgenbottom.

Really annoying.

Here in Latin america premiered the last week, so i gonna give them one more chance to win my heart (there are not hope i think...)
  • I have to agree with the other people, this show is bad. See my review for more details.

3.5
    I gave this show a chance, and wow it was terrible. But, to make this intro short i will review it like this :

Opening : The opening is just stupid. All it is Fanboy and Chum chum running around like idiots. The music is just plain weird.

Characters : The Character's names are random and stupid. Seriously, a girl named Yo, a bully called Boog, and an evil janitor who is a rip off of palpatine from star wars? Oh and in a recent episode they had a guy named Manarctica or something like that who was pretty much a rip-off of santa. Plot : The Plots are dumb as well. Seriously, gum monsters, an ice monster, and wizards ( Though, Kyle is sort of funny)? Also, Fanboy and Chum Chum don't even have powers and they act like superheroes. Wow, that is just sad. Don't get mad at me, I MAY give this show another chance, but i'm not really sure. Overall Grade: D
  • stupid show

this show is stupid, the only time i find it good is when I didn't get enough sleep and don't realize I'm watching a crap tv show.
  • What can I say? It's about two dorky kids that screw around everyday in unrealistic cheesy twists, and gross humor.

Now, I can understand that this show is for kids, whom find fart jokes/boogers/prank jokes hilarious. But, when you look at it in the perspective of an intelligent adult, it is ear rape. The plot of every show is monotonous, and overdone. The humor in the show is cliche and nothing new. The animation though is quite impressive, and is pretty clean. But it does not make up for the plot and the humor, which we have ALL seen. The things that happen in the show are extremely unrealistic, to the point where it isn't even funny; (In an episode, Fanboy took out his brain and inserted it into a robot so he could be a machine. I understand that it is a cartoon, but REALLY?).It's nothing new, it's ridiculous. 3.0, at best for me.
  • OK GUD

2.5
    Yeah ok... I gotta be honest with you guys, when I was just a little bit younger I used to kind of like this show a bit, really. And while I do not hate it as much as many other shows around here (even though it does not say much), I still think it is a rotten shitburger covered in maggots that they somehow got on TV. Robot & Monster is a better CG animated show than this shit, and I could call this a fact.
  • Annoying and not very good

2.5
    This show is loud, annoying and has very unlikable characters. It often resorts to gross out humor, and by often I mean always. A few good allusions are in the show, but it mostly falls flat for me.
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7