Fanboy & Chum Chum

Nickelodeon (ended 2014)

JordanWelch

Fanboy & Chum Chum Fan Reviews (193)

2.6
  • I was suprised.

I absolutely adore this show so far. The animations are smooth and clean, the characters are interesting and have A LOT of character, though some of them need a bit more background story, and the humor is cute and fun. Has anyone who's rated so low actually seen more than five minutes of an episode? I was extremely skeptical at first, especially with all these cruddy new shows like "Chowder" and "The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack," but I actually found this show quite enjoyable. However, they could cut down on the "poop" jokes, I agree.

I really enjoy the allusions to Star Wars, myself being a casual Star Wars fan. Janitor Poopatine is a quite fun character. I also very much like the character Kyle, though he does seem randomly placed. Something I really like about this show is the fluidity. Fanboy and Chum Chum are supposedly powerless boys, yet they will randomly float into the air. Anything can happen; there's no way this show could ever "jump the shark" because it's all so interestingly zany.

It's not everyone's cup of tea, but I don't think it should have as bad of a review as it's gotten so far. It's definitely worth giving a shot. :]
  • Cute and funny

This Show is Cute and Funny Forget all the Haters Haters Keep your Mouth shut if you Have nothing Nice to say do no say it at all This Show is Funny Robot and Monster is Junk Come on Give it a Chance hey its better then problemselverz on cn
  • This would have been the best new thing from Nickelodeon, IF it was funny.

Alright lets see, "Fanboy and Chum Chum". A Nickelodeon cartoon about two hyperactive kids that love slushys and are fans of everything, well in the show.

What I think of this, Well a lot of kid friendly cartoons nowadays aren't perfect or good. Some of them are cool but you will always find at least 2 or 3 problems in it. When I saw this the first time I thought it sucked a lot and was really really bad, but after seeing some other episodes including the new ones the style and craziness of this show really took me back to the days I used to love watching Nickelodeon. The problem with the show is most of the episodes aren't actually funny and does have a lot of jokes that relate to something disgusting. I like the CGI animation though. The character design is probably the biggest complaint about the show from a lot of people. I kind of like it. I don't think it's that bad I mean it probably is compared to "Jimmy Neutron" but the creator of "Fanboy" maybe was to make them look crazy and since it is a kids show.

Still this is just a reason why Nickelodeon needs to go back to their old selves.

That's why I give Fanboy a 5.0
  • Wonder why there aren't so many positive reviews of this show? It's because the people who enjoy it are busy actually watching it and laughing at the misadventures of the duo. Do you want to know WHY they're laughing? Read on...

(Note - Words/Phrases with a * by them have a footnote. I'm pretty sure all of you already know this, but just in case you don't, I'm just sayin'.)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

My name is Alexis. I'm a fifteen year old DC and Marvel obsessed, Lord of the Rings worshiping fangeek, I enjoy watching cartoons and drawing comic books, and I will start by saying this - Fanboy and Chum Chum is NOT an Educational show.

It's not meant to be.

If your children take lessons for cartoons, I'm sorry, but that is your fault for not teaching them otherwise.

Fanboy and Chum Chum is not meant for "life lessons" and the such, but just to sit back and laugh at something funny after a long day of... what do you call it? Ah yes. Reality. I think it's healthy for anyone and everyone to just sit down once in a while and laugh at a bit of nonsense. Even parents.

Actually, parents may enjoy this show as much or more than their children and teens.

FBaCC is chock-FULL of culture references that normally fly over the younger viewers heads. Sure, there are the obvious references; Janitor Russ Poopatine (Emperor Russ Palpatine - Star Wars) and The Dollar-nator (Terminator - The Terminator Series). But it's the smaller references that'll get you! Just one example is seen in the episode "Digital Pet Cemetery." - -

1) It has a similar plot to Stephen King's "Pet Semetery", which a good chunk of the older audience of the show has read. 2) In another tribute to King, Scampers bashes through a door and cries "Here's Scampers!", a parody of "Here's Jhonny!" from "The Shining", which, again, most of the older audience of the show has read. 3) For a third (and not even the final one), Oz busts through the Fanlair door - with a battleaxe - and shouts "There can be only one!", a reference to the "Highlander" movie. A lot of you who were around when that came out (or have parents who were and introduced it to you, as in my case,) should have gotten that.

Even more! Boog Shlizetti is, himself, one big culture reference! Boog has mentioned twice that he grew up in a plastic bubble (a homage to John Travolta, who starred in The Boy in the Plastic Bubble), and it becomes a major plot point in "Fanboy in the Plastic Bubble." Boog even talks like Travolta's character, Vinnie Barbarino, in Welcome Back, Kotter. He has a prized car named Sandy, which is a possible reference to the movie Grease.

There are so many of you who should get that!

But... maybe I'm wrong. Maybe you didn't get that, or don't know what the *frak I'm talking about. Maybe you just really can't get over the more juvenile humor in the show enough to see the really funny stuff.

Maybe you can't relate to all the childhood fantasies and misadventures this show is about.

And that's okay if you don't. That just means that this show isn't for you and you should change the channel and stop complaining.

I repeat, This show is for nothing but humor.

Do any of you remember **"Freakazoid!"? It's like that. While I love Fanboy and Chum Chum because it's got loose humor and energetic characters, the little references really make this show for me. If you pay attention, you may recognize something too! For those of you who say you don't like this show, take another look and ***watch another episode! While the animation is questionable****, you should be able to relate to the characters, and if you can't do that, try to find the little things that poke at you and say "Hey! Lookit! It's a Joke! Get It!?" Just sit back and let your subconscious drift.

So stop being so serious, sit back, and learn to laugh at the twisted, nonsensical adventures of Fanboy and Chum Chum.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

*If you think I'm just using "Frak" as a replacement for another certain "word" and you actually don't know that it's from Star Trek, than you should just stop reading this right now.

**For info on "Freakazoid!" go here - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freakazoid

***Although I will admit, "Marsha, Marsha, Marsha", "Cold War", "Moppy Dearest", and "Night Morning" were pretty lousy episodes as far as older humor is concerned. Watch an episode besides one of these. Even I didn't like 'em.

****I agree with most of you on one thing - the opening song for this show stinks.
  • The show is pretty much the adventures of a couple of spazzy guys who like comic books, freezy freezes, and whatnot.

Well, in a desperate search for a new show to obsess over, I watched a couple episodes of this show. Really, it isn't as bad as everyone says. I laughed a few times. There is some gross humor in it, but I haven't seen too much of it. Trust me, this show doesn't run completely on gross humor. If it did, I probably would have only watched one episode and then tried to wipe the terribleness out of my mind. People have been saying the main characters are retards, but isn't that how a lot of shows have been? And to be honest, Fanboy is one of my favorite characters. He just acts really silly and hyperactive and makes me laugh at times. Another character I like is Kyle, who kinda balances out the hyperactiveness of, well, everyone around him. I actually kind of wonder if the people who reviewed this series ever actually watched it. It's pretty decent. I think I give this show a grade of a B.
  • like the show

Fanboy and Chum Chum is a spin-off of Nickelodeon's "Random! Cartoons" that was given the green light and turned into a series. By all the advertising, one might think that this show is what Nickelodeon wants their new hit series to be but does it have the qualities?

The show centers on a young boy who goes by the name of Fanboy. Along with his best friend, who is called Chum Chum, the two have a series of misadventures. Nickelodeon has definitely introduced a line of lovable memorable characters over the years such as Invader Zim and Danny Phantom to name a few. Fanboy and Chum Chum dress like superheroes but really have no special qualities about them except for being hyperactive and imaginative, something that another Nicktoon managed to make entertaining. Along with that, the characters can be flat-out annoying with their traits. If they're not obsessing over something insignificant, then they're making all sorts of loud noises. The other characters on the show fail to impress, I must admit. Either they've already been done so many times before or you're just left wondering what the producers were thinking when they were making all of this. For example, one of the side characters is called Yo. Either that's really lazy or really imaginative, guys.

The animation is in CGI/3-D, what we've come to see so much of these days. Not only do some of the backgrounds lack texture and detail, but the characters all look so bizarre and aren't very easy on the eyes. The show makes use of exaggerated anatomy with cylinder-shaped heads and big bulging eyes, but by taking a good look at the show, one would realize that exaggerated anatomy doesn't work in 3-D. The animation isn't very smooth as actions like arm movements can happen so suddenly, another thing that doesn't work as well in 3-D.

Despite the gripes about production values, there are still some good times to be had in Fanboy and Chum Chum. There are a nice variety of plots, some of which have been done before like the mysterious new kid, and many traces of both slapstick and verbal humor. Most of the humor is generated from the show's title characters and their antics are as likely to entertain as they are to annoy some viewers. One thing that has to be said is that there are numerous accounts of crude humor in this show. If you haven't seen it in the show, then you've likely seen it in the commercials. This is a rather touchy subject and varies between the viewers.

My verdict: Fanboy and Chum Chum is not the worse show that any network has seen in recent history, but at the same time, it's not the best show. Sure, there are good times to be had but most of the show has either been done before or seems uninspired. To be honest, I doubt that Fanboy and Chum Chum is likely to replace The Mighty B! as my primary aspiring-superhero cartoon. For those in the market for at the least, a light laugh, then the show will deliver that. It offers a nice change of pace from the disturbingly-high amounts of live-action and most people should at least give this show a chance.

Animation: 6.5 – Most CGI/3-D animation these days looks good but the show is definitely lacking in some categories, namely characters.
    Sound: 7.0 – The theme song is as hyperactive as the characters, which, although fun, can be a bit annoying.
    Fun Factor: 7.5 – There are a variety of plots and plot devices throughout the show but since most of it has been done before, nothing will really seem new to you.
    Appeal: 6.5 – To some, the chunky character designs and copious amounts of gross humor will be a turnoff.

Final Score: 6.9 – Meets the mark. Although not the best show, you can still find some entertainment in this show and at the least, you should give it a chance.
  • WHAT!? Why the heck is there so many negative reviews for this show!?

I was shocked when I saw so many 1's and 2's for this show. I don't think this show is that bad. I think it's great. The show has interesting and entertaining characters, storylines, and environments. Every single episode is different and they all have strong storylines. Even though the show is so great, it isn't very original. Fanboy and Chum Chum rips off shows like Spongebob, The Fairly Odd Parents, Phineas and Ferb, and The Mighty B. I was glad that Fanboy and Chum Chum got a 2nd season and I wish it would get a 3rd season. But I don't think that is going to happen. Since the 2nd season premiere, episodes haven't aired for months. I hope they start making more episodes soon.
  • Fanboy and Chum Chum?

More like Lameboy and Dumb Dumb. LOL :D
  • I'll give it a 9 because to be honest it's definitely not a perfect show

I like it, I'll admit it. I've heard and read a lot of horrible criticism about this show and to be honest I've seen a lot worse shows out there than this one. The reason why I like this show is that sometimes, believe it or not, the show can be funny and it's not because I laugh at everything and have a weird sense of humor, it's because we all laugh at different things that we all find funny while there are others out there who either just don't get the jokes or they think it's funny, but they're just too afraid to laught about it in public. Anways, 9/10 would have been a perfect 10 if the show was funnier than what it is.
  • It's not good, but it's halfway entertaining.

I hated this show just by watching the trailers. If it were 2-D animation, it would be a heck of a lot better. But this show is not boring. It makes no sence, and it's gross at times, but it's not a bad show.

Granted that this show has nothing on shows like Animaniacs or Tiny Toon Adventures, Fanboy and Chumchum is idiotic, but that's half of the humor. It's like a new age Ren and Stimpy, only not as contrivercial and not as greatly animated. This show dosn't deserve a second season, but it does deserve credit for keeping me entertained for a full ten minutes!
  • A decent show, but nothing too special.

5.5
    Fanboy and Chum Chum is an OK show. But its nothing too special. The animation in this show is good and bad at the same time, it's a creative concept taking cartoon-like animation and mixing it with 3d, (it's very hard to explain). The voice acting is pretty good most of the time, its about as good as in SpongeBob or something. The humor is gross most of the time, but just enough to be funny. This show's main characters act stupid and yell all the time (Chum Chum tells us that Fanboy only has an outside voice).
    So definately give this show a chance and if you dont like it, I understand.
  • Is the newest Nicktoon of superhero or sidekick caliber? Or should it leave the business to someone else?

• It's much better than any crappy show like Legends of Chima

It might have a few fart jokes but it is a thousand times better than crappy , uncreative show Legends of Crappy Crap
  • haters can hate!

i dont love it, or hate it. I only watched a few episodes and it was ok. I was a little bit surprised when it was cancelled. its ok. but i would never think it "sucks horse nuts" im not mean enough to say it like THAT.
  • i love it this should be uncancelled and replace spongebob

fanboy and chum chum are one of the best role models of television they so cray cray like sway sway chum chum just freaky yo all of the characters are awesome and sexy it also has better animation than jimmy neutron which ripped off planet sheen bad show fanboy and chum chum is boss
  • One of the funniest nicktoons ever.

I had so much fun with this show. The farts be down right hilarious.
  • Completely Underrated

Why does everyone dislike Fanboy & Chum Chum? It's really well done and well-written. The characters are all smart, unlike what most of this reviewers think (probably because they've never watched it, thinking it would be unbearable). It is from the creators of The Fairly OddParents and ChalkZone, which I enjoy too.
  • Hmm...

Ok so I SORT OF like this show. SORT OF. I don't love it but I don't hate it either. I think the plot is okay. Not too bad, but maybe it could be a tad more original. I don't like this show because:

1. The theme song is HORRID. (The only show that has a worse theme song is The Mighty B).

2. It has too much potty humor.

3. It's CGI. The good qualities:

1. It's funny sometimes. (SOMETIMES).

2. The wizard boy is funny.

3. It's a nice break from the live-action crud they've been putting on lately.

So overall, it's OK, but not the greatest show on Nickelodeon.

-wolvesrule221
  • If you don't like whats on change the channel!

Well seriously, I myself can't help but laugh at this show. And for the haters well, if you don't like it change the channel (hence the title). Come on its stupid television for sure but, everyone needs a good laugh. Everything is fine in moderation, there are a lot of shows I don't want my girls to watch on tv however the time they do spend watching I regulate it, like a responsible parent! Nothing wrong with mindless tv once in a while. I let my girls watch this for an hour once a week on Netflix. If it was on tv for an hour once a week I'd let them watch it. Bring it back Nickelodeon, maybe just put it on later when all the sticks in the mud already have their kids in bed!
  • So gud

WHOOOOO. So gud
  • I was horribly wrong for liking this show!!!

Third time I reviewed this.But so horrible.Nick had one chance and they spent it on idiotic shows.The show's about a stupid,nose pickin pack of superhero's.Dare to know there names.FANBOY AND CHUM CHUM!!!They don't even have super powers,which is a waste of imagination,while Adventure Time has plenty of imagination.You think that's bad?Then check out the Other characters names.A girl named Yo,a bully named Boog and a rip-off of Comic Book Guy named OZ.And then there's the owner of the Frosty Mart and a wizard.You dare to know there names?Kyle and Lenny!Really?Once you get stupid names,you get Kyle and Lenny?Geez.And like Johnny Test,they have stupid villians and others with Digital pet zombies,Bears stealing money,Gum people and Ice heros.And dumb spoofs of Star Wars,King Kong and Michael Jackson.And it's humor is so stupid.Like when Chum Chum was trying to get a superhero to come to his house and he had the wrong snack,Cookies and Milk.And so he figures out the right snack.And you know what it is?Milk and cookies!WTH?That's a fail.I give it a F for failing.Score:

Animation:The useless thing that CGI does.And every eye is cheap because it looks like glass.

Humor:No humor at all with idiotic superheros.

Voices:Terrible voice acting.Fanboy and Chum would never shut up!

Music:Stupid.The musical numbers are stupid too except the He's My Best Friend one.

Theme:The worst one I ever heard.It's just the two idiots acting like dummyheads.

The 4th worst show of all time.This worse than the Garfield Show,but Johnny Test is worse.
  • Thought it was fun at the time, but looking back, its TRASH

Yes, I was in the minority. While I will admit, at the time it came on, I kinda liked this show, only because I didn't have much of a choice, our cable got cut back and we only really had 20 channels. But anyway, looking back 5 years later, its absolutely pathetic, the jokes are very forced and the plots are done to death. The 80's pop culture references have me at wits end, they are just so forced and out of place.

It seems as though at least 10 characters in this show are voiced by Jeff Glenn Bennett. Not that he's a bad voice actor, he's one of my favorites. It's just so annoying hearing him voice so many characters with very little difference in the tone and sound. The personalities are weak, the writing sucks, just about everything sucks here. The only reason it's still alive is through constant reruns on Nicktoons. Otherwise, this show should be forgotten or deserves to go down in history as one of Nick's worst series of all time.
  • It's awful

Fanboy & Chum Chum is about two 10 year old kids (God knows where their parents are at) that are superhero wannabes. They embark in misadventures such as, err... making friends with this gum creature. The plots make no sense and the animation is downright ugly.

But to make things worse, I used to like this show when it first premiered.
  • Surely that is not the best show ever, but I see it as a good show.

Almost everyone hates the show Fanboy and Chum Chum, but I do not hate him. It is not a huge show, but still watchable.

And the CGI animation is not that bad, but better in season 1.

Balance of seasons:

* First season: season-decent episodes, although some unwatchable (7.6)

* Second season: Without a doubt, worse than the previous season. Most of these episodes were not original. And the last, were painful (7.2)

• Love it

Decent.
  • Fuckboy and Cum Cum

Or Failboy and Dum Dum. Absolute trash. Thank god it was cancelled. Whoever likes this abomination is an idiot. That's it. I'm not writing the plot because I don't bother with this load of crap. Nick, you can do better than this. Screw this!!!!!!!
  • the source of all bad cartoons of today.

well they all trace back to fanboy and dumb dumb yes all these bad cartoons all trace back to

fanboy and dumb dumb yes it was fanboy and dumb dumb that started it all what a terrible cartoon that was just is so sad that fanboy and dumb dumb had to be THE ONE as in THE ONE

cartoon that started it all,so sad ain't it?that it is all fanboy and dumb dumb's fault why there are so many terrible cartoons wounder if fanboy and dumb dumb had not been made all these terrible cartoons wouldn't got made either?

• I am so glad this show got cancelled!

I swear to god, it was among the worst shows on TV. I'd rather watch Mr. Meaty than this show (and don't get me wrong Mr. Meaty sucked too) but this show is unbearable. The characters have the stupidest names out of any characters I have seen on TV. Seriously? Fanboy and Chum-Chum? Wow, such creativity (sarcasm) a lack thereof! I can stomach most gross content on TV but this show exceeds what I can tolerate! How this show was "made" to be a children's program is beyond me!

All this stupid program revolved around were these two idiot kids who act like superheroes because they were obsessed with superhero comics. Not to mention the character designs are so ugly and grotesque looking.

I swear to god, I put it on the other day, most likely a rerun and just to see how bad it is and I turned it off within 2 minutes (if that) it's simply unbearable. Really? Did the writers think that making the characters' IQ negative 400 would make the show funny? If they did then they are just as stupid.

I hope that Fanboy and Chum Chum goes down as among the worst shows in TV history. I would rather be locked in a Saudi Arabian prison then watch this garbage!

Boycott this show at all costs because it is not worth your time. Have a nice day!
  • Terrible

I hate Fanboy and Chum Chum, More like Gayboy and Crap Crap! It ruined Nickelodeon. Making it have terrible animation!
  • Why did Nickelodeon even bother making this horrible cartoon?!

Fanboy and Chum is the most stupid cartoon I've ever seen. The episodes are annoying, dumb, boring, poorly written, and I think Nickelodeon made a HUGE mistake even airing this. Nickelodeon sucks so bad now. Some kids might like this show, but I hate it.
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7