Fanboy & Chum Chum

Saturday 10:30 AM on Nickelodeon Premiered Nov 07, 2009 In Season

JusticeLeaguer

Fanboy & Chum Chum Fan Reviews (174)

2.5
  • One of the funniest nicktoons ever.

I had so much fun with this show. The farts be down right hilarious.
  • Three Words: Worst Nicktoon Ever.

I must say, Nickelodeon has put out a lot of bad shows, even before this one, but none of them were nearly as bad as this complete and utter abomination. Everything about FB&CC is horrible, from the begininng to the end.

The shows premise is about these 2 kids named Fanboy and Chum Chum who share their addiction to the super hero genre and have crazy adventures around town with their friends. Now the premise may sound unoriginal and overdone, but at least it could've made for something decent to watch, but unfortunately it's the opposite of that, instead were given a s**ty cartoon with annoying characters and gross animation.

Almost all the characters in this show are annoying, the only likeable one is Kyle. Fanboy is super irritating and a complete idiot who is a wannabe super hero and fails in that. Same goes for his pal Chum Chum, and he tries so hard to be cute when he's not. The rest of the characters are as annoying as the protagonists. The only likeable one is Kyle, because he can't stand Fanboy and Chum Chum, and I truly don't blame him. Nothing that these characters did made me appreciate them in any way, shape or form, instead they all annoyed me to death. The designs are also unoriginal and copied from other media, Fanboy looks like Bart Simpson in his Bartman costume, Chum Chum looks almost like Milhouse except fatter, and Kyle looks like Harry Potter. You know a show is going to be bad when the creators can't make the character designs look unoriginal. It also seems to rip-off Spongebob in terms of personalities, with Fanboy being Spongebob, Chum Chum being Patrick, Kyle being Squidward and Oz being Mr Krabs.

The plotlines are often been there done that storylines rehashed from other shows and hardly ever add anything new to them. It's usually Fanboy and Chum Chum sharing their love for the super hero genre while doing something like chewing gum or slurping slushies or something like that, then wandering around town annoying people and then getting into some sort of conflict, then solving their problem and then talking about how their day was.

The animation is atrociously animated CGI animation that is choppy and doesn't flow fluidly at all. The artwork is way beyond colorful and seziure inducing its almost hypnotic, and the characters look ugly and deformed with their box heads, bug eyes, big teeth and small noses.

While the set designs are mediocre at best, they look uninspired and might even be copied off from other shows.

The humor is pretty much all just toilet humor that isn't funny in the slightest and is just overused and gross. It's ok if they use it as a source of humor, as long as its infrequent and doesn't go overboard, and it's relevant to the situation, but using it as your only form of conedy will make you lose viewers.

Oh, and what kind of names are Fanboy, Chum Chum, Yo, Boog, Janitor Poopantaine etc. If it's a show with humans, you have to give them real names.

Overall, thus show is definitely the worst show Nick ever made, and I'm so glad it's cancelled.
  • Spoiler Alert

I don't need to write a usual long review to describe this atrocity: disgusting fart humor, dumb kids, poor excuse for a show. Doesn't even deserve a one rating.

They're making new episodes. ._.
  • Really horrible.

Fanboy and Chum Chum is the worst show I've ever saw on nickelodeon Sanjay and Craig is like FB & CC but so much better......

Characters: 0/10

Really? Nick? Really? can't you ever make a show I can watch? No you can't Dickelodeon! what happened in the 90's you made better shows until FOP,and Spongebob came same goes with Disney and Cartoon Network... okay lets get to the characters Fanboy- fanboy? what kind of name is that? I know! a stupid kind! he's ugly,and idiotic who wears underwear over their clothes you look like an ugly superhero!

Chum Chum- More like Dumb Dumb! at least he's a little mature than FB he's also ugly,idiotic,and a moron JUST KILL HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Boog- What the F&^$#&#&? Boog? what does that mean Boogers? I have no word for him... nut I don't like him either

Yo- Who is this crazy B3%@^%? just another ugly big-headed idiot..........

Names 0,000,000/10

Overall just horrible the names suck! this show should get an award for "worst names on their own tv show in history" i know Zero million isn't a number but their names is just ugh!

Plot 0/10

Can't anyone make a plot that makes sense? i mean 2 wacky,ugly,moronic,idiotic,stupid boys who goes on adventures? HA! i'd pay 1,000 buck for whoever can make a show much better than this s4$@
  • Gosh, Why this is still aired on tv?

I don't know why nick decided to run out of storyline ideas and originality. Let's start with the theme song, It's A N N O Y I N G then L O U D! The colors are too bright and hard to see! then the animation: Oh my god! It's disgusting! They have no personalities and No plot just random fricking plot!

All Fs, just simple for this shit.

• haters can hate!

i dont love it, or hate it. I only watched a few episodes and it was ok. I was a little bit surprised when it was cancelled. its ok. but i would never think it "sucks horse nuts" im not mean enough to say it like THAT.
  • Stupidest Show Ive Ever Watched

I don't think there's a dumber show on the face of the earth. When I watched the pilot episode of this show, I was instantly pissed off. I actually kicked the wall in hatred of this shitty show. Thankfully this show stopped making episodes. I think I'd rather ram a fork through my eye than watch a marathon of this crap. Whoever wrote this should be hung immediately or simply fired from writing. I don't see how anyone could find this show entertaining. It sucks horse nuts.
  • BAD FREAKIN' CARTOON!

I don't even know what Nickelodeon was thinking when they allowed a piece of crap like this on their channel. There are also no words to describe how God-awful this so-called comedy is. Fanboy and Chum Chum are two of the most stupid and annoying characters on any TV show I've ever seen. They don't have any knowledge, are brain-dead morons, and are not funny. The other characters are awful, too! The only good characters on this show are Kyle and Lenny, because they don't act annoying, and HATE Dumboy and Fat Fat. I feel sorry for them. Also, what's with the characters' names? Boog? Yo? Poopatine? WTF? The 3D in this show is no better. It is way too sloppy, ugly, and bright! Long story short, this cartoon sucks, and should die in a fire. Don't watch it, man! It's one of the worst modern Nickelodeon shows you'll ever see (thank God it's cancelled).
  • Hmmmmm.

If you want to see my full toughts look at the review below me
  • If your looking to effectively destroy your channel reputation. Look no further! Fanboy and ChumChum!

I can normally watch shows like Fred,Planet Sheen and Marvin Marvin without changing the channel. Don't get me wrong I hate those shows with a passion, but at least their watchable. My friends are aware of my ability to watch at least one episode of a bad show, so one of my friends suggested this show. However once I saw the theme song (That's right the first 30 seconds of the episode) I knew this would be my toughest battle yet. I'm not gonna lie halfway through the episode I changed the channel to Regular Show to restore my humanity. Yes, I'm aware that this show makes references to movies and books outside the target demographic. A lot of shows do this, but they do it in a funny way. Here it's so bland. People will tell me this show is made for nerds not kids. Then one question Why the heck does it have the TV-Y7 rating and if it is for nerds why is it on FRIGGIN NICKELODEON. If you like that stuff that's fine, but keep that junk off of Nickelodeon.

This is the worst peace of fiction I've seen. Worst then Fred. Worst the Marvin Marvin and Annoying Orange combined. Its NOT EVEN BETTER THEN TWILIGHT. Heck, I would even watch the entire Season 9 Spongebob Dvd. The graphics are worst then Bubsy 3D. Heck this is even worse then Sanjay and Craig, but Nickelodeon couldn't get the the hint how awful this is because they made a new show called BreadWinners. What is it? It's the reincarnation of fanboy and chumchum just as friggin ducks.

• The only positive thing about this show, IT'S CANCELED!

Want to make a show that's sure to fail? Take season 7 Spongebob and Patrick, make them even more annoying than usual, make them incredibly sugar high with poor animation, let's add in a Squidward character, rules that are not explained, and over all no pacing. It seems that this show forgets about what makes cartoons good, and the laziest writers in the universe have been hired to make this show. First, let's get to the most obvious problem, the writing. In this show we're only presented with two characters that exist only to annoy the ever living daylights out of people and there's no central plot to the show what so ever. In Spongebob we are shown his daily life and go through adventures with him around episodes that actually have a plot. Even in Adventure Time with it's hijinks, we still get a central plot to every episode and know what Finn and Jake do. Here, we're given a plot but it goes into another plot almost instantly in every episode. Which brings me to the elephant in the room, it's pacing THERE IS NONE! Every episode the plot gets scattered and random everything is thrown at the viewers. Additionally, we get another Squidward like character named Kyle and to me this is a sign of laziness because he's solely there to be Fanboy and Chum Chum's target of annoyance and nothing more. I'm calling it lazy because this seems that this kind of character has been done so many times, placed in there only to be tortured. It's been done with Meg from Family guy, and it's been done with Squidward. Also, it seems that this cartoon universe has rules but they're not followed or explained. There is one episode where they have clones of themselves but we're never told where they came from, what they survive off of, etc. You can make rules for your cartoon universe writers, but they need to make sense and have to be followed. Overall, this is an example of how to lose your job as a writer. The good, it's cancelled.
  • The Best Thing About This Show Is The Whistling At The Beginning Of The Theme Music

I also take sympathy for Kyle, who has to put up with Dimwit and Bum Bum, two of the most annoying protagonist characters on the planet. This is the worst piece of trash cartoon show in the animated universe, with The Simpsons being on the other extreme as the best. Nickelodeon should have given F&CC the quick hook it deserved, but NOOOOOO--it had to extend the series to a third, and possibly, fourth season, thus making it the most overrated POS as well.

UPDATE--Is it possible for me to adopt the whistling as my new cell phone ring tone?
  • Avoid at all Costs

This is probably one of the worst shows ever. It's not even funny, and all it does is irritate you to oblivion. There are several problems with the show.

Characters

Fanboy: The main character of the show. Always dresses like a superhero (which he isn't) and wears his underwear outside of his pants. Main reason for existence is to annoy people.

Chum Chum: The other main character of the show. Like Fanboy, he dresses like a superhero (which he isn't either). Like Fanboy, he wears his underwear outside of his pants. Like Fanboy, he likes to annoy the crap out of people.

All the others are dumb extras who are meant to annoy you even further (Boog, Yo) or are completely pathetic ripoffs (Poopatine) The only one I feel bad for is Kyle because he has to put up with Fanboy and Chum Chum all the time.

Plot: If you like a story about two idiots going around town and annoying the crap out of people, then you'll love this show.

Sound: Most characters' voices are unbearable, and the theme song is loud and irritating enough it's in a class of its' own.

Jokes: Dumb and immature. Just about every joke is associated with potty humor.

Overall Scores

Characters 1/10

Plot 1/10

Sound 1/10

Jokes 0/10

Overall: 0.75/10

The Verdict: If you see this show on the TV-unless you want to get annoyed to death-change the channel immediately. Avoid this show at all costs. Trust me, you do NOT want to watch this show.

BONUS NOTE: On IMDb, it shows Fanboy and Chum Chum won 5 Emmy Awards, was nominated for 3 other Emmys, and nominated for 6 Annies.

You have got to be kidding me...
  • Fuckboy and Fart Fart is cancelled yay!

Overuse of fucking gross humor, freaking pathetic.. Random plot, Ugly characters, Worst names, & Terrible tv show title ever..... breadwinners is even worse with the twerking in IT. This show is a rip off of spongebob. They have no personalities all they act is being stupid and hyper likes to damage other people's stuff and annoy them. nick, If you want a true story plot. Add a villian and storys of them. remove fart jokes and thank god its cancelled more like shitelodeon, BRING BACK THE OLD SHOWS PLEASE.
  • The only good thing I can say about this show is that it is now cancelled

Gross over use of potty humor, no developed characters, or real plot, ugly animation, combined with the worst super heroes (or wannabe heroes) ever. A really stupid show that is an eyesore as much as it is waste of time. I bet it could lower IQ's. I could go on but so many others before me made the points or lack thereof long before me. I'd much rather do math homework than watch this garbage.
  • So gud

WHOOOOO. So gud
  • WHAT WERE THEY THINKING? Okay this is a guilty pleasure of mine, but... FUCK THIS SHOW MAN!!

Okay someone give me a bucket. I need to shit this shit down the shitter. This show is shit. Fuckboy and Cum Cum is the worst nickelodeon cartoon in history. Makes Johnny Test look like Dexter's Lab and The Problem Solverz look like Johnny Bravo. NEVER WATCH THIS SACK OF WHORESHIT.
  • Fanboy and Chum Chum?

More like Lameboy and Dumb Dumb. LOL :D
  • stupid show

this show is stupid, the only time i find it good is when I didn't get enough sleep and don't realize I'm watching a crap tv show.
  • How did this disaster get THREE SEASONS?!

I watched one episode and it didn't have ANY REALISM. It had all style and no substance. I cannot even describe this...
  • It's terrible indeed!

The most terrible 3D cartoon that ever made, Fanboy & Chum Chum recieves the title. Bad at anything.

Plot: Bad. It's like it came from a tard that has a plastic toy for brains. It's about kids who needs 24/7 disciplinary and military training. No plot! Nada. Nothing you can find in this saturated pile of crap.

Characters: Terrible! They can't even produce a good name! Ex. Boog, Poopatine, Oz, and the others are named as baby words. *sigh*.

Humor: Humor of an 3rd yr old, my 1 yr old brother can do better! (who is now 3 in next month, but still can do better than this)

Animation & Art: Using the power of dimension from Jimmy Neutron, they mixed it up with an terrible theme of animation and humor, TERRIBLE!

Episodes: Huh. Couldn't last even one minute, if it weren't for the atrocity that is present in this abomination. Also, the theme song is annoying!

Total Score: 0.1

It's bad in all sides, as I said, it must have been coming from a person with that has a foreign object for brains.
  • NO! WHY

Oh my God! This show is Horrible! Its has really unfunny disgusting fart humor and the People in this Show looks Terrible! Oh my God! Good News: Its CANCELED!
  • WORST SHOW EVER!!!

I have never seen anything so terrible. The main characters are annoying and the town they're in is run by idiots. Kyle has to be the only good character on the show because he HATES fan-boy and chum-chum. I dislike this show a lot

final score -1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000/10
  • This show was so horrible that it makes Sesame Street seem like a wonderful show!

Yep....

Another piece of garbage television show at it's best....

SMH......
  • Where did this show come from?

I'm not sure what I expected from a show that literally came out of the blue. There's something to be said about a pleasant surprise, but there's also something to be said about "Why the hell was this made?".

Overall, the plot makes little sense. The characters just seem like the designers took a few words out of a hat, and had to make a cast of characters based on those words. That's not to say that a bit of obscurity is bad, but it has to be executed well. The humor is either rare, forced, or expected, and the animation--all be it colorful and cartoony--seems uninspired and sometimes just lazy. There isn't much to say about it, because it's literally about nothing.

In a show called Fanboy & Chum Chum, I have high doubts that this series will gain many fans or chums.
  • Did I hear someone say they LIKED this show?

Anyone that likes this show, please change your minds. This is the worst animated show I've seen in a while. Not only because of the ugly animation, but because it is more mind boggingly annoying than Spongebob, which is 95% of him crying over small things. Most of the people's names are not even human and they just sound very weird. Yo? Yo Yo? Yo Yo Snoop Dogg? SNOOP LION IS IN THE HOUSE!

I'm sorry, no. Boog? BOOGERS! EWWWWWWWW! Chum Chum. Sounds like something you can get at the Chum Bucket. Fanboy. I don't know what to say about that one. FUCK THIS SHOW!
  • Horrible. Why did this show exist? I am SO happy it's gone.

This show was a big plunk for Nickelodeon. I mean, who in hell would want to see THIS?! This HORRIBLE abomination was one big plunge for Nickelodeon. And now today, the only good show still running is Sanjay and Craig.

In fact, let's do a timeline of nick.

1991 - 1995 = Many good shows, the only failures were Doug and Ren And Stimpy.

1996 - 2000 = Hey Arnold, Angry Beavers, and CatDog premiere, and HA was decent, but Angry Beavers and CatDog were bad. However Nick was still as good as before. SpongeBob premiered too, and it was honestly pretty good.

2001 - 2005 = SpongeBob loses some quality as the second season airs, and Hey Arnold continues to run on the second half it's show. I was relieved that Angry Beavers ended in 2001, and CatDog ended in 2002. SpongeBob's third season also aired around here, but still didn't have it's Season 1 glory.

2006 - 2010 = SpongeBob died in 2008, and many rotten shows took place here. In 2009, Nickelodeon died itself because of FB&CC (the show I'm now reviewing).

2011 - present = Nickelodeon becomes the worst channel of all time. Welcome to Hell.

So stay away and I mean FAR away from Fanboy and Chum HUM. It gets a 0 out of 10. Dumb plots, no laughs, bad animation. This caused the death of Nickelodeon. Off to review Fish Hooks.
  • Not one of Nickelodeons best

5.5
    Fanboy and Chum Chum is a cheesy slapstick comedy that is technically a horrible show but is better tan some of the garbage cartoon on TV now a days.
  • It is cancelled.

I can't add much more to the complaints about this show than what we already know. It was a terrible idea, and a waste of animation. Yet it seems like Nick has not learned its lesson since we now have Sanjay and Craig.
  • ***boy and Cum Cum

Let me just say that this show makes me want to shoot myself in the head 100 times. I'm not exaggerating. It's that bad. Every joke on the show is toilet-humor based. For example, the janitor's last name is Seriously? Who writes the scripts? 5 year olds? Also, Fanboy and Chum Chum are annoying ***s who spend all their time annoying the people around them. Actually, every fucking character on this show is unlikeable, except for Kyle. The reason Kyle's likeable is the same reason Squidward is now likeable on Spongebob: you feel bad for him. Under the same circumstances as him, who wouldn't do what he does? Anyway, don't watch this pile of shit. Instead, pray to God that it gets cancelled, because although people say it's cancelled, this page still says "In