Fantasy Island Forums

ABC (ended 1984)

What's your favorite episode

tvshowfan

[1]Mar 20, 2006
    • level: 1
    The Case Against Mr Rourke/Save Sherlock Holmes
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

AprilFox

[2]Apr 25, 2006
    • level: 109
    Just watched THE CURSE OF THE MOREAUS / MY MAN FRIDAY it was good, my favorite would be CORNELIUS AND ALPHONSE / THE CHOICE, one was very funny and the other touching.

Raiders1637

[4]May 25, 2006
    • level: 4
    I can't remember what the name of the episode is & I haven't seen it probably since it was originally aired. There was an episode where a client wanted to go back in time to see if he could catch Jack The Ripper. I can't remember all of the details, but I believe he would go through a door to go back to that time. He then either got scared or it was his time to come back though the door to return to current time, but Jack The Ripper followed him through the door & was now on Fantasy Island. That was always the episode that stuck in my mind. We have a station here in Chicago called "Me TV" that has picked up this show, but I'm yet to catch this episode.

Prdmomof3

[5]May 10, 2007
    • level: 10
    I think it was fantasy island ...but it was an episode where bob denver was a guest star and a manquin came to life..i cant remember the whole episode but that part has always stuck in my mind...i was so young lmao

Mad_Buck

[6]Oct 11, 2007
    • level: 79
    The one with country singer Mickey Gilley in his early days before he became a star.

AprilFox

[7]Jan 5, 2008

Raiders1637 wrote:
    I can't remember what the name of the episode is & I haven't seen it probably since it was originally aired. There was an episode whereaclient wanted to go back in time to see if he could catch Jack The Ripper. I can't remember all of the details, but I believe he would go through a door to go back to that time. He then either got scared or it was his time to come back though the door to return to current time, but Jack The Ripper followed himthrough the door & was now on Fantasy Island. That was always the episode that stuck in my mind. We have a station here in Chicago called "Me TV" that has picked up this show, but I'm yet to catch this episode.

With Affection, Jack the Ripper, that was the name of the episode and you are right, it was a frightening episode. Lynda Day George played the criminologist researching the case. This episode was truly creepy. (In a good way of course .)

AprilFox

[8]Jan 5, 2008

Prdmomof3 wrote:
    I think it was fantasy island ...but it was an episode where bob denver was a guest star and a manquin came to life..i cant remember the whole episode but that part has always stuck in my mind...i was so young lmao

That episode was called House of Dolls. And it was before the movie Mannequin (1987), maybe they got the idea from this epiosde, if you have ever seen the movie you'd see the likeness to the episode.

AprilFox

[9]Jan 5, 2008

Mad_Buck wrote:
    The one with country singer Mickey Gilley in his early days before he became a star.

There were two episodes with Mickey Gilley one titled Everybody Goes to Gilley's and the other Goin' Home.

Tattoo

Edited on 01/05/2008 10:40am

revbucky

[10]Jul 14, 2008
    • level: 22
    I always enjoyed the first episode of the series. The characters are a little ackward and haven't fully developed yet, but it's a great episode.