A Fargo Community
Monday 10:00 PM on FX
Next week is the conclusion of Fargo's fantastic first season and I've got a mixed bag of emotions going into the 90 minute feast that awaits us. I'm already a jumbled up ball of feelings from after watching "A Fox, a Rabbit and a Cabbage" that I think I may need to seek therapy after next week. I've read a couple of articles in where Noah Hawley (Executive Producer) has given a one word description of next weeks "Morton's Fork". He says, "Bloody". This word excites, thrills and scares me all at the same time. Heck I'm almost giddy for the prospect of a carnage filled final chapter in what has been a one hell of a story. I am impatiently waiting to grab onto "Morton's Fork" and devour that episode. However first we were to treated to the appetizer of "A Fox, a Rabbit and a Cabbage" which was oddly delightful and left room in my tummy for some questions and discussion!

Thoughts and Questions for your Comments
Lester! ARGH! I truly don't know how to feel anymore about him. I liked the fact that he told Lorne "Yes". He wanted to show Lorne what he has become. I think if I had made a huge transformation such as Lester's I would have wanted to show myself to the responsible party as well. I didn't like how he hit Lorne over the head with his trophy and ran away. When Lorne asked him, "Is this want you really want?" I think it was more of an invitation to learn more. I'm sure Lorne can dispose of 4 bodies (if he shot Lester too) on his own. He didn't need Lester's help and I don't think he was going to kill him at all. Once Lester hit him on the head that allowed Lorne to become a predator to hunt his prey. I was totally on board with Plan Acapulco (I was envisioning Mai Tai's or whatever you drink there) and then he fed his devoted wife to the Wolf! I hated Lester for that! I thought it was cowardly but I've had time to think and well I STILL don't know! I want to stay mad but I can't because I think in some sick twisted way it was kind of smart.

-Would you have helped Lorne dispose of the bodies?
-Should Lester have been open with Linda and told her what happened?
-Was Lester a coward for sending Linda in or smart?
-Do you think Lester deserves death or a fate worse than death? Or for some reason a free pass?

Lorne's dentist (Mick Mike) was absolutely "ACES"! Sure if you were his friend his little catchphrase may get on your nerves but I thought it was hilarious! I was truly thinking this guy isn't Malvo but then I was proved wrong once we heard him listening to his tapes. When Lester approached him in Vegas I did think "walk away" which Malvo did warn but once Lester ignore that piece of advice it was "game on". As I stated above I think once Lester wouldn't take no for an answer Lorne was inviting him to play and learn more. When Lorne shot his "friends" he cared little about his bounty or the time spent involved. Almost like Stavros. As soon as he was threatened he dropped that fast as well and went to handle other business. If he was threatened by Lester he would have shot him as well. Now that Lester has pissed him off there is no stopping him.

-Who do you like better? Frank Peterson or Mick Mike?
-Have you already started using "ACES" in your vocabulary?
-Did you love Lorne's ghost story to the kids?
-When Lorne shot Linda, what do you think his thoughts were? A little proud of Lester? More pissed at Lester? Both?

Finally Molly got the recognition she deserves! I know there aren't a lot of Molly fans out there but she is smart and deserves to be acknowledge for that. I'm glad Bill really didn't know how to react to Budge and Pepper's remarks. I know they aren't the smartest FBI agents (THEY BOTH LET LORNE WALK AWAY UNNOTICED AGAIN!!!!!) but at least they are smart enough to know that they screwed up and need to be actively involved in fixing it. As for letting Lorne slide by....either Lorne is that good or these guys are so oblivious that they are making the FBI Agents on The Following look competent. During this entire episode I had an uneasy feeling looming over my head someone was going to be in Lorne's way and be disposed with. Luckily it was only Linda for now.

-How will Gus and Lou (Molly's Dad) figure into the finale?
-Did you feel relief when Lou survived a Lorne encounter?
-Would you like to see Wrench show back up and try to get revenge?
-Someone mentioned the bear trap....I think Bill is leading in that little poll. Who do you want to see get caught in it?
-Everyone seems unsafe, who will survive?

And finally....
When the scene goes black after the season finale....pick one word to describe how you may possible feel. Now reverse it because if there is anything Fargo has proved this season is how wonderfully unexpected it can be.

"ACES" ;)

Comments (19)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Has it been picked up for next year?
Flag
I don't know yet. I have read that if there is a season 2 it will probably be a different cast.
Flag
Even as much as I like Thornton and his portrayal of Malvo. I would like him to be caught but I rather not see him die. I could imagine him dispensing words of advice and torturing his cell mates at the same time. Infact, I would not mind watching a show about him in Jail. I think it would be better than OITNB. Ha !

I do think Thornton's stars are going to rise because of this and he will be back to doing movies again.I for one would certainly look out for his movies.

I am not a big fan of Lester from the beginning though Martin Freeman played him perfectly. I would want him to be caught and I would loved it if Molly did.

I hope Gus do not go be a hero and die in the finale. He and Molly just make such a cute couple and they have a daughter. It would be really sad.

I too wanted this to be one of my favorite of all time. I loved the pilot and this penultimate episode. It is still one of my favorite of the year but some episodes were average at best. For it to be my all time favorite, all the episodes have to be really good (e.g The Good Wife and Breaking Bad).
More+
Flag
A series with Lorne in jail?! Yes please! That would be hilarious!!!!!! I've never been a huge BBT or MF fan but these characters have totally made me one! I will look forward to what is next for Thorton and Freeman. Both have done beyond exceptional performances.
I also love Molly and Gus. I hope they both survive.
Well you're gonna be surprised because I haven't seen GoodWife and I plan to start Breaking Bad next week.
Flag
I'd like to see Lorne hired by the NSA as an assassin along the lines of the blacklist theme but where he goes out and kills people who expose gubmint secrets like Snowden or who criticize Obama, If Obama can kill Americans with no due process with drones why can't he kill em with hired assassins? The answer is he CAN ! maybe such a show would make the people WAKE UP to the dangers we face, Not from Al Queda but from our own Government !!!
Flag
I've been reading a book about Mason and think it would be a good idea for him and Malvo to be cellies. The mind games would be abundant and powerful.
Flag
Errgggh! Manson, not Mason (stupid site with no stupid edit button. *continues muttering and wanders off*)
Flag
I'm going to feel SAD. Because it'll be over :( A couple of weeks ago I was wondering whether this'll be my favourite series of the year, and now not only do I know that it is, but that it'll go down as one of my favourites of all time! And all this is in lieu of what may or may not happen in the finale.
Flag
me too :( :( :(
Flag
I feel the same! It's ranking high up there in " favorite of all time" list for me. Great story, performances, production....everything! It's truly a work of art!
Flag
It's good but a bit "dark" which puts my wife off it a bit. She told me to read ahead and if Molly or her husband are killed she won't watch.
Flag
How will Gus and Lou (Molly's Dad) figure into the finale?
If Gus's intense staring at Molly's whiteboard was anything to go by, he might try and go off on his own and play the hero. Unfortunately we've all seen how that works out in the past when he shot Molly. I'm unsure how Lou may fit into things (if at all?)

Did you feel relief when Lou survived a Lorne encounter?
I did. But Lorne holds grudges. I don't think Lou would want to encounter Lorne again. Maybe I'm macabre, but a part of me did want Molly to find her Dad's bloody corpse on the diner floor as well though.

Would you like to see Wrench show back up and try to get revenge?
Yes. And I want to see Stavros. And Gina Hess. And her boys. Heck, I want Fargo to go on forever...

Someone mentioned the bear trap....I think Bill is leading in that little poll. Who do you want to see get caught in it?
It's not really something I'd want to wish upon anyone (even a fictional character), but Bill does seem like a likely guess. It would be too painful if one of out good guys in Molly or Gus stepped on in, and very underwhelming if Lorne did. I suppose it would be ironic if Lester did, but again, a boring end for his character.

Everyone seems unsafe, who will survive?
Is it bad that I want Molly to die? (sans her baby of course, hopefully it'll be born). And like I said, maybe Lester or Lorne, definitely not both. I'm hoping for some random and inconsequential deaths though, much like Linda's in this week's episode. Maybe Bill, Lou, Budge or Pepper?
More+
Flag
The possibilities are endless!!!!! I thought of Molly too but then she is with baby. So I think she will probably be safe but Gus not. It's almost come full circle when you think about it. Verne dying and then his wife having the baby without him. I think almost everyone will have some sort of wound. Severe, fatal or mild. No one escapes without one.
Flag
Who do you like better? Frank Peterson or Mick Mike?
Mick Mike. I'd watch a series about that cheery, smooth-talking dentist any day.

Have you already started using "ACES" in your vocabulary?
Most definitely.

Did you love Lorne's ghost story to the kids?
Loved it! I loved it even more when one of them can be heard saying as they go back inside, 'I don't like that man.'

When Lorne shot Linda, what do you think his thoughts were? A little proud of Lester? More pissed at Lester? Both?
Lorne's a calm and collected man. He probably cocked his head to the side in thought for a second, and then moved on. He doesn't seem to get pissed (from what we've seen), he only focuses on the task as hand and what he needs to get done.
Flag
I think a spinoff may be in order! Titled "Aces"! :)
Flag
Would you have helped Lorne dispose of the bodies?
No, but then again, I probably wouldn't have tried to approach Lorne again after he told Lester to 'walk away' at the table.

Should Lester have been open with Linda and told her what happened?
It's easy to see why he wasn't, but despite him not telling her, she seemed quite aware of Lester's lies (particularly when Molly was interviewing them), and she was obviously willing to help Lester no matter what. Unfortunately her loyalty resulted in her death.

Was Lester a coward for sending Linda in or smart?
I think I've come to realise that Lester doesn't hold a high regard for personal relationships, he's apathetic to them. He murdered his first wife, framed his brother for it (ruining a marriage and Gordo's childhood in the process), and lead Linda, his second wife, to her death. Looking at it from an external perspective I can see how someone would call Lester cowardly, but I think for him personally, it was a smart move. He needed a logical way to decipher whether Lorne was on to him, and this seemed like the best idea to him.

Do you think Lester deserves death or a fate worse than death? Or for some reason a free pass?
Don't get me wrong, I don't like Lester, but 'a fate worse than death' would be too cliché for my taste. Like I've said before, I have faith that the writers will conclude the series well, but I really would like to see either Lester or Lorne meet their ends at the hands of the other. But then I remember Molly and Gus and wonder how they'll fit into it! The anticipation is killing me.
More+
Flag
It's killing me too! I think that the more popular choice for a showdown is Lester vs. Lorne but with ALL the other people involved it will be interesting to see how they factor into one another. Who will cross who's path and so on. As for Lester's choice I think you are correct, it was the smart move in his head.
Flag
Mmmm, not sure about this. Whole thing felt a bit contrived and forced, I'll still watch the last one though...
Flag
Follow this Show
Members