A Fargo Community
Monday 10:00 PM on FX (Returning 2017)

We've been seeing all sorts of funny, awesome teasers for FX's Fargo for a while, but now the network has finally released a full trailer for its darkly comedic TV adaptation of the Coen Brothers' 1996 film of the same name. Starring Billy Bob Thornton and Sherlock's Martin Freeman, and with a supporting cast includes Glenn Howerton, Bob Odenkirk, Colin Hanks, Oliver Platt, Kate WalshAdam Goldberg, and more, the series premieres Tuesday, April 15 at 10pm.

Made with the Coens' blessing (they're also producers on the series), Fargo is a closed-ended true-crime story with a limited run of 10 episodes, but it has the potential to continue on in an anthology format, similar to that of  American Horror Story or True Detective. If I thought Matthew McConaughey could pull off the accent, I'd suggest him for Season 2. 

What do you think? Will you watch Fargo?

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 12/14/2015

Season 2 : Episode 10

24 Comments
Comments (24)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
hmmmm, could be good
Flag
Looks great!
Flag
I did wonder what happened to some of the cops on Alaska State Troopers, now I realise they were hired as vocal coaches for this.
Flag
Urgh, those accents.
Flag
Fargo is NOT a true story. The text in the film is part of the script to give strength to a story that isn't all that interesting. I'll probably watch the series because of the amazing cast, but they better have expanded on the story to make me watch a 10 hour version of Fargo.
Flag
Honestly, I forgot about that text as soon as the movie started. I loved it.
Flag
The movie—I know very little about the television show or its degree of fidelity to the movie, if it's even the same story—was a fictional elaboration of events that happened in 1986-87. A Connecticut woman disappeared under strange circumstances, there was a bloody rug that disappeared and was found in a landfill, and police finally discovered a few years later that her husband fed her body through the wood-chipper.

It also seems that elements of the bungled kidnapping scheme bear a lot of similarities to two other Minnesota cases from the 60s and 70s, both of which got a lot of press at the time. The story isn't "real" but it's more or less synthesized out of several different cases.
Flag
WAIT. WHAT. IT'S NOT A TRUE STORY?
Flag
Crazy right, but according to Ethan Coen "the script pretends to be true".
Flag
A definite draw to this. It has some great character actors, so let's hope it has some great writing to match. It's got to have the quirk factor set to 11, simple as.
Flag
A "true-crime story"?

I think someone doesn't really understand Fargo...
Flag
Martin Freeman with an "American" accent. That needs some getting used to.
Flag
This just made me SO HAPPY! I have zero idea about the plot, and I just don't care.
Flag
Loved the original Movie and this adaptation has a great cast, so yes, I will check it out!
Flag
Oh wow this looks soooooo good! Is it just me or are we living in a golden age? I keep saying it and it's true.
Flag
This is great. As a Minnesotan, the accents crack me up. They're just so intense but I actually have an Aunt that sounds like that, so it just makes all of them together that much funnier. And I love Martin Freeman. He can't really do anything wrong.
Flag
So so happy from what I just watched. *hits replay*
Flag
Yes. Just a simple yes.
Flag
Follow this Show
Members