A Fargo Community
Monday 10:00 PM on FX (Returning 2017)

POSSIBLY QUESTIONABLE CREATIVE DECISION, BITCH!

... I would take this with a grain of salt, because nothing is official yet, but word on the Albuquerque street is that Aaron Paul is in talks to reprise the role of Jesse Pinkman in a recurring capacity on Better Call Saul, the Saul Goodman-centric Breaking Bad prequel that's scheduled to premiere this November on AMC. I will never say no to more Jesse Pinkman, but how exactly is Paul going to pull off a young Jesse? Plus, remember how Jesse dressed in Season 1? Oh, the horror. [E! Online]

thekaitling:list:how-do-you-feel-about-jesse-on-better-call-saul/

BUSINESS TIME

... Who's ready for Fargo? Are you ready for Fargo? I'm ready for Fargo. FX just released this new teaser for the series, which premieres Tuesday, April 15 at 10pm. 

... VH1 has canceled Single Ladies, which ran for three seasons and was the network's first hour-long scripted series. More like Dumped Ladies, am I right? [THR]

... USA has announced a premiere date for its new comedy Playing House, about a pregnant lady named Maggie  (Lennon Parham) who's going through a divorce, and her best friend Emma, who moves in to help raise the baby. The series will premiere with two back-to-back episodes on Thursday, April 29 at 9pm. [NBC via press release]

CASTING NEWS

... Dylan McDermott—not Dermot Mulroney or Dylan McDilbert of Dermot McDermy, I'm talking about the guy who recently starred in CBS's Hostages—is staying at the Eye and has joined the cast of it untitled drama pilot from Kevin Williamson (always Dawson's Creek and never The Following). McDermott will play Detective Jack Larsen in the psychological thriller about detectives who investigate stalking incidents for the LAPD's "Threat Assessment Unit" Um. Do you think this is based on a real thing? I... gotta go. [EW]

... Riley Smith of the Disney Channel movie Motocrossed and also 90210 has joined the cast of True Blood for its seventh and final season. He'll play Keith, a "sexy, rock n'roll vampire" who takes an instant liking to Arlene. [Deadline]

... Soleil Moon Frye (Punky Brewster, Sabrina, the Teenage Witch) will guest-star in the Season 2 premiere of ABC's Mistresses. She'll play a potential client of Joss’s (Jes Macallan) new party-planning business. [EW]

... Max Brown (Beauty and the Beastwill join John Rhys-Davis in the cast of Fox's Hieroglyph, an action-adventure drama set in ancient Egypt. Brown will play the lead role of Ambrose, a thief who was recently released from prison and now serves the pharaoh (Reece Ritchie). [TV Line]

... Sarah Baker, who co-starred with Matthew Perry on Go On (she played Sonia the cat lady), is now joining the cast of the former Friend's Odd Couple remake pilot. She'll play Oscar's (Perry) assistant Sam, who often has to put out the fires Oscar sets. [Deadline]

WAIT, WHAT, OMG

... Guys, guys, guys. Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis are engaged. Like in real life. [People]

... Sarah Michelle Gellar (a.k.a. Sarah Michelle Prinze, as she has officially changed her name in order to remind all of us ladies who grew up in the '90s that she stole our perfect boyfriend and then married him) did a Reddit AMA yesterday. When asked which former Buffy boyfriend she preferred, the artist formerly known as the Chosen One chose Angel over Spike. In related news: SMG/P is dead to me. [Reddit]

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 12/14/2015

Season 2 : Episode 10

78 Comments
Comments (78)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
I wish they would have just simply let Saul get away scott free at the end of BB instead of disappearing and "managing a Cinnabun in Omaha". I get that it was probably viewed as implausible but then again Skyler and Jesse's endings were pretty damn implausible. Real implausible. Even Vince himself admitted it. And the spinoff would be much better if set up as taking place after BB, Vince made a mistake.

I just wish they would take Saul out of that environment to somewhere completely new, i don't know maybe Phoenix, whatever, and possibly known for litigation. How about Saul in DC? Amongst all the phonies. Satirizing politics and law? I feel like there are ideas to be pursued.
Flag
I love the idea of a law show about Saul Goodman but man the show seems like it's starting to become BB part 2. To me, that's not a good sign. Tells me he's having problems coming up with things. Let the show prove itself and then you can maybe make a cameo here and there. Don't rely on the former show like a crutch.
Flag
Vince and Peter just recently said that they aren't keen on sticking to the prequel-only agenda. So he might get a storyline that actually deals with his future. Wouldn't like this either, to be honest. Gnarr.. Why the hell do people need to do prequels anyway?
Flag
I think Vince felt like he had to have it be a prequel because he found it implausible for Saul to escape the blue meth situation unscathed and practice law in a different town. I think it would be easier and less messy to set it after, so I had always hoped he would make it out unscathed and practice law in Phoenix/wherever. A prequel in this situation is tricky, Odenkirk's not getting any younger.
Flag
Totally agree.

And I recently read that Aaron Paul said the following..

“Anything Vince is involved with, I’m there. I owe him my entire career. And the idea of jumping into the skin of Jesse Pinkman again in his lighter days — because it’s all a prequel — it would be fun.”

So it'll be a prequel-story for him too. I'm not a fan of this. His character has grown a lot since then. He can't just go back and play that kind of goofy loser. It'll look pretty weird considering that he kind of started as somesort of stereotype.
Flag
Yeah agreed and I'm not even completely sure how this appearance can be allowed continuity wise. Just barely I think. If Walt makes an appearance I'm going to throw a fit because I know for sure that can't happen.
Flag
I bet Fargo is going to be awesome. Martin Freeman is brilliant in everything.
Flag
Kaitlin/Catwoman or what ever, it's 'smarter' to spell check your own text when attempting to play on words for effect.
Flag
Fargo looks really good save for the poor choice in Billy Bob Thornton. Speaking of people that can't act, How in the world does Dylan McDermott keep getting jobs?
Flag
I got completely sidetracked by that Sarah Michelle AMA, what were we talking about again? :P
Ah, nostalgia...
Flag
Aaron Paul should just move on to a movie career. I saw a poster of his new movie, cannot quite remember the name though. When I saw the Dylan Mcdermott photo, I almost thought Hostage is renewed. Ha !
Flag
Let me guess every episode right up front. "White, upper-class, middle-aged man stalks frightened, white, upper-class woman." NEXT.
Flag
Sadly, I know that the LAPD doesn't have a unit dealing with stalkers, 2 of my family members have been stalked and the LAPD response has been underwhelming because there really isn't all that much they can do from a legal standpoint.

Wait, so this Odd Couple remake has Matthew Perry's Oscar a pyromaniac? That just got interesting! ... oh, you mean proverbially. Oscar is a mid-level sports writer, what proverbial fires can he set? Seems like they're trying to rebuild Go On and Mr. Sunshine under the guise of The Odd Couple.
Flag
From what I understand, the LAPD do have a threat management unit. Is it that they need to have actual, or credible, evidence to act upon? Or that the threats be serious enough in some way? I was reading an article about Good Luck Charlie's young actress Mia Talerio being threatened online by some sicko and they seem to be taking that one seriously.
Flag
The TMU is only for threat assessment and management regarding celebrities and politicians, not real people: http://www.lapdonline.org/detective_bureau/content_basic_view/5170
Flag
Yeah, I vaguely remember that being the case, as I've heard of the unit before. Although it makes sense, being that celebrities are more exposed to nutcases from all over, it shouldn't discriminate against ordinary folks in danger from the personal weirdos in their lives.
Flag
*SHOCKED* Are you suggesting celeb's aren't 'real people'? WHA!
Flag
Correction: Talerico with a "c".
Flag
Any addition of Pinkman in Saul's spinoff would make me even less interested to watch it than I already am.
Flag
It's totally reasonable Jesse would have run ins with Saul pre Breaking Bad, but I can't buy that Saul and Jesse would be well acquainted. There's no way they would have a relarionship of sorts. It will be interesting to see what they do with it.
Flag
So, now Aaron Paul will play someone basically 6 to 8, maybe 10 years younger. Not impossible, as actors are known to to do this kind of thing, but all the character growth he had, everything he learned, all the growing pains, forget that. I hate it when that happens, as I like to see characters evolve, not devolve. Still, it would be interesting, for a while to revisit old Jesse and see what he used to be like.
Flag
What's a Reddit AMA?
Flag
Ask Me Anything
Flag
Ok, what's a Reddit AMA? HIYO!
Flag
  • Hiyo was a Hiyo-class aircraft carrier of the Imperial Japanese Navy. Begun as an ocean liner in 1939, she was purchased by the Navy Ministry in 1941 for conversion to an aircraft carrier. Completed shortly after the Battle of Midway in June 1942, she participated in the Guadalcanal Campaign in October and missed the Battle of the Santa Cruz Islands later that month because of an electrical generator fire. Her aircraft were disembarked several times and used from land bases in a number of battles in the South West Pacific. Hiyō was torpedoed in mid-1943 and spent three months under repair. She spent most of the next six months training and ferrying aircraft before returning to combat. She was sunk by a gasoline vapor explosion caused by an American torpedo hit during the Battle of the Philippine Sea in mid-1944.
Flag
This comment has been removed.
Flag
I love me some Aaron Paul and Jesse Pinkman, but I'm not too thrilled about a potential recurring character, mainly because it'll likely feel a bit too forced. From what I remember, Jesse had never actually met Saul before the start of Breaking Bad. I guess maybe one of Saul's main clients could be friends with Jesse, and we'll see him that way, which might be okay. Meh, I have faith in Vince Gilligan so I should just roll with whatever they choose, at least until I watch.
Flag
I read that Aaron Paul is in talks to star in Better Call Saul.
Flag
I've seen a couple other articles use the word "Star" in their headline but not as much throughout the actual articles. They're all citing the same initial article or quotes, but title it whichever way they want. I doubt it'll be a starring role.
Flag
I agree. Seems to me Aaron's not the type to be pigeon holed. I know he's grateful for the open doors that BB helped open for him, but it's time to move on from Jesse.
Flag
Oh dear, and I was just about looking forward to BCS, now that Mike's in it.
Flag
Thank god Sarah chose Angel, always wondered about that one!
Flag
Yeah, not sure why that goes under "WAIT WHAT OMG". Spike did try to rape Buffy people. It wasn't a healthy relationship...
Flag
and not to mention how it started and all the things prior to them even going slightly friendly. Their last moments together consisted of this:
Buffy - I love you!
Spike - No you don't, but thanks for saying it.

With Buffy and Angel it was eternal love, if nothing else "Remember me" is a good choice for some clear evidence!
Flag
I think that "Better Call Saul" is the best idea for a TV show since "After M*A*S*H".
Flag
I'm sorry but sarah michelle gellar/prinze is totally right as much as I love spike a girl never forgets her first love.
Flag
Kaitlin, stalking Dylan McDermott and a crush on Freddie Prinze Jr. Seek help, good help, serious professional help. --- That is all.
Flag
Staff
LOL
Flag
So Hostages is unofficially cancelled? Should that not have been noted?

I do not watch Beauty and the Beast, but Max Brown appears to have been in a number of episodes, Does that mean it, too, has been cancelled?
Flag
On Beauty and the beast...no. He was only in the first season.
Flag
While there's a chance BCS might be good, I'm not confident, especially considering AMC's recent record. However since it is happening I guess Jesse appearing is believable enough, though no doubt they'll retcon it to death.
Flag
How exactly would Jesse Pinkman be in a prequel centered around a character he had no relationship with until his dealings with Mr. White?
Flag
He would have his own storyline, but with really prominent Better Call Saul billboards in the background.
Flag
Wasn't Jesse the one who recommended Saul to Walt?
Flag
Yeah but I don't think they ever had dealings with each other directly. Jesse only knew of him because he had defended his cooking partner.
Flag
Uh, yea, I never liked Angel. WTF Buff?!

Also, I became OBSESSED with Riley after Motocrossed. I downloaded all of his awesome modeling pics.
Flag
Angel fans have a Bones to pick with you.
Flag
Haha, to clarify, I liked the show Angel but I never shipped him with the Buffster, I preferred him with Cordy.
Flag
I have zero investment in this, I just wanted to throw a terrible joke out there. I only watched 2 seasons of Buffy (I was a kid in a different country) and, being a total nerd, only read some of the books based on the Angel show. Tried revisiting Buffy but it feels like I'm too old to enjoy it now :/
Flag
I was around 37 when I watched it the second time. It was still awesome. Not the first two seasons though. Season 1 looked as cheap as I remembered it, and season 2 was a lot worse than I remembered it.
Flag
Well, my BFF is 27 and he just started a year ago. He loves it, but season one was a bit too much for him. Season two is where he got obsessed.
Flag
Follow this Show
Members