A Fargo Community
Tuesday 10:00 PM on FX
Discussion
Jun 12, 2014
Fargo: The End Is Neigh! Discussion
Next week is the conclusion of Fargo's fantastic first season and I've got a mixed bag of emotions going into the 90 minute feast that awaits us. I'm already a jumbled up ball of feelings from after watching "A Fox, a Rabbit and a Cabbage" that I think I may need to seek therapy after next week. I've read a couple of articles in where Noah Hawley (Executive Producer) has given a one word description of next weeks "Morton's Fork". He says, "Bloody". This word excites, thrills and scares me all at the same time. Heck I'm almost giddy for the prospect of a carnage filled final chapter in what has been a one hell of a story. I am impatiently waiting to grab onto "Morton's Fork" and devour that episode. However first we were to treated to the appetizer of "A Fox ...Read more
Discussion
May 30, 2014
Fargo: Only 3 Episodes Left?! You Betcha! Discussion/ Questionnaire

"Who Shaves The Barber" was another fabulous episode! From the comments over on Tim's Review it seems people enjoyed it more than "Buridan's Ass". I know I did. There was a lot going on in this episode, my mind was definitely taken on the roller coaster of emotions. Most of the episodes of Fargo do this to me, once an episode ends I usually sit and soak in all it had to offer then I try to process what it all meant. This site has not only amplified my experience with Fargo but has been a great source to help me with that process. I love all the discussion, reading everyone's comments and theorizing what will happen next. There is only 3 episodes left! Say what? Yes, it's sad but true. The end is in sight and I've got a ton going on this mind ...Read more
staff
General Show Discussion
Discuss the show: Fargo

Join in on the Fargo general show discussion.

Discussion
May 21, 2014
Fargo "Buridan's Ass" May I assk you a few polls?
Holy Uff da! Like I said in my comment of Tim's Fantastic Review I love it when a show can blow my mind. My head exploded when the scene went black and the credits rolled. Many thoughts and emotions were racing through my brain like a hamster on it's wheel, so many that I thought I'd do a Questionnaire to help us all process and go deeper into the snowstorm. Now that I think about it "Uff da" doesn't quite grasp it all!

**Also since I showed a little love on this community could you be so kind as to show yours by hitting that cute little blue heart button? Thanks! **

I highly enjoyed "Buridan's Ass". It is my favorite episode thus far since the premier. I
really thought the build up of the snow storm to what was happening with our characters was executed ...Read more
Discussion
May 14, 2014
Fargo "The Six Ungraspables" Winds of Change?
I just got back from a trip to Minneapolis and had a interesting conversation with a friend who lives there. He said that Minnesotans have a different way of life, he called it "Minnesota Nice" and because of this the people there can be difficult to read. He stated they often don't say what they really mean, by being overly polite and are in fear of stepping on toes. Like they don't want to upset the balance. He also told me that he of course doesn't feel that everyone there is like this. This has just been part of his experience thus far (7 years) in the "Land of 10,000 Lakes". With that being heard, I feel like I've got a little insight on how the characters in Fargo have been portrayed.

Over the last four episodes Bill has gone out of his way to ...Read more
Discussion
May 07, 2014
Fargo "Eating the Blame" Let's Eat!

For crying out loud, what a fest that was! Tim did his 4 Episode Test review (which was spot on) but I'd thought I would break down this episode a little bit more because loads of fun stuff happened.

What a way to give a nod to the original work in the opening scene! We've got the answer as to where and how Starvos Milos got his money (from Steve Buscemi) and his commitment to God. It took a bit for me to realize that Lorne is using the plague's to put the fear of God in Milos. The crickets seriously creeped me out. My skin is still crawling!

It takes one twisted individual to enact that kind of plan and I'm not sure how much longer anyone could take that kind of torture. I'm almost rooting to see how Lorne will do boils. Almost ...Read more
Discussion
Apr 30, 2014
Fargo "A Muddy Road" Review

Awe jeeze, what another eventful week!

We begin in an office building with a very fidgety worker. He keeps nervously looking out his cubical and going back to his desk. Is he looking out to make sure he is in the clear so he can play Solitaire or is it something else? Yep, it's something else. Lorne shows up, grabs the guys by his tie and drags him out of the office. Not only out of the office but takes an elevator ride down to the parking garage, cuts his clothes off and throws him into the trunk. I started feeling sorry for the guy because of his plea's but in the end we find out he is our "naked fella" who froze to death in the woods and Molly is the lead on the case. His coworkers analyze the possibilities of why this happened to Molly, the ...Read more
Discussion
Apr 25, 2014
Fargo "The Rooster Prince" Review (Spoilers)

I've waiting a couple of days and have found that a review or a discussion hasn't been started yet so I thought I might try.

Boy oh boy. Even though this episode was not exciting as the first a lot happened!
We've got two new guys rolling into town (played by Adam Goldberg and Russell Harvard). Looks like they mean business. They go over to Hess' shop get details and go looking for the guy that off'ed Hess. They end up at the strip club where it happened and find a surly "I'm better than you" guy who matches the description of the culprit. TeamBusiness takes him back to Hess' shop and find out he is not the guy. No worries though Goldberg and Harvard just drill a hole in the iced over lake and dump Surly into it, still alive.

Lester is out of ...Read more
Follow this Show
Members
Episode 10 Season 1
Morton's Fork
Aired
Episode 9 Season 1
A Fox, a Rabbit and a Cabbage
Aired
Episode 8 Season 1
The Heap
Aired
Episode 7 Season 1
Who Shaves The Barber?
Aired
Episode 6 Season 1
Buridan's Ass
Aired
Lou Solverson
Peggy Blomquist
Ed Blomquist
Hank Larsson
Floyd Gerhardt

"THIS IS A TRUE STORY. The events depicted took place in Minnesota in 2006. At the request of the survivors, the names have been changed. Out of the respect for the dead, the rest has been told exactly as it occurred," the opening text claims. Or as creator Noah Hawley puts it "... we're saying it's a true story, which it isn't, but it's following a certain true story logic ...".

Season 1: Drifter Lorne Malvo is a rootless and scheming man who shows up in small-town Minnesota where he manipulates the people with cruelty and violence. Upon meeting insurance salesman, Lester Nygaard, Malvo sets him on a path to ruin.

This 10-episode limited television series is an adaptation of the classic Academy Award winning feature film of the same title by Joel and Ethan Coen. Fargo is written by Noah Hawley and Executive Produced by Joel & Ethan Coen, Warren Littlefield, and Geyer Kosinski. Fargo is produced by FX Productions and MGM Television.

Season 2: The second installment of Fargo is set in 1979 and follows Detective Lou Solverson as he investigates a case involving a Mob syndicate and a local crime gang.

moreless