We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Farmer Wants a Wife Forums

The CW (ended 2008)

It seems trash but in Holland the show was great

Metsadah

[1]May 23, 2007
    • level: 1

We had this show running for 2 years in Holland, it was the only semi-reality show that I liked. Didnt watch every episode, but it was nice television. I dont know how they are going to make this in America, but the whole farmer thing can be kinda funny.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Geertvdheide

[2]Apr 10, 2008
    • level: 10

Thats's true, in Holland the show was better than most other reality shows. It's slightly less judgmental, less fake and not as retarded as for example Big Brother. But by adapting the show to an American audience, it might fall into the same pittfalls as most reality shows do.

Edited on 04/10/2008 3:40am

Missy810

[3]Apr 23, 2008

Wow, I just saw the previews. It's a shame that it's come to these types of reality shows. But I have to admit one thing, it is very hard to find a good "MAN" out there. I am single and still looking for that special someone. But will it come to where the only place you meet that special someone is a reality show? I feel like it's all fake. You should be yourself and not feel like you are in competition for that special someone.

Dougo13

[4]Apr 30, 2008
    • level: 8

If you're from a farming community (like I am) what does this show have to offer? Views of the farm? Got that. Views of ducks out of water (ie. the women). Seen that. Views of nature? Got that (looking out the window now at the trees and the creek running through the back yard). Might go over in a place that doesn't have these things (ie. The Big City), but nothing here for me....

Rickmeister1986

[5]May 6, 2008
    • level: 3
    Dougo13 wrote:

If you're from a farming community (like I am) what does this show have to offer? Views of the farm? Got that. Views of ducks out of water (ie. the women). Seen that. Views of nature? Got that (looking out the window now at the trees and the creek running through the back yard). Might go over in a place that doesn't have these things (ie. The Big City), but nothing here for me....

Lol, this is the most self-centered reply i've ever read here (I don't read much of these forums, though). Luckily for us the world doesn't only exist out of you, and the most of us DON'T live on a farm.

But to get back on the subject, in The Netherlands this show was extreme popular. I've never watched the show though, i'm not the reality kinda person. I do think this format won't do as good as in Holland. There are huge differences.

angrodpallanen

[6]May 6, 2008
    • level: 22
    The big difference was that the Dutch version was real. It was looking for real love with real people. Farmer Wants Wife is like The Bachelor on the farm. It has a hunk as farmer and beautiful rich girls as contestants.
    In The Netherlands it was basically the best watched tv-show...ever. Besides sports and of course the Peter R. De Vries report, the Dutch version of this show was like the record breaker. That's why the CW bought it, but they turned it into this fake plastic cr*p show that shows nothing even remotely to what the show was in Holland....too bad. But then again, The CW doesn't deserve to have a hit like the Dutch version, because calculated into American numbers, the show hit about 80 million. Yeah, exactly, topping every broadcast of tv-shows. Damn CW, everything dies there.

Dougo13

[7]May 7, 2008
    • level: 8
    Rickmeister1986 wrote:
    Dougo13 wrote:

Lol, this is the most self-centered reply i've ever read here (I don't read much of these forums, though). Luckily for us the world doesn't only exist out of you, and the most of us DON'T live on a farm.
    Stick around sonny, you'll change your mind really quick...

If your nick is your birth year then I have a few years of living on you. I've been to the big city (New York, London, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Chicago, Las Vegas, Houston, Brussels, Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver, Atlanta and many others) which is why I eventually came home. There was nothing there for me. Hopefully when you reach my age you don't get disillusioned by a lot of what does go down in the big urban jungles of the world as I did....

Geertvdheide

[8]May 19, 2008
    • level: 10

By the way, lets not treat the Dutch version like it's the best thing ever either. It's better than the American version, and from a financial viewpoint it was very succesful, but it's still just reality tv. Which is what networks came up with to keep costs down and to compensate for the lack of actual writing talent in the tv business. It's a quick and risk-less way for networks to make some easy money.

No reality show in the world can come close to what television can be when really talented people are allowed to create something groundbreaking. Like for example Lost or Carniv√°le. Just my 2 cents.

latina_1111

[9]May 22, 2008
    Interesting the show was first on the European market first and we got the show 2years later. Like I thought it was done live, hahahaha. I grew up on a farm. I am in my early 30's and I can say from seeing the grandparents work it, those girls better be ready, but as young as they are I doubt. The black chick-Kanisha seems to stay away from the shenanigans of the others but not sure if the community would accept the only black person on the show.

Soofeos

[10]Jun 20, 2008
    • level: 11

We have this show in Sweden to but we have not one guy but like 4, it gets more interesting then just one. In the next season there will be a gay farmer to, I think it's cool!! And the show is a huge success here, personally I think it's s**t but maybe I'm just different!