A Farscape Community
Syfy (ended 2004)

Scorpius has Crichton stuffed and mounted in order to “soften his neurons". Meanwhile, Moya’s crew sees a recorded video he left before giving himself up to Scorpy.

Unfortunately, the natives are getting restless as they appear to be unable to pay the mercenaries for their services.

Weapons are drawn, and the Zenetan Pirate make a rash decision:

Aeryn laughs him off. Stark is offended as he just lost 10,000 of his people.

There are riches beyond belief in that Depository and to give up the chance to clean it out is just foolish. Instead of rescuing Jothee – they can just rescue Crichton and in the process rob the Shadow Depository for all it is worth. At that moment, Pilot picks up an approaching ship…

...It is Talyn!

Down on the surface, Scorpy is setting up Crichton’s brain. Not a very cool comment by Natira considering her location at the time.

Talyn is docked with Moya, providing nutrients to help raise Moya’s immune system and aid in the healing. Aeryn asks for Crais’ help, but he reminds her Talyn was not to be used for violence. When informed that Crichton has been with Scorpius for over 4 arns, Crais just recommends a bucket to scoop up his liquid remains.

Rygel makes certain everyone is paying attention…

…as Stark tries to explain the new plan.

It is not met with much approval.

Jothee is in D’Argo’s quarters and fumbling through his stuff when he finds the Qualta Blade. D’Argo explains it’s lineage, and how he still uses it to this day.

Jothee makes it quite clear he is happy to be free, finally. He says things to make sure D’Argo knows he is the reason he has lived his life on the run, but also wants to let him know he doesn’t hold a grudge. At the same time, he refuses to pitch in to rescue Crichton, purely out of fear.

Scorpy hotwires Crichton’s brain. He enters a memory of a place John’s dad took him to fish. Scorpy is able to talk to Harvey, verifying all the wormhole tech in Crichton’s brain is downloaded to the neural chip. Scorpy then sticks a metaphorical knife in his neck to paralyze him in his head, which disables him from any kind of escape in the waking world.

Aeryn knows the power Talyn can provide. She offers herself to Crais to convince him to help with the rescue.

As Crais perceives, Crichton must mean an awful lot to her.

Elsewhere, Stark's plan is brought into question.

D’Argo asks Pilot if Moya can perform a low level maneuver to provide a distraction. Big D has a new plan. Just then Aeryn walks in. The queation remains…will Crichton be too far gone to rescue. Aeryn gives a chilling response.

Crichton tries to sow the seeds of doubt in Frau Blucher’s mind, insisting that if she takes a peek into his head, Harvey will confirm Scorpius plans to kill her when all is said and done.

Thus far…she isn’t buying.

Outside the Depository, Rorf and Bekhesh have arrived.

Rorf is having trouble tracking Crichton, but is eventually able to discern his location. Unfortunately, he is also found by the Peacekeepers…

…and interrogated by Scorpius and Natira.

He loses an eye…and gives up the plan.

Scorpy calls troops to the generator room…

…while the Transport Pod begins it’s approach. And Moya prepares to provide a distraction.

As Natira begins to help herself to a blue eye, a sonic boom cries out.

The shuttle lands and the invasion begins.

Crichton tries again to get Natira to free him so they can all escape.

Aeryn, D’Argo, and Bekhesh begin the onslaught…

Bekhesh not feeling too spiritual as he insures the Pkers are dead.

And D’Argo is pulling out all the stops:

Unfortunately, Scorpy is already at the generator, and captures Zhaan, Stark and Teurac.

Although Teurac cannot produce flame, even after a nearly lethal dose of an accelerant, he decides on a more straight forward approach…

…and turns the gun on himself to blow the generator.In the process, the power goes and Aeryn and company can proceed with night vision, despite overwhelming odds.

Natira is beyond panic. Crichton implores her to have a chat with Harvey, so she can see that Scorpy is planning to dispose of her in short order.

She does just that and uses the tech to jump into Crichton’s brain.

The escape in ON!

Zhaan relays her location, Rygel redirects to pick her up. But the Zenetan Pirate has other plans as he communicates with Braca and deploys the Flax.

Betrayed!

Crichton, Rorf, and Natira are trying to escape but are intercepted by Scorpy – who is so strong in his head now, he can barely move.

But when Rorf is shot…

…he snaps out of it long enough to get cover…

…and tries to fight back.

The neural chip is just too powerful. But the Calvary arrives! And although Scorpy is going all “Gangsta”…

…our heroes duck out of the line of fire.

Talyn is back!

He destroys the Zenetan vessel and the Flax along with it, providing enough of a distraction for Chiana to turn the tables.

Nice shot to the crotch, Chi!

The gang is trying to make their escape, but Crichton is still out of his mind. Aeryn solves that problem. Crais radios and announces his presence. He is here to help.

Aeryn tells his to fire the whole of Talyn’s weaponry on the Depository. For once, Aeryn has the plan! She tells Rygel to pick up Stark and Zhaan. They move to lock themselves in a storage container and Talyn makes his run:

The gang is rescued and the riches are liberated. Bekhesh promises to makes certain the families of Rorf and Teurac receive the share they were promised.

Crais admits – I wasn’t HE who came back for them, but Talyn wanting to free Moya from the Flax. I think he is deflecting a bit.

It may have been Talyn that informed him of the situation, but he has a soft spot of Aeryn. Nonetheless, he is certain where her heart lies:

And we have the conundrum that faces us in the season finale.

- Edshrinker
47 Comments
Comments (47)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Apr 16, 2014
The Heroes of the Uncharted Territories! Sounds like a song needs to be written ;]
Flag
Apr 16, 2014
I get to play lead air guitar
Flag
Apr 15, 2014
This! This is the episode where the crew of Moya turns from a bunch of runaway ex-cons to the legendary outlaws of the Uncharted Territories. Their feat in blowing up and looting the Shadow Depository will be one of their most recognizable feats.
The whole crew grows emotionally as well as a fighting force, with Aeryn clearly having fallen for John so much so that even Crais sees it.
Jothee... I subscribe to the 'down with Jothee' crowd. For me throughout the series he basically just screws up, hates everyone and himself and does as much as possible to be a pain in the minvoks (or whatever they're spelled like).
And there we go, merrily off to the season finale that I had 4 years to chew on. Grrrrr
Flag
Apr 15, 2014
Still can't believe you thought that was all for so LONG!! Well - now you can experience it all as you were meant to. I'll have the finale up by Wednesday.

Jothee does redeem himself in The PK Wars miniseries.
Flag
Apr 15, 2014
I still consider that a 'close, but no cigar' kind of deal. I mean get why we SHOULD forgive him, and he was supposedly redeemed by the writers, but it just kinda fails to make up for three seasons of being a massive douche.
I mean of all the characters, he's basically the only one (apart from Sparky) that manages to hold on to his grudge for so long. All the others forgive/never forget the ones that wronged them (frell, even Sparky seems giddy that his cousin wants him back). But Jothee just HAD to make a dren of everything he touched.
Deep breath, deep breath.
I'll be waiting for the post about my least favorite episode in Farscape. (it would qualify for that title even without my false perception, if you sit down and really think about it.)
Flag
Apr 16, 2014
Leat favorite because of where it left you all those years? Certainly not because it wasn't an awesome ep!?! Good Lord - it is in my top 3 favorite season finales of all time!
Flag
Apr 16, 2014
Yeah... maybe... I just can't forget the feeling of despair at the end. Which of course means it's an awesome episode that does exactly what it's meant to do, but it still makes me rage inside.
So... yeah... objectively a good maybe even great episode... subjectively something the taste of which I can't wait to wash out.
Flag
Apr 14, 2014
Aeryn said Crais could ask anything and he (or rather Talyn) came back. I'm curious to see if there will be consequences for Aeryn.

Flag
Apr 14, 2014
Maybe.....................................................................................

Yes
Flag
Apr 14, 2014
You really don't know how not to spoil don't you :-)
Flag
Apr 14, 2014
Nope. I'm a Spoiler Whore.

Though - that doesn't really explain how it will happen. Even I wouldn't go there. Not on the 1st date.
Flag
Apr 14, 2014
Te emotional Aerton is developing further on Aeryns side. In the beginning we see an emotional face after Crichton said his goodbyes.

Flag
Apr 14, 2014
She is frelled. Now in love.
Flag
Apr 14, 2014
She had already been frelled in episode 16 of season one......
Flag
Apr 14, 2014
There was a lot of sexual innuendo in this episode again. Although I understand it is/was not possible to show more sex, the way it is done is often in a kind of sadistic innuendo way and I'm not sure it works for me.
Flag
Apr 14, 2014
It doesn't work for me either - but it damn sure works for Scorpy!
Flag
Apr 14, 2014
And things like this

Flag
Apr 14, 2014
It led to the best line in the ep, which I put in the recap.
Flag
Apr 14, 2014
Yep, you did!
Flag
Apr 14, 2014
Hey. New species. Aliens say the anal probe is mandatory.
Flag
Apr 14, 2014
@edshrinker, You must have loved the final 15 minutes. So much fighting, lasers, explosions, guns etc.

I am always so happy that opponents of protagonists always have done the written course 'Learning How To Shoot' as in almost no series they know how to aim and shoot with any precision. Even if they're with 50 and the protagonists with 3 and not able to see. To be honest, I would like the writers to take scenes like that more serious.
Flag
Apr 14, 2014
PKs were Stormtroopers in a galaxy far far away...
Flag
Apr 14, 2014
Didn't want to mention those losers ;-)
Flag
Apr 14, 2014
Empire must have recruited out in the Uncharted Territories. "Hey we'll give you useless white armor!"
Flag
Apr 14, 2014
It was a satisfying end to the trilogy. Family restored, two new members (Crais and Jothee) gained and only red shirts were killed. There is this thing that's keeping Crichton from being his sound self, But I'm certain it will be dealt with as they're probably still planning a miniseries with him in the cast :-)
Flag
Apr 14, 2014
LOL. Hope they are planning a movie too!
Flag
Apr 14, 2014
This was a largely satisfactory finish to this 3-parter. Though as usual I do have a bit of a problem with the neural clone story line as I continue to find it annoying. I know it is the foundation for the 3rd season and obviously Crichton is a very solid and strong character put up with Harvey's crap however if I were Crichton I might have off myself some time ago, but that would not make for a story. Again what this episode in particular does is cement the family dynamic including even Crais. Everyone almost understands there is a place worth belonging and that is Moya. So it is a win in largest part.
Though I have not forgotten the trauma that is Jothee.
Flag
Apr 14, 2014
if I were Crichton I might have off myself some time ago, but that would not make for a story. I had tot lol, as killing the main character in the second season would be a good one. You'll have to rewrite the series to have that fit.
Flag
Apr 14, 2014
It's really good to see, you buddy. We need to get this fixed and get you writing again! My PMs haven't been working for 5 days and I know the issue is on their end. The site needs better "tech" help.
Flag
Apr 14, 2014
PMs haven't been working for 5 days. I noticed :-)
Flag
Apr 14, 2014
Funny. I couldn't upload images AT ALL! Nothing worked. Firefox has been the most reliable.
Flag
Apr 14, 2014
I had/have the same problem with videos and pictures the last week. I had to do my UK Detectives one twice for that reason.... I think I;d better write a feedback post.
Flag
Apr 14, 2014
As we have suggested nothing to do with us! Firefox work great with everything else.
Flag
Apr 14, 2014
Aw. Are you lonely? ;-p
Flag
Apr 14, 2014
As always it's a question of money and priority. A lot of bugs do not affect the working of the site that much and therefore seem to have a lower priority (like being able to see only fifty communities in your list or having 'followers' and ' following reversed). Some of the individual ones have higher priority (probably because they're easier to fix. I had one fixed partially and the rest probably will follow after a big bug release.

I do am curious how much resources the site has available for incidents, problems and changes. If all these come out of the same resource pool it means that more incidents/problems will lead to less possibilities for change will lead to more incidents/problems etc. It's a spiral that often has to be interrupted.
Flag
Apr 14, 2014
As a good friend used to say "It don't cost nothin'". This is a free site for my entertainment... I am not going to pitch too much of a fit over PMs. It is incidents like Manoj's (and I went through it too) where you work 6 hours on a Recap and lose it all becuase of a glitch. Even though mine was due to IE - a bigger warning not to use it should have been out there.

All good questions, Rolamb. We know they have a shoestring budget.
Flag
Apr 14, 2014
I believe that better/more help pages would help the users. I've asked a few times (and even offered to help setting them up), but it will be part of the 'shoestring' issue.

I used to work with IE but alos jumped to Chrome when it became clear that IE is not the best browser to work with on this site. F.i. it didn't give me the opportunity to giev a caption with a picture.
Flag
Apr 14, 2014
The neural chip will not him to harm himself (or Scorpy). Early on he could have killed himself, but at the point it would have been bad enough to consider suicide, it was too much in control to allow him to do it.

I remember being so pissed at the new BSG series for essentially ripping off this plot point with Baltar's Six clone.
Flag
Apr 14, 2014
But who'd you rather have beside you, number six or Harvey.
Flag
Apr 14, 2014
Good God.
Flag
Apr 14, 2014
I completely agree with you, no question of course!
Flag
Apr 13, 2014
I haven't been able to come here a lot (or really at all since school started again) but I just had to comment on this when I saw you were covering the episodes with Natira.

Natira is probably the best of Jim Henson's Creature Shop for me personally. She has this eerie yet I can't look away beauty about her. I look at sci-fi shows and big budget sci-fi movies today and still they can't compete with Jim Henson's creations, which I really miss. They transport you to different place, and make the impossible look entirely believable.

Also just had to put it out there- loved Zhaan trying to be all bad-ass with the eye patch! &3 her so much! And Jothee, what can I say about him....oh yeah...I hate you! He is the only character in the entirety of the Farscape series that I cannot stand, and I pretty much loved it all, including the villains!

Also I have to mention that despite me being here only sporadically and having done my re-watch during X-mas break, (right before you started yours) I really enjoy the reviews that I catch every so often. Keep it up!
More+
Flag
Apr 14, 2014
I agree with you that Jonthee gives off some negative vibes. We'll see what will happen (I'm on my first re-watch and do not remember that much).
Flag
Apr 14, 2014
SPOILERS!

He gives off much more then vibes in Chiana's direction
Flag
Apr 14, 2014
Oh yeah, now I remember an earlier comment you gave to me....
Flag
Apr 14, 2014
YOu guys make it so much fun to do them by your response. Amazing how much love this 15 year old show still gets. Amazing...but not surprising.

Best show ever in my book.
Flag
Follow this Show
Members