We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

A Farscape Community
Syfy (ended 2004)
Just a little bit of, maybe interesting, information to report. ;-p Texting me from WonderCon, a very good friend of mine (@PaulBurrows) just left the Showrunners Panel at the Con. A panel member, non other than Rockne O'Bannon, the co-creator of Warehouse 13, Defiance, and Revolution... who was also Farscape's creator and showrunner - has indeed CONFIRMED a Farscape movie is happening.

As reported here before, Justin Monjo had written a script for a Farscape movie and Brian Henson was set to direct and obviously provide the Jim Henson Creature Shop facilities (Is There a New Farscape Movie in the Works!?!?) but it appears it was made official TONIGHT.

I will chat with Paul further Sunday, Easter Bunny willing, and see if I can find any more out for all of us 'Scapers!

UPDATE: I had asked the good folks at SpoilerTV to confirm this for me since they have reporters at WonderCon. And indeed they have! (thanks @LOST-TWD-PP-GOT)

MOVIES: Farscape Movie confirmed by Rockne O'Bannon at WonderCon

UPDATE x2: I had written io9 to look into it was well. We received a nice mention when they confirmed it: "Confirmation comes by way of TV.com: The Farscape Movie is Officially Happening"

YAY. Just call me "Scoop"

UPDATE x3: Paul also said that Rockne O'Bannon is giving a lot of credit to Brian Henson for making this happen. He referred to him as "A dog with a bone" and that he wasn't going to let the idea of more Farscape go.

51 Comments
Comments (73)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Loved Farscape and would love a movie but better a new series! Forget the kid have a mission to find Jool and especially Dargo!! Heck everybody comes back to life in Sci Fi and Dargo was great!!
Flag
Best news ever! I can't wait to get more details.
Flag
Believe me - I am all over it.
Flag
YAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYY! edshrinker, you made my day!!!!!!!!
Flag
Are you serious dude?! That's pretty nuts! I actually was happy with the way the show ended. I wonder what the movie is going to be about?
Flag
Read my story. There is a summary from writer Justin Monjo:
(Is There a New Farscape Movie in the Works!?!?)
Flag
Set 19 yrs after PK Wars. Lil D on Earth hidden. Bu goes out to find the folks when the aliens come en masse.
Flag
I know the New Comic Book line is supposed to Bridge the Gap, but i havent read those. I know i am missing something here, but i thought the Ancient Einstein took the Wormhole Knowledge from Chrichton's head, so i am just curious as to how the hell John and Aeryn put him on earth in the first place if john doesn't have the Wormhole knowledge anymore...
Flag
Yeah me to! They said in the series without it it would take like 60 light years to get there???
Flag
OH Wow! This has made my night (well day: my shift starts in 90 min LOL)
Flag
All 90 minutes would be well spent on 2 Farscape episodes.
Flag
LOL I wish! I sort of got two jobs... so when I spent a couple of days without chiming in 'tis because there's a lot of work... which is good! $ to pay the $$$$$$ that I owe :-( ROLF (at least I have not lost my sense of humour)
Flag
Hang on to it Blue...it will serve you well
Flag
I see a direct to DVD release in this movies future!
Flag
One of my favorite shows of all time! More Farscape can never be a bad thing.
Flag
Only if some other douchebag tried to "reboot" it.

With the band back together - they can't go wrong. We are in such NEED of good sci-fi right now. Thank God Almost Human looks like it'll be renewed.
Flag
Excellent news.. Scorpius is my favorite villain of all time
Flag
And Harvey my favorite neural clone! Although Six from BSG was better to look at.
Flag
Both my wife and can't wait for it to come out! yepeeeeeeee!
Flag
Can I get a HELL YEAH! I did this video for the next review - but it is appropriate here as well!

Flag
Oh, that Harvey... I kinda wish (scratch the kinda) that he wasn't dead in John's brain. (I don't follow the comics, as I generally think that's where heroes and ideas go to die).
Flag
I think if John calls on him in the movie - he will show. I know they kind of ended him in PK Wars, but just like bringing D'Argo back - where there is a will...
Flag
Awesome news...been waiting 10 yrs for this.
Flag
Did someone saied NEW FARSCAPE MOVIE !?
FRACK YEAH !
Finally REAL SF !
Flag
I'm so happy right now! Happy Easter everybody!
Thanks Eddy.
Flag
Am I dead ? Is it heaven ? WOAAAH Amazing news . A Farscape movie. And confirmed by O'Bannon himself. Now I know that interest would be minimal (unless they got the best marketing campaign for movie ever. In niche cult series like that buzz among fans or potential fans are what gathers BO) but still guys. A Farscape movie.....just hope to reignite the interest in franchise. Now only thing required is bringing David Kemper back to production team (the way I think he was the one who pushed the boundries) and Wayne Pygram to his leather costume...
Flag
io9 (fantastic sci-fi site) ran with my story. Just go over there and look at all the comments and love!

Minimal interest my ass! LOL

The Farscape Movie is Officially Happening
Flag
My dreams are coming true!!! Farscape Forever!!!
Flag
With a screen name like that you must be a quite the fan. io9 (best science and sci-fi site there is IMHO) wrote up their own story based on mine. The comments have been fun - and there a lot of them. YOu should drop in. A lot of celebration (and a few douchebags)
io9 Farscape story
Flag
You're not a frigid, flat-butted Peacekeeper skank, are you?
Flag
That's fantastic news!
Flag
All the more reason, m'lady...
Flag
Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Flag
Very surprised I haven't seen anything yet. Chalk it up to Easter Eve and now no one working.

I talked to SpoilertV and they are trying to find out more.
Flag
SpoilerTV is how i found out. I saw your name in the article, and jumped back here.
Flag
They didn't even mention they were use me! Sweet!
Flag
I love your and @DSniner's enthusiasm and reactions, I smiled while reading them. And of course: Good News!
Flag

Flag
You're collection of pictures seems to be infinite :-)
Flag
What can I say,got lots of goodies at my disposal!;)Aaaaaaaaand,here's some more...........*sigh*......she's dreamy.....

Flag
How long ago was that FHM? I would have liked it more if GiGi was in full makeup for that pic. Not that she isn't cute on her own.... just Chiana. Mmm.
Flag
Just for you Ed.....sexy Chiana!

Flag
Pip got a boob job.
Flag
How do I feel about a Farscape movie.......

Flag
He is on US West Coast time and was driving back from WonderCon. I hope I can talk with him at length sometime Sunday. It is a family day with Easter. But I promise to nag.
Flag
He'll be looking to this to me by Monday:

Flag

So excited I'm gonna........

Flag
Follow this Show
Members