Farscape

Family Ties (1)

Aired Friday 9:00 PM Jan 28, 2000 on Syfy

• Tragic in space

A good episode, a good cliff-hanger, a good end to a season but not good enough.

I couldn’t help but to feel completely irritated by Crais. He’s a stupid bastard, first with his lame obsession over his brother’s death. And then he becomes a coward and runs to his enemies and then he steels Moya’s kid? Gosh, I really despise him. He’s one of the worst villains in history.

Anyway, what I did love about this episode were the family ties. When Crichton and D’Argo went to the ship, they all trusted each other, Well except mr. Selfish and mr. Hypocrite. But at least Rygal came through, I hated him for what he did at first and really wanted someone to throw a large object at him. But towards the end of the episode I loved him again,. Crais is just…worthless.

Anyway, I loved Aeryn as well, she finally gave the baby a name. ‘Tylon’. I loved her conversation with John about father’s. And then we have Chiana, her character is also excellent. I didn’t like her kiss with John though, icky and wrong. But besides that, she did a great job and I loved that she cooked the gang a meal. Except for Crais, why the hell did she do that? She could have just let the b!tch starve to death.

Anyway, Scorpius wasn’t exactly interesting either. He can’t kill Crichton because he wants what is in him, yadayadayawn.

I also hate the depart of Stark, where is he? I loved him in ‘The Hidden Memory’ and ‘Nerve’, I want to see more of his character.

Anyway, so D’Argo and John do something that felt a little pointless, but necessary while the lamo Crias went away with the baby. Moya had to starburst because they were in trouble and so it does and leave our heroes behind. Aeryn nearby while D’Argo is passing out in space and lets loose the lucky charm John gave to him.

All in all, ‘Family Ties’ was a great cliff-hanger, but it could have been better. It should have, and they should have killed Crias.