Farscape Forums

Syfy (ended 2004)

Bring Farscape back !

merdiolu

[1]Feb 5, 2007
    • level: 7

For past few weeks I have been re-watching this increadeble series. And these rewatchings are a little bit painful because it is reminding me what an excellent series this was. It had everything : Humour , action , adventure , fantasy , drama , romance etc.......Please just bring new adventures of Farscape in any format. ( a new movie , mini series , tv movie etc ) It would be a great sci-fi feast..

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Jacks_Son

[2]Feb 5, 2007
    • level: 13

From today's Sci Fi.com web site:

Farscape (1999–2003) is a science fiction TV series produced by the Jim Henson Company. The spacecraft of a modern-day astronaut, Commander John Crichton, gets pulled into a wormhole during a test of his new theory for high-speed interstellar travel. Crichton emerges from the wormhole to find himself lost in a distant part of the galaxy, a place inhabited by all kinds of strange and exotic life. Thus, the great adventure begins . . .

To the immense sadness of cast, crew, and fans, the show was abruptly cancelled with only a couple of days of shooting remaining at the end of Season 4. This left the story, frustratingly, unfinished. A massive campaign by fans to keep Farscape alive resulted in Farscape: The Peacekeeper Wars (2004). The miniseries continues straight on from Farscape Season 4, and finishes up some of the major story arcs of the Farscape saga.

The two lead actors, Ben Browder and Claudia Black, have repeatedly said they would be more than happy to assume their respective roles as John Crichton and Aeryn Sun once again, should the opportunity present itself. Rumors of a Farscape motion picture have circulated since the series was cancelled. However, as of May 2006, a fifth season of the Farscape series seems more of a possibility than ever before due to the Jim Henson Company's recently aquiring certain important rights. What's certain, however, is that the Farscape story is far from over and some time, some place, it will go on.

entity0

[3]Feb 5, 2007
    • level: 28
    i know the pain you feel for this show not being on anymore. i share it. i love everything about farscape and own all four seasons and peacekeeper wars.

XxClaraxX

[4]Feb 6, 2007
    • level: 12
    Jacks_Son wrote:

However, as of May 2006, a fifth season of the Farscape series seems more of a possibility than ever before due to the Jim Henson Company's recently aquiring certain important rights. What's certain, however, is that the Farscape story is far from over and some time, some place, it will go on.

Eeeeeep!  Ah, imagine that.  I'm getting back into Farscape now after coming across the Peacekeeper Wars a couple of months ago and hunting the episodes down on youtube and similar sites.  Am now collecting all the series.

Will die a happy death if it returns.

davidkc

[5]Mar 21, 2007
    • level: 1
    With the death of Stargate SG-1 and Dark Angel, Farscape is needed more than ever! Farscape fans need to unite and definately let the powers who be know that we want Farscape back!!!! If enough fans yell loud enough miracles can happen. But don't wait too long or Farscape will simply disappear down a wormhole forever.  

davidkc

[6]Mar 21, 2007
    • level: 1
    With the death of Stargate SG-1 Farscape is needed more than ever! It is time the fans let the powers who be that they will not accept the rubbish that is being played on television at the moment. We need to get everyone to complain about the lack of Farscape and demand that Farscape be bought back. If we don't hurry up, it might disappear down a wormhole forever!

pennyrua

[7]Mar 26, 2007
    • level: 10
    wow, farscape coming back would be brilliant. and with Ben and Claudia free from SG1 they could be free to take up their old characters.

DizmanX

[8]Mar 27, 2007
    • level: 3
    With Dargo now dead I would'nt be surpised if Micheal Shanks came on the show..

jezzasparky

[9]Mar 30, 2007
    • level: 3
    BRING FARSCAPE BACK!!!!!!

I miss this show SO much - even now

Fryerider

[10]Apr 19, 2007
    • level: 5

Like the rest of you, I want more Farscape as well. But while the actors may be available, what about the writers? We love it because the stories are great along with the acting.

Next, how will they restore D'Argo? Got to have that Luxan Warrior!! The love between John and Aeryn, the friendship between John and D'Argo, and little sister Chiana with curmudgeon Rygel; not to leave out Pilot and Moya. Hey, maybe another Delvian Pau. And now with baby D and his upbringing -- Man, I'm ready to start watching this program right NOW!!! Somebody get this going!!!!

scristib

[11]Apr 22, 2007
    • level: 5
    I don't thik that SciFi will ever bring back the show, they killed Farscape and now Stargate SG-1. So no hope

Mangalore

[12]Apr 30, 2007
    • level: 7
    I'm afraid farscape as we know it depends too much on the cast and the writer so the whole esemble would have to be brought back to make it work as before.

I think some kind of spin-off placed in the universe might be a more suitable solution to be capable to be different without bringing down the original...

PS: I'm actually glad SG-1 is gone, it has lost its spirit already seasons ago and compare the character development (none) and even the convulted episode finales to that of other series Bah. Farscape also had alot of episode finishes but somehow they always fit the situation, even if only by sheer luck and didn't have to resort to technobabble.

It would have been perfect if SG-1 only got 7 seasons but Farscape another 1-3.